Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

16 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

It’s the easy option to blame these places and it would be silly to say they can’t or aren’t being spread in there but I really don’t see what the options are here bar just close the fecking world down and just go and live in a cave on your own somewhere. 
There is one way out of this imo. Be as careful as you can and if you want to remain at home etc then do that but let others get on with it and make their own choices. Let me decide by myself how much risk I want to expose myself to. 
This lockdown is being mentioned as two weeks. Remember the first one was three weeks...then we were all going to back to normal. 

It feels like pubs, revellers and young folk are getting blamed whilst actually the things they do didn't seem to see any kind of increase in hospitalisations for a good couple of months. Maybe it was just delayed I guess.

It's funny that for work I can travel around the country, seeing new faces each week in reasonable numbers, yet I can't go on my planned long weekend as, in England, babies count towards the 6 which takes us to 7 and not allowed...even though the parents could come and then immediately be back with the kid once they got home 🤷🏻‍♂️

Regards the bit in bold, that doesn't sound so bad!!

25 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

This lockdown is being mentioned as two weeks. Remember the first one was three weeks...then we were all going to back to normal. 

There was never any promise that we'd go back to normal after 3 weeks. This was the PM's speech when lockdown was announced:

No Prime Minister wants to enact measures like this.

I know the damage that this disruption is doing and will do to people’s lives, to their businesses and to their jobs.

And that’s why we have produced a huge and unprecedented programme of support both for workers and for business.

And I can assure you that we will keep these restrictions under constant review. We will look again in three weeks, and relax them if the evidence shows we are able to.

But at present there are just no easy options. The way ahead is hard, and it is still true that many lives will sadly be lost.

Nicola Sturgeon's coronavirus briefing will not be shown on the main BBC One Scotland channel, however, you can watch it at 12.15 pm on the local BBC Scotland channel, which can be accessed on BBC Iplayer.

Just now, Jambo 4 Ever said:

Nicola Sturgeon's coronavirus briefing will not be shown on the main BBC One Scotland channel, however, you can watch it at 12.15 pm on the local BBC Scotland channel, which can be accessed on BBC Iplayer.

Ridiculous. There's set to be an announcement about new restrictions today and the BBC decide it's not newsworthy?

Just now, Ray Gin said:

Ridiculous. There's set to be an announcement about new restrictions today and the BBC decide it's not newsworthy?

Did the BBC not backtrack on axing Nicola's broadcasts last week?

2 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

Is it today? For some reason I thought it was tomorrow.

Just now, TheOak88 said:

Is it today? For some reason I thought it was tomorrow.

I thought I read something last night saying it was expected today, but you could be right. 🤷‍♂️

Shanks said no
2 minutes ago, frankblack said:

Did the BBC not backtrack on axing Nicola's broadcasts last week?

news hasn’t reached Hamilton 

Bbc1 Scotland schedule

21/09/2020

Coronavirus Update

Andrew Kerr presents live coverage of the Scottish government’s coronavirus briefing with reaction, expert analysis and the very latest updates from Scotland and beyond on the pandemic.

Release date: 21 September 2020

44 minutes

Edited by The Frenchman Returns

6 weeks behind the worst of it in European Countries, yet the borders are open. 

What a feckin joke this Government is. Couldn't organise a piss up in a brewery. 

1 minute ago, Cruyff said:

6 weeks behind the worst of it in European Countries, yet the borders are open. 

What a feckin joke this Government is. Couldn't organise a piss up in a brewery. 

It’s crazy.  I’m up at the airport a few times a day and it’s been much much busier, big groups of arrivals and departures.  

But yea I can’t see two other households when I get home :lol:

15 minutes ago, Shanks said:

It’s crazy.  I’m up at the airport a few times a day and it’s been much much busier, big groups of arrivals and departures.  

But yea I can’t see two other households when I get home :lol:

Exactly. There's another wave coming, so we'll let everyone get it and overwhelm the NHS before we actually do anything. They are about as much use as a chocolate teapot these politicians. 

39 minutes ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

Purely for debate

253BD92E-DE78-4F58-9C4F-5C11D1F182FE.jpeg

My issue with this statistic is that it is a binary outcome of surviving or dying with Covid.

Not enough consideration in my view is given to "Long Covid".

There are reportedly tens of thousands of then healthy people who are still suffering months after covid and suggests to me that a herd immunity approach would just exacerbate this, especially if we don't have specific measures to reduce spread and viral load.

https://news.sky.com/story/coronavirus-more-than-half-of-covid-19-patients-experience-ongoing-fatigue-study-finds-12074119

Scotland's Health Secretary Jeane Freeman has confirmed in an interview that a national ban on house visits is 'one of the options' being considered by the Scottish Government. 

