Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )

CJGJ

Riddley Walker
1 minute ago, Governor Tarkin said:

How do you manage the socially distanced pumping, John, assuming you don't have a two meter bobbie?

image.thumb.png.1adfc19722dcd3c81de457578ec91c98.png

• Replies 107.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Jambo 4 Ever
1 minute ago, hughesie27 said:

Another to join the 'I'll argue against anything gang'.

The higher than 20 IQ citizens understand that this is a method of reducing the number of people using public transport to the minimum whilst maintaining essential societal structures. Like letting people get to work.  

Well said 

Just now, Jambo 4 Ever said:

You could make a day of it if it really is that essential 

According to Nicola it’s not essential. Does she really think everyone is going to walk to non essential shops or has she maybe not put a lot of thought into this?

Riddley Walker
2 minutes ago, Taffin said:

You're conflating why someone is travelling with whether the travel itself is needed or not.

Someone doesn't need to go somewhere unnecessary, but to go there, they would need to travel.

She should ask people not to do needless thing that will require travel. The key word there is require, ie. needed.

Think you're being needlessly pedantic here Taffin.

Heartsmad1874
2 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

Another to join the 'I'll argue against anything gang'.

The higher than 20 IQ citizens understand that this is a method of reducing the number of people using public transport to the minimum whilst maintaining essential societal structures. Like letting people get to work.  

It certainly is a method, are people listening though? Doubt it.

Edited by Heartsmad1874

Ron Burgundy
1 minute ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

You could make a day of it if it really is that essential 

You're good.

You are fecking good, I'll give you that.

And you're ability to stay in character for every single post must be commended.

:rofl:

2 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

So why are non essential shops still open? If nobody is supposed to travel to go to them then they should be closed. Why are gyms open, golf courses etc? Makes no sense at all. None. 

You can still walk/cycle/get a taxi to these places. Which in turn will be implementing social distancing practices to neglect substantial any risk. Not really the case on public transport where everyone is handling the same surfaces.

2 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

You are missing the point 

Numbers on public transport have to be limited 

listen to the governments rules and advice - it’s there for a reason 

So why are non essential places still open. Encouraging people to travel to them?

6 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

So why are non essential shops still open? If nobody is supposed to travel to go to them then they should be closed. Why are gyms open, golf courses etc? Makes no sense at all. None. 

Just catching up on this so may have wrong end of the stick but she is asking people not to travel out with their health board area ie lothian etc ( it is only a request not law )

Riddley Walker
2 minutes ago, Ron Burgundy said:

You're good.

And you're ability to stay in character for every single post must be commended.

The ***** has been in character for about 6 years. Scarily impressive, and a wee bit sad.

You can still walk/cycle/get a taxi to these places. Which in turn will be implementing social distancing practices to neglect substantial any risk. Not really the case on public transport where everyone is handling the same surfaces.

Much safer ways to travel I agree. As long as places are open people will go there, regardless of government advice. They’ll also use buses and trains to get there. The new rules and recommendations will not work. 

3 minutes ago, Heartsmad1874 said:

It certainly is a method, are people listening though? Doubt it.

Which is somehow the Gov's fault.

1 minute ago, steve123 said:

Just catching up on this so may have wrong end of the stick but she is asking people not to travel out with their health board area ie lothian etc ( it is only a request not law )

She was advising against using public transport. My longwinded point was that as long as public transport is running and there are places to go, people will use public transport to get there. So her advice will not be adhered to.

2 minutes ago, Riddley Walker said:

Think you're being needlessly pedantic here Taffin.

I am indeed but what have we got left, if not some good old pedantry? 

Besides, sometimes it's fun to ask needlessly pointless questions to a poster who asks needlessly pointless questions all the time (not Hughesie, who's a good poster.)

Heartsmad1874
3 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

Which is somehow the Gov's fault.

In someways it is. There is very little faith in the govs from the public just now. When their own MSP's at the time can go to London and back whilst showing symptoms/having Covid, why can't Joe Bloggs go up town shopping?

Edited by Heartsmad1874

7 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

I’m the same. Without it on I keep.walking out the house thinking I’ve forgotten something. 

What time of day does this usually happen?

Just now, GinRummy said:

Hold on I’ll just check my...😀

You’ve forgot it again, haven’t you?  🙄

3 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

She was advising against using public transport. My longwinded point was that as long as public transport is running and there are places to go, people will use public transport to get there. So her advice will not be adhered to.

Yea agree with that completely

1 hour ago, heartstastic said:

Listen fella if you don't like what i post simply put me on ignore job done. I don't appriciate the slander and attacks and i bet your bottom dollar if we were to have a discussion face to face you would not be so dismissive and disrespectful so reign it in.

