Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )

CJGJ

Governor Tarkin
40 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

I agree that speeding is deeply irresponsible but it's difficult to stick to 70mph on an empty road. A motorway I mean, not Oxgangs Road North.

I used to manage 60 odd going down the hill past the cop shop on my old Vespa 50 when it was quiet. Flip flops, shorts, open faced helmet and flying goggles, with dreadlocks flowing in the wind. Ah, happy times.

• Replies 107.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Governor Tarkin
8 minutes ago, Barack said:

Or a de-misting spray. Available at all reputable opticians.

Mamia baby shampoo also works a treat.

2 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Does mixed message from governments play a part?

It is oy as complicated as you choose to make it.

They specifically said they aren't asking people to cancel holidays. Alongside that they ask that people don't leave their local area. So if you have a holiday booked then go. Otherwise please stay where you are unless necessary.

3 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Mamia baby shampoo also works a treat.

The wife’s  got mania baby wipes upstairs. Wonder if they’d do the trick ?

Edited by GinRummy

1 minute ago, hughesie27 said:

It is oy as complicated as you choose to make it.

They specifically said they aren't asking people to cancel holidays. Alongside that they ask that people don't leave their local area. So if you have a holiday booked then go. Otherwise please stay where you are unless necessary.

So it’s fine to travel around your local area. There’s also no risk from going on holiday but it’s so risky going to your local pub/restaurant that they all need to be closed. Does that honestly sound in any way logical to you? 

1 hour ago, Barack said:

Remember when JKB trolled the Daily Mail comments page?

Does it work the other way too?

Oooh, now that'd be a twist! 

12 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Thank you. Never realised there was such a thing. 

I've tried loads of that kinda stuff, even the military stuff, Cat Crap ect, never had much luck, when I've had enough stuff on the lenses they're greasy and smeared looking, when I take some off they steam up🤬

19 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Put the mask on first and then specs over the top of some of the mask and it doesn’t steam them up.

Never thought of that. 

Driving me nuts. 

Cheers 👍👍

1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

So it’s fine to travel around your local area. There’s also no risk from going on holiday but it’s so risky going to your local pub/restaurant that they all need to be closed. Does that honestly sound in any way logical to you? 

I don't particularly agree with the pubs etc closing no. But yes, going to a hotel where it will have been deep cleaned before and after your stay doesn't seem too risky either. 

But that's not the point that brought us here. You asked if anyone ever travels without needing to. Which as I pointed out is the sort of mentality that breeds unhelpful agendas. The sort of mind set that suggests that you are already against any firm of restrictions before they are even announced.

Just now, Dawnrazor said:

I've tried loads of that kinda stuff, even the military stuff, Cat Crap ect, never had much luck, when I've had enough stuff on the lenses they're greasy and smeared looking, when I take some off they steam up🤬

Was cat crap a typo aye?

Just now, hughesie27 said:

I don't particularly agree with the pubs etc closing no. But yes, going to a hotel where it will have been deep cleaned before and after your stay doesn't seem too risky either. 

But that's not the point that brought us here. You asked if anyone ever travels without needing to. Which as I pointed out is the sort of mentality that breeds unhelpful agendas. The sort of mind set that suggests that you are already against any firm of restrictions before they are even announced.

I never asked that mate. It was another poster. I asked if the public constantly being unclear of the rules is helpful? Wasn’t specifically meaning travel but several opinion polls have pointed to confusion. 

28 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

I wasn’t being entirely serious but ‘only travel if you need to’ is a fairly stupid instruction. Not as daft as visiting Birmingham 😀

😂😂 Absolutely correct, but I need Nespresso pods ASAP 

Harry Potter
15 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

I used to manage 60 odd going down the hill past the cop shop on my old Vespa 50 when it was quiet. Flip flops, shorts, open faced helmet and flying goggles, with dreadlocks flowing in the wind. Ah, happy times.

dreadlocks, lol

22 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

Visiting a friend or family member (who doesn’t live alone) when you can do it on video call instead 

That's a needless activity, not needless travel. There's a difference. 

It's just more unclear messaging.

You don't need to visit people but if you're going to, then you do need to travel.

Heartsmad1874
11 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

Its a weird time when people need to go on holiday but at the same time people who need/want to go visit family or just in general go outside of their local area can't/advised against.

Edited by Heartsmad1874

Jambo 4 Ever
Just now, Taffin said:

That's a needless activity, not needless travel. There's a difference. 

It's just more unclear messaging.

You don't need to visit people but if you're going to, then you do need to travel.

You don’t need to travel to see family / friends - you can do it on FaceTime 

on 2 weeks 

24 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

It's this sort of mentality that results in this lasting longer than need be imo.

In what way?

Give me an example of needless travel please. 

Not a needless activity, needless travel.

Just now, Jambo 4 Ever said:

on 2 weeks 

No, you don't need to travel to do facetime.

You do need to travel to see family and friends in person if they don't live in your house.

