Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )

CJGJ

Governor Tarkin
19 hours ago, Bugsy Siegel said:

No worries Gov.

The admissions have continued throughout the whole pandemic but at a very low count. The wards that were set up to specifically deal with covid patients have very rarely ever been full. That may change in the next few weeks depending on  this so called 2nd wave that's supposed to be coming. 

Cheers Bugsy. Good lad. 👍

@jack D and coke, there you go mate.

• Replies 107.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

3 hours ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Yes, thanks Robbo. That's a good read and an interesting analysis from frontline doctors.  Particularly, the parts about a large section of the community already having a degree of immunity and the media scare campaign that seems to have been undertaken,  as much in Belgium as here in the UK.

Cheers mate . I found it covered all the relevant areas well 

2 hours ago, manaliveits105 said:

Sorry this will have to be deleted its not spreading doom and panic and is not anti Tory government so is not relevant to this thread 

Lol 😂 

1 hour ago, jack D and coke said:

I asked on here on Friday if anyone worked at the ERI and haven’t heard anything yet but a mate picked up a doctor of 27 years in his taxi and she told him there hasn’t been a Covid admission in the ERI since late May. There’s apparently 8 wards lying empty. People were coming in back then and if they had a temperature they were getting classed as Covid. People were getting Covid put on their death certificates whether they knew it was Covid or not. 
What is going on?

Your mate or his passenger is lying, it would seem.

Edited by Ray Gin

1 minute ago, Francis Albert said:

So are speed limits. Rarely complied with and even more rarely enforced. 

I keep to the speed limit and so does everyone behind me.

True story.

1 hour ago, jack D and coke said:

I asked on here on Friday if anyone worked at the ERI and haven’t heard anything yet but a mate picked up a doctor of 27 years in his taxi and she told him there hasn’t been a Covid admission in the ERI since late May. There’s apparently 8 wards lying empty. People were coming in back then and if they had a temperature they were getting classed as Covid. People were getting Covid put on their death certificates whether they knew it was Covid or not. 
What is going on?

A friend and I met his nephew yesterday . The nephew works in the ERI and he said exactly the same . 

1 minute ago, Ray Gin said:

I'm finding more and more of the lies that spread so easily around social media are leaking into real life now. Always the usual 'I heard from a friend of a friend who works in [insert high level role]'. Worrying. 

1 hour ago, Francis Albert said:

Like the Belgian article quoted above a powerful case for listening to real doctors rather than computer modellers.

Though there is a lot to dislike about the Mail the Mail and the Telegraph have actually been pretty good on the pandemic - offering a far far wider range of opinions and facts and much more telling criticism of the Government than the one track Guardian or indeed the BBC.

Yes that Belgian article is terrific . Thanks Robbo for sharing . I have to agree through gritted teeth that the Mail has been calling the Govt out time and again with some great journalism and questioning . 

4 minutes ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

I'm finding more and more of the lies that spread so easily around social media are leaking into real life now. Always the usual 'I heard from a friend of a friend who works in [insert high level role]'. Worrying. 

My mates nephew has no reason to lie about his observations of covid at eri . In fact he had it and was slightly ill with it fir some time 

9 minutes ago, Smithee said:

True story.

:lol:

Going off topic, but that approach on roads like Maybury can be problematic as they will try and overtake you on a roundabout and cut you off!

You can find yourself in a problem with idiots behind looking to try some stupid manouvre while you are sticking to the speed limits.

Edited by frankblack

1 minute ago, JamesM48 said:

My mates nephew has no reason to lie about his observations of covid at eri . In fact he had it and was slightly ill with it fir some time 

That wasn't meant as a response to your post, although it was unfortunate timing :lol: just what's been happening in my experience and not just in relation to covid but other things as well. 

jack D and coke
13 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

I think not. It’s extremely low as has been confirmed. 

Were getting mugged off on an industrial scale. 

11 minutes ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

Even on here, this thread has become something of an echo chamber I fear.

Edit - See above 😂😂😂

Edited by The Roller

jack D and coke
11 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

A friend and I met his nephew yesterday . The nephew works in the ERI and he said exactly the same . 

👍🏼

14 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

It may be more a case of chinese whispers, where the message got diluted by what the recipient wanted to hear.

Francis Albert
11 minutes ago, Smithee said:

True story.

When I keep to the speed limit  other drivers will drive at high speed and overtake me on the opposite of the road if necessary!

2 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

When I keep to the speed limit  other drivers will drive at high speed and overtake me on the opposite of the road if necessary!

3e7ace318953fac99104e0ed0b579ef0.jpg.b7c3387b1bdd7c93b8deb8bb6413d3b2.jpg

Nucky Thompson
12 minutes ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

It's only a lie because you don't agree with it. 

If it was someone posting that doctors are panicking and the hospitals are at breaking point, you would think it was true because you want it to be

5 minutes ago, The Roller said:

Even on here, this thread has become something of an echo chamber I fear.

Edit - See above 😂😂😂

This thread is a special case. I hope it never changes because it's tragically hilarious. 

