Jump to content
CJGJ

Coronavirus pandemic

Recommended Posts

Governor Tarkin

So Jockland's economy has taken the biggest hit in the developed world. Looks like we're all doomed.

 

Thank **** for that.

My now-found alcoholism is vindicated.

Small mercies.

👍

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Samuel Camazzola
5 minutes ago, Back to 2005 said:

Is oddfellows still open? Spent a lot of time there early 90s. 

Forrest Road? I think it's an Irish theme bar (was certainly the case last year). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jonesy
3 minutes ago, Brian Dundas said:

And if we all did that then we would be in lockdown again. 

 

Sorry Brian, but from where I stand that doesn't make it okay. Acquiescence to the abuse of power is cowardly, in my opinion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Back to 2005
14 minutes ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

Forrest Road? I think it's an Irish theme bar (was certainly the case last year). 

Yeah that's the one. Suspected it would be long gone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
The Mighty Thor

That's the geordies in lockdown from Friday. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
milky_26
1 minute ago, The Mighty Thor said:

That's the geordies in lockdown from Friday. 

at least horses will be safe

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Weakened Offender
7 hours ago, Nucky Thompson said:

My daughter meets up with her friends to walk to school, obviously more than 2 households. Just about every kid does the same.

How does that work with the rules?

 

How do you think it fits in with the rules? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jambo no 1

Excitement is building over Covid-19 treatments that use ‘man-made’ antibodies after the release of a small but pioneering study showed one to drastically reduce hospitalisations. 

The therapy - known as monoclonal antibodies - was found to cut the risk of hospitalisations by more than 70 per cent in the study by drug firm Eli Lilly. 

Monoclonal antibodies are antibodies grown in a laboratory after they have been drawn from a patient who has recovered from the disease. They work by sticking to the virus and stopping it from entering the lungs. 

The findings from the Eli Lilly trial, held in conjunction with the US National Institutes of Health, have not yet been published in a peer-reviewed journal and full trial data has not yet been released. 

According to the US-based firm 452 newly diagnosed patients received either the monoclonal antibody or a placebo infusion. Some 1.7 per cent of those who received the monoclonal antibody were hospitalsed compared to six per cent of those who received the placebo - a 72 per cent reduction in risk. 
 

https://apple.news/AuITVLCNhTJmxfEl_vi2avw

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
theshed
14 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

That's the geordies in lockdown from Friday. 

 

Bloody great.... due to go down next weekend with mates after 2 previous cancelled trips 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JamesM48
2 hours ago, Dawnrazor said:

Aye, probably, understandable really.

It's a shit state of affairs when, and I'm no fan of hers, Nicola Sturgeon couldn't "come out" if the rumours are true, it's 2020 ffs.

It’s 2020 who cares really ? Unfortunately some people do like to Get their beak into other people’s personal life’s . Sad really 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Back to 2005
14 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

It’s 2020 who cares really ? Unfortunately some people do like to Get their beak into other people’s personal life’s . Sad really 

Would imagine very few would care. Suppose you could say however that if she is lying about her personal life then what else is she lying about? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JamesM48
2 minutes ago, Back to 2005 said:

Would imagine very few would care. Suppose you could say however that if she is lying about her personal life then what else is she lying about? 

It’s not “ lying “ is it ? It’s jusy her personal business  surely . It may be a “ lavender “ marriage then maybe not ? I’d be surprised if it were  true as The Mooth is out and Patrick Harvey and Kesia Dungeld too and it hasn’t harmed their careers ? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
AlphonseCapone
11 minutes ago, Back to 2005 said:

Would imagine very few would care. Suppose you could say however that if she is lying about her personal life then what else is she lying about? 

 

Definitely everything to do with cornavirus for a start mate. Wee Jimmie Krankie is always lying to us cause she's a nat. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Weakened Offender

This thread is actually comedy gold now. It's funnier than England's Covid 19 response. 😁

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
LMc
2 hours ago, Victorian said:

The USA arm of the Oxford vaccine is still suspended as the FDA are still investigating implications from the UK volunteer who developed illness.    It's said to be a spinal fluid inflammation,  one cause of which can be an abnormal immune response.   The kind of thing they might expect from a vaccine.    Lots more tests are required.    Interesting that other arms of the trial have recommenced though.    Yanks at it?

