Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )

CJGJ

12 minutes ago, Costanza said:

Is this factoring in the numbers impacted by Long Covid, of which tens of thousands of people (healthy and in their 30s and 40s) have prolonged health conditions after having covid?

The main issue though, is that this inept and corrupt UK Government, bungled the original lockdown and wasted the time during lockdown to leave lockdown with adequate mass testing and track and trace in place.

Easy as an armchair epidemiologist but unfortunately during a pandemic,  we have had about the worst people possible running the show.

Tens of thousands?? Really??? 

• Replies 107.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The Real Maroonblood
10 minutes ago, Jambo no 1 said:

Shutting pubs at 10pm is nothing new for those of a certain vintage. 
Last orders!!!! 3 pints and 3 nips please barman. 

10 minutes to to drink up.

That’s probably the last time I’ve been told to drink up.

Edited by The Real Maroonblood

The Real Maroonblood
26 minutes ago, doctor jambo said:

indeed, and the government are completely screwing millions of people to whom the virus is no risk, by shutting down their businesses and removing their ability to earn.

Airline industry- Sturgeon doesnt care because she never goes on holiday

Pubs- doesnt care as she never goes

Cinema/theatres/concerts/ clubs- same- never seen a picture of her doing anything remotely fun or interesting- bit weird no?

Students? she doesnt care as never had fun in her puff

Soft plays? no need, she doesnt care

Probably has the common sense not to smoke.

23 minutes ago, Victorian said:

People without the means,  opportunity and financial security to do so.    Hundreds of thousands of people with debts,  mortgages,  rent to pay,  bills to pay,  families to support,  no opportunity to work from home,  reliant on public transport.

Maybe we should let them eat cake,  etc.

Cake or death? 

I'll take the cake, please.

8 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

A bit of coordination with UK

With Boris on at 8pm.

Same time as bake-off. Only one winner there I'm afraid. 

5 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

5 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

I've stopped, so there.

However, anyone know anything about what NS actually likes?

any hobbies, or anything at all?

WE know Boris likes sex, camping, beer, cocaine, affairs, has a dog, played rugby and so on.

Sturgeon?

Anyone?

Anything vaguely human about her?

Weakened Offender
35 minutes ago, doctor jambo said:

Airline industry- Sturgeon doesnt care because she never goes on holiday

Imaging being this guy. 

Frightening. 

1 hour ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

The figures from Witty and Less Wittier were certainly pish but the publican was adamant. 43% from care homes and 4.6% from hospitality.  Don't have any further breakdown than that. There is certainly a govt led campaign to misrepresent the threat of Covid.

Amazing 

1 minute ago, Weakened Offender said:

Imaging being this guy. 

Frightening. 

Sturgeon's Government bailed out Prestwick airport and wanted to reduce Airport Duty Tax.

Not saying these are good decisions but a stretch to claim she hates the Airline industry!

Probably looking a bit too close into it but a 5 minute allocated TV slot for Boris suggests that new measure might not be too drastic, requiring lengthy justification?

The Real Maroonblood
13 minutes ago, doctor jambo said:

I've stopped, so there.

However, anyone know anything about what NS actually likes?

any hobbies, or anything at all?

WE know Boris likes sex, camping, beer, cocaine, affairs, has a dog, played rugby and so on.

Sturgeon?

Anyone?

Anything vaguely human about her?

Good for you.

So that's why Johnson is a slavering erse.

14 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

That would suggest that measure and message are very similar.

Could be that they are different so she doesn't want folk listening to Boris, I doubt it right enough.

8 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

Probably looking a bit too close into it but a 5 minute allocated TV slot for Boris suggests that new measure might not be too drastic, requiring lengthy justification?

Not sure if serious.

NS will be on BBC1 Scotland.

12 minutes ago, Weakened Offender said:

Imaging being this guy. 

Frightening. 

Its quite apparent that she has little/no understanding of life, as she has not really had one.

Its all very well expressing sympathy for something you know little or care little about, but it is entirely another fighting for something you care about or need.

On a personal level I am struggling to think of anything she actually needs or would miss- foreign travel? Curry? cinemas? Soft play?

She could pass this entire pandemic and it would not have affected her life one iota, because she does not appear to have ever had one

Just now, doctor jambo said:

Its quite apparent that she has little/no understanding of life, as she has not really had one.

Its all very well expressing sympathy for something you know little or care little about, but it is entirely another fighting for something you care about or need.

On a personal level I am struggling to think of anything she actually needs or would miss- foreign travel? Curry? cinemas? Soft play?

She could pass this entire pandemic and it would not have affected her life one iota, because she does not appear to have ever had one

:cornette:

1 minute ago, Ray Gin said:

I am benig serious though.

Does she "do" anything outside politics.

Has she ever?

What difference has the entire pandemic made to her on a  personal level?

Its different when its personal

3 minutes ago, doctor jambo said:

I am benig serious though.

That makes it even worse. 

You genuinely think her life has been unaffected? Incredible. 

10 minutes ago, doctor jambo said:

:muggy:

Imagine being under the care of such a doctor.    

