Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )

CJGJ

Jambo-Jimbo
1 hour ago, JFK-1 said:

Smacks almost of tempting fate doesn't it.

Screen-Shot-2020-07-10-at-2.27.09-PM.jpg

There was another guy in the states, even worse than the above guy, IIRC he posted that covid was fake news, all a ploy by the deep state, get our states open, MAGA etc etc etc, all that pish.

Well he died from covid as well, wasn't until he was on his death bed until he realised that he'd made a huge mistake.

Not sure where he came from, Michigan, Ohio maybe. 

• Replies 107.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Салатные палочки
1 hour ago, been here before said:

Unless youve just run 100 yards faster than Usain Bolt no-ones normal breathing is like that.

Unless you're puffed out from cleaning windows in Hamilton with your tounge.

😆

Салатные палочки

Saw a woman with a "Face Mask Exempt" badge today. I need to get a hold of one of them. 

The Real Maroonblood
28 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

There was another guy in the states, even worse than the above guy, IIRC he posted that covid was fake news, all a ploy by the deep state, get our states open, MAGA etc etc etc, all that pish.

Well he died from covid as well, wasn't until he was on his death bed until he realised that he'd made a huge mistake.

https://metro.co.uk/2020/04/21/anti-lockdown-protester-branded-covid-19-political-ploy-killed-coronavirus-12588467/amp/

Is this the one?

Jambo-Jimbo
13 minutes ago, Salad Fingers said:

Saw a woman with a "Face Mask Exempt" badge today. I need to get a hold of one of them. 

A badge to let everybody know a person's status.............now where have I seen something like that before.

been here before
1 minute ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

A badge to let everybody know a person's status.............now where have I seen something like that before.

100s of Millions of people at work wearing them? Or are we thinking of something a little more hysterical?

Governor Tarkin

Giving dead folk the internet 'we told you so, not so smart now eh' treatment is a bit shite tbh.

Still, gotta score those points while they're there to be had I suppose.

Jambo-Jimbo
2 minutes ago, been here before said:

100s of Millions of people at work wearing them? Or are we thinking of something a little more hysterical?

I'm thinking that nobody should need to prove that they are exempt or not.

Why does she feel the need to tell everyone that she's exempt, unless of course she's fearful that if she doesn't she might get a pile of abuse.

manaliveits105
45 minutes ago, Salad Fingers said:

there’s plenty women about 

Салатные палочки
8 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

there’s plenty women about 

:laugh2: that did sound a bit rapey. 

43 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Giving dead folk the internet 'we told you so, not so smart now eh' treatment is a bit shite tbh.

Still, gotta score those points while they're there to be had I suppose.

Hopefully it will stop other idiots from adopting the same attitude. 

1 hour ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Americans are patently literally suicidally partisan when it comes to following the crazed pronouncements of Trump and the Republican party. I sometimes think they don't deep down truly believe the craziness. But they feel they have to at least say they do to portray their support as remotely rational.

Jambo-Jimbo
5 minutes ago, JFK-1 said:

Americans are patently literally suicidally partisan when it comes to following the crazed pronouncements of Trump and the Republican party. I sometimes think they don't deep down truly believe the craziness. But they feel they have to at least say they do to portray their support as remotely rational.

Peer pressure might also play a part, in an effort to fit in, get on and have an easy time, some will just go along with it all, without believing all the shit.

1 minute ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Peer pressure might also play a part, in an effort to fit in, get on and have an easy time, some will just go along with it all, without believing all the shit.

Next question is, does Trump truly believe it? Is he so far gone down the rabbit hole he truly thinks he only has to say something and it becomes reality.

This is what happened to Hitler and the Nazis in the final days. They thought they only had to believe hard enough and they could still win a war with the enemy coming through the gates on the ground and bombing them into the dust from the air day and night.

Governor Tarkin
29 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

Hopefully it will stop other idiots from adopting the same attitude. 

Dinae kid yourself that that's why you posted it.

Jambo-Jimbo
7 minutes ago, JFK-1 said:

Next question is, does Trump truly believe it? Is he so far gone down the rabbit hole he truly thinks he only has to say something and it becomes reality.

This is what happened to Hitler and the Nazis in the final days. They thought they only had to believe hard enough and they could still win a war with the enemy coming through the gates on the ground and bombing them into the dust from the air day and night.

Trump only believes what's in his head, I don't think he trusts or believes what anybody tells him.

32 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Dinae kid yourself that that's why you posted it.

Dinnae claim to know why I do anything. 

Governor Tarkin
2 hours ago, Ray Gin said:

Dinnae claim to know why I do anything. 

As long as we're agreed. 👍

Harry Potter
On 11/07/2020 at 08:43, OBE said:

The alleged safe distancing was meant to be adhered to in supermarkets and the like, some complied, some didn't. As I've mentioned before, some folk are not deliberately being non-compliant, they're just a bit scatty...:wacko2:

Some folk have trouble shutting a garden gate and putting pizza boxes down a communal waste chute

and blocking it, clueless comes to mind.😒.

The point of masks is not to totally stop the virus particles.

It's to prevent the virus being spread as far. 

This is why we have the distancing rules.

The virus travels in the moisture droplets that you exhale, the mask stops most of those and any that do make it don't travel very far.