An bit of info on the 'loser' blogger

Jon was a candidate for a US Congressional seat in the 29th District of California. He maintains a consulting practice for private clients, the purpose of which is the expansion of personal creative power. Nominated for a Pulitzer Prize, he has worked as an investigative reporter for 30 years, writing articles on politics, medicine, and health for CBS Healthwatch, LA Weekly, Spin Magazine, Stern, and other newspapers and magazines in the US and Europe. Jon has delivered lectures and seminars on global politics, health, logic, and creative power to audiences around the world

Remember there are people who are brainwashed into what mainstream media tell them just look at the scare stories  in the DM all designed to shock and there is a saying 

“A Compliant population is easier to control “ a read at this is interesting 

https://theconversation.com/compliant-environment-turning-ordinary-people-into-border-guards-should-concern-everyone-in-the-uk-107066

doctor jambo
5 minutes ago, weehammy said:

This is funny...........or more accurately tragic.

BBC reporting no COVID on Arran for the last 4 months - but pubs still need to close.

WTF?

Its to stop folks visiting, really.

and once all the businesses on Arran have collapsed as a result, nobody will visit again

Harry Potter
22 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

I’m the same. Without it on I keep.walking out the house thinking I’ve forgotten something. 

👍

8 minutes ago, weehammy said:

This is funny...........or more accurately tragic.

BBC reporting no COVID on Arran for the last 4 months - but pubs still need to close.

WTF?

The official explanation is that if they were to allow the pubs on Arran to stay open then they would also have to impose travel restrictions to Arran to stop folk going over to enjoy the pubs, and they don't want to impose such restrictions.

Not commenting on it, just passing on the info. Note that there are no travel restrictions between the central belt and the rest of Scotland.

27 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

Never been in an Uber then? :laugh: Don't think I have seen one yet wearing a mask properly.

1 minute ago, jonesy said:

Sounds essential to me.

And of course, getting to Princes Street means you need to travel. 

--- 

Here's one for @Jambo 4 Ever, a bit like the old you're the ref, but updated for the Covid age : Imagine someone living in the central belt, but in a rural area. Let's call him Hammy. So, one morning, Hammy gets up, makes a coffee and checks his disposable mask stockpile. To his horror, he has no masks left. He's miscalculated his supplies. The nearest shop to Hammy - who lives alone, struggles with walking more than 5 or 10 minutes, has no friends or family, and doesn't use the internet - is a bus ride away. There is a bus stop, for a service that'll take him to either the capital or the Weege, within walking distance of his isolated home.

Having thoroughly searched his little home, he finds nothing which could be used as a substitute mask. His Hearts scarf got lost after the carnage at Easter Road when Bozanic slammed in his screamer.

He starts to panic. Does he get on the bus to get to the shop to buy a mask, potentially transmitting the killer Covid to all the other passengers and the driver? Is this even an essential journey? 

What should poor Hammy do? 

IMG_6450.jpg

44 minutes ago, Heartsmad1874 said:

Police Scotland recommend officers don't use the tracing app as it's 'haphazard', 'unreliable' and 'inaccurate'....

Teachers in England have been advised the same. I wouldn't use it either for that same reason. If you are following the rules,  you will know anyone you have come into contact with and, if they tested positive, to self isolate if appropriate.  

31 minutes ago, Ron Burgundy said:

You're good.

Never lets his guard drop in the slightest and as you said never out of character 

You’d think just one night at least after a few drinks he’d lose the plot and let his guard down but he never does 

3 minutes ago, jonesy said:

Yep, will be getting on the bus to go to the pub tonight. Bunch of us meeting up. Love a Friday night out.

Enjoy 👍

joondalupjambo
9 hours ago, graygo said:

Anytime outdoors until 10pm.

In other parts of the country, pubs, bars, restaurants and cafes will be able to open indoors until 18:00 - but only to serve food and non-alcoholic drinks.

However, they will be able to serve alcohol in outdoor settings such as beer gardens until 22:00, with the current rules on no more than six people from two households remaining in place.

Cheers Graygo.  Interesting that some folk picked this issue up earlier when first announced as 6 to 10 outside and so even this has been not 100% clear.

I think it is a bit daft.  South Queensferry pub shut all the time and a North Queensferry one with outdoor seating able to sell booze all day.  Surely folk just jump on a 5 minute bus journey over the bridge if they are desparate for a pint and regardless of advise on use of public transport that will not stop them.

17 minutes ago, samgolden said:

Remember there are people who are brainwashed into what mainstream media tell them just look at the scare stories  in the DM all designed to shock and there is a saying 

“A Compliant population is easier to control “ a read at this is interesting 

https://theconversation.com/compliant-environment-turning-ordinary-people-into-border-guards-should-concern-everyone-in-the-uk-107066

There is a bit of that going on. Stand up every day and repeat the same old sh*te and eventually a section of the population will fall into line. Then, come the next election repeat the trick and when the SNP leaflets land on the mat, your compliant voter is on board. There is a touch of the Ralph Halpern about all of this tbh.  Although, pleading to the good nature of Old Firm fans not to have a house party is barely credible. A Rangers pub in Blackpool has already been inundated with calls from fans in Glasgow wanting to book tables to watch next week's game. 

