Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Sturgeon just reminding us of the FACTs.

That's proper leadership right there. 

Don't suppose she said it's all been one big joke and Jambo 4 Eva is all part of the gag and we can all go back to normal getting pissed and fighting on the streets again did she ?

Shanks said no
9 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

Not very good then is it 

If you don’t like it then you know where the door is.

I’ve bitten 

7 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

have JiH and Sturgeon ever been seen in the same room together?

1 hour ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

You increase your risk, you also increase other people’s risk too

so from now on it is important EVERYONE sticks to the rules and guidelines. I don’t care what your opinion is - the virus doesn’t either. Everyone MUST stick the rules from now on

Does that include Dominic Cummings or is he OK to have all his family from different households round as long as its just to 'test their eyesight?

Malinga the Swinga
12 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Proper leadership! She offers nothing new, no insights, no way to escape the nightmare we are living in, and yet still, the cult believers fall at her feet.

Malinga the Swinga
5 minutes ago, hmfcbilly said:

Does that include Dominic Cummings or is he OK to have all his family from different households round as long as its just to 'test their eyesight?

Rules only apply to normal working people. Politicians can continue to do as they like and scientists can continue to meet up with friends (especially if they are carrying on affairs). 

Just now, manaliveits105 said:

Test and Protect is working well she just said - so no lockdown required then surely 

That doesn’t mean that at all 

Ainsley Harriott
1 minute ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Proper leadership! She offers nothing new, no insights, no way to escape the nightmare we are living in, and yet still, the cult believers fall at her feet.

Correct she could do a loud fart on TV and they would shower her with compliments about being down to earth. You only need to look at how vigorously certain posters on here jump on any criticism of her to know they are well and truly a cult. 

2 hours ago, Victorian said:

Jeane Freeman saying tighter restrictions for 6 months "more realistic" than lasting weeks.

Unbelievable.  As far as I'm concerned there's bugger all scientific about a lot of this and the majority of it is political (despite what Nicola Sturgeon may preach from her soap box). Every politicians makes decisions with the political repercussions in mind to help keep them in a cushy job IMO. Some have more genuine intentions than others but, ultimately politicians think politically. Unfortunately that bumbling bufoon at Westminster has made NS look like a hero through all of this when all shes really doing is giving out the same message in a clear and simple way unlike Boris.  Unfortunately the Scottish government are far more cautious and stricter and if that 6month thing involves not seeing other households for prolonged periods I don't think it'll command the same respect this time round

Ainsley Harriott
1 minute ago, manaliveits105 said:

Test and Protect is working well she just said - so no lockdown required then surely 

Has anyone actually been daft enough to install that app on their phone allowing them to put you under house arrest when they feel like it?

Shanks said no
2 minutes ago, Bull's-eye said:

panic-buying-coronavirus-costco-wholesale.thumb.jpg.cd9b976dcb59265239b0bd4355ba4fe7.jpg

1st load of the day, unpack this then off out for another load.

Can't be to careful.

always prepared

CD2AE53F-89EB-4A66-B49C-F57CB52962CE.jpeg

2 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

She said there will be no full lockdown.

40 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Why are they not pressed about symptoms  , tests that are a "bit rubbish", false positives, hospital admission rates that are very low?? All they talk about is cases and ridiculous graphs?  Will they do a similar presentation during the flu season??

Exactly.  Its all about cases which effectively mean didly squat.  But we have discussed this time and again., I think the SG has just worn people down now and people just cant be arsed anymore. 

1 hour ago, Normthebarman said:

Sorry, but if they ban house visits today I'll be ignoring them at the weekend.

My 9yr old has just watched her younger sister have a birthday party 2 weeks ago with a few of her pals outside, been to her pals birthday party outside with a few mates a week ago , then to be told that we had to cancel hers and at most she could have one pal visit over the course of a few days. 

There's not a ****ing chance I'm now telling her "Sorry, now you can't have any pals round for your birthday. But off to school you go, to spend the day in a small room with 30 of them."

Sounds like you are proposing to break the rules in a “specific and limited way”, which is in line with U.K. government policy.

Malinga the Swinga
Just now, manaliveits105 said:

Get with the programme. We are on full panic mode with no leadership, no solutions, just endless knee jerk decisions that cost thousands of jobs, tank economy, destroy industries and split families.

Just heard Chief Scientist guy say the seasons are against us as Winter is approaching. Well you have had the best seasons and you managed the square root of **** all, so guess what, Autumn and winter will arrive at same time as normal. 

Also, Sturgeon commiserating with families of people who have died from Covid. No commiserations if you have died from cancer or any of the other illnesses that are about, but then again, she doesn't really care anyway.

Get with the programme. We are on full panic mode with no leadership, no solutions, just endless knee jerk decisions that cost thousands of jobs, tank economy, destroy industries and split families.

