Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )

CJGJ

I don’t say much on this thread but find it fascinating reading. 
I have to say that the Welsh shopping restrictions in supermarkets are absolutely criminal. Not being able to buy bairns clothes or a kettle is brutal. Sorry but these are necessities. What planet are they on ? But they can buy Halloween stuff. Too far

• Replies 107.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

8 minutes ago, Robbofan99 said:

Quell surprise the dentist is “ suggesting “ the central belt will be in tier 3 come Nov 2nd ! Shame on the SG not having the guts to just have Glasgow in this tier considering their higher rates 

He's an absolute bell end. I thought Sturgeon had advised that the decision would be taken at each individual council level? How the feck can you lump in Edinburgh with an infection rate of 10/11 into tier 3 along with Greater Glasgow/Lanarkshire/Ayrshire with infection rates 3/4 times higher???? No wonder people are demonstrating, I hope we do the same.

7 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

I have to say that the Welsh shopping restrictions in supermarkets are absolutely criminal. Not being able to buy bairns clothes or a kettle is brutal. Sorry but these are necessities. What planet are they on ? But they can buy Halloween stuff. Too far

Why would you want to buy bairns a kettle? ;)

Edited by redjambo

13 minutes ago, hmfcbilly said:

These protests are going to get bigger and bigger and be in other major cities soon. Folk are totally frustrated and fed up with the whole situation we are bring placed in. 

Hopefully only way to get the SG to see some sense as no politicians are challenging it . It’s a one party state at the present time 

The Real Maroonblood
11 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

It’s just a guise by the Welsh Government.

4 hours ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Yes, rapid, mass testing is surely the way out of this. I certainly hope your optimism is realised. 

I'm more of a good wine and real ale man but do have a malt occasionally, Christmas, New Year, during pandemics etc 😁, so thanks for the Arran recommendations.  

What difference would rapid mass testing make, if as you say, care homes and hospitals are the vectors for the disease especially since testing the elderly and sick is so difficult?

1 hour ago, redjambo said:

Indeed. I read somewhere that in Aberdeen, for example, they were estimating that half of the population would be eligible for the jab this year.

You can't book a flu jab now.  It is sold out and booking sites are closed on all the chemists.

A major balls up by WM and/or SG.

If you aren't down in your GP as high risk or over the age threshold you better hope you don't get flu.

25 minutes ago, coconut doug said:

What difference would rapid mass testing make, if as you say, care homes and hospitals are the vectors for the disease especially since testing the elderly and sick is so difficult?

What difference would mass testing with rapid results make? Is that what you're asking?

Edited by Enzo Chiefo

5 minutes ago, frankblack said:

You can't book a flu jab now.  It is sold out and booking sites are closed on all the chemists.

If you aren't down in your GP as high risk or over the age threshold you better hope you don't get flu.

Hang on.

So Covid is all but fake and nothing to worry about but every man and his dug outside of the usual categories are trying to get the flu jab when normally they would ride it out.

🤣

But seriously who isn't getting access to a jab.

If it's the new categories of 55+; NHS and care staff that's out of order or if say e.g someone like me who doesn't merit a free NHS one, decides to be a selfish erse and books in for one, and can do.

4 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

image.thumb.png.79c0290c33a36fcba2b956adc6361e9e.png

So the 5 tier system isn't that confusing after all. 

Edit.  Ruined that a bit.

So having a 5 tier system isn't that confusing after all?

Twat (me) 

Edited by DETTY29

1 minute ago, DETTY29 said:

Hang on.

So Covid is all but fake and nothing to worry about but every man and his dug outside of the usual categories are trying to get the flu jab when normally they would ride it out.

🤣

Anyone who doesn't qualify for a free flu jab because they are not old enough or not on a high risk register with their GP.

Not being on a high risk register with the GP doesn't mean people don't need flu jabs! Other people are supposed to be able to either book them through work or get them privately at a cost from chemists except they can't any longer because someone has royally ****ed it up.

1 minute ago, DETTY29 said:

If it's the new categories of 55+; NHS and care staff that's out of order or if say e.g someone like me who doesn't merit a free NHS one, decides to be a selfish erse and books in for one, and can do.

That isn't the way it works.  You can't book into a free flu jab if you aren't on the list.  You should have been able to pay for it privately though but now can't because someone ****ed it up.

6 minutes ago, frankblack said:

Anyone who doesn't qualify for a free flu jab because they are not old enough or not on a high risk register with their GP.

Not being on a high risk register with the GP doesn't mean people don't need flu jabs! Other people are supposed to be able to either book them through work or get them privately at a cost from chemists except they can't any longer because someone has royally ****ed it up.

That isn't the way it works.  You can't book into a free flu jab if you aren't on the list.  You should have been able to pay for it privately though but now can't because someone ****ed it up.

