Governor Tarkin
Just now, KyleLafferty said:

Another keyboard warrior ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

ย 

:D

ย 

Glad you took it the right way. ๐Ÿ‘

ย 

Too many folk on a thread about viral armageddon are way to serious.

• Replies 107.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just now, Enzo Chiefo said:

Unfortunately,ย  death rates are approx 1% each year.ย  That seems to have been forgotten about with the daily Covid reports and regular pronouncementsย 

ย 

Covid deaths in the USA were the highest yesterday since 20 May. Not regular deaths. Doesn't quite fit in with your 'fizzing out' theory.

OmiyaHearts
12 minutes ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

Intresting reading when we compare our death rate to countries of a similar population.

FB_IMG_1594880633516.jpg

Can't compare countries, there are so many factors in play. Especially how each country reports deaths.

ย 

Japan, for example, reports many Covid deaths as Pneumonia related.

Governor Tarkin
4 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

ย 

Don't be such a doom merchant. Thinking happy thoughts is all we need to keep this virus at bay.

ย 

giphy.gif

ย 

That's the spirit, Ray.

ย 

You should change your username to 'Ray of Sunshine' or some such like. ๐Ÿ‘

OmiyaHearts
12 minutes ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

Intresting reading when we compare our death rate to countries of a similar population.

FB_IMG_1594880633516.jpg

Can't compare countries, there are so many factors in play. Especially how each country reports deaths.

ย 

Japan, for example, reports many Covid deaths as Pneumonia related.

20 minutes ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

FB_IMG_1594880633516.jpg

Unfortunately our policies and mindsets are far too closely aligned to what happens across the border so we can't really compare with fully independent countries of a similar size.

Edited by DETTY29

The Real Maroonblood
11 minutes ago, OmiyaHearts said:

She was really happy yesterday. Especially with the shop being much busier too. Nero are struggling big time, so takes a bit of stress out the day,ย to see increased takings and people being kinder and sensible.

ย 

People need to be more aware the pressure that retail workers are under (not just retail btw). Jobs at risk, health at risk, enforcing distance rules, learing a new way to work etc.ย 

๐Ÿ‘

Governor Tarkin
12 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

:rofl:

What a fecking doom merchant eh. Jesus....

ย 

How's the heid this morning jD?

ย 

Availed myself of a hearty refreshment yesterday afternoon too. ๐Ÿค˜๐Ÿป

ย 

Samuel Camazzola
27 minutes ago, OmiyaHearts said:

Pleased to hear from my mrs that 99% of her customers have been wearing face masks, even though they aren't required. They opened for sit-in yesterday.

Customers also disposing of their own rubbish etc to make things easier. Overall, everyone seems to be making an effort to make workers feel safer. Only one customer had a go at her yesterday (because they didn't like disposable cutlery), a groundbreaking achievement.

ย 

To reply to the question in the posts above -ย I assume the reason for masks on public transport , supermarkets and not coffee shops/restaurants, is due to the distance rule being managed and enforcedย by staff indoors. This probably cannot be monitored as frequently on transport and bigger shops.

ย 

Fortunately, most people now are using a common sense approach and doing the right thing by wearing masks, making people feel safer in their place of work. A small gesture that makes a big difference.

No doubt a reason given surrounding the where and when to wear scenarios will be that transport and shops will be deemed 'essential services'. Bars, cafes, restaurants etc will be seen as places to visit 'through choice'.ย 

Enzo Chiefo
3 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

ย 

Covid deaths in the USA were the highest yesterday since 20 May. Not regular deaths. Doesn't quite fit in with your 'fizzing out' theory.

What is a regular death? How do you know they are not regular deaths?

The Real Maroonblood
4 minutes ago, Crete said:

Can people please stop throwing masks away in the streets put them in a bin or take them home.

As if thereโ€™s not enough litter lying about.

Sadly itโ€™ll be the same people doing this.

Matt Handcock to make an emergency statement today at 5pm on the coronavirus. Brace yourself for more confusion.

10 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

What is a regular death? How do you know they are not regular deaths?

ย 

In this context, a regular death is a non-Covid death. I know they are not non-Covid deaths because they are in the official figures as being Covid deaths.

ย 

ย 

Walter Bishop
4 minutes ago, Dannie Boy said:

Matt Handcock to make an emergency statement today at 5pm on the coronavirus. Brace yourself for more confusion.

Is this not to do with opening Leicester back up?ย 

The Real Maroonblood
6 minutes ago, Dannie Boy said:

Why wait until 5pm.

Governor Tarkin
8 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Why wait until 5pm.

ย 

Suspense.

SectionDJambo
53 minutes ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

FB_IMG_1594880633516.jpg

The bottom 2 there, with far better results than Scotland. Contrasting situations, with similar results.
New Zealand, not overly densely populated. Singapore, very heavily densely populated.