1 minute ago, Nucky Thompson said:

It's only a lie because you don't agree with it. 

If it was someone posting that doctors are panicking and the hospitals are at breaking point, you would think it was true because you want it to be

:lol:

Aye ok. 

8 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

I think not. It’s extremely low as has been confirmed. 

Were getting mugged off on an industrial scale. 

"The admissions have continued throughout the whole pandemic but at a very low count. The wards that were set up to specifically deal with covid patients have very rarely ever been full. That may change in the next few weeks depending on  this so called 2nd wave that's supposed to be coming."

How does that confirm what you posted?

Very low count does not = "there hasn't been a Covid admission since May."

3 minutes ago, jonesy said:

A family member of mine works at ERI. She says it's quieter than she has ever experienced in her career.

Worrying. What operations etc aren’t getting done that should be. 

Edited by GBJambo

jack D and coke
1 minute ago, Ray Gin said:

"The admissions have continued throughout the whole pandemic but at a very low count. The wards that were set up to specifically deal with covid patients have very rarely ever been full. That may change in the next few weeks depending on  this so called 2nd wave that's supposed to be coming."

How does that confirm what you posted?

Very low count does not = "there hasn't been a Covid admission since May."

You’ll notice I asked for confirmation I didn’t say it was fact. It does however point to the fact this all seems way over the top. If you want to remain afraid that’s up to you man. 

8 minutes ago, GBJambo said:

Worrying. What operations etc aren’t getting done that should be. 

I'd imagine most minor ops, or those that aren't immediately life threatening.

3 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

You’ll notice I asked for confirmation I didn’t say it was fact. It does however point to the fact this all seems way over the top. If you want to remain afraid that’s up to you man. 

You asked if it was true. It wasn't, so clearly your mate or passenger is talking shit.

Despite confirmation that it was untrue you then continued to claim that it was. 

jack D and coke
Just now, Ray Gin said:

You asked if it was true. It wasn't, so clearly your mate or passenger is talking shit.

Despite confirmation that it was untrue you then continued to claim that it was. 

So the doctor was lying I don’t know. You post enormous amounts of shit on here so I’ve got plenty catching up to do on you. 

6 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

So the doctor was lying I don’t know. You post enormous amounts of shit on here so I’ve got plenty catching up to do on you. 

I post actual news with confirmed sources. 

35 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Either your mates nephew is lying or governor tarkins mate is lying.

You can't have no admissions since may and also have low steady admissions at the same time.

8 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

So doctors lie now? that puts to bed the article by the Belgium doctors.

39 minutes ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

That wasn't meant as a response to your post, although it was unfortunate timing :lol: just what's been happening in my experience and not just in relation to covid but other things as well. 

Yes that’s ok . I just posted that in response to j d coke posting . I didn’t want to post it as per usual on this people would say it’s a pile of pish ! It wasn’t 👍

8 minutes ago, jambo89 said:

Either your mates nephew is lying or governor tarkins mate is lying.

You can't have no admissions since may and also have low steady admissions at the same time.

So doctors lie now? that puts to bed the article by the Belgium doctors.

He has absolutely no reason to lie . People just don’t seem to like factual information which doesn’t fit their narrative . Stop taking shite 

Fluorescent Adolescent

I work in the ERI. I can’t give exact numbers but covid admissions, whilst looking relatively low to me, have continued throughout the Summer.

To suggest there hasn’t been one since May is simply untrue.

9 minutes ago, Fluorescent Adolescent said:

I work in the ERI. I can’t give exact numbers but covid admissions, whilst looking relatively low to me, have continued throughout the Summer.

To suggest there hasn’t been one since May is simply untrue.

I don’t know if anyone said there were none but we’re “ low “ as stats would indicate 

2 hours ago, jack D and coke said:

What is going on?

3 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

I don’t know if anyone said there were none but we’re “ low “ as stats would indicate 

see quoted post, someone said no covid admission to ERI since end of May

The Mighty Thor
2 hours ago, jambo89 said:

I suppose one could argue that the positive reinforcement (reward) for following the guidelines would be far fewer deaths in the country. However we have seen that unless there is some sort of tangible effect, this form of positive reinforcement doesn't work, and so we are left with the only alternative.

The sense of community, of following the rules to protect yourself and others falls down with our current society. 

Too many are only interested in themsleves, what's in it for me, rules are for others and so it goes. 

When given the option to voluntarily play along most don't or won't, which leaves you with enforcement, which to date has been pathetic. It's probably big stick time in reality. 

11 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

The sense of community, of following the rules to protect yourself and others falls down with our current society. 

Too many are only interested in themsleves, what's in it for me, rules are for others and so it goes. 

When given the option to voluntarily play along most don't or won't, which leaves you with enforcement, which to date has been pathetic. It's probably big stick time in reality. 

The sense of “ community “ fell apart when Cummings broke the rules 

2 hours ago, Cade said:

130 tossers attended a stag hunt over the weekend.

