Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )

CJGJ

JudyJudyJudy
6 minutes ago, Natural Orders said:

“Living in fear” won’t kill you or others

the virus might 

I beg to differ . Living with the chronic anxiety of the last 4 months has led to people having serious  mental health issues , to almost suicide . There is also the impact of lack of physical exercise for those who have had to shield or socially iSolate as well as those with ongoing health conditions such as cancer who haven’t been seen by consultants etc due to CV . Unemployment caused by tr lockdown has caused family tensions and issues which may take a long time to heal. 

• Replies 107.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

I’ll level with you here....drink is more likely to kill me than corona virus😋😋

:thumbsup:

I totally get that.

jack D and coke
2 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

I beg to differ . Living with the chronic anxiety of the last 4 months has led to people having serious  mental health issues , to almost suicide . There is also the impact of lack of physical exercise for those who have had to shield or socially iSolate as well as those with ongoing health conditions such as cancer who haven’t been seen by consultants etc due to CV . Unemployment caused by tr lockdown has caused family tensions and issues which may take a long time to heal. 

People like that twit need to read this and then read it again. 
Well said pal👍🏼

Edited by jack D and coke

JudyJudyJudy
1 minute ago, jack D and coke said:

People like that twit need to read this and then read if again. 
Well said pal👍🏼

👍👍💯

The Real Maroonblood
23 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

I’ll level with you here....drink is more likely to kill me than corona virus😋😋

I’ll drink to that.

17 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

So what do you suggest? Pretend it doesn't exist? Maybe just say aw feck it let it run through the entire population unchecked? Let it overwhelm our medical resources then it's every man/woman/child for himself?

Funny that no nation states and their armies of experts have contemplated that as a sane option isn't it? Maybe you have an even better one these idiots haven't thought of?

Nucky Thompson
19 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

People like that twit need to read this and then read it again. 
Well said pal👍🏼

Totally agree JD. The twit is tedious 

Jambo-Jimbo
23 minutes ago, Natural Orders said:

“Living in fear” won’t kill you or others

the virus might 

Utter bollocks.

It's well known and documented that stress and worry can and does lead to many conditions both mental & physical & kills many many people, in fact stress will kill more people than covid will, be that the stress from panicking and being shit scared over the virus or the worry & stress of the loss of jobs, relationships or your home.

Nucky Thompson
3 minutes ago, JFK-1 said:

So what do you suggest? 

Take some precautions and weigh up the risks and I'm sure most savvy people will be fine.

Hiding in your house like a quivering wreck, terrified, can't be good for your mental health

1 minute ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Take some precautions and weigh up the risks and I'm sure most savvy people will be fine.

Hiding in your house like a quivering wreck, terrified, can't be good for your mental health

Wow, you should have got in contact with those idiot experts right at the beginning with this profound wisdom. What a lot of trouble you would have saved.

Because they're so stupid they think over half a million would have been dead in the UK without the lockdown. Over 3 million across Europe. And there was you sitting on a betetr solution all the time. What idiots they and their dimwitted experts are.

Enzo Chiefo
7 minutes ago, JFK-1 said:

Wow, you should have got in contact with those idiot experts right at the beginning with this profound wisdom. What a lot of trouble you would have saved.

Because they're so stupid they think over half a million would have been dead in the UK without the lockdown. Over 3 million across Europe. And there was you sitting on a betetr solution all the time. What idiots they and their dimwitted experts are.

Their fag packet calculations were proven to be garbage. Miles off the mark. They modelled them in Sweden, where no lockdown applied,  and they were out by a factor of about 20. The main source of infections in the UK were in care homes, hospitals etc..places that weren't locked down. 

Now, they are at it again with talk of 120k deaths in winter. It's in their interests to keep the scaremongering going of course. Not even a prediction but a mere possibility. Why the BBC even give them the time of day is beyond most of us. In more breaking news, there is a possibility of a nuclear attack in the UK. I predict millions will be affected and the hospitals could be overwhelmed. 

Pasquale for King
8 hours ago, graygo said:

Why in a shop and as of tomorrow not in a pub?

You have to wear one when you go to the toilet in the pub.

Enzo Chiefo
56 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

giphy.gif?cid=82a1493b9f02b1c5c97e54b16c

Cheers Jack. Will be great to get back to the pub at the weekend and see some proper jugs again. 🍺

Enzo Chiefo
2 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

You have to wear one when you go to the toilet in the pub.

A face nappy?

3 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Their fag packet calculations were proven to be garbage. Miles off the mark. They modelled them in Sweden, where no lockdown applied,  and they were out by a factor of about 20. The main source of infections in the UK were in care homes, hospitals etc..places that weren't locked down. 

