Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )

CJGJ

Enzo Chiefo
16 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

How is 31 confirmed cases 1.1% of newly tested individuals?

8243 new tests

Diane Abbott abacus?

• Replies 107.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

17 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

How is 31 confirmed cases 1.1% of newly tested individuals?

8243 new tests

Maybe the 8,243 included people who have been tested more than once, the 1.1% would suggest just over 3,000 tested for the first time.

Talk of over 50s to shelter ?

Is that not at least half of parliament including Boris himself into isolation and Whitty and Valance will also need to put their feet up.On a serious note seems stupid to put a blanket ban on over 50's going out as most will be fit and active people.

Edited by vegas-voss

4 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

Talk of over 50s to shelter ?

Is that not at least half of parliament including Boris himself into isolation and Whitty and Valance will also need to put their feet up.On a serious note seems stupid to put a blanket ban on over 50's going out as most will be fit and active people.

It's total shite but it wasn't a blanket ban on over 50's. 

People between 50 and 70 could be given personalised risk ratings, taking into account factors like age and medical history.

Just now, graygo said:

It's total shite but it wasn't a blanket ban on over 50's. 

People between 50 and 70 could be given personalised risk ratings, taking into account factors like age and medical history.

Ah thanks for pointing this out

Westminster seem to be panicking now they realise that their half-ersed lockdown restriction easings and "get back to work" mantra has had the pish ripped out of it and the virus is back on the rise.

Surprised to see that the biggest age range for positive cases in Scotland is 45-64, thought it would be older but I suppose that only applies to deaths.

Edit: It is a 20 year period and the older ones are only 10 years, plus probably more in those age brackets.

Screenshot_20200802-165500.png

Edited by graygo

20 minutes ago, Cade said:

Westminster seem to be panicking now they realise that their half-ersed lockdown restriction easings and "get back to work" mantra has had the pish ripped out of it and the virus is back on the rise.

I was quite angry at Sturgeon for not lifting restrictions in line with England but I was totally wrong on that one. She’s gone right up in my estimation recently. 

Jambo-Jimbo
2 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

I was quite angry at Sturgeon for not lifting restrictions in line with England but I was totally wrong on that one. She’s gone right up in my estimation recently. 

She was 100% right about Spain as well, but got dogs abuse from some on here for it.

Just now, Jambo-Jimbo said:

She was 100% right about Spain as well, but got dogs abuse from some on here for it.

Don’t think I said much about it on here but in conversations with friends I’ve been very critical. Probably a combination of frustration at lockdown and suspicion of politicians motives in general. Unprecedented times but she’s doing as well as she can. 

JudyJudyJudy
9 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Don’t think I said much about it on here but in conversations with friends I’ve been very critical. Probably a combination of frustration at lockdown and suspicion of politicians motives in general. Unprecedented times but she’s doing as well as she can. 

Lets hope she doesn't panic with the " spikes" in infections in the last few days and consider closing pubs . The baying mob , with pitchforks at the ready on Facebook seem to be angling for this.  

Just now, JamesM48 said:

Lets hope she doesn't panic with the " spikes" in infections in the last few days and consider closing pubs . The baying mob , with pitchforks at the ready on Facebook seem to be angling for this.  

I get the feeling from what’s happening elsewhere that localised restrictions are the way we’ll go. I doubt the whole country will reverse lockdown easing, unless it gets really bad.

JudyJudyJudy
Just now, GinRummy said:

I get the feeling from what’s happening elsewhere that localised restrictions are the way we’ll go. I doubt the whole country will reverse lockdown easing, unless it gets really bad.

Yes i would agree with that.  I can see localised controlled lockdowns of areas but cant see a full lockdown again.  Most sensible people wouldn't stand for it. 

Enzo Chiefo
9 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Yes i would agree with that.  I can see localised controlled lockdowns of areas but cant see a full lockdown again.  Most sensible people wouldn't stand for it. 