Cheers.

So NHS Scotland control the supply and booking system for all flu jabs in Scotland whether free or privately?

Edit - at Health board level.

Edited by DETTY29

4 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

Cheers.

So NHS Scotland control the supply and booking system for all flu jabs in Scotland whether free or privately?

Booking websites are closed on all major chemists I've tried and even getting myself on waiting lists has resulted in two messaging back to say they aren't getting any more supply.

The chemists are doing both NHS and private so NHS Scotland must have some say on the supply if multiple chemists are being told they aren't getting any more.

Its a complete shitshow.

Remember the government has been telling everyone to get vaccinated as that is supposed to improve your chances if you get covid.

Edited by frankblack

1 hour ago, hmfcbilly said:

These protests are going to get bigger and bigger and be in other major cities soon. Folk are totally frustrated and fed up with the whole situation we are bring placed in. 

Said this to my missus this week, there will be rioting in the streets soon. As for calling them the police they are dressed more like military swat teams these days.

4 minutes ago, frankblack said:

I'm afraid I disagree with you, please let me explain.

GP's & the NHS have to put in an order for the number of flu vaccines they think they will need based upon their patients in March/April.

WM, the SG or the NHS or even high street chemists wouldn't have known back in March/April when they put their orders in, that there would have been such an unprecedented demand for the flu vaccine come September/October as we are seeing now, there was no way any of them could have known 6 months in advance the demand by the public we are seeing now.

When things became clear that demand was going to outstrip supply, warnings were issued that non high risk groups ie: joe public, who wanted the flu jab could have to wait until December/January until supplies became available again.  As you will know you can't just culture and grow a vaccine in a matter of a couple of weeks, it takes months to grow a vaccine.

It's easy to blame WM, the SG or the NHS, however the problem of lack of supply of the flu vaccine is simply down to the sheer numbers of ordinary people who normally don't bother getting the flu jab wanting it this year.  Obviously those in the high risk groups, those people who get the flu vaccine every year have to take priority over those who in many cases will be getting a flu vaccine for the very first time and simply because they are spooked into doing so.

13 minutes ago, Brian Dundas said:

Genuine question, how long after one negative test before you need to be re-tested? 

Depends on whether you want to eliminate all risk or just assess best probabilities.  Life is full of risks. Checking temperatures, rapid testing etc is all about reducing risk and weeding out anyone with symptoms. Eliminating risk completely is flawed.  Twice weekly testing for all care home staff, hospital workers and temperature checks and/or rapid result tests for all visitors??  What do you reckon?  Lack of NHS staff , due to self isolation rules is probably as big a problem as lack of capacity tbh

1 minute ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

I'm afraid I disagree with you, please let me explain.

GP's & the NHS have to put in an order for the number of flu vaccines they think they will need based upon their patients in March/April.

WM, the SG or the NHS or even high street chemists wouldn't have known back in March/April when they put their orders in, that there would have been such an unprecedented demand for the flu vaccine come September/October as we are seeing now, there was no way any of them could have known 6 months in advance the demand by the public we are seeing now.

When things became clear that demand was going to outstrip supply, warnings were issued that non high risk groups ie: joe public, who wanted the flu jab could have to wait until December/January until supplies became available again.  As you will know you can't just culture and grow a vaccine in a matter of a couple of weeks, it takes months to grow a vaccine.

It's easy to blame WM, the SG or the NHS, however the problem of lack of supply of the flu vaccine is simply down to the sheer numbers of ordinary people who normally don't bother getting the flu jab wanting it this year.  Obviously those in the high risk groups, those people who get the flu vaccine every year have to take priority over those who in many cases will be getting a flu vaccine for the very first time and simply because they are spooked into doing so.

I get the flu jab every year but a consequence for working from home due to Government restrictions means that my employer hasn't communicated anything about offering it to us.

It isn't as simple as stating that high risk groups should be prioritised as people like myself that are too young and not registered as high risk might still be at risk if we contract Covid.  I had a severe viral attack in February that was undiagnosed as it was pre-Covid (and GPs tell you not to go to the surgery with a virus), and perhaps many others did too and would like to minimise my risk.

The fact is we don't know how many people that may be eligible for a free flu jab have paid for it privately to get it early and used up that supply.

Remember the governments advice to everyone was to get vaccinated so they created the problem and the panic.

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, Robbofan99 said:

Quell surprise the dentist is “ suggesting “ the central belt will be in tier 3 come Nov 2nd ! Shame on the SG not having the guts to just have Glasgow in this tier considering their higher rates 

The dentist?

manaliveits105

Time to mobilise the Capital Freedom Fighters and stand up against these numpties our figures are nothing like the west’s 

Konrad von Carstein
1 hour ago, frankblack said:

Yes you can, I booked mine and get it in 2 weeks.