Now, they are at it again with talk of 120k deaths in winter. It's in their interests to keep the scaremongering going of course. Not even a prediction but a mere possibility. Why the BBC even give them the time of day is beyond most of us. In more breaking news, there is a possibility of a nuclear attack in the UK. I predict millions will be affected and the hospitals could be overwhelmed. 

You're truly laughable. Tell me all about this 'fag packet' calculation. Show me the study which negates that figure. You wont because you're talking out of your arse. Whereas I on the other hand can post a link to the study. But let's have your evidence of this 'fag packet' utter shite.

Enzo Chiefo
1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

We can reopen the border for everyone to celebrate the festive period 😜.

And let the food supplies through again

Governor Tarkin
1 hour ago, jack D and coke said:

The biggest risk is living your life in fear. 
Pubs are open tomorrow. 
Ya dancer🍺🕺🏼

tenor.gif

Enzo Chiefo
Just now, JFK-1 said:

You're truly laughable. Tell me all about this 'fag packet' calculation. Show me the study which negates that figure. You wont because you're talking out of your arse. Whereas I on the other hand can post a link to the study. But let's have your evidence of this 'fag packet' utter shite.

Ferguson predicted 44k deaths in Sweden by the start of May, without a lockdown.  In the event, there were 2500ish. 

Just now, Enzo Chiefo said:

Ferguson predicted 44k deaths in Sweden by the start of May, without a lockdown.  In the event, there were 2500ish. 

What shite are you talking now? Who the feck is Ferguson? Some tit on youtube? 

I have been working from home throughout this since mid-March. 

Something I was think about earlier tho. As people start to go back into the office environment over the next couple of months, what are companies going to do when we get into November/December time and people start getting the cold/flu?.

The symptoms of CV are so similar to that of common cold in terms of sore throat, temperature, headaches etc; are offices going to have to shut down every time someone calls in sick with a cold?. At least until they have had a CV test and been found negative?.

Surely that would be unworkable in larger office environments.

Governor Tarkin
1 hour ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

:greatpost:

🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺

0883fad7a4db211bfef093cddb41fe10.gif

Auld Reekin'
5 hours ago, Cade said:

Folk posting pictures of cut-up Tory Party membership cards, screenshots of unsubscribing from the Tory Party and mentioning Sharia Law and muzzles.

:cornette:

Some people's minds have totally slipped during these last 100 days.

These folk probably had a great head-start when it comes to mind slippage, however.

Enzo Chiefo
1 minute ago, JFK-1 said:

What shite are you talking now? Who the feck is Ferguson? Some tit on youtube? 

Neil Ferguson at Imperial College. At least avail yourself of the facts if you're using his studies to boost your argument.  It was 60m × 80% (infection rate) × 1% (death rate) = 480k deaths. Fag packet scaremongering.  Thing is he was also miles out on SARS, Foot & Mouth, Bird Flu etc etc.

Willie Hamilton genius
4 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Ferguson predicted. 400,000 deaths of mad cow disease

There were less than 5000

He has similar stats for at least 2 other pandemics, so your point is what?

Governor Tarkin
34 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

7 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Cheers Jack. Will be great to get back to the pub at the weekend and see some proper jugs again. 🍺

Steady on, lads. A team of experts using science have predicted that if you allow your guard to drop and go to the pub you're definately probably most likely going to die. At the very least you'll be murdering your elderly relatives.

Enzo Chiefo
Just now, Willie Hamilton genius said:

Ferguson predicted. 400,000 deaths of mad cow disease

There were less than 5000

He has similar stats for at least 2 other pandemics, so your point is what?

He's a clown?

Neil Ferguson at Imperial College. At least avail yourself of the facts if you're using his studies to boost your argument.  It was 60m × 80% (infection rate) × 1% (death rate) = 480k deaths. Fag packet scaremongering.  Thing is he was also miles out on SARS, Foot & Mouth, Bird Flu etc etc.

You're still not telling anyone how some unqualified non entity on a forum can negate these studies. Which I have never seen connected to any Ferguson. Where was your research carried out?

Or does it amount to just opening your mouth and babbling about fag packets? I suspect it does.

Enzo Chiefo
4 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Steady on, lads. A team of experts using science have predicted that if you allow your guard to drop and go to the pub you're definately probably most likely going to die. At the very least you'll be murdering your elderly relatives.

Would a full suit of body armour reduce the risk Guvnor? Might make it difficult to reach the wallet though😎

Enzo Chiefo
7 minutes ago, JFK-1 said:

You're still not telling anyone how some unqualified non entity on a forum can negate these studies. Which I have never seen connected to any Ferguson. Where was your research carried out?

Or does it amount to just opening your mouth and babbling about fag packets? I suspect it does.

So much faith in some scientist you don't know the name of, who has consistently made wildly inaccurate and misleading predictions.  We don't need a "counter" study.Real life, events and facts have proved it to be bull***t.