5 minutes ago, jonesy said:

Anyone running about with an app that tells them to stay in their house for 14 days on the spurious evidence that their phone has sensed its own proximity to someone else's phone, the owner of which has tested positive, shouldn't be allowed shoelaces, let alone a mobile phone.

Spot on Jonesy. 

5 minutes ago, jonesy said:

It's going to be a big one. Our local is a bit small for the number in our group, but sure we can all squeeze in. 

As long as there are less than 20 of you from a maximum of 25 households in no more than 3 different streets, you should be fine.

Jambo 4 Ever
8 minutes ago, jonesy said:

Anyone running about with an app that tells them to stay in their house for 14 days on the spurious evidence that their phone has sensed its own proximity to someone else's phone, the owner of which has tested positive, shouldn't be allowed shoelaces, let alone a mobile phone.

You’re very wrong 

Jambo 4 Ever
7 minutes ago, jonesy said:

It's going to be a big one. Our local is a bit small for the number in our group, but sure we can all squeeze in. 

What pub?

1 hour ago, Governor Tarkin said:

I used to manage 60 odd going down the hill past the cop shop on my old Vespa 50 when it was quiet. Flip flops, shorts, open faced helmet and flying goggles, with dreadlocks flowing in the wind. Ah, happy times.

I remember that Vespa flying past me back in the day. You always seemed to time it just as the cops were finishing their tea break.  Yeah, nostalgia aint what it used to be.

9 minutes ago, jonesy said:

I've been invited to a "lock in" at a couple of pubs tonight, both require a bus journey there and back. Not sure which one would be best so might try to fit them both in. 😉

20 minutes ago, westbow said:

Never been in an Uber then? :laugh: Don't think I have seen one yet wearing a mask properly.

That's the drivers fault. You should use the tools UBER provides to report blatant disregard of the guidelines.

Jambo 4 Ever
1 minute ago, graygo said:

I've been invited to a "lock in" at a couple of pubs tonight, both require a bus journey there and back. Not sure which one would be best so might try to fit them both in. 😉

Which pubs?

25 minutes ago, jonesy said:

Sounds essential to me.

And of course, getting to Princes Street means you need to travel. 

--- 

Here's one for @Jambo 4 Ever, a bit like the old you're the ref, but updated for the Covid age : Imagine someone living in the central belt, but in a rural area. Let's call him Hammy. So, one morning, Hammy gets up, makes a coffee and checks his disposable mask stockpile. To his horror, he has no masks left. He's miscalculated his supplies. The nearest shop to Hammy - who lives alone, struggles with walking more than 5 or 10 minutes, has no friends or family, and doesn't use the internet - is a bus ride away. There is a bus stop, for a service that'll take him to either the capital or the Weege, within walking distance of his isolated home.

Having thoroughly searched his little home, he finds nothing which could be used as a substitute mask. His Hearts scarf got lost after the carnage at Easter Road when Bozanic slammed in his screamer.

He starts to panic. Does he get on the bus to get to the shop to buy a mask, potentially transmitting the killer Covid to all the other passengers and the driver? Is this even an essential journey? 

What should poor Hammy do? 

B - Indirect Free Kick within the box. 

Edited by Normthebarman

That's the drivers fault. You should use the tools UBER provides to report blatant disregard of the guidelines.

It’s Nicola sturgeons fault as well. 

John Findlay
1 hour ago, Governor Tarkin said:

How do you manage the socially distanced pumping, John, assuming you don't have a two meter bobbie?

A man has to have some secrets😉

The Great Barrington Declaration which apparently has the support of thousands of medics, apparently doesn't do any checking on who signs up, so there are loads of fake medical names on it.

I'm shocked that something backed by such luminaries as Nigel Farage,  Toby Young,  Isabel Oakeshott turns out to be a lot of sh1te.

2 hours ago, Ron Burgundy said:

I think he has someone's ear in that department. A few folk I know have fell foul of his reporting.

I did within about 2 mins of posting something.

doctor jambo
6 minutes ago, Costanza said:

The Great Barrington Declaration which apparently has the support of thousands of medics, apparently doesn't do any checking on who signs up, so there are loads of fake medical names on it.

I'm shocked that something backed by such luminaries as Nigel Farage,  Toby Young,  Isabel Oakeshott turns out to be a lot of sh1te.

And as this thread proves, a whole load of utter trumpets support lockdown too, doesnt really prove anything

John Findlay
1 hour ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

Not if you are in the central belt - you can’t - especially using public transport 

Stop your trolling. You are a total pain in the arse.

24 minutes ago, graygo said:

I'm not sure if pub crawls are allowed before 10pm unless the Old Firm game goes to penalties.  And does drinking in different pubs, in different regions, on the same night count as a crawl or separate individual events??  No wonder everyone is confused by these new guidelines.

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )
  • JKBMod 12 featured, locked, unlocked and unfeatured this topic