You can argue until you're blue in the face that you don't need to meet someone in person at another location. I won't argue with you.

What you can't argue is that if you are going to another location, you do need to travel. Unless you've found some physics bending way of bringing that location to you?

What you/she means to say is, don't do unnecessary things that need you to travel. 

She's every bit as muddled and confusing as Boris.

4 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

on 2 weeks 

Human contact has been proven to be a basic need. 

Heartsmad1874
Just now, Taffin said:

No, you don't need to travel to do facetime.

You do need to travel to see family and friends in person if they don't live in your house.

You can argue until you're blue in the face that you don't need to meet someone in person at another location. I won't argue with you.

What you can't argue is that if you are going to another location, you do need to travel. Unless you've found some physics bending way of bringing that location to you?

What you/she means to say is, don't do unnecessary things that need you to travel. 

She's every bit as muddled and confusing as Boris.

838D27ED-1508-4ACC-904C-1430DA2A0ADB.jpeg

John Findlay
4 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

on 2 weeks 

My partner lives in Stoke on Trent. I travel down there every fortnight by train to see her. I follow the guidelines and have been hassle free. I will continue my travelling

7 minutes ago, Heartsmad1874 said:

Its a weird time when people need to go on holiday but at the same time people who need/want to go visit family or just in general go outside of their local area can't/advised against.

And even weirder when you shut hospitality and haven’t factored in that people will travel outside their local area where hospitality is still open. 

Jambo 4 Ever
1 minute ago, John Findlay said:

My partner lives in Stoke on Trent. I travel down there every fortnight by train to see her. I follow the guidelines and have been hassle free. I will continue my travelling

Not if you are in the central belt - you can’t - especially using public transport 

7 minutes ago, Taffin said:

In what way?

Give me an example of needless travel please. 

Not a needless activity, needless travel.

Do the two not go hand in hand?

Basically any reason you would use public transport just now other than to go to work or the shops for food/supplies.

2 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

Not if you are in the central belt - you can’t - especially using public transport 

So why is public transport still running if you can’t use it?

Ron Burgundy
2 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

:rofl:

Jambo 4 Ever

So why is public transport still running if you can’t use it?

For essential Use only - ie going to work when you can’t work from home 

1 minute ago, hughesie27 said:

Basically any reason you would use public transport just now other than to go to work or the shops for food/supplies.

Where has Nicola sturgeon said that?

3 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

Not true. Other than it not being against the law at this stage, there are a number of reasons why it's okay.

5 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

:levein_interesting:

That’s your interpretation. I’m going into Princes Street tomorrow to hand in my watch to get fixed. If they don’t want me to do that surely Laings would be shut. 

Ron Burgundy

What do you find funny mate?

You mate . You have done more than most spreading this killer yet feel sanctimonious enough to advise other .

Jambo 4 Ever

That’s your interpretation. I’m going into Princes Street tomorrow to hand in my watch to get fixed. If they don’t want me to do that surely Laings would be shut. 

That’s not essential

could you not walk or cycle?

Heartsmad1874
3 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

So are you saying the virus now knows who'se going to work and the shops so doesn't effect them, only those needlessly using it?

Theres no way you can tell people if their travel is okay. Its up to them ffs.

Edited by Heartsmad1874

Harry Potter

pretty essential getting your watch fixed, i always need one on. 

During her statement on Wednesday.

So why are non essential shops still open? If nobody is supposed to travel to go to them then they should be closed. Why are gyms open, golf courses etc? Makes no sense at all. None. 

You're conflating why someone is travelling with whether the travel itself is needed or not.

Someone doesn't need to go somewhere unnecessary, but to go there, they would need to travel.

She should ask people not to do needless thing that will require travel. The key word there is require, ie. needed.

Governor Tarkin
8 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

How do you manage the socially distanced pumping, John, assuming you don't have a two meter bobbie?

1 minute ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

That’s not essential

could you not walk or cycle?

Afraid not. It’s 7 miles away and I can’t be ****ed 

1 minute ago, Heartsmad1874 said:

So are you saying the virus now knows who'se going to work and the shops so doesn't effect them, only those needlessly using it?

Another to join the 'I'll argue against anything gang'.

The higher than 20 IQ citizens understand that this is a method of reducing the number of people using public transport to the minimum whilst maintaining essential societal structures. Like letting people get to work.  

Jambo 4 Ever
1 minute ago, Heartsmad1874 said:

Theres no way you can tell people if their travel is okay. Its up to them ffs.

You are missing the point 

Numbers on public transport have to be limited 

listen to the governments rules and advice - it’s there for a reason 

Jambo 4 Ever
Just now, GinRummy said:

Afraid not. It’s 7 miles away and I can’t be ****ed 

You could make a day of it if it really is that essential 

2 minutes ago, Harry Potter said:

pretty essential getting your watch fixed, i always need one on. 

I’m the same. Without it on I keep.walking out the house thinking I’ve forgotten something. 

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )
  • JKBMod 12 featured, locked, unlocked and unfeatured this topic