Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )

CJGJ

58 minutes ago, whodanny said:

It said absolutely nothing, just empty gripes. I meet so many folk with the same attitude, when I ask them what we should be doing, all I get is shrugs and words to the effect that it's "no up Tae me mate" they all just want to carry on as before. That is just not an option. I wish I had an answer, but I don't. But I know that living as normal just now won't solve the problem.

I don’t have the answers either but if you ask me I’d go along with letting it run and protect the most vulnerable by shielding them away.

• Replies 107.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

8 minutes ago, LMc said:

Great reply. Maybe next time, instead of just posting drivel you've lifted off Facebook, engage your brain a bit. Ta.

Except i got the 'drivel' i posted straight from the Goverments own website.

That website you posted...well...an independent group of 'fact checkers' out for the greater good of society who find, expose and counter the harm it does.

Sounds legit...wonder who funds that?

Engage your brain a bit, Ta

Dennis Reynolds
1 minute ago, Irufushi said:

We’ve had 500 odd cases in SIX months in the highlands and we’re back to this again? 😂

she’s a lunatic.

Localised lockdowns should have been the way forward. 

Seymour M Hersh
33 minutes ago, kila said:

Cases are rising at an alarming rate again given we've been testing at this kind of frequency for a while now. Of course there will be false positives, but if there's suddenly an increase then we must take notice. There is also the 2 week delay until all the deaths rise too. So trying to hit the brakes on all this while a vaccine and proven treatments are almost within reach makes sense to me.

Rising cases will be linked to the mass return of students to universities and the general public gradually taking the rules less seriously. However now we're in autumn getting less sun, it all suggests shit might hit the fan again. I don't want any vulnerable people I know to die, I like having them in my life. If the government extend furlough, then this is the way to do it. Anything else would be reckless by the government.

I'm an essential worker so will be still heading in most days... all this means more work for me too but I understand the need.

Every September when schools go back there is a  3 or 4 fold rise in respiratory illnesses in a bad year as much as 10 times. This is entirely normal. 

Samuel Camazzola
2 minutes ago, Irufushi said:

We’ve had 500 odd cases in SIX months in the highlands and we’re back to this again? 😂

she’s a lunatic.

True. She's struggling and has so from early days. 

She waits for Boris to say, 'Tenerife' so she can say 'Elevenerife'. 

Seymour M Hersh
31 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

How about a lockdown only for those at risk? Let the many many many millions not at risk in the UK go about their lives and keep the economy ticking?

As it stands, there are more people living on my street than entire UK hospital COVID related admissions in the month of August and September.

From all those that sadly died in the UK yesterday, 99 % of them were NOT related to COVID 19.

Do you not question why 'the NHS' is no longer cited as a reason for all these laws and restrictions? That myth was debunked some time ago. They have moved on now. 

The stats and figures simply do not justify any of this. Saying there were 2,000 'new' cases yesterday in the country is as relevant as saying 2,000 men sprung new moustaches yesterday.

For decades coroners put pneumonia on death certificates willy nilly now they are putting COVID.

I feel so ****ing sorry for those with terminal illness and are knowingly seeing out their final months in this society of shackles.

Terminal cancer is a 10/10 on the serious scale, COVID is a 1. For some ****ed up reason our governments (not just Scotland) are focusing more on this than the real issues, illness and struggles that we face in our shitey lives.

I disagree with an awful lot of what you come out with but on this matter I do agree. 

Dennis Reynolds
Just now, heartstastic said:

Except i got the 'drivel' i posted straight from the Goverments own website.

That website you posted...well...an independent group of 'fact checkers' out for the greater good of society who find, expose and counter the harm it does.

Sounds legit...wonder who funds that?

Engage your brain a bit, Ta

Taken from the government website with absolutely no regard for context and with the usual conspiracy fuelled conclusion that has no basis in fact.

Ah yes, anything that proves said ramblings as shite is just a government funded disinformation machine. Bore off and get back to Facebook.

Captain Canada

"So – as nights draw in, temperatures fall and this wonderful dry weather becomes a bit more soggy – a rise in respiratory deaths is unfortunately likely over the next few weeks and months. But it was ever thus, and we need to be honest with ourselves: we have never before done so much to destroy the life chances of the living by attempting to arrest this annual seasonality."

https://reaction.life/pms-covid-measures-are-based-on-fear-and-will-destroy-the-life-chances-of-the-living/

Edited by Captain Canada

Seymour M Hersh
1 hour ago, doctor jambo said:

And I’ll throw it out there - I will NOT be taking any vaccine that I do not believe to have been rigorously tested and safe.

Do you get a flu vaccine every year Doc? 

2 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Every September when schools go back there is a  3 or 4 fold rise in respiratory illnesses in a bad year as much as 10 times. This is entirely normal. 

That's irrelevant to positive CV19 cases... we're in a pandemic because of that not snotty colds.

At what point would you change your mind about a lockdown?