What did these countries do that we didnโ€™t?

They had the benefit of their own decision making, which you could argue Scotland didnโ€™t haveย at the start.ย 

Did they lockdown, wisely and quicker?

Do they have a better and more financedย ย health service?

Did they have a proper track and trace system?

Doย they have a population that does what their government asks them to do, at times like this, instead of arguing their right to ignore advice for their โ€œpersonal freedomโ€?

Whatever they did, maybe we could learn from them.

Samuel Camazzola
28 minutes ago, Crete said:

Can people please stop throwing masks away in the streets put them in a bin or take them home.

How do you know it's JKB members who are guilty of this? ๐Ÿ˜‰

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

The Real Maroonblood
13 minutes ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

How do you know it's JKB members who are guilty of this? ๐Ÿ˜‰

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

Spy in Hamilton.ย 

31 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Why wait until 5pm.

Update time. Trying to find more ways of confusing us.ย 
Just listen to the various ministers and the mixed messages about face masks in England. All over the place.ย 
One thing Sturgeon and the Professor are good at is putting out the message. Streets ahead of these clowns in Westminster.ย 

Ainsley Harriott
21 minutes ago, SectionDJambo said:

The bottom 2 there, with far better results than Scotland. Contrasting situations, with similar results.
New Zealand, not overly densely populated. Singapore, very heavily densely populated.

What did these countries do that we didnโ€™t?

They had the benefit of their own decision making, which you could argue Scotland didnโ€™t haveย at the start.ย 

Did they lockdown, wisely and quicker?

Do they have a better and more financedย ย health service?

Did they have a proper track and trace system?

Doย they have a population that does what their government asks them to do, at times like this, instead of arguing their right to ignore advice for their โ€œpersonal freedomโ€?

Whatever they did, maybe we could learn from them.

Maybe they have a Government more intrested in tackling the pandemic than grandstanding like both Boris and Nicola have done. The SNP have failed Scotlandย if you look at the performance of schools and hospitalsย over the last 10 years. Indepence was central to their manifesto and they can't even deliver that after 11 years in power.

The Real Maroonblood
1 minute ago, Dannie Boy said:

Update time. Trying to find more ways of confusing us.ย 
Just listen to the various ministers and the mixed messages about face masks in England. All over the place.ย 
One thing Sturgeon and the Professor are good at is putting out the message. Streets ahead of these clowns in Westminster.ย 

๐Ÿ‘

2 hours ago, Walter Bishop said:

I think if you look at Sweden you will see lockdown was wrong. Shielding of the elderly and those at risk should have been where the lockdown ended. Rest of us should have been allowed to get on with life.ย 

Sweden have said they failed their elderly though so its not right to portray them as a beacon of how things should have been done.

jack D and coke
1 hour ago, Governor Tarkin said:

ย 

How's the heid this morning jD?

ย 

Availed myself of a hearty refreshment yesterday afternoon too. ๐Ÿค˜๐Ÿป

ย 

Heid is fine bro๐Ÿ‘Œ๐Ÿผ
Slept in a tad this morning though hit that snooze once or twice more than I shouldโ€™ve๐Ÿ˜ด๐Ÿฅฑ

Might go for a couple tonight too.ย 

The Real Maroonblood
4 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

Heid is fine bro๐Ÿ‘Œ๐Ÿผ
Slept in a tad this morning though hit that snooze once or twice more than I shouldโ€™ve๐Ÿ˜ด๐Ÿฅฑ

:yas:

Great going to the doctors just now though had to take the wee one for his jags.Only one person in the waiting area and he was taken to get his jag from the nurse within 2 mins of entering the place.

John Gentleman
1 hour ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

FB_IMG_1594880633516.jpg

Where's the source for your figures? The Scottish government's numbers are below. Even then, 2490 deaths from 18373 postives is a very high mortality rate (13.5%) when compared to 'like' nations. Something's not right (could be me!).

ย 

Capture2.JPG

Jambo-Jimbo
1 hour ago, Crete said:

ย 

Judging by the mess some folks leave at the beach or the countryside, this was sadly always likely to happen.

ย 

Already a huge problem in Asia, and has been for many many months.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/coronavirus-masks-gloves-oceans-pollution-waste-a9469471.html

Enzo Chiefo

Sturgeon confirming only 700 people in Scotland are estimated to be infectious...0.0112% of the population. What time do the pubs open??๐Ÿบ

1 minute ago

Scottish Government update: 11 new positive cases across the country, and in the last 24 hours, one death has been registered.

