• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

JudyJudyJudy
36 minutes ago, Psychedelicropcircle said:

Watching coronation st, ***** are in the pub.

raging🤬

Im raging your watching Corrie..lol..havent watched it since Bet Lynch left it lol

JudyJudyJudy
10 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

We’re all in good company.

😃

As Bette Davis said " Old age  ain't for sissies" :) 

1 hour ago, redjambo said:

I'm assuming this is it - https://www.theatlantic.com/health/archive/2020/09/k-overlooked-variable-driving-pandemic/616548/

I'll go and get a coffee and a muffin, and launch myself into it... :thumb:

Interesting read.

Throw in an early treatment for all those who are backward traced to a cluster/super-spreader event and it might mean no one goes to hospital and no new super-spreader(s) form from that cluster.

There is no shortage of data to be analysed to further shape our understanding. Less of R and more of k certainly sounds the right thing. And that might be behind the restaurant/bars closure.

Finding out more about who super-spreaders are and targeting them specifically could be a game changer. Maybe there is a particular trait or blood type. Or that they are heavy mouth breathers who don't brush their teeth. But to truly find out these answers would mean sacrificing privacy. Though some countries are already doing that so their findings on 'k' and policies will likely be our near future.

Edited by kila

N Lincs Jambo
2 hours ago, Francis Albert said:

Popped into our local town centre in our outer London borough which has one of the lowest coronavirus case rates in the country. Hoped to have a meal in one of the few and best Chinese in the area still open a week.or two ago. We have been going there for nearly 40 years. Locked up with a sad little note  in the window warning the owner not to enter and listing the tables and chairs, ovens fridges and other contents for sale. Gone bust presumably. Round the corner we found 3 out of 4 pubs shut in the middle of Friday lunchtime. 

Local cinema closed today after the brief reopening after (the first)  lockdown.

Sadly doesn’t surprise me FA. Loads of businesses which have clung on by their fingernails are going to go under. All because of a massive overreaction to a disease with a 99.8% survival rate (source the WHO).

4 hours ago, JamesM48 said:

I pitcher him as Marlon Brando in " A streetcar named desire" when In fact hes probably Marlon Brando in " Island of lost souls" :) :) 

😀

So, new cases in England are 4500 down on yesterday but still the BBC lead with "Covid cases on the rise", citing the weekly ONS survey which is an estimate based on randomly selecting households. Had it been the other way round, you know what the headline item would be. Unbelievably misleading and biased reporting. 

14 hours ago, jonesy said:

Simply interpreting what the First Fuehrer is effectively telling most normal, sociable folk in Scotland.

I would encourage posters to watch this it’s coming here Not too far away I think 

1 hour ago, jonesy said:

So, Neil Lennon is patient zero?

7 minutes ago, FWJ said:

How was your night out?

Fakin wonderful Q

jack D and coke
4 hours ago, JamesM48 said:

Yes thats what im suprised at. He wouldn't even watch it ?  The guy makes some great points about a wide range of issues related to Covid. Yes hes an elitist snob but sometimes it appears that some people are inverted snobs. 

Not a great fan of the guy but just because you don’t like someone doesn’t mean they can’t be right sometimes. 
He makes some decent points. 

10 hours ago, Victorian said:

An article in The Atlantic that was posted last week.   It's on the thread somewhere.

Very interesting too, there's clearly more to this than meets the eye

10 hours ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

My mates and I call it Bladder Meinhof syndrome.

Slack Bladder, Slack Bladder, he pishes all the time.

Sung/Sang to this. :)

No amount of money ever bought a second of time. 

So I'll take life over business every day of the week and twice on Sunday. 

Might even pick masel up a wee pub or gym on the cheap. 

:sweeet:

Governor Tarkin
12 hours ago, AlimOzturk said:

See if this current action of shutting down pubs and restaurants doesn’t slow the infection rate what then? Will they go further? 

The current restrictions haven’t gone down well from what I have seen. More could see a revolt. 

A ban on alcohol sales across the board. 

Governor Tarkin
1 hour ago, ri Alban said:

Didn't know you were a Tory, ausseh. 👍

1 hour ago, ri Alban said:

No amount of money ever bought a second of time. 

Can I ask what you do for work?

