Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )

CJGJ

4 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Typical  comment from cult follower. Can't provide any reasonable defence for shocking performance by Leitch so deflect away. 

LaughingMatt-392d.gif?crop=0px,0px,440px

• Replies 107.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Lord BJ said:

I think he know the stats, I suspect it’s more he did not want to reveal tbh.

His answer was "I don't know that, why would i know that" 

Seemed a strange response.

5 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

I think he know the stats, I suspect it’s more he did not want to reveal tbh.

Well why not? If thats the case then thats more evidence of a lack of transparency.

If they want to impose tighter restrictions we ought to be told what evidence and data they have instead of 'the science says so' or 'i don't know' 

Edited by Heartsmad1874

Malinga the Swinga

Whenever criticism is levied against Sturgeon or Leitch, apparently the only two people allowed to speak on behalf of the government, the response from followers of SNP is always to deflect onto UK government. Why can't they just admit that their heroes are not as great as they were made out to be.

I am happy to admit when BJ has been awful, that Hancock is a joke and that Rees Mogg is a slimy waste of skin. Happy to criticise any of the politicians (and their pet scientists and advisors)   as none of them, bar perhaps chancellor, have been equal to the task set before them. A task that is unbelievably difficult, but. a task they chose to take on

4 hours ago, doctor jambo said:

Nobody extra has died,

and a Covid death is any within 28 days of a diagnosis of Covid,

so catch Covid , recover, get run over a month later and BING Covid death

Covid kills virtually nobody anyway. The deaths are almost always due to the comorbidities but as a doctor you would know that.

You don't know if anybody extra has died but what you should be aware of is that the numbers dying and being hospitalised are increasing across all of the U.K. The average age of infection is decreasing 

16 minutes ago, King prawn said:

Apart from the obvious health benefits for everyone... I can’t wait to move beyond COVID just to get that arsehole off the TV. 

I'll be glad when I can go back to not knowing who any of them are and not caring. 

Malinga the Swinga
4 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

LaughingMatt-392d.gif?crop=0px,0px,440px

I don't get what you are trying to achieve. Hancock is hopeless at his job, but that doesn't excuse Leitch and his shocking performance on two separate occasions tonight.

You really can't stand to see Sturgeon, Leitch or SNP criticised in any way. Very strange.

Shanks said no
46 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

He is good at getting the important messages across. I’ve actually spoken to him before too and was very impressed with the way he explains things.

:rofl:Did he say "if you need me to stop just raise your left hand"

7 minutes ago, Fun Boaby said:

His answer was "I don't know that, why would i know that" 

Seemed a strange response.

Probably because cases are actually increasing due to schools being open and I suspect that would be a greater cause of the virus spread then pubs/restaurants.

Everyone who are covid experts, anti restrictions, anti masks, anti-everything that not just the Scottish Government are implementing but the UK, Wales, NI and many other countries in Europe are.  Do you think your 'rebellious' comments about not going to adhere to the restrictions or you know better are going to make a slight bit of difference to their thinking or actions?

Or perhaps, whilst it's a pain in the arse, causes economic hardships and effects lives, we realise the best chance to get these restricitons eased sooner is to take responsibility and act responsibly?

Just a thought.

Seymour M Hersh
33 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

He gets advised by a panel of experts. He doesn't make stuff up off the top of his head. 

Whitty, Vallance and SAGE? 

2 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Whitty, Vallance and SAGE? 

https://www.gov.scot/groups/scottish-government-covid-19-advisory-group/

Members are public health experts, clinicians and academics spanning the disciplines of epidemiology, virology, public health, behavioural sciences, global health, medicine and statistical modelling.

Membership will be kept under review.