Especially with increased cases , thankfully, not feeding through to increased hospitalisations or deaths. In Spain, for example, from highs of 961 at it's peak, they have been reporting no more than 5 deaths a day for weeks now, despite the increased cases.  The vast majority of people now are reporting mild or no symptoms which is encouraging in terms of how the virus is behaving.

JudyJudyJudy
1 minute ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Especially with increased cases , thankfully, not feeding through to increased hospitalisations or deaths. In Spain, for example, from highs of 961 at it's peak, they have been reporting no more than 5 deaths a day for weeks now, despite the increased cases.  The vast majority of people now are reporting mild or no symptoms which is encouraging in terms of how the virus is behaving.

Yep. Ive read about Spain and it is encouraging stats.  Is the virus less virulent ? Dare we hope it is ?  The stats may indicate this. 

1 minute ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

I wonder how much of the increased cases are down to increased testing. During the peak, most folk with mild symptoms were just told to stay at home and not get tested which obviously skewed the figures. Testing seems fairly widespread now. 

jack D and coke
1 minute ago, weehammy said:

Altogether now.......

Scotland good, England bad,

Nicola good, Boris bad

Repeat....etc.

Won’t get that from me mate. 

1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

I wonder how much of the increased cases are down to increased testing. During the peak, most folk with mild symptoms were just told to stay at home and not get tested which obviously skewed the figures. Testing seems fairly widespread now. 

Seems obvious to me, maybe also add in that some of the most vulnerable have succumbed to the virus and maybe it is a bit less virulent then you would get what we're getting. More cases, lower hospital admissions and deaths.

2 minutes ago, graygo said:

Seems obvious to me, maybe also add in that some of the most vulnerable have succumbed to the virus and maybe it is a bit less virulent then you would get what we're getting. More cases, lower hospital admissions and deaths.

You have to add in that mass gatherings - football, concerts, etc are still not allowed, and may people are still apprehensive and limiting their trips outside.

14 minutes ago, graygo said:

Yeah all makes sense. There was an Italian doctor in one of the online papers the other week saying he reckoned the virus was weakening. Would be fantastic if that was the case. 

Edited by GinRummy

5 minutes ago, frankblack said:

You have to add in that mass gatherings - football, concerts, etc are still not allowed, and may people are still apprehensive and limiting their trips outside.

Yes but that wouldn't be part of why the figures are different now to how they were in June.

Nucky Thompson
1 hour ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

She made an erse of the Spain list. She should have followed the other 3 UK nations and kept them on the safe list when their numbers were low then took them off when their numbers were shooting up.

She put them on the safe list when their numbers were spiking and took them off 4 days later when the rest of the UK did.

She never had a clue what she was doing

11 minutes ago, graygo said:

Yes but that wouldn't be part of why the figures are different now to how they were in June.

As I posted yesterday, the data can be interpreted in different ways, taking account of all factors including better treatments for Covid in hospitals, more testing, resolving care home problems, plus other factors I haven't thought of.

The truth is we need more longer term analysis before these stats can be useful.

Jambo-Jimbo
38 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

She made an erse of the Spain list. She should have followed the other 3 UK nations and kept them on the safe list when their numbers were low then took them off when their numbers were shooting up.

She put them on the safe list when their numbers were spiking and took them off 4 days later when the rest of the UK did.

I beg to differ from your view.

Harry Potter
1 hour ago, weehammy said:

When I was younger a Wee Hammy was a wholehearted Hearts winger. Just saying. 🤫

Ha Ha 🙂

Jambo-Jimbo
7 minutes ago, jake said:

Germany seeing a fair amount of protests about covid.

Yeh, seen that yesterday, seems that it was a whole mixture of different groups, from anarchists to covid deniers to conspiracy nutjobs to people just out for a demo, it's what I'd call a Heinz demonstration, 57 different varieties of demonstrators.  :laugh:

Weakened Offender
2 hours ago, Cade said:

Dull yin for the emptheid experts that have been sharing their infinite wisdom about such matters on here. 😉

Nucky Thompson
17 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

I beg to differ from your view.

