Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )

CJGJ

Cairneyhill Jambo
2 hours ago, GBJambo said:

So Leitch thinks that hospitality and house meetings are two main factors in cases rising. He was asked what percentage of overall figures these 2 made up, he didn’t know 

😂 

Making it up as they go along 

The FM said during her briefing today that the track and trace system identified that hospitality and house parties were the main reason for the increase in cases. Does it really ****ing matter about percentages? That's why they have introduced restrictions on these two things. 

• Replies 107.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

19 minutes ago, Cairneyhill Jambo said:

The FM said during her briefing today that the track and trace system identified that hospitality and house parties were the main reason for the increase in cases. Does it really ****ing matter about percentages? That's why they have introduced restrictions on these two things. 

It matters if that percentage is as low as 5%, that's what I heard it was claimed to be earlier today.

7 minutes ago, graygo said:

It matters if that percentage is as low as 5%, that's what I heard it was claimed to be earlier today.

Seems unlikely. Unless she just wanted to help Boris out. 

32 minutes ago, Cairneyhill Jambo said:

How can they justify it if they cannot back it up?  Show us the reasoning and we might just understand otherwise what are they hiding? 

5 minutes ago, Back to 2005 said:

How can they justify it if they cannot back it up?  Show us the reasoning and we might just understand otherwise what are they hiding? 

Not an unreasonable request. 

24 minutes ago, Back to 2005 said:

There is no reasoning. No justification. They're making it up as they go along. Doing anything just to be seen to be doing something.

Playing up to the neurotic masses they've helped create over the past six months.

I'll go along with their guidelines when someone can point me towards any scientific proof that said guideline makes a difference and can't be contradicted in the blink of an eye by other said expert. Until then, I won't be sticking a mask on to go for a pat cash in my local cos Nicola and Jason say so.

Sue me! 😘

56 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Seems unlikely. Unless she just wanted to help Boris out. 

I should have clarified that the 5% figure was only hospitality, didn't include house parties.

Adam_the_legend
3 minutes ago, graygo said:

I should have clarified that the 5% figure was only hospitality, didn't include house parties.

Based on leitch’s response to the question it wouldn’t surprise me. I don’t believe for one second he wouldn’t know the percentages off the top of his head, he must’ve been looking at that data constantly for days/weeks. 

4 hours ago, Ray Gin said:

He gets advised by a panel of experts. He doesn't make stuff up off the top of his head. 

What qualifies these 'experts' in covid 19 RG? I have heard this term a lot since this nonsense started. 

Paul McCartney is an EXPERT in writing songs.

Sir Alex Ferguson is an EXPERT in football management.

Stephen King is an EXPERT in writing novels.

Al Pacino is an EXPERT in acting in films.

Claude Monet is an EXPERT in painting.

Terry Wogan was an EXPERT in presenting and broadcasting.

I am not seeing much 'expertise' here. I am seeing a lot of draconian decisions, restrictions and laws that are destroying millions of lives but I am not seeing any increase in life expectancy, decrease in nationwide deaths and I am certainly not seeing a country united.

If COVID 19 was never put into the worldwide airways or indoctrinated into the populist psyche not one person would be any the wiser. There would be no noticable spike in worldwide deaths and we would all just be plodding along.

Do you understand that suicides in the UK are up 400% this year. 400 ****ing percent man.

That weegie revolting cretin is getting paid (I assume) handsomely to put fear into the country, treat us like imbeciles and try and control. I even seen this fraud talk like an 'expert" on Scottish grassroots football. He will be out next week being an expert on milk or something.

A bigger sanctimonious fraud I have never seen 

Edited by i8hibsh

4 hours ago, whodanny said:

How do we really know who are at most risk

Facts and statistics.

Almost no-one has died under the age of 75 with NO underlying health conditions.

Children are by fact not a risk.

I think going by any census, the above make up 95% of the entire population of the UK.

3 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

What qualifies these 'experts' in covid 19 RG? I have heard this term a lot since this nonsense started. 

I am not seeing much 'expertise' here. I am seeing a lot of draconian decisions, restrictions and laws that are destroying millions of lives but I am not seeing any increase in life expectancy, decrease in nationwide deaths and I am certainly not seeing a country united.

If COVID 19 was never put into the worldwide airways or indoctrinated into the populist psyche not one person would be any the wiser. There would be no noticable spike in worldwide deaths and we would all just be plodding along.

Do you understand that suicides in the UK are up 400% this year. 400 ****ing percent man.

That weegie revolting cretin is getting paid (I assume) handsomely to put fear into the country, treat us like imbeciles and try and control. I even seen this fraud talk like an 'expert" on Scottish grassroots football. He will be out next week being an expert on milk or something.

Well I would be tempted to ask what are you an expert in? Deciding who is an expert? And show everyone where you get this 400% increase in suicides from.

Because frankly I find it dubious and you're offering nothing to support it. Nothing but you saying it. And that's not good enough.

4 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

High praise from the resident gonk. 