Members

• Professor Andrew Morris (Chair)
  • Chief Scientist (Health), Scottish Government
  • Chief Scientific Adviser for Scotland, Scottish Government
  • Chief Medical Officer, Scottish Government
  • Deputy Chief Medical Officers, Scottish Government
  • Roger Halliday, Chief Statistician, Scottish Government
  • Professor Chris Robertson, University of Strathclyde
  • Professor Mark Woolhouse , University of Edinburgh
  • Professor Jill Pell, University of Glasgow
  • Angela Leitch, Public Health Scotland
  • Dr Jim McMenamin, Public Health Scotland
  • Professor Tom Evans, University of Glasgow
  • Professor Steven Reicher, University of St Andrews
  • Professor Aziz Sheikh, University of Edinburgh and Scottish Science Advisory Council
  • Professor Devi Sridhar, University of Edinburgh
  • Professor Jacqui Reilly, Glasgow Caledonian University and NHS National Services Scotland
  • Professor Carol Tannahill, Chief Social Policy Adviser, Scottish Government
  • Professor Sir Harry Burns, University of Strathclyde
Edited by Ray Gin

The Real Maroonblood

I can’t share my car from someone from another household.

This weekend I’m going on a helicopter flight with a few strangers.

Ffs.

Absolute joke.

31 minutes ago, King prawn said:

Apart from the obvious health benefits for everyone... I can’t wait to move beyond COVID just to get that arsehole off the TV. 

Just watch ITV then....you'll never see him or any other government minister appear on there!

Thought this was interesting reading. A letter to the CMOs from a number of epidemiologists and public health experts.

Particularly points out their disagreement with a shielding the vulnerable strategy.

Also seems to indicate that a full lockdown isn't the way to go either.

https://blogs.bmj.com/bmj/2020/09/21/covid-19-an-open-letter-to-the-uks-chief-medical-officers/#comment-5079217714

1 minute ago, jonesy said:

Viruses don't need tackled on this scale. That's the bloody point. If the governments and the media hadn't lost their shit in Feb/Mar, I doubt most folk would have even noticed the emergence of Covid-19. It would have been put down to a 'bad' late flu season and the world would have kept spinning, like it has every year.

Glad you know so much better than these experts, maybe you should apply for membership. I'm sure they'll be impressed by your credentials. Remind us what they are? 

I see your point, and may have agreed if it weren't for the lies, u-turns and general attitude of those implementing these damaging 'measures'. It's precisely because it causes economic hardships and effects [sic] lives that people should resist, where sensible and appropriate, such arbitrary and disproportionate decrees.

By continuing to see family members - one of whom messaged me tonight, terrified of the loneliness the original lockdown brought to her - and questioning the inconsistent advice from official bodies, I would argue that I am acting more responsibly than anyone who blindly follows the rules.

But take that to the next step.   So you want to meet that family member and completely understand why.  Can you guarantee that you are meeting them with zero chance of infecting them due to your previous actions or same for them?

So based on that, you're placing trust on each other to act responsibly.  Multiply that through to the population of Scotland - what results do we think we'll see, based on what's been happening recently?

At this time here has to be a line and we're not all experts or can guarantee we've not done something which couldn't put us in risk of being infected.

I don't have an issue with the alternate view - but it's not going to change government's actions - in fact it's only going to strenghen them.

Malinga the Swinga
1 minute ago, Ray Gin said:

Glad you know so much better than these experts, maybe you should apply for membership. I'm sure they'll be impressed by your credentials. Remind us what they are? 

Love the way you avoid answering questions on criticising Leitch and Sturgeon by quickly moving on to next topic. It really is lamentable behaviour.

13 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

Clearly all the kickback experts know better how to tackle the virus than that lot.

Well 6 months down the line and we are back to square 1. Difficult to see how it could have been handled worse.

1 minute ago, Back to 2005 said:

Well 6 months down the line and we are back to square 1. Difficult to see how it could have been handled worse.

With all hopes pinned on a vaccine that may never come. What outstanding leadership from the UK and Scottish governments.

2 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Love the way you avoid answering questions on criticising Leitch and Sturgeon by quickly moving on to next topic. It really is lamentable behaviour.