The news comes as Nicola Sturgeon is expected to announce new lockdown measures in Scotland later today at her daily coronavirus briefing. 

In an interview with the BBC, Freeman was asked whether extending a house visit ban across the country is the sort of potential measure that could be introduced on a more permanent basis.

4 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

The missus has just comeback from doing the weekly shop. She says it’s mental and full on panic buying is in effect.

:vrface:

Has nobody learned anything from last time? Just buy stuff as normal and there's plenty for everyone ffs. 

2 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

:vrface:

Has nobody learned anything from last time? Just buy stuff as normal and there's plenty for everyone ffs. 

bog rolls run oot. pasta gone, ☹️

jack D and coke
17 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

The missus has just comeback from doing the weekly shop. She says it’s mental and full on panic buying is in effect.

This is what happens. Ffs man :facepalm: 

Back to washing our arses in the sink again since there’ll be no toilet roll left. 

Edited by AlimOzturk

Whitty and Vallance are doing the briefing without a minister doing the warm up act.    Iain Watson (BBC) says he expects the information to be presented will not be good.

The Real Maroonblood

Banning you from visiting your family. But want you to keep going into the office to keep the economy going! 
Nah I’ll keep seeing my family to keep my mental health going 

Making us trudge to the office but not letting us (officially) see family and friends is basically the worst case scenario isn't it? Just a terrible situation to put people in. 

Sorry, but if they ban house visits today I'll be ignoring them at the weekend.

My 9yr old has just watched her younger sister have a birthday party 2 weeks ago with a few of her pals outside, been to her pals birthday party outside with a few mates a week ago , then to be told that we had to cancel hers and at most she could have one pal visit over the course of a few days. 

There's not a ****ing chance I'm now telling her "Sorry, now you can't have any pals round for your birthday. But off to school you go, to spend the day in a small room with 30 of them."

14 minutes ago, GBJambo said:

Banning you from visiting your family. But want you to keep going into the office to keep the economy going! 
Nah I’ll keep seeing my family to keep my mental health going 

👍

the forgotten mess throughout all this. Before the Covid pish this was one of the main messages trying to get conveyed. Now it just seems to pushed to one side.

I’ll be visiting my family if and when I please. They can shove it. 

Edited by AlimOzturk

Samuel Camazzola
24 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

Back to washing our arses in the sink again since there’ll be no toilet roll left. 

Surely those piping tips could fund a bidet. 

8 minutes ago, Normthebarman said:

Sorry, but if they ban house visits today I'll be ignoring them at the weekend.

My 9yr old has just watched her younger sister have a birthday party 2 weeks ago with a few of her pals outside, been to her pals birthday party outside with a few mates a week ago , then to be told that we had to cancel hers and at most she could have one pal visit over the course of a few days. 

There's not a ****ing chance I'm now telling her "Sorry, now you can't have any pals round for your birthday. But off to school you go, to spend the day in a small room with 30 of them."

Well if this were the case you should be ashamed

8 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

👍

the forgotten mess throughout all this. Before the Covid pish this was one of the main messages trying to get conveyed. Now it just seems to pushed to one side.

I’ll be visiting my family if and when I please. They can shove it. 

No you shouldn’t mate 

1 minute ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

No one is immune 

9DCE3EF0-FBD6-4AC0-86ED-9FCB0599EAC1.jpeg

Why would anyone think you can be immune to a SARS virus? That would be very unusual.

Governor Tarkin
2 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

Of course he should 

that attitude is very selfish and ignorant 

So what?

Selfish is good.

Any restriction which stops us seeing our families will be getting pied.

1 minute ago, Governor Tarkin said:

So what?

Selfish is good.

Any restriction which stops us seeing our families will be getting pied.

No it’s not mate 

Governor Tarkin
1 minute ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

No it’s not mate 

Yes it is. 

A healthy dose of selfishness is essential.

You increase your risk, you also increase other people’s risk too

so from now on it is important EVERYONE sticks to the rules and guidelines. I don’t care what your opinion is - the virus doesn’t either. Everyone MUST stick the rules from now on

1 minute ago, Normthebarman said:

:rofl:

Like I give a **** what you think. 

Well you should mate. you must stick to the rules. It’s a matter of life and death 

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )
  • JKBMod 12 featured, locked, unlocked and unfeatured this topic