Doctor Demented will see you now.   

6 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

That makes it even worse. 

You genuinely think her life has been unaffected? Incredible. 

How has her life been affected?

compared to everyone else?

It hasnt.

4 minutes ago, Victorian said:

:muggy:

Imagine being under the care of such a doctor.    

Doctor Demented will see you now.   

I know, imagine caring about peoples jobs/mental health/ childrens futures/ businesses/ cancer treatments.

shocking

1 hour ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

By enlarge, the public were behind lockdown. Then both Scottish and UK governments allowed their own officials to break lockdown, albeit Scottish one eventually forced woman to resign, and people just saw it as rules for them while elite didn't have to bother. Since then, public support for lockdown faded. Governments only have themselves to blame.

Be fair; they pulled the trigger on her virtually straight away. 

The tories' blind eye towards Cummings taking the piss, on the other hand, has (in my view) made locking down or complying with rules and guidance pretty much impossible. I also think we're being let down on this by the press who should be asking, with every new bit of guidance, whether Cummings will be making up his own rules again. 

Another factor which I feel is undermining their guidance is the lack of explanation. They say (more or less) what they want us to do but they fail to accept that most of us have enquiring minds. 

"Rule of six"? Sure - I get what you want me to do but why? Why six? Is it only so that Hibs' supporters can count the number on one hand? The shite that Pritti (vacant) Patel came out with about two families of four meeting by chance on the way to and from the park? How can that be a thing? Has somebody come up with the number of six based upon the R-rate or something?

Likewise for a 10pm closing time for pubs. What logic has been used for that? It's very rare that I go to the pub these days (or those days) but my typical visit would be after having dinner; after sorting out the kids for their homework and a general family catch up. So I'd have gone to the pub at 10pm and squeezed in a couple of drinks with two or a maximum of three people. I know that's unusual but midweek, the pub is less than half full and, in my judgement, a minimal risk. Explain to us why you're saying 10pm; explain what other options you've considered and rejected. 

I'm starting to believe that Johnson, Gove, Cockinhishand, Rees-Mogg and the rest of those Fokkers think that we actually respect them and will do what they say with blind acceptance. 

3 minutes ago, doctor jambo said:

I know, imagine caring about peoples jobs/mental health/ childrens futures/ businesses/ cancer treatments.

shocking

What's this got to do with your meltdown about Nicola Sturgeon's life?

7 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

They will have to extend Furlough or introduce something else to enable people to get through this. Added restrictions are will endanger more jobs. 

If they don't, we would probably need to sell the house. 

1 hour ago, Brian Dundas said:

I was at Troon beach and although no masks, to was an outdoor beach, I only saw one large group who were trying to socially distance and it was for a girls 8th birthday. Looked like they were all family members but definitely more than two houses and about 12 rather than 6 of them, hard to criticise too much. Everyone else was distanced and in small groups, even when queueing for ice creams and stuff.

I was actually quite impressed, even though it was busy people were trying to stay safe.

How observant of you ? Maybe get a job as a “ covid Marshall “ when they are advertised ? 

1 minute ago, Victorian said:

What's this got to do with your meltdown about Nicola Sturgeon's life?

Meltdown? Calm down dear!

Just making the point that at the end of the day she is passing laws that wont affect her, and destroying lives in a way that wont affect her.

Changing the lives of ordinary people when she does not understand the impacts in anything other than a superficial way.

Dissociated from reality.

Just now, doctor jambo said:

Just making the point that at the end of the day she is passing laws that wont affect her, and destroying lives in a way that wont affect her.

Changing the lives of ordinary people when she does not understand the impacts in anything other than a superficial way.

Boris is doing the same despite his pure rock and roll lifestyle you described earlier. How does that fit in with your views about sturgeon? Is he only doing it because she's been nipping his heid? 

1 minute ago, doctor jambo said:

Yep.  Meltdown.   A skip full of wild,  ignorant assumptions.   Deek the nick of yourself.

1 hour ago, doctor jambo said:

Think this has been my argument all along, TBH.

People are quite happy for the self employed, airline industry etc to sink without a trace- and I include you in this, always after stricted measures and flapping about small numbers whilst large sectors of the economy are reduced to rubble.

Open the whole thing up, look after those who need to be looked after.

There endeth the lesson

Well said 

53 minutes ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

Same time as bake-off. Only one winner there I'm afraid. 

lol oh thanks for reminding me about that . Much preferable to those two half bakes 

Governor Tarkin
12 minutes ago, Normthebarman said:

If they don't, we would probably need to sell the house. 

Ffs, Norm'.

Hope it works out for you buddy. 👍

18 minutes ago, doctor jambo said:

How has her life been affected?

compared to everyone else?

It hasnt.

She has a family. She has mentioned a couple of times in her daily briefing about being unable to visit her mum.

She'll no doubt have a circle of friends and will have faced the same limitations as the rest of us.

Her stress levels must be through the roof.

Why would she be immune? Such a bizarre claim.

