Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )

CJGJ

1 minute ago, frankblack said:

Not at work, but last week I got a bus into town.  Not only did the guy behind not social distance or wear a mask they coughed from right behind as I was standing on the bus paying.

Public transport is virus central in any given winter with people who if sick don't care who they spread it to.

:Agree:  I heard one guttural,  hacking cough the other day.   Could be imagination but it didn't sound at all covered or diverted.   I think half the bus shifted rather nervously.

• Replies 107.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

Surprised at that. Don’t know what you to do but any shop, gym, resteraunt, leisure venue and even a couple factories I went into had the stuff littered all of the pace at entrances and exits. 

Employer is the tightest ****er on earth and not the most responsible of people.    He waters down our liquid soaps when they get to halfway empty.    I kid you not.    Fills them with a bit of water and gives them a shake up.    But people should just carry their own hand gels imo.   

9 minutes ago, weehammy said:

Sure I read that the latest ‘science-based’ theory is that airborne spread is much more prevalent than surface spread, hence restrictions on household meetings. So washing your hands 20 times a day and carrying sanitiser may not be of much help.

Read that yesterday.Still advised to wash your hands though but not to excessive levels.I use the gel as soon as I get off the bus then use it again just before I start work then at breaks.Pretty much as I would normally have done apart from the bus trips.

Edited by vegas-voss

Shanks said no
7 hours ago, frankblack said:

I had to double check who posted that for a minute :rofl:

I went as far as checking the date he signed up, thought you know who had just got very clever. 

1 hour ago, JamesM48 said:

LOL Oh i still take hand gel out with me. Nothing wrong with that. Esp if going for a coffee in town or food . Dont know how many cups/ etc servers use each day and touch. Also i avoid using my phone until i have finished my food or coffee etc. 

Yes, I do exactly the same. Don't take the phone out in the supermarket until I'm finished. Carry hand sanitiser all the time etc. I used hand sanitiser before all this , so no change.

Did hear the story at Tesco of the guy who was wearing disposable gloves, carefully put his bags into the boot of his car, then sat on the edge of the boot, leaned into his shopping, grabbed a bag of crisps and sat there eating them with his magic safety gloves on. 😂

Samuel Camazzola
1 hour ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

I went as far as checking the date he signed up, thought you know who had just got very clever. 

Legit actions. It has all the hallmarks. 😂

Weird that despite face masks being mandatory we are apparently still heading for a second wave of Covid  

almost as if the policy has done **** all to stop the spread of Covid. 

1 hour ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Yes, I do exactly the same. Don't take the phone out in the supermarket until I'm finished. Carry hand sanitiser all the time etc. I used hand sanitiser before all this , so no change.

Did hear the story at Tesco of the guy who was wearing disposable gloves, carefully put his bags into the boot of his car, then sat on the edge of the boot, leaned into his shopping, grabbed a bag of crisps and sat there eating them with his magic safety gloves on. 😂

Lol I’ve seen some ludicrous sites too 

This leaked document is over Twitter detailing what a “ short circuit “ break my entail . If true it’s goodbye to leisure industry / hospitality 

C4DBBD16-1048-425B-9ACB-85E727129C4E.jpeg

6 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

This leaked document is over Twitter detailing what a “ short circuit “ break my entail . If true it’s goodbye to leisure industry / hospitality 

If true it's a disgraceful, ill thought out decision and imo will almost certainly spell the end for Johnson. Will also cripple the economy for no good reason.

The Mighty Thor
3 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

If true it's a disgraceful, ill thought out decision and imo will almost certainly spell the end for Johnson. Will also cripple the economy for no good reason.

I think that's a Scot Gov document.

But they'll do similar. 

10 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

It’s a Scot Gov Document but England will be the same no doubt 

6 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

I think that's a Scot Gov document.

But they'll do similar. 

Yes, my mistake.  Just noticed that. They'll not be happy it's been leaked...usually run a tight ship

23 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

Weird that despite face masks being mandatory we are apparently still heading for a second wave of Covid  

almost as if the policy has done **** all to stop the spread of Covid. 

It's almost as if loads of people have been meeting up in homes, pubs, and in big groups for parties without wearing them or social distancing.

Edited by Ray Gin

MoncurMacdonaldMercer

one of the reasons boris gave for going into lockdown later than people wanted was on the advice of the behavioural scientists that the public would only endure lockdown measures for a relatively short period of time

lockdown fatigue etc was expected to set in

will be interesting what happens next - if they can’t ‘police’ it properly what’s the point

I don’t think boris will lockdown wee jimmy might tho 🙀

Nucky Thompson

2 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

It's almost as if loads of people have been meeting up in homes, pubs, and in big groups for parties without wearing them or social distancing.

You must be a joy to be around.  Do you live on your own?