Just heard Chief Scientist guy say the seasons are against us as Winter is approaching. Well you have had the best seasons and you managed the square root of **** all, so guess what, Autumn and winter will arrive at same time as normal. 

Also, Sturgeon commiserating with families of people who have died from Covid. No commiserations if you have died from cancer or any of the other illnesses that are about, but then again, she doesn't really care anyway.

The British government is even worse. Neither of them having a scooby. They are making it up as they go along. 

Shanks said no

As someone with a family member terminally ill with cancer I wholeheartedly endorse this post.

17 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

She was particularly nauseating today. Did you hear the bit about helping those on " low income" ( in other words her usual fan base) !  What about people who work hard and are trying to keep their businesses afloat despite her crackpot lockdowns.  

4 minutes ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

As someone with a family member terminally ill with cancer I wholeheartedly endorse this post.

Journalism seems censored at the moment and I really hope some people start getting these stories out into the mainstream asap. The already stretched waiting lists are completely burst and I sympathise with you and anyone else who has loved ones who wouldvr lived longer and maybe recovered if their treatment hadn't stopped. I work with an ex paramedic and he is of the opinion only vulnerable people shouldve been put into full lockdown whilst the rest of us continued as normal as possible

1 minute ago, Robbofan99 said:

She was particularly nauseating today. Did you hear the bit about helping those on " low income" ( in other words her usual fan base) !  What about people who work hard and are trying to keep their businesses afloat despite her crackpot lockdowns.  

Shes not interested in folk who look at an overall picture beyond independence as they might challenge her on her poor record regarding health and education. Besides, she will presume all these business owners have a nest egg to get them through the rough times, as I'm sure her husband who earns a handsome salary running the SNP does and her as FM😜🤑🤑

39 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

This is a serious moment for the country.

I agree. Removing our civil liberties and freedoms would be a tipping point and may well lead to large scale non-compliance 

Got an email from my sons hight school saying more kids have been confirmed with covid, too many more and the school will have to close again.

Francis Albert
48 minutes ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

At no point did he say that. 

Maybe not at the briefing. I did not see it.  But on his widely reported pre-briefing to the media he said that on worst case scenario we are looking at 200 deaths per day within a month. So setting a base line from which the success of measures will be measured.

CavySlaveJambo
2 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Maybe not at the briefing. I did not see it.  But on his widely reported pre-briefing to the media he said that on worst case scenario we are looking at 200 deaths per day within a month. So setting a base line from which the success of measures will be measured.

He said it at the briefing. But it was more as “if we don’t do anything then” 

23 minutes ago, hmfcbilly said:

Unbelievable.  As far as I'm concerned there's bugger all scientific about a lot of this and the majority of it is political (despite what Nicola Sturgeon may preach from her soap box). Every politicians makes decisions with the political repercussions in mind to help keep them in a cushy job IMO. Some have more genuine intentions than others but, ultimately politicians think politically. Unfortunately that bumbling bufoon at Westminster has made NS look like a hero through all of this when all shes really doing is giving out the same message in a clear and simple way unlike Boris.  Unfortunately the Scottish government are far more cautious and stricter and if that 6month thing involves not seeing other households for prolonged periods I don't think it'll command the same respect this time round

I agree. People are not frightened of this virus now because they can place it in perspective with the myriad other risks in life. State diktats may well be made but whether they are respected or not is another matter.  People can make their own judgements and decisions . They know that both govts are overplaying the threat, for whatever reason, and will not buy into that this time. 

18 minutes ago, Robbofan99 said:

How many SNP cabinet ministers have ever run a business?? A year or so ago, the answer was "None" but I'm not sure about now. These types think business owners are all multi millionaires and can't distinguish between the CEO of Next and someone who employs 2 or 3 staff.  

Right wingers trying to paint a left-leaning party leader as a nazi is beyond parody. Tragic stuff but perfectly illustrates the mentality of several posters on here. 

Weakened Offender
4 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

Right wingers trying to paint a left-leaning party leader as a nazi is beyond parody. Tragic stuff but perfectly illustrates the mentality of several posters on here. 

Agreed. It's absolutely chronic behaviour. This thread being on a Hearts forum is embarrassing now. Pleb behaviour. 

Edited by Weakened Offender

Weakened Offender
3 minutes ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

Glad it offends you 😜

I don't think it offends anyone, it just epitomises the awful job your parents made of bringing you up. 😊

Edited by Weakened Offender

All roads lead to Gorgie
1 hour ago, milky_26 said:

have JiH and Sturgeon ever been seen in the same room together?

At least they won't catch covid 😀

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )
  • JKBMod 12 featured, locked, unlocked and unfeatured this topic