Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )

CJGJ

jack D and coke
1 hour ago, frankblack said:

No - just want strict enforcement with the likes of the Meadows examples.

Slippery slope wanting the police to start that carry on. 
It’s irresponsible behaviour but they’re young man weren’t you young once? I’d be every bit as bad. Im about as bad now ffs. 

• Replies 107.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, 1874robbo said:

Whining???? Are mental health and cancelled surgeries and cancelled cancer appointments not important now???

Yeah I  noted his use of “ whining “ too displaying complete contempt and empathy for the those who have had cancelled surgeries or treatments , yet ironically more concerned for older people at the end of their natural lives 

42 minutes ago, Back to 2005 said:

If only there had been a coronavirus before we would know how best to get through one...

If only they were all the same, maybe we would. 

26 minutes ago, 1874robbo said:

What about all the people who will take their own lives due to losing their jobs and livelihoods or the people who without their proper mental health support will also possibly commit suicide!! Do we just class them as collateral damage?

Many questions to ask and answer. No one has all the answers but moving back to the dark days of 800 deaths a day in the UK is surely not the answer. 

Just now, Robbofan99 said:

Yeah I  noted his use of “ whining “ too displaying complete contempt and empathy for the those who have had cancelled surgeries or treatments , yet ironically more concerned for older people at the end of their natural lives 

Contempt and empathy appear to be words you don't know the meaning of. 

1 minute ago, 1874robbo said:

Whining???? Are mental health and cancelled surgeries and cancelled cancer appointments not important now???

What the hell are you talking about? You like this putting words into other peoples mouth's thing? I can do that too.

The current and future health of the entire population is not important to you.

The most important factor here is the mental health and non essential surgeries of a minority.

28 minutes ago, frankblack said:

Other people have the right to remain healthy.

Anarchists and political agitators don't have the right to ride all over social distancing regulations.

Have you anything to suggest that the anti lockdown protest was remotely anarchist or political? 

Politically the SNP and Tories are on the same page with this.

37 minutes ago, Back to 2005 said:

The politicians would have to admit they got it completely wrong or the people will have to rise against what is going on. Unfortunately a lot of people just get taken in  by what they hear in the MSM and dont even think to question it.

Well Sky News were just crunching the numbers on Grim and Grimmers "scientific" modelling of this morning. On Friday past, their own estimates would have seen 10k new cases a day by mid - October, not the outlandish claim of 49k. Following the same trajectory as France & Spain,  who we keep being compared to , would also see new daily cases of 10k a day. So who signed off on this pair appearing on live TV with ridiculous graphs that were simply designed to scaremonger?

1 minute ago, spirt of 98 said:

Many questions to ask and answer. No one has all the answers but moving back to the dark days of 800 deaths a day in the UK is surely not the answer. 

No it’s definitely not the answer but lockdown hasn’t worked before so where do we go now? 
maybe we just need to let this thing run? I honestly don’t know.

Just now, Back to 2005 said:

Only difference is the politicians have lost the plot.

Covid 19 is not the same as all other coronaviruses. Please stop making stuff up. 

2 minutes ago, jonesy said:

Sorry to be pedantic, but this is not a war. A war involves two or more opposing factions. This is a virus, proven to be very occasionally deadly, and should be accepted as part of the wider landscape of viruses, from which we have to take sensible precautions against some. I do feel that the terminology used to talk about these things does nothing to dampen the widespread hysteria that appears to have taken hold.

I see. Okay I suggest you get in touch with those stupid scientists and government think tanks. Tell them you're smarter than they are and will handle this situation. Go for it.

1 minute ago, 1874robbo said:

No it’s definitely not the answer but lockdown hasn’t worked before so where do we go now? 

Indeed who knows what the answer is however I don’t think the answer is to choose pubs, cinemas and restaurants over lives. Keep folk working who can with social distance and close places where people gather. 

3 minutes ago, JFK-1 said:

What the hell are you talking about? You like this putting words into other peoples mouth's thing? I can do that too.

The current and future health of the entire population is not important to you.