4 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

And you think those that are doing that will suddenly stop because a wee Ayrshire keelie stands at a podium and tells them not to?? The problem is that people were scared of the virus back in March and now they,'re not. Not a hope in hell that new lockdown restrictions will be observed 

The Mighty Thor
7 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Yes, my mistake.  Just noticed that. They'll not be happy it's been leaked...usually run a tight ship

They might do but calculated leaks and tips to the media have been going for weeks on this, probably hoping it would moderate behaviours. It isn't and it hasn't and this is whats coming down the tracks with who knows what consequences for businesses and individuals, who I'm sure will be looking to give a huge thanks to those who can't follow simple guidelines as they're closing down and paying staff off. 

9 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

They might do but calculated leaks and tips to the media have been going for weeks on this, probably hoping it would moderate behaviours. It isn't and it hasn't and this is whats coming down the tracks with who knows what consequences for businesses and individuals, who I'm sure will be looking to give a huge thanks to those who can't follow simple guidelines as they're closing down and paying staff off. 

Previous measures should have been enforced properly. No mask and you don't get on the bus/into the shop etc. This notion that you can appear to people's better judgment and community spirit is the type of naive , woolly thinking from those who live in the political bubble , detached from real life.

Edited by Enzo Chiefo

14 minutes ago, jonesy said:

I'd suggest millions of people have been doing exactly that. And you know what? Most folk will be fine as a result. If they wanted to save lives, they'd be better off banning all ICE cars, motorbikes, cigarettes, junk food outlets and alcohol as of midnight tonight.

Too right . The my scared us shitless with the first lockdown but will now struggle with doing the same with any new one due to What is now known about the virus . I for one won’t be in the house bricking it like the last time . They can stuff their household rules as well . Nothin we can do about bars / gyms etc closing though 

55 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

Well if they couldn’t convince folk to do something that they felt was

crucial to stopping an apparent second wave then the buck stops with them. Not the public. 

The Real Maroonblood
1 hour ago, JamesM48 said:

Pass the gun.

Honestly hope the circuit break thing is not true.

Even if we do the circuit break lockdown, and people do largely adhere to it. What do we do after the 2 weeks? Just open back up again and start this cycle all over. Open things up for 4-6 weeks again, then cases start to rise a bit so we panic and do another circuit break. What is the end game to this strategy?

jack D and coke
5 minutes ago, TheOak88 said:

Even if we do the circuit break lockdown, and people do largely adhere to it. What do we do after the 2 weeks? Just open back up again and start this cycle all over. Open things up for 4-6 weeks again, then cases start to rise a bit so we panic and do another circuit break. What is the end game to this strategy?

It’ll be everybody’s fault again and round and round we’ll go. 

1 minute ago, jack D and coke said:

It’ll be everybody’s fault again and round and round we’ll go. 

Yes the merry go round politics 

2 hours ago, TheOak88 said:

There is no end game. They haven’t got a clue. Very much doubt there will be the same level of adherence to this lockdown like there was for the last one. 

There is no real reason for a lockdown now.  The last lockdown was to protect the nhs. What’s the reason for this lockdown? 

Cases going up?. That was always going to happen when coming out lockdown and we are doing more testing. So we are just going to go in and out of lockdown and as Professor Dingwall states this virus is with us forever so we will just have to live with it. 

13 hours ago, Cade said:

Blackpool given exception from the rules for some feckin daft reason.

Place is feckin jam packed.

Local council are begging people to stay away.

:wtf:

September weekend next week. 

Incoming Carnage! from the West of Scotland. 

:vrwow:

The Mighty Thor
8 hours ago, jonesy said:

I get the feeling that the politicians are creating the conditions for the implementation of further restrictions in order to be proven right on their initial doom-mongering. If they admit that they cannot control the virus, and that 'flattening the curve' would only ever lead to sporadic and moderately predictable 'waves', then they admit defeat and lose the air of control they wish to project. In my opinion, there is simply no need to take such authoritarian and damaging steps based solely on the evidence presented thus far.

I get the feeling a large percentage of the population are creating the perfect conditions for the virus to take off again. When it does they'll start bumping on that somebody should do something and that its not their fault because they were only round at their mates or the pub, cos they're entitled to likesy and rules are for dafties.

Then when the inevitable lockdown 2 comes, said arseholes will whine loudest about government inaction and 'ma civul libertays' and round and round we'll go, whilst the economy tanks and the NHS is too busy dealing with selfish ***** to treat people with serious illness.

Wear a mask. Wash your hands often. Stay 2 metres apart. That's it. Its not too onerous is it?

9 hours ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Doing nothing isn’t an option though mate 

10 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

I get the feeling a large percentage of the population are creating the perfect conditions for the virus to take off again. When it does they'll start bumping on that somebody should do something and that its not their fault because they were only round at their mates or the pub, cos they're entitled to likesy and rules are for dafties.

Then when the inevitable lockdown 2 comes, said arseholes will whine loudest about government inaction and 'ma civul libertays' and round and round we'll go, whilst the economy tanks and the NHS is too busy dealing with selfish ***** to treat people with serious illness.

Wear a mask. Wash your hands often. Stay 2 metres apart. That's it. Its not too onerous is it?