 

Internal politics. 

 

3 hours ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Ah well. Hopefully soon

 

There will be one, possibly two rolled out by the end of the year. Mass vaccination starting next year if everything goes well, which it should.

 

 

Trump pushing it and throwing absolutely everything behind it in the hope it wins him the election. Good for the vaccine development I guess 🤔

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
LMc

Additionally;

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
redjambo
1 hour ago, Governor Tarkin said:

So Jockland's economy has taken the biggest hit in the developed world. Looks like we're all doomed.

 

Thank **** for that.

My now-found alcoholism is vindicated.

Small mercies.

👍

 

 

What took you so long?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Governor Tarkin
1 hour ago, The Mighty Thor said:

That's the geordies in lockdown from Friday. 

 

That's next weekend at your Gypsy Berghof ****ed then, Nucky.

 

1 hour ago, Weakened Offender said:

 

How do you think it fits in with the rules? 

 

How do you think it fits in with the rules?

 

40 minutes ago, Weakened Offender said:

This thread is actually comedy gold now. It's funnier than England's Covid 19 response. 😁

 

But not as funny as yer maws...

Nah, it is as funny.

 

12 minutes ago, redjambo said:

 

What took you so long?

 

Opium and bacon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Weakened Offender
3 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

 

That's next weekend at your Gypsy Berghof ****ed then, Nucky.

 

 

How do you think it fits in with the rules?

 

 

But not as funny as yer maws...

Nah, it is as funny.

 

 

Opium and bacon.

 

Chronic dirge. 😊

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ray Gin
2 hours ago, The Mighty Thor said:

That's the geordies in lockdown from Friday. 

 

Ffs Sturgeon!!!! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ri Alban
7 hours ago, Governor Tarkin said:

So Jockland's economy has taken the biggest hit in the developed world. Looks like we're all doomed.

 

Thank **** for that.

My now-found alcoholism is vindicated.

Small mercies.

👍

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ri Alban

NZ in recession. :yadayada: Fecking Sturgeon! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lord BJ

NE restrictions likely to see ban on visiting households, curfew on hospitality, public transport only for key workers. The restrictions around local lockdown stepping up. Probably an indicator of type of restrictions will face in future. 

 

The WHO are saying unless a vaccine is found, you have more chance of winning the lottery than avoidIng getting COVID. They also state mortality rate in 0.6.%. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
AlphonseCapone
2 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

NE restrictions likely to see ban on visiting households, curfew on hospitality, public transport only for key workers. The restrictions around local lockdown stepping up. Probably an indicator of type of restrictions will face in future. 

 

The WHO are saying unless a vaccine is found, you have more chance of winning the lottery than avoidIng getting COVID. They also state mortality rate in 0.6.%. 

 

Case mortality or infection mortality? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lord BJ
3 minutes ago, AlphonseCapone said:

 

Case mortality or infection mortality? 


https://apple.news/AvK5A3hNCSHCnrxOAcg70Aw

 

IFR, obviously it fluctuates massively between age. That’s the main reason I can’t figure out why protecting the vulnerable doesn’t seem to being implemented when we’re struggling to control spread. If you address the high risk areas, if nothing else you should reduced stakeout and ease pressure on NHS. 
 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lord BJ

So let me get this correct the NE England about to introduce tougher restrictions, yet are having fans at their game at the weekend at Mildesbourgh game.

 

Seems a sensible and consistent approach 🙈

Edited by Lord BJ

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Enzo Chiefo
29 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

NE restrictions likely to see ban on visiting households, curfew on hospitality, public transport only for key workers. The restrictions around local lockdown stepping up. Probably an indicator of type of restrictions will face in future. 

