Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

58 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

How about a lockdown only for those at risk? Let the many many many millions not at risk in the UK go about their lives and keep the economy ticking?

As it stands, there are more people living on my street than entire UK hospital COVID related admissions in the month of August and September.

From all those that sadly died in the UK yesterday, 99 % of them were NOT related to COVID 19.

Do you not question why 'the NHS' is no longer cited as a reason for all these laws and restrictions? That myth was debunked some time ago. They have moved on now. 

The stats and figures simply do not justify any of this. Saying there were 2,000 'new' cases yesterday in the country is as relevant as saying 2,000 men sprung new moustaches yesterday.

For decades coroners put pneumonia on death certificates willy nilly now they are putting COVID.

I feel so ****ing sorry for those with terminal illness and are knowingly seeing out their final months in this society of shackles.

Terminal cancer is a 10/10 on the serious scale, COVID is a 1. For some ****ed up reason our governments (not just Scotland) are focusing more on this than the real issues, illness and struggles that we face in our shitey lives.

Pretty much where I at in all of this and I consider myself a fairly normal, law abiding citizen. I reckon there could be complete anarchy soon if this goes on much longer, way worse than the London and Birmingham looting riots a few years back. I've got a mate who is a big conspiracy theorist, he is adamant this is all a ploy by the 1% of the worlds richest population to cause mayhem then bring everyone back in to line with an almost communist state regime ruling the world. Ultimately seeing the 1% get richer and the rest of us live and do as we are told. Not sure i buy into that extreme view however more and more people seem to be believing stories like this. Whether its due to their frustrated mental state given the past 6 months or they just truly believe it I don't know but the view or similar views to my mates theory are growing.  I just want my auld life back and I can't believe I'm agreeing with a post by 18hibsh! Hes the piers Morgan of kickback...hes managing to get us agree with him!

All of this for a virus that doesn’t even lower the nations life expectancy.

(Scotland stats) 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8470843/The-average-Covid-19-victim-OLDER-age-people-usually-die-Scotland.html

I realise this is from a few months ago but the point still stands.  

We should only be doing ‘lockdowns’ if it looks like the NHS is going to collapse and that we can’t treat other illnesses.  It’s utterly ridiculous that we are having these kind of restrictions when we have seriously low levels of deaths in the country.  It’s awful for any family effected by the virus but there are a million other things that can kill and that lower life expectancy - covid does not. 

65466121-A89E-4970-A2E1-0FF4B18AD6FC.jpeg

Edited by Shanks

5 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Hey Boris and Nicola Nevermind the lockdown. Let it rip. 

Wonder if we asked the vulnerable and the elderly what their preferred option was what the outcome would be. Precious time with the grandkids or no visitors for months.

Shanks said no
9 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

People must take this seriously 

Can you just give it a break for a wee while?

Feelings are pretty strong amongst a lot of us with loved ones at the moment and your posting style / general lack of any form of empathy is doing nothing for the mood.

6 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

We’ re definitely not France or Spain that’s a fact 😝

No I just think we could control the virus through a variety of different measures that didn’t involve stoping people see their friends and family in a setting which is safer than public space. Though I accept we all see it differently. 

I think some people only support the measures, for no other reasons than they are SNP Uber fans.

Nobody has a clue how to handle it but at least Nicola Sturgeon doesn't hide! It's a pandemic which has affected all aspects of life. Some of the comments by the usual suspects on here defy belief. 

8 minutes ago, Back to 2005 said:

Follow this path and what will we lose? Deaths from untreated conditions, our mental health, our football club, our jobs.....

Don't follow it and we might save 95 year old Doris for a couple of months.

How brainwashed do you have to be to find this acceptable?

The usual rubbish.   

Francis Albert
4 minutes ago, Roxy Hearts said:

Can all the unionists on here please come up with a suitable answer for this pandemic. I would appreciate it, thanks. 

Where does  this utterly childish idea that people who disagree with or question or dispute the governments' (note the plural) approach are all unionists come from?

manaliveits105

Oh look Nicola is going to address the nation after Boris now

be Christmas speech too after Lizzie next

Edited by manaliveits105
Duplicate

Nucky Thompson
5 minutes ago, Roxy Hearts said:

Can all the unionists on here please come up with a suitable answer for this pandemic. I would appreciate it, thanks. 

Unionists :rofl: If you look closer then you'll see a lot of SNP supporters pissed off too

This is feck all to do with independence, The politicians on all sides are winging it

1 minute ago, Roxy Hearts said:

Nobody has a clue how to handle it but at least Nicola Sturgeon doesn't hide! It's a pandemic which has affected all aspects of life. Some of the comments by the usual suspects on here defy belief. 

Wish she would fecking hide. Preferably in a remote jungle miles from civilisation.

2 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

We’ re definitely not France or Spain that’s a fact 😝

No I just think we could control the virus through a variety of different measures that didn’t involve stoping people see their friends and family in a setting which is safer than public space. Though I accept we all see it differently. 

I think some people only support the measures, for no other reasons than they are SNP Uber fans.

I'm not sure there are that many SNP uber fans. We are all biased and i accept that as i'm getting on a bit i see things from a different perspective to a 25 year old. We do live in a society and we do have to strike a balance in how we deal with it but we also have to be informed by the knowledge we have and the level of infection. 

Ironically i think NS is most popular among older voters as they see that she is acting in their interests. Whether she has struck the right balance remains to be seen. The Tories i know and they are many did not like Boris' cavalier "take it on the chin" approach.