Governor Tarkin
36 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

ย 

ย 

33 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

ย 

5 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Sturgeon confirming only 700 people in Scotland are estimated to be infectious...0.0112% of the population. What time do the pubs open??๐Ÿบ

ย 

This is just my opinion but I would thinkย gyms and pubs would be far more dangerous environments to spreadย Covid. In gyms, people are panting andย breathing heavily, touching equipment with sweaty hands etc...then you have swimming pools, saunas andย steam rooms and this sounds like a haven for such a virus.ย 
ย 

Pubs, folk are less likely to practice social distancing due to beIngย drunk, breathing heavier and they tend to be smaller, closer areas.ย 
ย 

Imo, I find it completely odd that they can make the face mask rules mandatory for supermarket and public transport but the above venues despite possibly being even more dangerous vectors for the virus re exempt. And you canโ€™t use the excuse that โ€œoh but it isnโ€™t convenient to wear a mask while drinking a pintโ€ well hold on theย now, how convenient is it wearing a mask on a scolding hot day on the bus?โ€

ย 

Sorry, but the rule is ****ing pointless and the above just proves that.ย 

JudyJudyJudy
4 hours ago, Walter Bishop said:

162 asymptomatic cases and deaths of people who have been ill forย along time? Dont think these deaths will have happened overnight as much as you would like them to have.ย 

ย 

ย 

Good point . Seems some people just want to distort stats to suit their own agenda.

Walter Bishop
55 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

Sweden have said they failed their elderly though so its not right to portray them as a beacon of how things should have been done.

So have we, yet some see Sturgeon as a beacon.ย 

Walter Bishop
23 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Infected or infectious?ย 

JudyJudyJudy
2 hours ago, Governor Tarkin said:

All that time spent searching the internet for negative stories could be better spent on masturbation.

ย 

Maybe the two are not mutually exclusive.

ย 

Who knows.

LOL. the NHS was not overwhelmed. Its that simple. One of my nieces is a nurse and she confirmed this.ย 

3 hours ago, jack D and coke said:

:facepalm:

Sorry man thought you meant you hadnโ€™t seen them because of the lockdown...

Don't worry about it, bud.ย  ๐Ÿ‘

My big Pal's Mum died at the weekend and it just made me think of my Maw and Da.ย 

My Maw died on my youngest Boy's 19th birthday, and my Da died just before he was born. If there's a God, his comedy act is fecking awful. The prick:D

ย 

ย 

ย 

Anyway, how's yersel? Did ye enjoy yer beers. I'm going for a carvery efter work the night, unless she changes it til Monday. ๐Ÿบ

Edited by ri Alban

JudyJudyJudy
1 hour ago, Governor Tarkin said:

ย 

Suspense.

Yep ! To increase the fear. Remind people that they have to be shit scared. People becoming too "blaise" or in my opinion weighing up the stats and making their own judgement of risk.ย 

JudyJudyJudy
1 hour ago, jack D and coke said:

Heid is fine bro๐Ÿ‘Œ๐Ÿผ

Yes how did your day go? Was the pub busy? Socially distanceย  ย in place ?ย 

JudyJudyJudy
27 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

ย 

ย 

ย 

That's an incredible stat...700 people infected ?ย  Out of a population of over 5 million ?

11 minutes ago, Walter Bishop said:

I agree whole of the UK has failed care homes.

Pasquale for King
47 minutes ago, John Gentleman said:

Where's the source for your figures? The Scottish government's numbers are below. Even then, 2490 deaths from 18373 postives is a very high mortality rate (13.5%) when compared to 'like' nations. Something's not right (could be me!).

ย 

Capture2.JPG

Iโ€™m sure Sturgeon has also said the 4K figure.ย Most are correct, so many variables to take into account. Denmark with 610 deaths from 14k cases could be because they are healthier as a population. These figures are put together in this manner to try and make the Scottish Government look bad.ย 

JudyJudyJudy

Im guessin that at the briefing at 5 he will say a city or region is on full lockdown. Only a guess. Could be anything.ย  It gets ratings...

Pasquale for King
13 minutes ago, Walter Bishop said:

Compared to BJ sheโ€™s like the Sun to a kiddies night light.ย 

2 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Im guessin that at the briefing at 5 he will say a city or region is on full lockdown. Only a guess. Could be anything.ย  It gets ratings...

Whats the chat with this.I dont keep up with things like i did before ?

Edited by vegas-voss

8 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

LOL. the NHS was not overwhelmed. Its that simple. One of my nieces is a nurse and she confirmed this.ย 

ย 

Emergency measures had to be taken.ย This includedย temporary hospitals in Glasgow, Cardiff, Belfast, Manchester, Birmingham and London, 20k former staff returning to work, 2500 extra critical care beds, 18700 nursing students and 5500 final year medics joining the workforce. Not to mention the 250k NHS volunteers delivering medicines.

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )
  • JKBMod 12 featured, locked, unlocked and unfeatured this topic