6 minutes ago, Konrad von Carstein said:

Yes you can, I booked mine and get it in 2 weeks.

Not any more - they are closed and even the waiting lists that they set up are closed.

Edited by frankblack

Nucky Thompson
16 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

The dentist?

You must be the only person in Scotland who doesn't know who the dentist is

5 minutes ago, frankblack said:

Not any more - they are closed and even the waiting lists that they set up are closed.

Have you tried the chemist on Forrest Road, they had availability yesterday.

5 minutes ago, Alex said:

Have you tried the chemist on Forrest Road, they had availability yesterday.

Thanks for the tip - will enquire on Monday.  I have tried all the major chemists and the local ones in my area, and this goes back a month.

If any are going to have any availability it will be the smaller ones.

pharmaceutical01
59 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

Cheers.

Edit - at Health board level.

Yes - Community pharmacists provided all the allocation estimated for a 12 week season in just over two weeks. Now that that allocation is used up we are getting no more vaccines - my pharmacy as some just over 500 vaccines on that time and we had bookings well into the middle of November . LH informed us of no more vaccines with no notice ! However plenty of stock for drive thrus !!

7 minutes ago, frankblack said:

I get the flu jab every year but a consequence for working from home due to Government restrictions means that my employer hasn't communicated anything about offering it to us.

It isn't as simple as stating that high risk groups should be prioritised as people like myself that are too young and not registered as high risk might still be at risk if we contract Covid.  I had a severe viral attack in February that was undiagnosed as it was pre-Covid (and GPs tell you not to go to the surgery with a virus), and perhaps many others did too and would like to minimise my risk.

The fact is we don't know how many people that may be eligible for a free flu jab have paid for it privately to get it early and used up that supply.

Remember the governments advice to everyone was to get vaccinated so they created the problem and the panic.

But we are not on about contracting covid, we are on about contracting the flu and the flu jab for the higher risk groups who might have more severe outcomes from contracting the flu and therefore take priority over younger and lower risk groups, such as yourself.

One of my Sister-in-laws even being diabetic paid for her jab at boots, as it turned out she would have gotten her flu jab for free two weeks later on the NHS, but she panicked and paid for it, meaning she did someone like yourself out of a jab, I wonder how many others did the same.

The government IIRC advised in July/August for people to get a flu jab this year, known full well that the orders had already been submitted around about 3 months earlier for this seasons flu vaccines, this fact was reported at the time in some of the media, maybe some people missed the reports about it, I didn't, but I knew how the system worked, so it wasn't news to me. 

Pasquale for King
14 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

You must be the only person in Scotland who doesn't know who the dentist is

Enlighten me?

3 minutes ago, pharmaceutical01 said:

Yes - Community pharmacists provided all the allocation estimated for a 12 week season in just over two weeks. Now that that allocation is used up we are getting no more vaccines - my pharmacy as some just over 500 vaccines on that time and we had bookings well into the middle of November . LH informed us of no more vaccines with no notice ! However plenty of stock for drive thrus !!

1 minute ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

But we are not on about contracting covid, we are on about contracting the flu and the flu jab for the higher risk groups who might have more severe outcomes from contracting the flu and therefore take priority over younger and lower risk groups, such as yourself.

One of my Sister-in-laws even being diabetic paid for her jab at boots, as it turned out she would have gotten her flu jab for free two weeks later on the NHS, but she panicked and paid for it, meaning she did someone like yourself out of a jab, I wonder how many others did the same.

The government IIRC advised in July/August for people to get a flu jab this year, known full well that the orders had already been submitted around about 3 months earlier for this seasons flu vaccines, this fact was reported at the time in some of the media, maybe some people missed the reports about it, I didn't, but I knew how the system worked, so it wasn't news to me. 

Both the above replies do tie up with the feedback I have been getting when I have been knocked back twice on waiting lists.

2 hours ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Most of the oldies here got theirs this week.

The vulnerable under 65's (my group) got theirs almost a month ago now at the end of September, and there was a steady stream when I was at my GP's surgery for mine.

The more people who get the flu jab this year the better, not just for themselves, but also to potentially take pressure off the NHS, less flu cases means more capacity to treat covid cases, so the theory goes.

My Mum's supposed to get hers at her GP this weekend, they're doing it alphabetically at set times but they were far enough behind that she couldn't face standing for that long.  Hopefully the queues will be less tomorrow, she can't have been the only one not able to queue for whatever reason.

Pasquale for King
5 minutes ago, Robbofan99 said:

Your at it 

You’re, wrong. Sorry I must’ve forgot who the dentist is? Leitch? The new clinical director? The old one? My echo chamber probably doesn’t refer to him as such. 

Professor Leitch it is, carry on. 

Edited by Pasquale for King

Weakened Offender
1 hour ago, DETTY29 said:

Hang on.