This 

too many selfish twits out there 

11 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Yes, I agree. If everyone follows the rules in your last paragraph there, it will reduce the spread and remove the need for more measures.  It's a hassle sometimes,  but it's no big deal in order to keep pubs, cafes, restaurants and other businesses open. You know if you want to go for a beer you have to book a table, pitch up with your mask on and follow the rules. It's different but it's a small price to pay.

7 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

Doing nothing isn’t an option though mate 

It's individuals that have to do something though imo. As mentioned by another poster, it's politicians being seen to do something. 

6 hours ago, TheOak88 said:

A vaccine 

12 hours ago, heartstastic said:

Anyone that thinks that goverments have the best interests of the population at heart are incredibly naive.

Have a look at that little list for starters.

https://listverse.com/2017/06/01/top-10-us-government-experiments-done-on-its-own-citizens/

Democide statistics

https://www.hawaii.edu/powerkills/20TH.HTM

If you want to know where this particular time in history is heading then read this document from the Rockerfeller Foundation published in 2010.

https://www.nommeraadio.ee/meedia/pdf/RRS/Rockefeller Foundation.pdf

Also United Nations Agenda 21

https://sustainabledevelopment.un.org/content/documents/Agenda21.pdf

I could not care less if people want to label me a conspiracy theorist...especially on the internet. But the information in the bottom 2 documents are currently playing out in realtime. The end goal is a 2 tier (0.1% with all the wealth and the rest living in general poverty) communist style world based on a social crediting/behavioral system (much like has been rolled out in China these last few years) where everything is connected to the internet and should you step outside of the strict behavioural parameters then your ability to live within the system will be heavily curtailed or cut off completely. We are currently experincing the test phase, where they are gauging the compliance/behaviour of the population to future pandemics scenarios and to get you prepped for there multiple vaccanations programs they have lined up.

Whether you choose to dismiss this information is neither here nor there to me, but it will become apparent to everyone over the coming months and years that this plan is rolling out.

This plan has been in the makings for decades whilst most of the world has been blissfully unaware with there heads up there asses in the carefully constructed society they created which keeps everyone distracted with there divide and rule playbook.....politics, sport etc...as long as you pick a side in any of these.you are distracted from what is actually being played out..a simple magicians trick. This is why they employ these tactics for if the populations were to wake up to how they are being played ,they would realise that most of the 'diffrences' we have are engineered and designed to keep you at odds with your fellow man whilst they take all your wealth of you whilst mocking the living daylights out of you.

https://liberationist.org/dividing-people-is-the-best-way-to-lead/

If this is the world you want everyone you know to exist in then continue to stick your head in the sand and continue to label people as crazy conspiracy nuts...its already here and it's not going to end well unless people grow a spine and oppose this.....we can do much better than this shitshow but we all must take on that personal responsiblity.

Peace, love and prosperity to you all.

fb1bbf9ddfd4176707c026d25119827d.jpg

fighting-oppression-8-638.jpg

You also know what Mark Twain said about arguing with idiots, so I'll take his advice. 👍

9 hours ago, jonesy said:

I'd suggest millions of people have been doing exactly that. And you know what? Most folk will be fine as a result. If they wanted to save lives, they'd be better off banning all ICE cars, motorbikes, cigarettes, junk food outlets and alcohol as of midnight tonight.

What is an ice car? 

Reckon there is some merit to this though. Whole country goes on an enforced diet for 4 weeks of the year!

10 hours ago, JamesM48 said:

Would that affect Scottish Football?

9 minutes ago, frankblack said:

Would that affect Scottish Football?

Yes,  badly if it prolongs or is the first in a series of them.   Peter Lawwell will be demanding to be on the SAGE committee soon.

Did pubs and gyms etc not open long before this rise in cases? (UK, I know Scotland were lagging behind).

If they did, then surely something else has triggered the rise?

46 minutes ago, frankblack said:

No mention of shutting down foreign holidays?  I mean how many people really take quarantine seriously?

I think that is a critical factor.  This new upsurge comes in the wake of all the foreign holidays - plus of course selfish arseholes who don't quarantine on return.

jack D and coke
15 minutes ago, Taffin said:

Did pubs and gyms etc not open long before this rise in cases? (UK, I know Scotland were lagging behind).

If they did, then surely something else has triggered the rise?

It’s the easy option to blame these places and it would be silly to say they can’t or aren’t being spread in there but I really don’t see what the options are here bar just close the fecking world down and just go and live in a cave on your own somewhere. 
There is one way out of this imo. Be as careful as you can and if you want to remain at home etc then do that but let others get on with it and make their own choices. Let me decide by myself how much risk I want to expose myself to. 
This lockdown is being mentioned as two weeks. Remember the first one was three weeks...then we were all going to back to normal. 

Edited by jack D and coke

1 hour ago, jambo89 said:

What is an ice car? 

Reckon there is some merit to this though. Whole country goes on an enforced diet for 4 weeks of the year!

internal combustion engine

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )
  • JKBMod 12 featured, locked, unlocked and unfeatured this topic