The most important factor here is the mental health and non essential surgeries of a minority.

Or the most important factor to you is protecting less than 2% of the whole population and to hang with all you whining folk complaining about mental health and surgeries.

see I can do it too 

Italy rolling along quite well now. Even with 2k cases a day, cruise ships are again leaving ports,  1k fans will be allowed into Serie A games this month, they are utilising 90 min tests at schools and airports and lockdown is over. Compulsory mask wearing after 6pm outdoors is generally observed and, more importantly,  enforced.

25 minutes ago, Weakened Offender said:

The PMs handling of the Cummings scandal was the turning point. 

There is a very strong case for that.

Just now, 1874robbo said:

Or the most important factor to you is protecting less than 2% of the whole population and to hang with all you whining folk complaining about mental health and surgeries.

see I can do it too 

And again, you're another who thinks you're smarter than all those stupid scientists and government think tanks. Me, I'm not as smart as you are. I believe they do what they do because they're smarter than I am when it comes to this. So get out there, offer your genius.

Governor Tarkin
1 minute ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Italy rolling along quite well now. Even with 2k cases a day, cruise ships are again leaving ports,  1k fans will be allowed into Serie A games this month, they are utilising 90 min tests at schools and airports and lockdown is over. Compulsory mask wearing after 6pm outdoors is generally observed and, more importantly,  enforced.

I'm surprised there's any Italians left tbh. Thought they'd all be gonners by now.

2 minutes ago, Brian Dundas said:

50E6B16E-0161-4827-B903-596A12E34E5C.png

Nice one thanks 👍 just had a search and found that on the nhs site, it's from July but gives some idea at least. 

2 minutes ago, JFK-1 said:

I see. Okay I suggest you get in touch with those stupid scientists and government think tanks. Tell them you're smarter than they are and will handle this situation. Go for it.

Yeh because the scientists have really covered themselves in glory so far 😲🤔

like you can shop in Tesco beside Tom, dick and Harry but can’t sit in a relatives garden whilst maintaining social distance!!

what genius scientist thought up that one???

Nucky Thompson
13 minutes ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

There's been so little of this type of data available, perhaps for understandable reasons, but it would be good to know more details of the where when and how people have picked this up along with as you say the type of 'underlying health conditions' that are most at risk. There must be a decent sample size now for things like diabetes and asthma. 

Type 2 diabetes is usually in older people and comes hand in hand with obesity. 

1 minute ago, JFK-1 said:

And again, you're another who thinks you're smarter than all those stupid scientists and government think tanks. Me, I'm not as smart as you are. I believe they do what they do because they're smarter than I am when it comes to this. So get out there, offer your genius.

Yeh they’ve been fantastic so far 😂😂😂😂😂😂

5 minutes ago, 1874robbo said:

I think the worst that happen will be that pubs have to close at 10pm. Closing restaurants and pubs that are, in the main, perfectly safe, disciplined and well policed, having spent a lot of time, money and effort making themselves so.....would be an act of lunacy and economic destruction. 

Yeh because the scientists have really covered themselves in glory so far 😲🤔

like you can shop in Tesco beside Tom, dick and Harry but can’t sit in a relatives garden whilst maintaining social distance!!

what genius scientist thought up that one???

Okay again. get out there. Offer your genius ahead of the advice of all these PHD's. Remember to mention your qualifications. Football forum poster. That will impress. 

Okay again. get out there. Offer your genius ahead of the advice of all these PHD's. Remember to mention your qualifications. Football forum poster. That will impress. 

Okay tell me the logic behind that decision then, come on I’m waiting.

1 minute ago, Governor Tarkin said:

I'm surprised there's any Italians left tbh. Thought they'd all be gonners by now.

Yes, well me too Guv. Maybe that's why they can only attract 1k to Serie A games. Just in the inhabitable parts of the country of course👍

Weakened Offender
2 minutes ago, redjambo said:

There is a very strong case for that.

Johnson's statement was so appalling it was almost numbing. A terrible moment for the country. 