1 minute ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Unionists :rofl: If you look closer then you'll see a lot of SNP supporters pissed off too

This is feck all to do with independence, The politicians on all sides are winging it

Exactly. The SNP policy is just a more extreme version of the Tories.

14 minutes ago, Back to 2005 said:

Follow this path and what will we lose? Deaths from untreated conditions, our mental health, our football club, our jobs.....

More scaremongering doom and gloom. 

4 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Where does  this utterly childish idea that people who disagree with or question or dispute the governments' (note the plural) approach are all unionists come from?

It makes them feel better as their biggest concern is independence. So many people are saying they used to be a fan of Sturgeon but not any more.

11 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

But it's a different strain every year and therefore untested, technically. 

Not really , little hit and miss, but it’s safe. Happy to have a safe but pointless vaccine to protect others-

not happy to have an unsafe vaccine though or have it injected into my kids either

Governor Tarkin
5 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

From the tunnel-visioned minds of Nationalist zealots.

5 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Unionists are childish, absolutely! By all means disagree, but are you telling me that most of the posters who dislike the SNP are not unionists? It wouldn't matter what they do, they still whinge! 

8 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

I was an SNP supporter and would still vote Yes in another referendum but would think very carefully about voting for them in an election. 

20 minutes ago, Roxy Hearts said:

It’s not just unionists that are against these ridiculous rules 😂

Seymour M Hersh
2 minutes ago, doctor jambo said:

Not really , little hit and miss, but it’s safe. Happy to have a safe but pointless vaccine to protect others-

not happy to have an unsafe vaccine though or have it injected into my kids either

Well the Chinese are apparently injecting thousands (as a test) and as their Lab created it in the first place surely they'll get a vaccine first (obviously to sell at massive profit to the West who's economies they've decimated in the process). 

Samuel Camazzola
41 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Public Health is devolved. It would be incredible for four different sets of politicians to agree on policy. Otherwise there would be no point in devolution. 

It's clear to see that the SG awaits for the 'benchmark' to be set by others then adds an additional layer of 'protection'. It's no wonder a lot of her support have lost confidence in her. 

1 minute ago, Roxy Hearts said:

British ones are the worst, I know. Cheers. 

Odd how this thread has turned into an anti-snp thread.

humans deal with adversity through feasting, drinking and being together.

now we are supposed to deal with this adversity by isolating, dividing and separating?

that is why it doesn’t work.

it runs contrary to human behaviour.

something nasty happening ? 
party like there’s no tomorrow .

lockdown tomorrow ? Last blow out tonight!

5 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Well the Chinese are apparently injecting thousands (as a test) and as their Lab created it in the first place surely they'll get a vaccine first (obviously to sell at massive profit to the West who's economies they've decimated in the process). 

Yet they have no cases to prevent with a vaccine  so cannot test the thing ..... or they are lieing

Seymour M Hersh
1 minute ago, doctor jambo said:

Yet they have no cases to prevent with a vaccine  so cannot test the thing ..... or they are lieing

The CCP telling porkies?  Schurley not Moneypenny. :rofl:

Just now, Samuel Camazzola said:

It's clear to see that the SG awaits for the 'benchmark' to be set by others then adds an additional layer of 'protection'. It's no wonder a lot of her support have lost confidence in her. 

Our 'additional' layer is the same as already adopted by Northern Ireland.

46 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

In what way?

I asked a question of the mods earlier and he has come back to say not to encourage any behaviour against the rules and guidelines 

I asked if they could remind us about the rules on spamming and trolling the forum, I might have missed it, you certainly did so here it is.

15. No spamming. Spamming is multiple posts that say the same thing or starting multiple threads about the same thing.

16. No trolling. Trolling is the act of posting with the explicit and sole intent of annoying other members

Francis Albert
17 minutes ago, Roxy Hearts said:

Unionists are childish, absolutely! By all means disagree, but are you telling me that most of the posters who dislike the SNP are not unionists? It wouldn't matter what they do, they still whinge! 

No I am telling you most of the posters who disagree with  or question the Scottish and UK governments' 

almost identical approaches to the virus are doing so not because they are unionists but because they disagree with both governments' approaches. As I said clearly before. 

9 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

Our 'additional' layer is the same as already adopted by Northern Ireland.

A country who half would refuse the vaccine if it came in a green box should not be our benchmark

52 minutes ago, Fun Boaby said:

So far, during this crisis the finger of blame has been pointed in various directions. Latterly its been "young folk",  people who go to pubs and people visiting others at home.

If the latest measures don't work, who's next in the blame game?

People shopping in supermarkets, home deliveries or click and collect will be next on the agenda.

A track & trace and testing system which is failing, is it little wonder why we have restrictions again

Such incompetence. 

Edited by Heartsmad1874

11 minutes ago, graygo said:

I asked if they could remind us about the rules on spamming and trolling the forum, I might have missed it, you certainly did so here it is.

15. No spamming. Spamming is multiple posts that say the same thing or starting multiple threads about the same thing.

16. No trolling. Trolling is the act of posting with the explicit and sole intent of annoying other members

But I’m not doing that. I post in response to others 

59 minutes ago, doctor jambo said:

Yes , I do, had this year’s already .

no issues with tried, tested, safe and proven vaccines at all.

That is a risk with any vaccine. There is a lot of political and commercial pressure on these companies to produce something quick. 

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )
  • JKBMod 12 featured, locked, unlocked and unfeatured this topic