 

The WHO are saying unless a vaccine is found, you have more chance of winning the lottery than avoidIng getting COVID. They also state mortality rate in 0.6.%. 

Even by WHO standards, what a ridiculous comment.  As we are seeing now, "getting Covid", for most people,  means no symptoms. I'm going to stick my neck out and say, without a vaccine, most people will get a Covid virus every year. Usually involves blowing your nose constantly and pitching up at the weekly 5s game, feeling a bit under par.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Governor Tarkin
7 hours ago, Ray Gin said:

 

Ffs Sturgeon!!!! 

 

2 hours ago, ri Alban said:

NZ in recession. :yadayada: Fecking Sturgeon! 

 

How are those Sturgeon's fault, guys? :(

Edited by Governor Tarkin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
The Mighty Thor
8 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

 

 

How is that Sturgeon's fault, guys? :(

Do keep up man. 

She's lying about her private life (apparently) therefore she's the Rosa Klebb of a global pandemic conspiracy.

 

I'd cut back on the bacon. Its clouding your thinking. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jambo89
44 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Even by WHO standards, what a ridiculous comment.  As we are seeing now, "getting Covid", for most people,  means no symptoms. I'm going to stick my neck out and say, without a vaccine, most people will get a Covid virus every year. Usually involves blowing your nose constantly and pitching up at the weekly 5s game, feeling a bit under par.

 

See when you speak like that, against the planets foremost and premier organisation for the control of pandemics, your argument loses all weight and validity. 

 

You also really stuck your neck out there by describing what already happens with most coronavirus' each year. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jambo89
3 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Do keep up man. 

She's lying about her private life (apparently) therefore she's the Rosa Klebb of a global pandemic conspiracy.

 

I'd cut back on the bacon. Its clouding your thinking. 

 

I am sure I remember the same 'rumour' being spread about Alex Salmond after the independence election.

 

I am sure that it is just a coincidence that 'rumours' regarding their sexuality are spreading, as being the leader of the SNP and independence movement, they have absolutely nothing in common. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
vegas-voss
58 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

So let me get this correct the NE England about to introduce tougher restrictions, yet are having fans at their game at the weekend at Mildesbourgh game.

 

Seems a sensible and consistent approach 🙈

It's just al over the shop all the time with  government and devolved governments in terms of lockdown restrictions.The start lockdown on a Monday stuff being the craziest as it's just a message to have one last fling at the weekend before being shutdown.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
graygo
3 minutes ago, jambo89 said:

 

See when you speak like that, against the planets foremost and premier organisation for the control of pandemics, your argument loses all weight and validity. 

 

You also really stuck your neck out there by describing what already happens with most coronavirus' each year. 

 

Well aye, except SARS, MERS and the current virus SARS-COV-2.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Smithee
10 hours ago, Back to 2005 said:

Is oddfellows still open? Spent a lot of time there early 90s. 

Bit of a tangent, but I'd always wondered about that name so I looked into it years ago.

 

In the old days different trades had their own guilds - stonemasons and their lodges are still in our consciousness for example.

But then there were trades which were too small to form a guild, so they all joined together to form the Oddfellows, a group whose common ground was that they had no natural group.

 

There are other theories I've read, it could be that it was just a fraternity based on the uncommon concepts of charity and philanthropy, but it goes back too far to be sure of the origins. The small trades explanation seems most likely to me.

 

Anyhoo, back to the topic..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Harry Potter
10 hours ago, theshed said:

 

Bloody great.... due to go down next weekend with mates after 2 previous cancelled trips 

sorry to hear that☹️

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Victorian

So what today from the megalomaniac,  assumed-to-be-secret-lesbian?   More megalomania and dishonest lesbianism I reckon.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ron Burgundy
6 minutes ago, Victorian said:

So what today from the megalomaniac,  assumed-to-be-secret-lesbian?   More megalomania and dishonest lesbianism I reckon.   