29 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

A ban on alcohol sales across the board. 

Wouldn’t surprise me with that anti drinking bint sturgeon. Anyone having a good time is fair game for her. 

The Real Maroonblood
1 minute ago, AlimOzturk said:

Wouldn’t surprise me with that anti drinking bint sturgeon. Anyone having a good time is fair game for her. 

:rofl:

12 hours ago, weehammy said:

Given that this is a HEALTH crisis why have we seen/heard so little from the SG HEALTH secretary?
In England the hapless Hancock has been ubiquitous, but here Freeman has been elbowed aside by Sturgeon and Leitch, begging the question - what is she for ?

And if Johnson had taken day to day charge in England and Freeman up here, would you have the opposite view?

That's not a criticism, just such is life.

2 hours ago, ri Alban said:

No amount of money ever bought a second of time

There's a pretty strong link between wealth and life expectancy both in terms of the individual and the collective.

With the average age of covid death older than our age of life expectancy, I'd actually argue that crashing the economy is more likely to lower the age of life expectancy and mean by the law of averages, you'd have more time catching covid than if we supress it by sacrifing business.

Business over life, in this instance should actually mean more life. A win, win.

I'd give anything for my Da to meet my boy and his daughter. Having or not having my own business wouldn't/didn't /hasn't change a thing. 

54 minutes ago, Taffin said:

There's a pretty strong link between wealth and life expectancy both in terms of the individual and the collective.

With the average age of covid death older than our age of life expectancy, I'd actually argue that crashing the economy is more likely to lower the age of life expectancy and mean by the law of averages, you'd have more time catching covid than if we supress it by sacrifing business.

Business over life, in this instance should actually mean more life. A win, win.

Life expectancy is what you're using for acceptance of euthanasia. 

Got it! 👍 Your locals must serve some pint. 

4 minutes ago, jonesy said:

This is no place for cold, rational logic, Taffin. Could you please refrain from such posts and either call people Flat Earthers or Fun Sponges. Thanks. 🧠

On a serious note, the short term strategizing from governments on CV19 has shown most of them up to be worried about little more than their next election chances. The whole protect the NHS and each other line is, more and more, looking like nothing more than window dressing.

18 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

I'd give anything for my Da to meet my boy and his daughter. Having or not having my own business wouldn't/didn't /hasn't change a thing. 

Probably not a great idea for anyone who might be tempted to reply "boo fecking hoo" to the above post to actually do so.

12 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Life expectancy is what you're using for acceptance of euthanasia. 

Got it! 👍 Your locals must serve some pint. 

Where did I say anything about euthanasia?

I'm just saying you're more likely to live longer with wealth (both personally and your society), than without wealth, even when factoring in catching coronavirus 👍

Been reading about the latest restrictions on Twitter this morning and most people not happy about what’s happened with job loses ect 

The people that are backing the lockdown decisions and say losing a few jobs is worth it to save lives are all hardcore SNP supporters going by their profiles 

I get the feeling sturgeon could tell us not to come out our bedrooms unless for a shite and she’d get fully backed by her supporters 

Go back to work, don’t go back to work, go to the pub, don’t go to the pub, meet your friends, don’t meet your friends. Is that clear enough for you? and in two weeks we will do the same again 

53 minutes ago, theshed said:

Been reading about the latest restrictions on Twitter this morning and most people not happy about what’s happened with job loses ect 

The people that are backing the lockdown decisions and say losing a few jobs is worth it to save lives are all hardcore SNP supporters going by their profiles 

I get the feeling sturgeon could tell us not to come out our bedrooms unless for a shite and she’d get fully backed by her supporters 

That seems to be the case on Facebook.  With the same names appearing time and time again.

It isn't going to help them this close to the holyrood elections, though.  This level of bad news can't be buried.

1 hour ago, Taffin said:

Where did I say anything about euthanasia?

I'm just saying you're more likely to live longer with wealth (both personally and your society), than without wealth, even when factoring in catching coronavirus 👍

Yes that’s true , wealthier people love longer . Same regarding covid , it’s more working class people who have died As they have tended to have to go to work  and use public transport at the height of the pandemic . Both areas been high risk 

husref musemic
16 minutes ago, frankblack said:

That seems to be the case on Facebook.  With the same names appearing time and time again.