• Moderators

Can I remind members of rule 13. Clearly there are strong opinions on all sides and a strong discussion is valid given the extremely unusual circumstances we are in. However we will not allow explicit attempts to encourage criminal activity. 

Thanks

13. Do not encourage, condone, or attempt to justify criminal activity and do not encourage, condone, or attempt to justify violence.

Seymour M Hersh
Just now, kila said:

That's irrelevant to positive CV19 cases... we're in a pandemic because of that not snotty colds.

At what point would you change your mind about a lockdown?

Well it was information I read from a piece by a couple professors of evidence based medicine at Cambridge or Oxford. But maybe you know more than them. 

Weakened Offender
24 minutes ago, Fun Boaby said:

The dentist has just reluctantly admitted Boris has done the right thing for England.

Nicola will be putting him over her knee and spanking him with a big slipper

Dreary me. 

7 minutes ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

True. She's struggling and has so from early days. 

She waits for Boris to say, 'Tenerife' so she can say 'Elevenerife'. 

Public Health is devolved. It would be incredible for four different sets of politicians to agree on policy. Otherwise there would be no point in devolution. 

15 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Here's a novel idea... how about people following the national campaign for a relatively short period of time to see if results in a much better outcome than the bad sounding forecasts.   With the wee Brucie Bonus of hopefully a quicker return to normality than will no doubt be the case if everyone acts like 5 year olds and refuse to participate?

Idiotic posting yet again. " for a relatively short period of time "? Possibly 6 months. 

4 minutes ago, JKBMod 3 said:

Can I remind members of rule 13. Clearly there are strong opinions on all sides and a strong discussion is valid given the extremely unusual circumstances we are in. However we will not allow explicit attempts to encourage criminal activity. 

Thanks

13. Do not encourage, condone, or attempt to justify criminal activity and do not encourage, condone, or attempt to justify violence.

Thanks 

Just now, Lord BJ said:

Ive tried that for the last 6 months its not worked 😞 That said I have little option but to the follow them and since I canny see friends as recommended not to go out. I’ll have to moan on here about it as I follow a bunch of rules that make little sense to me. 

It feel like AB is telling me to keep faith in CL and he’ll turns us around, as he is doing as super duper job, despite all the evidence saying something else. I didn’t understand the logic of that either. (Its a shit analogy but strangely how I feel) 

If it's viewed from the perspective of comparative outcomes,   following the campaign is the only sane course of action.

What have we lost if we follow the campaign and then find out in 6 months time that it was hype and never needed?

What have we lost if we turn our backs on the campaign and then find out that the governments and their advisors were right,   as well as finding out we could have been in a better situation had we followed the campaign?

Compare those two outcomes and you can only see one possible,  logical,  sane way ahead.

2 minutes ago, Robbofan99 said:

Idiotic posting yet again. " for a relatively short period of time "? Possibly 6 months. 

Yes,  6 months.   This goes wrong = we'll be in the clarts for longer than 6 months.    For special cases I can draw pictures to help understanding.   You've been pre-approved as a special case.

2 minutes ago, Heartsmad1874 said:

:lol:. You really are somethin else

In what way?

I asked a question of the mods earlier and he has come back to say not to encourage any behaviour against the rules and guidelines 

1 minute ago, Victorian said:

Yes,  6 months.   This goes wrong = we'll be in the clarts for longer than 6 months.    For special cases I can draw pictures to help understanding.   You've been pre-approved as a special case.

Shucks im flattered im " special". You'll be happy as Larry today. 

6b818535f11d4fc6e34b1daebe851607.jpg

22 minutes ago, Costanza said:

Apparently we're in a worse position than Germany because we love freedom too much.

The layers in this bullsh1t are astonishing.

Or because as we know , our population is fatter and sicker than theirs generally , and was pre Covid 

Just now, Shanks said:

These restrictions aren’t going to do anything to the infection rate.  

Yep. Maybe they will decrease slightly but that's about it. Its the death rate and hospital admissions we need to keep and eye on. 

So far, during this crisis the finger of blame has been pointed in various directions. Latterly its been "young folk",  people who go to pubs and people visiting others at home.

If the latest measures don't work, who's next in the blame game?

Just now, Robbofan99 said:

Shucks im flattered im " special". You'll be happy as Larry today. 

6b818535f11d4fc6e34b1daebe851607.jpg

Nope.  Not happy we're back in this situation.   It's probably going to result in quite a bad change of circumstances for me.   Not happy with what we're faced with.

Just now, Fun Boaby said:

So far, during this crisis the finger of blame has been pointed in various directions. Latterly its been "young folk",  people who go to pubs and people visiting others at home.

Middle aged people in pubs probably 

1 minute ago, Fun Boaby said:

It'll be young people again. 

Francis Albert
51 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

How about a lockdown only for those at risk? Let the many many many millions not at risk in the UK go about their lives and keep the economy ticking?

As it stands, there are more people living on my street than entire UK hospital COVID related admissions in the month of August and September.