1 hour ago, JFK-1 said:

Well I would be tempted to ask what are you an expert in? Deciding who is an expert? And show everyone where you get this 400% increase in suicides from.

Because frankly I find it dubious and you're offering nothing to support it. Nothing but you saying it. And that's not good enough.

Would you take him at his word if he was a dentist?

1 hour ago, JFK-1 said:

The ONS says they don't know yet due to delays in inquests, I dont see how anyone can put a number on it without it being guesswork. 

13 minutes ago, Taffin said:

I don't get this, 'he's only a dentist' to undermine someone who is obviously very good at what he is doing. I take your Dad does all your dentistry. I'll stick to the qualified with an abundance of knowledge and experience. I'm sure Dr Jambo can fit you in, sometime! 

Doc Jambo surgery. 

Edited by ri Alban

Just now, ri Alban said:

I don't get this, 'he's only a dentist' to undermine someone who is obviously very good at what he is doing. I take your Dad does all your dentistry. I'll stick to the qualified with an abundance of knowledge and experience. I'm sure Dr Jambo can fit you in, sometime! 

It's not intended to undermine him based on his profession; he did that himself standing up last night making claims and then not backing himself up with data and dodging questions...exactly like i8 has done.

I'm simply asking if i8 was also a dentist would that be sufficient to accept his points without data too? Boris would be getting absolutely shredded for similar behaviour, rightfully so.

Seymour M Hersh
15 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

Don’t act like a selfish twit mate 

Much better acting like a lemming following the dear leader and dentist off the cliff?

5 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

"Members are public health experts, clinicians and academics spanning the disciplines of epidemiology, virology, public health, behavioural sciences, global health, medicine and statistical modelling."

Highly qualified and educated people. 

As for your 4th paragraph, if you truly believe that nonsense, you're another who is beyond help and pointless debating with. 

This thread is bad for your mental health. 

The Mighty Thor

Another mass outbreak at a halls of residence, this time in Dundee. 

Who could have forseen that?

Time to close them and send the kids back home. Distance learning is the common sense way forward. 

Edited to add another outbreak at Glasgow University yesterday and Edinburgh University having to threaten to remove kids from their courses if they break the rules.

How ****ing obvious is it? 

Edited by The Mighty Thor

6 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

Where did you hear this? 

Weakened Offender
6 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Time to close them and send the kids back home. Distance learning is the common sense way forward. 

19 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

Dont see why the students should be punished when lots of real adults on this thread thread are set to continue flaunting whichever restrictions appear to Orwelllllyun to them. 

1 hour ago, Taffin said:

If he were talking about teeth perhaps. Suicide rates or anything else for that matter, no.

The Mighty Thor
5 minutes ago, Weakened Offender said:

Dont see why the students should be punished when lots of real adults on this thread thread are set to continue flaunting whichever restrictions appear to Orwelllllyun to them. 

Don't see why students should be allowed to do whatever the **** they want when lots of real adults (who pay for their further education via taxation) on this thread are set to continue following the rules that are meant to apply to everyone?

6 hours ago, JyTees said:

There is no reasoning. No justification. They're making it up as they go along. Doing anything just to be seen to be doing something.

Playing up to the neurotic masses they've helped create over the past six months.

I'll go along with their guidelines when someone can point me towards any scientific proof that said guideline makes a difference and can't be contradicted in the blink of an eye by other said expert. Until then, I won't be sticking a mask on to go for a pat cash in my local cos Nicola and Jason say so.

Sue me! 😘

Some of the guidelines are law now so you must wear masks where appropriate etc. 

15 minutes ago, Fun Boaby said:

Swinney was dodging the percentage question on BBC breakfast.

What do they have to hide?

I saw that. I don't think it's so much he's got something to hide, he doesn't know the answer.

Toxteth O'Grady
9 hours ago, davemclaren said:

The car share thing is advisory and not a regulation/law, as far as I am aware. 

That’s correct. I’d think if your only alternative to getting a lift from the same person every day is to get on a bus with a mix if people then car sharing is the better option. 

Weakened Offender
25 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Don't see why students should be allowed to do whatever the **** they want when lots of real adults (who pay for their further education via taxation) on this thread are set to continue following the rules that are meant to apply to everyone?

Ken. 

It really is a mess, there is not one part of the UK with the same restrictions in place.

The thought of easy messaging has obviously not been thought through- I will abide by the rules but I can see easily how young people will not when looking to England, Wales etc and the differences.

They can bring in all the laws they like etc but if you don't have the backing of your people then will not make alot of difference.

1 hour ago, Lord BJ said:

One of the things that was probably missed during Leitch abortion of an interview, was his suggestion that restrictions needed to be national due to the fact people travel. Therefore local lockdowns are ineffective, 

He even saying the easiest thing for them would just be to implement a lockdown. 

I find both those statements concerning. 

First time I’ve seen him get asked questions he should be getting asked 

The Aberdeen lockdown worked so he’s talking shit about not working and as you said he sounded like he’d shut down all of Scotland if he could 

Governor Tarkin
9 hours ago, jonesy said:

Twitter just seems like an absolute den of cretinousness, point-scoring and bitchiness. FB just a home for the weird.