Which you're entitled to 

1 minute ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Yeh, seen that yesterday, seems that it was a whole mixture of different groups, from anarchists to covid deniers to conspiracy nutjobs to people just out for a demo, it's what I'd call a Heinz demonstration, 57 different varieties of demonstrators.  :laugh:

People just out for a demo 😄

Suppose it gets you oot the house.

Weakened Offender
59 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

😁😁😁😁😁

Nucky Thompson

UK positive cases 744 out 162,000 processed tests. That's 2 days in a row numbers have dropped :thumb:

Back to more easing in a fortnight hopefully 

Nucky Thompson
2 minutes ago, Weakened Offender said:

😁😁😁😁😁

Of course you don't agree with me :D

4 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

UK positive cases 744 out 162,000 processed tests. That's 2 days in a row numbers have dropped :thumb:

Back to more easing in a fortnight hopefully 

I think any more easing is going to be very limited from here on until a vaccine is available for mass use.

Weakened Offender
1 hour ago, weehammy said:

When I was younger a Wee Hammy was a wholehearted Hearts winger. Just saying. 🤫

Then you're old enough to know better. Your contributions on this thread are chronic. 

The Real Maroonblood
14 minutes ago, Weakened Offender said:

Dull yin for the emptheid experts that have been sharing their infinite wisdom about such matters on here. 😉

:greatpost:

The Real Maroonblood
3 minutes ago, Weakened Offender said:

Then you're old enough to know better. Your contributions on this thread are chronic. 

:lol:

Weakened Offender
9 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Of course you don't agree with me :D

Tbf, she missed a trick. If she'd waited a few more days it would have been a real card. 

15 minutes ago, Weakened Offender said:

There is plenty empty heid experts who have disagreed that have a scientific background that disagree with the mainstream views.

When did you become so believing of what you are told?

Had you down as someone who at least questioned it?

Nucky Thompson
6 minutes ago, frankblack said:

I think any more easing is going to be very limited from here on until a vaccine is available for mass use.

Probably, but hopefully they can implement the ones that were due yesterday.

There was meant to be fans at the snooker and 5k were meant to be at Glorious Goodwood yesterday

14 minutes ago, Weakened Offender said:

Tbf, she missed a trick. If she'd waited a few more days it would have been a real card. 

I agree, she would have been able to gloat forever if she had held firm.

Weakened Offender
Just now, graygo said:

I agree, she would have been able to gloat forever if she had held firm.

She's too classy to gloat and even if she wasn't, and she definitely is, getting one over the circus act down south is hardly worth gloating about. 😊

17 minutes ago, Weakened Offender said:

Yip, if she had ignored the pressure and kept Spain off the list she would have been shown to be totally correct. I do feel she gave in to public pressure for the first time in this crisis 

Nucky Thompson
2 minutes ago, Weakened Offender said:

She's too classy to gloat 

Come on man FFS, she's a politician at the end of the day :rofl:

Weakened Offender
8 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Come on man FFS, she's a politician at the end of the day :rofl:

She's a total ledge and a bit of a hottie. 😍

Nucky Thompson

I'm sure classy Nicola was gloating when Jo Swinson lost her seat to the SNP :lol:

The Nicola cult are fecking scary, unhealthy even

Weakened Offender
12 minutes ago, XB52 said:

Yip, if she had ignored the pressure and kept Spain off the list she would have been shown to be totally correct. I do feel she gave in to public pressure for the first time in this crisis 

There was a lot of pressure, particularly from the businesses who there threatening to pay people off. I don't think similar mistakes will happen. 

Weakened Offender
1 minute ago, Nucky Thompson said:

I'm sure classy Nicola was gloating when Jo Swinson lost her seat to the SNP :lol:

The Nicola cult are fecking scary, unhealthy even

Jo Swinson was a rancid, disgusting boot so any gloating in that instance was perfectly justified. 😎

Nucky Thompson
Just now, Weakened Offender said:

She's a total ledge and a bit of a hottie. 😍

Whatever turns you on mate.

I never had the hots for Jimmy Krankie growing up, Ian Krankie was probably more attractive :D

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )
  • JKBMod 12 featured, locked, unlocked and unfeatured this topic