You're not worth responding to after your slavering pish a couple of pages back. I'd be as well slamming my head against the wall. 

Malinga the Swinga
2 minutes ago, Gards said:

But take that to the next step.   So you want to meet that family member and completely understand why.  Can you guarantee that you are meeting them with zero chance of infecting them due to your previous actions or same for them?

So based on that, you're placing trust on each other to act responsibly.  Multiply that through to the population of Scotland - what results do we think we'll see, based on what's been happening recently?

At this time here has to be a line and we're not all experts or can guarantee we've not done something which couldn't put us in risk of being infected.

I don't have an issue with the alternate view - but it's not going to change government's actions - in fact it's only going to strenghen them.

Sadly, I do follow the rules, even though I have no faith in those implementing them, nor do I believe. they will make the difference to the spread of Covid. If I follow the rules, then surely I am allowed to question why I am having to do so, or should I just blindly do as the Great Leader says. That is Orwellian thinking.

Malinga the Swinga
1 minute ago, Ray Gin said:

You're not worth responding to after your slavering pish a couple of pages back. I'd be as well slamming my head against the wall. 

Or alternatively, you have no answer.

11 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

I can’t share my car from someone from another household.

This weekend I’m going on a helicopter flight with a few strangers.

Ffs.

Absolute joke.

The car share thing is advisory and not a regulation/law, as far as I am aware. 

1 minute ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Sadly, I do follow the rules, even though I have no faith in those implementing them, nor do I believe. they will make the difference to the spread of Covid. If I follow the rules, then surely I am allowed to question why I am having to do so, or should I just blindly do as the Great Leader says. That is Orwellian thinking.

I'm sorry, but i think comparing it to Orwellian thinking (which was fiction by the way) is an over dramatisation of what's happening.  Folk are looking for things that aren't there.

7 hours ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

She just can't keep that sleekit wee smile off her face. No doubt that Sturgeon has absolutely loved the last months and will be looking forward to the next 6 with increased arrogance. The chance to meddle into everyone's rights and liberties and the chance to have free political advertising each and every night is something that must make her go weak at the knees.

Hopefully the majority of Scots will see through the pathetic charade she portrays and give her and her party a real shock at next election. As with Trump, she has her hard core cult followers who cannot and will not condemn anything she does, some of who post on here, but it is noted they can only respond with comments on Boris.

To be clear, Boris is hopeless as well but at least he doesn't look like he is having the best time ever.

5 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Or alternatively, you have no answer.

See above. No point arguing with crazy. You are a lost cause. 

Malinga the Swinga
1 minute ago, Gards said:

I'm sorry, but i think comparing it to Orwellian thinking (which was fiction by the way) is an over dramatisation of what's happening.  Folk are looking for things that aren't there.

Nightly speeches by leader, constant repetition of message to obey rules, police given powers to check on civilians behaviours, nightly curfews and restrictions on who can and who can't enter your home. Also advised we must muzzle up when outside in shops, buses,  & places of work. Leaving old people alone in care homes, separated from their families and loved ones and left to die.  Sounds pretty Orwellian to me.

Seymour M Hersh
23 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

https://www.gov.scot/groups/scottish-government-covid-19-advisory-group/

Members are public health experts, clinicians and academics spanning the disciplines of epidemiology, virology, public health, behavioural sciences, global health, medicine and statistical modelling.

Membership will be kept under review.

Members

• Professor Andrew Morris (Chair)
  • Chief Scientist (Health), Scottish Government
  • Chief Scientific Adviser for Scotland, Scottish Government
  • Chief Medical Officer, Scottish Government
  • Deputy Chief Medical Officers, Scottish Government
  • Roger Halliday, Chief Statistician, Scottish Government
  • Professor Chris Robertson, University of Strathclyde
  • Professor Mark Woolhouse , University of Edinburgh
  • Professor Jill Pell, University of Glasgow
  • Angela Leitch, Public Health Scotland
  • Dr Jim McMenamin, Public Health Scotland
  • Professor Tom Evans, University of Glasgow
  • Professor Steven Reicher, University of St Andrews
  • Professor Aziz Sheikh, University of Edinburgh and Scottish Science Advisory Council
  • Professor Devi Sridhar, University of Edinburgh
  • Professor Jacqui Reilly, Glasgow Caledonian University and NHS National Services Scotland
  • Professor Carol Tannahill, Chief Social Policy Adviser, Scottish Government
  • Professor Sir Harry Burns, University of Strathclyde

Can't say they're that impressive a bunch. 