From all those that sadly died in the UK yesterday, 99 % of them were NOT related to COVID 19.

Do you not question why 'the NHS' is no longer cited as a reason for all these laws and restrictions? That myth was debunked some time ago. They have moved on now. 

The stats and figures simply do not justify any of this. Saying there were 2,000 'new' cases yesterday in the country is as relevant as saying 2,000 men sprung new moustaches yesterday.

For decades coroners put pneumonia on death certificates willy nilly now they are putting COVID.

I feel so ****ing sorry for those with terminal illness and are knowingly seeing out their final months in this society of shackles.

Terminal cancer is a 10/10 on the serious scale, COVID is a 1. For some ****ed up reason our governments (not just Scotland) are focusing more on this than the real issues, illness and struggles that we face in our shitey lives.

Good post.

Also feel sorry for the hundreds of thousands of people in this year of coronavirus obsession  who have died or will die of something else (mostly of what used to be called simply  old age) and have not been able to enjoy fully  the final months of their lives.

Edited by Francis Albert

28 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Maniac urges non-maniacs to join the mania.   Thankfully nobody will give a shiny shite what you're urging.

That is probably true but is how I feel at the moment. However. I suspect the tide is turning against this and today was a step too far for many.

1 hour ago, Lord BJ said:

We’re not France or Spain, we are starting

at much lower base. Therefore have time to find the balance. 

This move is OTT.

That at least is a matter of opinion but i think we should do it sooner rather than later, before it gets too bad and becomes too difficult to control. Some people in here i believe are happy for the virus to reach its max because they think they will not be affected and don't believe they have any responsibility to wider society i.e. they believe there is no such thing as society.

Just now, Victorian said:

Nope.  Not happy we're back in this situation.   It's probably going to result in quite a bad change of circumstances for me.   Not happy with what we're faced with.

You and million others who may be in even worse circumstances, loss of employment and the knock on effects of that in families, older adults wasting away their last remaining days frightened and lonely without seeing family , businesses such as small cafes, shops trying their best to stay afloat, independent bars  as well as bigger businesses etc. . 

18 minutes ago, LMc said:

Taken from the government website with absolutely no regard for context and with the usual conspiracy fuelled conclusion that has no basis in fact.

Ah yes, anything that proves said ramblings as shite is just a government funded disinformation machine. Bore off and get back to Facebook.

Don't have a facebook account.....continue to bury your head in the sand and enjoy your vaccine. x

2 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Good post.

Also feel sorry for the hundreds of thousands of people in this year of coronavirus obsession  who have died or will die of something else (mostly of what used to be called simply  old age) and have not been able to enjoy fully  the final months of their lives.

Me too. 

2 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

:rofl:

criminal behaviour visiting our loved ones. 

getting grassed by Jambo 4 ever 

:rofl:

People must take this seriously 

1 hour ago, skinnybob72 said:

Fairly sure Alexa does listen to you. I was discussing flooring the attic with my son recently and without ever having browsed anything of that nature online I was suddenly being recommended attic flooring companies on FB. We had been discussing it in the room where Alexa resides....

Mmmm the plot thickens!! Wouldnt surprise me if it does listen in. I've nowt to hide though and she will learn some colourful words listening in at my house...especially 1st thing in the morning trying to get the kids out the door or just before bedtime😂

2 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Good post.

And lest we forget my friend about those who have small businesses through no fault of their own are now economically ****ed. The list is endless.

19 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Do you get a flu vaccine every year Doc? 

Yes , I do, had this year’s already .

no issues with tried, tested, safe and proven vaccines at all.

11 minutes ago, Victorian said:

If it's viewed from the perspective of comparative outcomes,   following the campaign is the only sane course of action.

What have we lost if we follow the campaign and then find out in 6 months time that it was hype and never needed?

What have we lost if we turn our backs on the campaign and then find out that the governments and their advisors were right,   as well as finding out we could have been in a better situation had we followed the campaign?

Compare those two outcomes and you can only see one possible,  logical,  sane way ahead.

Follow this path and what will we lose? Deaths from untreated conditions, our mental health, our football club, our jobs.....

Don't follow it and we might save 95 year old Doris for a couple of months.

How brainwashed do you have to be to find this acceptable?

Seymour M Hersh
4 minutes ago, doctor jambo said:

Yes , I do, had this year’s already .

no issues with tried, tested, safe and proven vaccines at all.

But it's a different strain every year and therefore untested, technically. 

Seymour M Hersh
45 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

He’s not a politician to be fair. Not sure why he fronts as much as he does. 

He's not a scientist either. 

Just now, Roxy Hearts said:

Can all the unionists on here please come up with a suitable answer for this pandemic. I would appreciate it, thanks. 

I think you'll find it will be an overwhelming "closet away the elderly and those with underlying conditions and then let the virus rip until we achieve herd immunity". A sort of massive measles party.

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )
  • JKBMod 12 featured, locked, unlocked and unfeatured this topic