Weakened Offender
3 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

I think the worst that happen will be that pubs have to close at 10pm. Closing restaurants and pubs that are, in the main, perfectly safe, disciplined and well policed, having spent a lot of time, money and effort making themselves so.....would be an act of lunacy and economic destruction. 

I agree with this. 

Okay tell me the logic behind that decision then, come on I’m waiting.

The logic of thinking these scientists are far more competent than you are when it comes to this virus? Let me think about that. In the meantime give me the logic of listening to non entity on football forum ahead of experts. Come on, I'm waiting.

3 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Agreed mate, these places are following the government advice however flawed some of it may be so shouldn’t be penalised.

The logic of thinking these scientists are far more competent than you are when it comes to this virus? Let me think about that. In the meantime give me the logic of listening to non entity on football forum ahead of experts. Come on, I'm waiting.

So what was their logic behind it?

come on I’m waiting 

13 minutes ago, Back to 2005 said:

Have you anything to suggest that the anti lockdown protest was remotely anarchist or political? 

Politically the SNP and Tories are on the same page with this.

Which ones?  Bristol, London certainly were.  Those types will go where there is opportunities to riot. 

Scientists aren’t all in universal agreement about how to deal with this virus though are they? The governments projection figures in wave one were something ridiculous like 500k dead based on what exactly? The figures projected always seem to be exponentially larger than reality.

Weakened Offender
1 minute ago, weehammy said:

Well of course it was.

Cummings was also mates with one of the cops that killed George Floyd.

Cummings has been travelling around organising illegal raves and house parties.

Cummings invited those Aberdeen players for a post-match swally.

Cummings Is probably to blame for the rise in infections across Europe.

Cummings the bogey man - wooooohooooo!!!!!!

1aj4b6.jpg

There's no such thing as a right to remain healthy.   No such thing as a right to avoid an illness,  no matter how deadly.    But to arbitrarily impose a diktat that everyone should just accept a heightened liability of risk or choose to shield instead,   on the premise that others have the right to exempt themselves from being part of epidemiological science is a wholly morally bankrupt construct.

There is no legitimacy in dictating to people that they should shield,  if they can,   or else lump it.    

So what was their logic behind it?

come on I’m waiting 

Are you for real? How the hell would I know how their decisions are formed? I'm not an expert in this field. It's the same reason I can't commentate on their pronouncements when it comes to string theory.

But you think you are an expert right? So, give me the logic of listening to you, non scientifically educated non entity on football forum, instead of listening to highly scientifically educated experts in this field.

Come on, I'm waiting. And I would be interested if you would throw in some wisdom on string theory too.

Just now, jonesy said:

Sorry Frank, I don't believe you read it carefully. He mentioned the undiagnosed cancers, the mental health problems and the job losses that will accompany further restrictions on normal life.

Ok - fair enough.  Trying to handle too many replies every time I refresh.

Are you for real? How the hell would I know how their decisions are formed? I'm not an expert in this field. It's the same reason I can't commentate on their pronouncements when it comes to string theory.

But you think you are an expert right? So, give me the logic of listening to you, non scientifically educated non entity on football forum, instead of listening to highly scientifically educated experts in this field.

Come on, I'm waiting. And I would be interested if you would throw in some wisdom on string theory too.

You certainly ain’t an expert in any field going by your little outbursts.

obviously don’t like people disagreeing with a football forum non entity like yourself.

what a knob you are 

as for your string theory I’ll bow to any superior knowledge you may have 

Edited by 1874robbo

2 minutes ago, SteauaNeedarest said:

Scientists aren’t all in universal agreement about how to deal with this virus though are they? The governments projection figures in wave one were something ridiculous like 500k dead based on what exactly? The figures projected always seem to be exponentially larger than reality.

The scientists are never in universal agreement about anything. You could find some who would say that the Earth and all life on it are only around 10,000 years old. Are you going to listen to them or are you going to listen to the acknowledged leaders in the field and the over all consensus.

Or do you think there are any leaders in the field right here on this forum?