5 hours ago, Lord BJ said:

Really good. Motivation and diet is tip top and just loving in it. Almost back to where I was before lockdown and have began setting some personal bests again next week. 

Just getting ready to head out and get the shoulders done today. Overhead presses here o come. 😀

You back yet? 

Not yet. Monday hopefully, but too busy working 7 days atm. Just in case the shit hits the fan again. 

Edited by ri Alban

17 minutes ago, I P Knightley said:

Be fair; they pulled the trigger on her virtually straight away. 

The tories' blind eye towards Cummings taking the piss, on the other hand, has (in my view) made locking down or complying with rules and guidance pretty much impossible. I also think we're being let down on this by the press who should be asking, with every new bit of guidance, whether Cummings will be making up his own rules again. 

Another factor which I feel is undermining their guidance is the lack of explanation. They say (more or less) what they want us to do but they fail to accept that most of us have enquiring minds. 

"Rule of six"? Sure - I get what you want me to do but why? Why six? Is it only so that Hibs' supporters can count the number on one hand? The shite that Pritti (vacant) Patel came out with about two families of four meeting by chance on the way to and from the park? How can that be a thing? Has somebody come up with the number of six based upon the R-rate or something?

Likewise for a 10pm closing time for pubs. What logic has been used for that? It's very rare that I go to the pub these days (or those days) but my typical visit would be after having dinner; after sorting out the kids for their homework and a general family catch up. So I'd have gone to the pub at 10pm and squeezed in a couple of drinks with two or a maximum of three people. I know that's unusual but midweek, the pub is less than half full and, in my judgement, a minimal risk. Explain to us why you're saying 10pm; explain what other options you've considered and rejected. 

I'm starting to believe that Johnson, Gove, Cockinhishand, Rees-Mogg and the rest of those Fokkers think that we actually respect them and will do what they say with blind acceptance. 

They also need to say more about how the virus is spreading and then how it spreads to the most vulnerable. 

The growing concern has been its indoors in confined spaces. Making washing our hands less important. Do we need goggles as well as masks given droplets can enter through the eyes?  

We've known all this but it's all too general and needs focused to what people can understand and relate to what they do and can avoid.  

7 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

Hopefully something gets sorted. Can’t seem anyway forward unless there is something put in place.

Boris said there will be more financial measures.  They really need to support the worst affected quickly. 

17 minutes ago, doctor jambo said:

She lives in Glasgow and is unable to visit her elderly parents due to the laws.

Edit: already mentioned.

Edited by graygo

2 hours ago, doctor jambo said:

Its quite obvious that the "experts" are now just floating balloons.

Their charts are hysterical over statements.

Sky news have started disputing them and putting out their own projections.

Judging by they public reaction- Ayr beach front was utterly mobbed at the weekend- no masks, no distancing, huge groups and so on- no matter what the govt say its going ot be ignored now.

The public are not going back into their little boxes.

Just on BBC Chris Mason said the doubling of numbers every 7 days was based on Dublin estimates of between 7 and 20 days but Imperial College said 7 or 8 days. 

1 hour ago, Jambo no 1 said:

Shutting pubs at 10pm is nothing new for those of a certain vintage. 
Last orders!!!! 3 pints and 3 nips please barman. 

I remember those days. That 3 pints in the last 15 minutes was a laugh. 🥴

10 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

Bojo on just now. Nothing too major or that hasn’t been muted.

Only Go to work if not practicable to work from home.

Curfew for pubs etc, table service only

some reductions to numbers at weddings and indoor sports. 
Govt proposal and scientists to be debated/discussed in the house. This is a good thing imo

It doesn’t work more severe restrictions will come in. The devolved govts are all aligned and will make similar announcements today.

Almost literally no change then. 10pm curfew is going to achieve nothing. 

2 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Just on BBC Chris Mason said the doubling of numbers every 7 days was based on Dublin estimates of between 7 and 20 days but Imperial College said 7 or 8 days. 

The 7-20 days just confirmed by bawjaws in parliament.

41 minutes ago, doctor jambo said:

I know very little about Sturgeon, other than the rumours which have been alluded to elsewhere but doesn't this put her in a similar field to most current 'senior' politicians?

With the exceptions of Bozo (shagging & making cardboard box buses), Trump (golf & groping) and Putin (bareback horse riding, bear wrestling and other manly pursuits that only real, heterosexual men indulge in), I couldn't describe the personal lives of any of those fokkers.

Just now, SE16 3LN said:

What a sycophant. Get your nose out her farter for once. 

Stress, **** off. She should try a minimum wage, gig economy job for a while. How would she cope with the stress of final demand and eviction notices daily. You live in LA LA land mate.

Aye running the country during a pandemic wouldn't be at all stressful right enough.:rofl:

14 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

Great speech by the Prime Minister there he has grown into the job 

bravo sir 

It was better than his normal efforts but...🤣

1 minute ago, davemclaren said:

I remember those days. That 3 pints in the last 15 minutes was a laugh. 🥴

He made the point that the premises must be shut at 10pm so no "last drinks".

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )
  • JKBMod 12 featured, locked, unlocked and unfeatured this topic