🤣

Unbelievable, eh? 😁

Weakened Offender
2 hours ago, JWL said:

He's an absolute bell end. I thought Sturgeon had advised that the decision would be taken at each individual council level? How the feck can you lump in Edinburgh with an infection rate of 10/11 into tier 3 along with Greater Glasgow/Lanarkshire/Ayrshire with infection rates 3/4 times higher???? No wonder people are demonstrating, I hope we do the same.

Why don't you stage a protest in your mate's big hoose? 😀

Governor Tarkin
11 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

You’re, wrong. Sorry I must’ve forgot who the dentist is? Leitch? The new clinical director? The old one? 

Ask the google which one of them is a dentist and you'll get your answer, bud. 

Unless more than one of them is a dentist. **** knows. It's been done to death earlier in the thread (tl;dr) so you'd be better off looking for fresh ground for your next bunfight. 

Someone should probably compile a list of virgin covid related topics for folk to take extreme positions on. @redjambo, you busy?

Edited by Governor Tarkin

13 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

You’re, wrong. Sorry I must’ve forgot who the dentist is? Leitch? The new clinical director? The old one? My echo chamber probably doesn’t refer to him as such. 

Professor Leitch it is, carry on. 

😂😂

15 minutes ago, Weakened Offender said:

Unbelievable, eh? 😁

Yep.

And you do know what 'Barnsley Granny for PM' is going to die of.

With her family having a press release read to go out saying she was a heroine that fought for every breath in ICU for 16 weeks.

Then the tap on the shoulder 'er, she said she had lived her life and was ready to go whenever and likely infected another 50 or so...at least'

Pasquale for King
6 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Ask the google which one of them is a dentist and you'll get your answer, bud. 

Unless more than one of them is a dentist. **** knows. It's been done to death earlier in the thread (tl;dr) so you'd be better off looking for fresh ground for your next bunfight. 

Someone should probably compile a list of virgin covid related topics for folk to take extreme positions on. @redjambo, you busy?

Got there eventually, must’ve missed the earlier descriptions of Jason the Baptist. He’s talks like a Hun, he’s from Airdrie, he’s religious. Can’t stand him to be honest and he’s got a big mouth. 
Currently discussing how wrong someone is to think that Messi is a cheat and Ramos is a hero on the Barca/Madrid thread. I’ve been told I’m a pervert and need psychological help, now if he knew me I would take that on board. 
Say hi to FF and tell her to push 😜

1 hour ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Depends on whether you want to eliminate all risk or just assess best probabilities.  Life is full of risks. Checking temperatures, rapid testing etc is all about reducing risk and weeding out anyone with symptoms. Eliminating risk completely is flawed.  Twice weekly testing for all care home staff, hospital workers and temperature checks and/or rapid result tests for all visitors??  What do you reckon?  Lack of NHS staff , due to self isolation rules is probably as big a problem as lack of capacity tbh

My point is that it could make a difference in the community but not much in hospitals or care homes. How do we further isolate people in these settings? How would rapid tests help in regard to visitors? It takes a few days before people are symptomatic and can test positive does it not? What do you do with the people you have weeded out? There is also the massive inconvenience of having a probe inserted in one of your orifices every time you go somewhere. It has to work in tandem with a policy of suppression imo.

Governor Tarkin
3 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Got there eventually, must’ve missed the earlier descriptions of Jason the Baptist. He’s talks like a Hun, he’s from Airdrie, he’s religious. Can’t stand him to be honest and he’s got a big mouth. 
Currently discussing how wrong someone is to think that Messi is a cheat and Ramos is a hero on the Barca/Madrid thread. I’ve been told I’m a pervert and need psychological help, now if he knew me I would take that on board. 
Say hi to FF and tell her to push 😜

:D

That's quite a litany.

Looking forward to your company once again irl, bud. 

FF says hi but the pushing's all done. 👍

Mac_fae_Gillie
2 hours ago, DETTY29 said:

Hang on.

🤣

I'm only 52 so still not on the Flu jab list, never had one but this year 100% will get one ASAP, cuss..

1..don't want to have to go to doctors surgery if I get bad flu for penicillin..

2..As flu has many symptons of Covid19 been darn nice not to get a cough etc as it means going sick and getting a Covid test,

3...and coughing away whilst in queue at Tesco is really a head turner right now, heck had cough in March at the very start of this people just stare at you as if your death. Plus would just be nice not to feel like crap for 5days in winter.

34 minutes ago, Weakened Offender said:

Why don't you stage a protest in your mate's big hoose? 😀

Well he does have an exceedingly big house but I reckon a protest there would be somewhat counter-productive don't you think? Anyway, can't his weekend as we're all heading to Berwick to watch the game in the boozer:greggy:

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )
  • JKBMod 12 featured, locked, unlocked and unfeatured this topic