Malinga the Swinga
Just now, Ray Gin said:

See above. No point arguing with crazy. You are a lost cause. 

And adding a gif Hancock was intelligent. You must see crazy when looking in the mirror every day. Anyway, since you cannot or simply refuse to debate, then no point in continuing.  

2 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Nightly speeches by leader, constant repetition of message to obey rules, police given powers to check on civilians behaviours, nightly curfews and restrictions on who can and who can't enter your home. Also advised we must muzzle up when outside in shops, buses,  & places of work. Leaving old people alone in care homes, separated from their families and loved ones and left to die.  Sounds pretty Orwellian to me.

Ok - we'll agree to disagree then.

1 hour ago, GBJambo said:

So Leitch thinks that hospitality and house meetings are two main factors in cases rising. He was asked what percentage of overall figures these 2 made up, he didn’t know 

😂 

Making it up as they go along 

So not making it up then.

4 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Nightly curfews = pubs closing at 10?

That was de riguer for us early to mid 70s drinkers. I’m hoping they’ll be serving chicken in a basket as well. 

Ludicrous to say this has caused us to be part of an Orwellian nightmare. We were already well into one long before this kicked off. 

Malinga the Swinga
1 minute ago, Gards said:

Ok - we'll agree to disagree then.

No worries, always good to discuss different points of view. Also very partial to a bit of light reading of Orwell now and again.

The Real Maroonblood
5 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

The car share thing is advisory and not a regulation/law, as far as I am aware. 

Thanks Dave.

I’ve checked the SG website and it is advisory.

That is masks, ventilation etc.

Just now, The Real Maroonblood said:

Thanks Dave.

I’ve checked the SG website and it is advisory.

That is masks, ventilation etc.

I only found that out 10 minutes before i posted. Messaging needs improved. 

Malinga the Swinga
2 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Nightly curfews = pubs closing at 10?

That was de riguer for us early to mid 70s drinkers. I’m hopinh they’ll be serving chicken in a basket as well. 

If you are lucky, you might get a bit of Scampi and garlic bread. That's one for the future I believe. Remember having that at Sighthill Hotel. God, that seems like a lifetime ago.

Just now, jonesy said:

Ha! Good point. One of the reasons I ditched my 'telescreen' for a basic phone a few months back. It's made me a happier, more relaxed person.

You’ve got a bit to go yet. 😄

Just now, Malinga the Swinga said:

If you are lucky, you might get a bit of Scampi and garlic bread. That's one for the future I believe. Remember having that at Sighthill Hotel. God, that seems like a lifetime ago.

I agree. 

Malinga the Swinga

Just imagine how I was when I had an iPhone. 😛

Other than posting on here, don't do any social media, and not sure of this really counts as some people not very social. Got to agree, while internet good for some things, other times it can make a stressful time even worse.

1 hour ago, GBJambo said:

So Leitch thinks that hospitality and house meetings are two main factors in cases rising. He was asked what percentage of overall figures these 2 made up, he didn’t know 

😂 

Making it up as they go along 

Would probably involve him admitting that hospitality accounts for a small percentage of infections. It seems barely credible that he couldn't give an approximate percentage given he's been involved in advising the govt.  Good on Rebecca Curran for asking probing questions. Moreglum and Wise yesterday should have been accountable for the number plucking scaremongering stunt that they delivered.

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )
  • JKBMod 12 featured, locked, unlocked and unfeatured this topic