 I expect more of the same crap from her. Don't give a shit about her sexuality but she's definitely a megalomaniac.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
The Mighty Thor
16 minutes ago, Victorian said:

So what today from the megalomaniac,  assumed-to-be-secret-lesbian?   More megalomania and dishonest lesbianism I reckon.   

She's not destroyed enough global economies for me. She needs to up her game. 

Throw in another local lockdown for good measure.  👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Governor Tarkin
1 hour ago, The Mighty Thor said:

 

I'd cut back on the bacon. Its clouding your thinking. 

 

Say it's not so? :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
The Mighty Thor
3 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

 

Say it's not so? :(

Sorry Guv, its why our muslim brothers don't partake. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lord BJ

Distraction is a easy way to avoid debate for many. As this thread is proving 😂

 

As an aside is there two groups of people who have worst patter that Uber Nats/Unionists. Probably be better is they all ****ed off to Ireland and continued their squabbles there. 
 

Anyway back on topic. Alleged outbreak connected to Halls at Napier Poly. It’s not all that surprising and these places are likely to see spreads that probably go pretty much unnoticed due to the limited likliehood of that age group being impacted. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lord BJ

Neil Warnock has tested positive for COVID. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
The Mighty Thor
24 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

 

 

Anyway back on topic. Alleged outbreak connected to Halls at Napier Poly. It’s not all that surprising and these places are likely to see spreads that probably go pretty much unnoticed due to the limited likliehood of that age group being impacted. 

I heard on the tranny this morning that NHS Lothian are refusing to put a number on the outbreak, due to patient confidentiality. 🤔

Freshers week this week so it would be fair to assume that the case numbers in that demographic will increase. 

Of course this discerning virus doesn't affect the young likesy. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
frankblack
1 minute ago, The Mighty Thor said:

I heard on the tranny this morning that NHS Lothian are refusing to put a number on the outbreak, due to patient confidentiality. 🤔

Freshers week this week so it would be fair to assume that the case numbers in that demographic will increase. 

Of course this discerning virus doesn't affect the young likesy. 

 

:oohmatron:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lord BJ
10 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

I heard on the tranny this morning that NHS Lothian are refusing to put a number on the outbreak, due to patient confidentiality. 🤔


 

Freshers week this week so it would be fair to assume that the case numbers in that demographic will increase. 

Of course this discerning virus doesn't affect the young likesy. 


The likliehood of effecting then is markably reduced to other age groups. So the virus does seem to be pretty discerning that way 😀

 

Less than 1% of under 20’s will require any form of treatment. Over 60 it’s over 15% 

 

Did you go to Napier Poly? 

 

Is the Tranny the new fish rumour?

Edited by Lord BJ

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
doctor jambo
14 hours ago, Dawnrazor said:

Aye, probably, understandable really.

It's a shit state of affairs when, and I'm no fan of hers, Nicola Sturgeon couldn't "come out" if the rumours are true, it's 2020 ffs.

Not sure why not- at one point the leader of the greens, the leader of the Tories were both out and gay.

Lib dems - couldnt even tell you who it is.

Labour dont really have a leader.

 

She could come out and the public would not give a damn.

If she does not want to its for her own reasons,  not for any public opprobrium

.

Its either that or she spread the rumour she was gay to protect herself from Alec

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Enzo Chiefo
4 minutes ago, doctor jambo said:

Not sure why not- at one point the leader of the greens, the leader of the Tories were both out and gay.

Lib dems - couldnt even tell you who it is.

Labour dont really have a leader.

 

She could come out and the public would not give a damn.

If she does not want to its for her own reasons,  not for any public opprobrium

.

Its either that or she spread the rumour she was gay to protect herself from Alec

Even that "admission" wouldn't stop our Alex😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lord BJ
8 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Even that "admission" wouldn't stop our Alex😂


In fairness, I imagine Alex could make a lot women change their sexuality!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Victorian

Great news that there's limited likelihood of students being affected.   Let's have a study into the likelihood of students coming into contact with other people.   Maybe we can assume a high rate of non-transmissibility in them.    Similar to assumed lesbianism.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...