No masks.

No social distancing.

Everybody is ripping the pish out of the exemptions and exceptions.

Or the government is ripping the pish out of the working classes? 

20 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

People did follow the rules but we were told lockdown was so the NHS would not be overwhelmed. 7 months later and its go back to square 1. Little wonder people are fed up and not going to comply.

The Mighty Thor
10 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

The sense of “ community “ fell apart when Cummings broke the rules 

To a degree. I felt fecked right off when that happened and the lack of any remorse or punishment stuck right in my craw.

6 minutes ago, Back to 2005 said:

People did follow the rules but we were told lockdown was so the NHS would not be overwhelmed. 7 months later and its go back to square 1. Little wonder people are fed up and not going to comply.

The NHS did not get overwhelmed so it worked. Where its not working now is selfish arseholes/science deniers/conspiracy theorists/absolute bangers are not following the guidance and the infection rates and all that goes with it is on the rise. 

Edited by The Mighty Thor

Nucky Thompson
23 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

To a degree. I felt fecked right off when that happened and the lack of any remorse or punishment stuck right in my craw.

The NHS did not get overwhelmed so it worked. Where its not working now is selfish arseholes/science deniers/conspiracy theorists/absolute bangers are not following the guidance and the infection rates and all that goes with it is on the rise. 

It doesn't help that those in charge seem to be winging it. Guidance is all over the place.

A lockdown in Lancashire with Blackpool not included :lol: Nothing to do with 2 big holiday weekends coming up was it.

Game shooting allowed, but commoners can't meet up with other households in certain parts of England

No wonder some people are just saying feck it with the guidance 

1 hour ago, Lord BJ said:

OMFW 

I hope to **** I’m missing sarcasm or something, 

More tongue in cheek than sarcasm

1 hour ago, JamesM48 said:

He has absolutely no reason to lie . People just don’t seem to like factual information which doesn’t fit their narrative . Stop taking shite 

I didn't say he did. 

Why Am I talking shite? It's either none or some? cant be both

8 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

It doesn't help that those in charge seem to be winging it. Guidance is all over the place.

A lockdown in Lancashire with Blackpool not included :lol: Nothing to do with 2 big holiday weekends coming up was it.

Game shooting allowed, but commoners can't meet up with other households in certain parts of England

No wonder some people are just saying feck it with the guidance 

I'm also not buying it that London isn't in a worse place than the north of England.

I also think there needs to be a reality check that reopening schools and universities is a terrible idea yet their solution is to shut down other businesses to appease parents.

Edited by frankblack

Captain Canada

"I believe I have identified a serious, really a fatal flaw in the PCR test used in what is called by the UK Government the Pillar 2 screening – that is, testing many people out in their communities. I’m going to go through this with care and in detail because I’m a scientist and dislike where this investigation takes me."

https://lockdownsceptics.org/lies-damned-lies-and-health-statistics-the-deadly-danger-of-false-positives/

Coronavirus: Younger Scots make up fifth of new Covid hospital admissions
https://www.heraldscotland.com/news/18732601.coronavirus-younger-scots-make-fifth-new-covid-hospital-admissions/

ONE in five patients admitted to hospital with Covid since the start of August have been aged under 45, with teenagers among those requiring acute care.

“We are seeing a rise in hospital admissions,” said Ms Sturgeon.

“We are not yet seeing that in Scotland to the same extent a England, but we would expect it’s just a matter of time if we don’t interrupt things.

"There is also a sign that it's not just older people who are being admitted to hospital - some in the younger age group are also among the hospital admissions, which is a reminder that while younger people are less likely to get ill, they can get ill.
"On every aspect of our data right now, there are warning signs flashing. That has to prompt us to take action."

In France, deaths from Covid have doubled from fewer than 100 per week in mid-March to 230 a week now, with weekly hospital admissions also tripling over the same period from around 1000 a week to more than 3,200 in the past week.

2 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

A large part of issue is school is child care for many. Particularly, if extended family are out window due to rules. No one to look after kids means people can’t go to work 🤷🏻‍♂️

I personally think schools should be kept open, particularly as kids are so young and still no evidence that they are spreaders and health impact is virtually zero for them. In fact experience from countries who did not shut schools shows it didn’t cause spread. So no idea why you would close schools to be honest. 

What business are shut down due to schools being open? I can’t think of any might be closed down due to not being viable or govt restrictions but not because schools are open. 

Whilst most business have gone through the adaptation phase for home working etc who can and those who can’t are working. Why would we send them to back in to offices, clogging up public transport, breaking social distancing rules and by nature older people are at greater risk. 

Doesn’t make much sense to be honest. 

I think you are only partially right with primary school kids.  However, secondary school kids aren't following social distancing or wearing masks, and from what I gather they are more at risk of being spreaders.

The governments keep talking about having to take away other liberties to keep schools open, such as closing pubs, restauraunts, etc.

Why should those without kids have to suffer for those who do?

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )
  • JKBMod 12 featured, locked, unlocked and unfeatured this topic