It isn't going to help them this close to the holyrood elections, though.  This level of bad news can't be buried.

SNP are a means to an end for many folk & can't / won't see how mediocre, inept & corrupt they are. 

Take the new sick kids for example (there's many fek ups) longer than the trams to build, 3 years overdue, signed off & costs £150 a month closed. a new complete hospital would be quite handy the now!!

https://news.stv.tv/east-central/delayed-hospital-staffing-costs-hit-almost-140000-per-month

who's been held accountable for this ? nobody !

The figure i saw from public health England was 5% of infections are hospitality related! The rise is due to schools & Uni's going back.

i feel for the people who are going to lose jobs & businesses.

Meanwhile  Mr & Mrs Sturgeon are busy burying bad news during the week.

1 minute ago, husref musemic said:

SNP are a means to an end for many folk & can't / won't see how mediocre, inept & corrupt they are. 

Take the new sick kids for example (there's many fek ups) longer than the trams to build, 3 years overdue, signed off & costs £150 a month closed. a new complete hospital would be quite handy the now!!

https://news.stv.tv/east-central/delayed-hospital-staffing-costs-hit-almost-140000-per-month

who's been held accountable for this ? nobody !

The figure i saw from public health England was 5% of infections are hospitality related! The rise is due to schools & Uni's going back.

i feel for the people who are going to lose jobs & businesses.

Meanwhile  Mr & Mrs Sturgeon are busy burying bad news during the week.

I saw two minutes of Sturgeon's briefing yesterday and she made it quite clear that if people demanded independent analysis of the reasons for this "circuit breaker" then her next action was to trigger a full lockdown.

Her policy from the start was to keep Schools and Unis open at any cost.  Well, the cost is clearly proven in job losses while the infection rates going through the roof with teenagers and young adults who en masse refuse to follow the rules on social distancing or wearing face coverings.

The SG only have themselves to blame for this as it is their political decisions that have failed.

Scottish numbers: 10 October 2020

Summary

• 1,009 new cases of COVID-19 reported; this is 14.1%* of newly tested individuals [-237]
  • 6 new reported death(s) of people who have tested positive [+0]
  • 34 people were in intensive care yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19 [+1]
  • 432 people were in hospital yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19 [+35]
  • 19,664 new tests for COVID-19 that reported results

=====

A look at the per-board infection figures (per 100,000) shows:

Lanarkshire: 31, G. Glasgow: 30, Ayrshire & Arran: 19, Lothian: 18, Dumfries & Galloway: 17, Tayside: 13, everyone else: 10 or under.]

Edited by redjambo

First time I've seen the percentage figure being asterix-ed (tbf I haven't exactly been honing in on it daily) but I have wondered how they end up with such a high figure when the ~1000 +ives,  and the 14% equals roughly 7000 tests total, yet they chuck in that nearly 20K testes were undertaken. 

I did look into the fine print on the website yestreday but soon got bored!  Something about more than one test used on an individual, which I assume would probably favour the majority, or those testing negative.  Not sure why they just don't cut out all the bull shit and just provide data that makes simple sense.

Any statasticians out there offer any basic simplification? 👍

36 minutes ago, redjambo said:

Scottish numbers: 10 October 2020

Summary

• 1,009 new cases of COVID-19 reported; this is 14.1%* of newly tested individuals [-237]
  • 6 new reported death(s) of people who have tested positive [+0]
  • 34 people were in intensive care yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19 [+1]
  • 432 people were in hospital yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19 [+35]
  • 19,664 new tests for COVID-19 that reported results

=====

A look at the per-board infection figures (per 100,000) shows:

Lanarkshire: 31, G. Glasgow: 30, Ayrshire & Arran: 19, Lothian: 18, Dumfries & Galloway: 17, Tayside: 13, everyone else: 10 or under.]

So Lothian is at 18 cases per 100k? And that's the same criteria we use for quaranting holidaymakers from certain countries? And with Johnson's new traffic light system,  we would be "green". Yet we're back into a partial lockdown??  What an ill thought out sh*t show!!

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )
  • JKBMod 12 featured, locked, unlocked and unfeatured this topic