4 minutes ago, SteauaNeedarest said:

That's because they have to come up with a worst case scenario and that's the one the media picks up on. 

You certainly ain’t an expert in any field going by your little outbursts.

obviously don’t like people disagreeing with a football forum non entity like yourself.

what a knob you are 

You're not disagreeing with me. You're disagreeing with expert scientists and expecting to be taken seriously. Then while failing to provide the logic requested given your claimed expertise  fall back on a little outburst about knobs which addresses nothing.

20 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

I may be completely wrong here so happy to be corrected but I think Italy were slower to leave the lockdown, compared to Spain anyways. I wonder if their cases will start going up as well as more things start opening up. 

You're not disagreeing with me. You're disagreeing with expert scientists and expecting to be taken seriously. Then while failing to provide the logic requested given your claimed expertise  fall back on a little outburst about knobs which addresses nothing.

I’m disagreeing with so called experts but only 1 person started having a hissy fit that I shouldn’t have an opinion because I’m a non entity on a football forum.

sorry I didn’t realise this was the know it all geniuses thread.

its a forum we all have opinions if you can’t grasp that concept without having a wee tantrum then I suggest this ain’t the place for you.

goodnight 

1 minute ago, jonesy said:

The media have a huge responsibility in all this, and are not coming out of it looking very good. Their headlines help shape the narrative and public discourse.

I'm all for a free press, but not when they're running into every cinema shouting 'fire'.

I agree with this. Even The Times have come out with some headlines recently that I'd expect from the Daily Mail in terms of being "OTT" compared to the message being given in the actual article. 

1 minute ago, BarneyBattles said:

I do understand where you are coming from but those NHS claps were for me, the biggest national cringe since the birdie song. 

Folk out banging pots and pans and the thank you NHS nonsense to make themselves feel better. 

I know, me too. :) But they did serve a useful function.

10 minutes ago, JFK-1 said:

The scientists are never in universal agreement about anything. You could find some who would say that the Earth and all life on it are only around 10,000 years old. Are you going to listen to them or are you going to listen to the acknowledged leaders in the field and the over all consensus.

Or do you think there are any leaders in the field right here on this forum?

Where did I say there were leaders in the field on this forum?

I’d say Prof Sikora and Prof Heneghan infinitely more knowledgeable than you and they disagree with the Gov strategy...

https://www.spectator.co.uk/article/boris-needs-to-rethink-his-covid-strategy

I’m disagreeing with so called experts but only 1 person started having a hissy fit that I shouldn’t have an opinion because I’m a non entity on a football forum.

sorry I didn’t realise this was the know it all geniuses thread.

its a forum we all have opinions if you can’t grasp that concept without having a wee tantrum then I suggest this ain’t the place for you.

goodnight 

Okay so there you have it, exactly what I said all along, you're a noin trained non entity on a football forum disputing the advice of highly trained experience experts in a complex scientific field then throwing a hissy fit because I say your 'opinion' is as worthless as the taxi driver pontificating on string theory.

That's my opinion and if you can't grasp that concept without having a wee tantrum in which anybody who expresses their opinion is a knob then I suggest this ain't the place for you.

4 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

My favourite scientific expert is Anders Tegnell. Not one person is more qualified than him on this board so his judgement cannot be questioned. 

He says lockdown and heavy restrictions are stupid ideas and will do more harm than good. 

Am I doing this right 🧐

:lol: 

Regardless of whether I agree or disagree... :pleasing:

Okay so there you have it, exactly what I said all along, you're a noin trained non entity on a football forum disputing the advice of highly trained experience experts in a complex scientific field then throwing a hissy fit because I say your 'opinion' is as worthless as the taxi driver pontificating on string theory.

That's my opinion and if you can't grasp that concept without having a wee tantrum in which anybody who expresses their opinion is a knob then I suggest this ain't the place for you.

I will happily dispute these scientists when I consider they don’t know if they’re going for a shite or a haircut.

my opinion stands on you though 👍🏻

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )
  • JKBMod 12 featured, locked, unlocked and unfeatured this topic