Walter Bishop
10 minutes ago, JFK-1 said:

Jesus Christ, You really are a know all knobhead. Just because people arent shitting themselves like you clearly are, it doesnt mean you can have a go at anyone who posts something you dont like. 

Walter Bishop
1 minute ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

So much faith in some scientist you don't know the name of, who has consistently made wildly inaccurate and misleading predictions.  We don't need a "counter" study.Real life, events and facts have proved it to be bull***t.

Ignore him, You are wasting your time.

If only Imperial college`s Neil Ferguson, some non-entity youtuber, had listened to JFK-1 from Kickback. :cornette:

2 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Yeah, exactly as I thought, absolutely nothing to negate anything but your unqualified babble. That's not research.

Incidentally the head researcher on the study is Dr Seth Flaxman. Someone who actually does conduct research. Shade more credible than a babbler pulling shite out of their arse.

Enzo Chiefo
1 minute ago, Walter Bishop said:

Ignore him, You are wasting your time.

If only Imperial college`s Neil Ferguson, some non-entity youtuber, had listened to JFK-1 from Kickback. :cornette:

Yes, you're right Walter. 👍

6 minutes ago, Walter Bishop said:

Jesus Christ, You really are a know all knobhead. Just because people arent shitting themselves like you clearly are, it doesnt mean you can have a go at anyone who posts something you dont like. 

Jesus Christ you really are a know nothing tit. Just because people are listening to expert advice firstly does not mean they're shitting themselves, and secondly dosn't mean they should ignoring that advice while listening to the utter shite babbled by some non entity on an internet forum.

Unknown user
23 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

That was what would happen if the nation didn't go into lock down wasn't it?

So how is it relevant to go "look, he was talking shit with the numbers!" when we did go into lock down?

Enzo Chiefo
4 minutes ago, JFK-1 said:

Yeah, exactly as I thought, absolutely nothing to negate anything but your unqualified babble. That's not research.

Incidentally the head researcher on the study is Dr Seth Flaxman. Someone who actually does conduct research. Shade more credible than a babbler pulling shite out of their arse.

You're boring me now. It's useful idiots like you that govt/scientific propaganda is aimed at.

You're boring me now. It's useful idiots like you that govt/scientific propaganda is aimed at.

Yes i'm sure I am boring you. Being exposed as an idiot babbling straight out of your arse is hardly invigorating.

You're a simple minded conspiracy nut and not even an impressive specimen of the breed. 

Enzo Chiefo
2 minutes ago, Smithee said:

So how is it relevant to go "look, he was talking shit with the numbers!" when we did go into lock down?

His modelling was applied in Sweden where no lockdown took place. 44k predicted deaths against 2.5k in reality. His previous track record has been appalling and led to the unecessary slaughtering of millions of cattle during the Foot & Mouth

Enzo Chiefo
Just now, JFK-1 said:

Yes i'm sure I am boring you. Being exposed as an idiot babbling straight out of your arse is hardly invigorating.

You're a simple minded conspiracy nut and not even an impressive specimen of the breed. 

You're clearly a closet Trump voter. Clear off.

4 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Well it thinks a team of highly qualified experts sat down in a lab with a fag packet and got to work apparently. Well you get the picture. LOL

You're clearly a closet Trump voter. Clear off.

Well that exposes your stupidity even further. LOL

JudyJudyJudy
45 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

We can reopen the border for everyone to celebrate the festive period 😜.

Why not ! 

Unknown user
2 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

His modelling was applied in Sweden where no lockdown took place. 44k predicted deaths against 2.5k in reality. His previous track record has been appalling and led to the unecessary slaughtering of millions of cattle during the Foot & Mouth

I'll ignore the sidestep.

The figures you quoted to prove he's talking shit were figures to show what would happen if we didn't lock down, correct?

Governor Tarkin
8 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:

😅 great reading isn't it!

Fair lifted me from my covid malaise, so it has.

JudyJudyJudy
1 hour ago, JFK-1 said:

So what do you suggest? Pretend it doesn't exist? Maybe just say aw feck it let it run through the entire population unchecked? Let it overwhelm our medical resources then it's every man/woman/child for himself?

Funny that no nation states and their armies of experts have contemplated that as a sane option isn't it? Maybe you have an even better one these idiots haven't thought of?

Nope I felt the lockdown was the right thing to do , albeit a week or so earlier . How ever u think That most experts would think again about another lockdown due to the harm it would do , which me and  Co others have  already mentioned . It’s a balancing act . I doubt very much that the general population could stand another lockdown if there was a second wave ( there won’t be ) . So if you feel safer living in your house so be it , I am out and about now and enjoying myself and feeling less anxious , more happy and relaxed . 

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )
  • JKBMod 12 featured, locked, unlocked and unfeatured this topic