Both of these statements are also applicable to Kickback.

8 hours ago, Cairneyhill Jambo said:

Crack down on house parties then, and don't punish folk who have been behaving responsibly.

49 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Edited to add another outbreak at Glasgow University yesterday and Edinburgh University having to threaten to remove kids from their courses if they break the rules.

How ****ing obvious is it? 

You had better stop nipping round to your folks for a cup of tea then. That'll stop the spread.

40 minutes ago, Weakened Offender said:

Students shouldn't be punished as a whole, but lots of real adults, yourself included, are having restrictions imposed upon them despite having behaved in a resposnible manner throughout. You know you're not the problem, I know I'm not the problem, 90% of the places I've been over the past six months aren't the problem. Everyone knows where the problem is. The 'data' shows where the problem is. Non compliant hospitality, house parties which were already forbidden, and younger folk in general behaving like young people not giving a ****.

If those were policed more effectively we wouldn't need to be disrupting the social interactions of folk who (despite having a good whinge about it) have largely been playing ball all along. My fear is that a lot of those folk are really going to resent paying the price for the behaviour of others, leading to non-compliance (I'll be ****ed if I'm not poppong my head in on my housebound mother-in-law), further social division, and - if a full on lockdown is imposed - a spot or two of civil unreat. A lot of good people have a lot to lose. Meanwhile the folk having the house parties, mass gatherings, etc, carry on regardless.

It's a sledge hammer to crack a nut, although I acknowledge that it's a pretty serious nut.

jack D and coke
Just now, theshed said:

First time I’ve seen him get asked questions he should be getting asked 

The Aberdeen lockdown worked so he’s talking shit about not working and as you said he sounded like he’d shut down all of Scotland if he could 

It’s very true that if BJ or Hancock or anyone else from the WM government got asked that question and couldn’t answer they’d get an absolute coating for it. 

Communication is absolutely vital and we are making an arse of it in this country.

Leitch should have all the information to hand to fully explain the rationale for decisions we make and really poor that he didn't.

Also, see another example of the UK Government confusing the public and business.

I always get the impression Jason Leitch finds the whiff of greasepaint very exciting. 

He admitted these are political decisions, so why is a government adviser defending them. The day after the budget, the chief economic adviser isn't sent out to justify political decisions, and I can't see how this is any different.

It's probably easier for the politicians to hide behind an adviser, and wee Jason has dreamt of being centre stage since the day he hung up his wee mirror.

The Mighty Thor
25 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

You had better stop nipping round to your folks for a cup of tea then. 

I believe Derek Acorah is unavailable. 

23 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

It’s very true that if BJ or Hancock or anyone else from the WM government got asked that question and couldn’t answer they’d get an absolute coating for it. 

Agreed if you are putting yourself out there you should no your shit regardless of who they represent and let's be honest Leitch likes putting himself out there.

14 minutes ago, fancy a brew said:

I always get the impression Jason Leitch finds the whiff of greasepaint very exciting. 

He admitted these are political decisions, so why is a government adviser defending them. The day after the budget, the chief economic adviser isn't sent out to justify political decisions, and I can't see how this is any different.

It's probably easier for the politicians to hide behind an adviser, and wee Jason has dreamt of being centre stage since the day he hung up his wee mirror.

wee jason, how tall is he, asking for a friend.

10 hours ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Would probably involve him admitting that hospitality accounts for a small percentage of infections. It seems barely credible that he couldn't give an approximate percentage given he's been involved in advising the govt.  Good on Rebecca Curran for asking probing questions. Moreglum and Wise yesterday should have been accountable for the number plucking scaremongering stunt that they delivered.

Yes she really grilled him , good on her . Idiots in twitter critcising  her saying he isn’t a politician. He isn’t . He is their mouthpiece though . 

Governor Tarkin
6 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

I believe Derek Acorah is unavailable. 

Sorry about that, it was more of a general point I was making anyway. It goes to show though, we only have each other for a short time, grandparents especially. The latest restrictions seem really quite unfair in that regard.

12 hours ago, davemclaren said:

If you want to start a thread on lesbianism then read the rules on homophobic comments and start a separate thread. 👍

9290B341-2DF0-46D7-9FE1-B38D0293A941.jpeg

Didn’t meAn to include the bit from Dave mclaren ! Not relevant but the graph is the latest stats from Sweden 🇸🇪 looks like they have achieved herd immunity 

jack D and coke
2 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Didn’t meAn to include the bit from Dave mclaren ! Not relevant but the graph is the latest stats from Sweden 🇸🇪 looks like they have achieved herd immunity 

It would be amazing if their strategy paid off. I hope so. 

Weakened Offender
45 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

From who? I'll give you Piers Morgan but who else is holding them accountable? 

1 minute ago, Lord BJ said:

Is that a chart on lesbianism and I’m reading it wrong.😀

Lol no it’s not I don’t know why that came up too .

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )
  • JKBMod 12 featured, locked, unlocked and unfeatured this topic