Yes, you should not be touching the mask then touching surfaces as this will transmit the virus, but then so would touching your naked face then touching surfaces.

Wear a mask, keep a distance and wash yer hands.

At the shops yesterday.

All had masks on.

But why the workers?

Uncomfortable and harmful to wear for hours on end.

And the type they use are meant to be disposed after 2 hours.

That's not good for their health .

The workers haven't been wearing them for months and as far as I can tell shop workers have not been adversely affected even at the height of the pandemic.

2 hours ago, Marty Byrde said:

upload_2020-5-5_21-14-34-jpeg.752352

No idea if that's right or wrong.

One thing that's essential from the get go is look into who the hell is 'Doc Graham'. I could write anything at all about masks or the virus in general then post it. While calling myself Doc Holliday and proclaiming I know more about viruses than anybody else on the planet.

Aside from Trump of course who knows more about everything than anybody else knows about anything.

At this point, the CDC still lists masks as one of the best protection tools against the coronavirus So who do we take seriously? A known professional respected body or some unknown on the internet calling themselves 'Doc Graham'?

The Real Maroonblood
1 minute ago, JFK-1 said:

One thing that's essential from the get go is look into who the hell is 'Doc Graham'. I could write anything at all about masks or the virus in general then post it. While calling myself Doc Holliday and proclaiming I know more about viruses than anybody else on the planet.

Aside from Trump of course who knows more about everything than anybody else knows about anything.

At this point, the CDC still lists masks as one of the best protection tools against the coronavirus So who do we take seriously? A known professional respected body or some unknown on the internet calling themselves 'Doc Graham'?

There are a few “Doc Graham” types on Kickback.

21 minutes ago, JFK-1 said:

Is anything "doc graham" say not factual in regards to good practice and particle sizes ?

Not up to date with US advice but how is it that during the height of cases no mandatory mask wearing was required ?

I wear one by the way and always have to the shops.

The mask I wear to the shop I wouldn't be allowed to wear when performing cutting operations at work.

That would require a 3m grade to prevent the dust particles and a tight face fit.

So its understandably hard to believe that a virus will be prevented from travelling through a mask that's generally designed for a sterile atmosphere.

As you say we have to trust what we are told.

But we also have to question it.

Not you but the nippy responses from some who mix their capital letters to slag off those who do are ....nippy

😄

15 minutes ago, jake said:

Is anything "doc graham" say not factual in regards to good practice and particle sizes ?

I don't know, but as I said i'm not going to even look at anything posted by some unknown doc anybody at all as a claim regarding masks etc for the pandemic.

I will take seriously what the CDC or the likes of Dr Fauci who has known bonafide credentials have to say.

White House health advisor Dr. Anthony Fauci said he has “no doubt” that Americans who aren’t wearing face masks, especially in large crowds, are increasing the risk of spreading the coronavirus. 

So if it comes to a choice between 'Doc Graham' and Dr Fauci I will opt for Fauci.

8 minutes ago, JFK-1 said:

I don't know, but as I said i'm not going to even look at anything posted by some unknown doc anybody at all as a claim regarding masks etc for the pandemic.

I will take seriously what the CDC or the likes of Dr Fauci who has known bonafide credentials have to say.

So if it comes to a choice between 'Doc Graham' and Dr Fauci I will opt for Fauci.

That's fair enough and I also follow the official advice.

Incidentally the WHO and the surgeon general along with Dr Fauci all said at the height of the pandemic that face masks were not a defence .

And advised there was no need to wear them.

That advice was also given by holyrood and westminster.

40 minutes ago, jake said:

Not up to date with US advice but how is it that during the height of cases no mandatory mask wearing was required ?

The mask I wear to the shop I wouldn't be allowed to wear when performing cutting operations at work.

That would require a 3m grade to prevent the dust particles and a tight face fit.

So its understandably hard to believe that a virus will be prevented from travelling through a mask that's generally designed for a sterile atmosphere.

Not you but the nippy responses from some who mix their capital letters to slag off those who do are ....nippy

😄

The height of cases in the USA was today.

4 minutes ago, jonesy said:

But didn’t you see TwitPatrol-in-Lanarkshire’s highly informative info graphic a few posts back? It clearly demonstrated that face masks are the solution to all our problems. 

I'm afraid the mask issue seems to be political.

Just now, jake said:

I'm afraid the mask issue seems to be political.

Is it political in all 120 countries that recommend wearing masks or just in the UK?

3 minutes ago, jake said:

That's fair enough and I also follow the official advice.

Incidentally the WHO and the surgeon general along with Dr Fauci all said at the height of the pandemic that face masks were not a defence .

And advised there was no need to wear them.

That advice was also given by holyrood and westminster.

I think that at this stage the major objective is still to contain the virus, limit it's spread. And apparently that's what the masks do.

It can take 2 weeks for symptoms to show. If someone is walking around unknowingly carrying it to my knowledge what the experts are saying is that a mask helps save others from being infected by that person.

Thus limiting the spread and pre vaccine that's probably pretty much all we can do.

36 minutes ago, jake said:

😄

I'm no 'doc graham', but I'd hazard a guess that humans coughing or sneezing are not spraying out single virus particles, but rather droplets and globules of bodily fluids which may contain some virus particles. I'd also hazard a guess that a lot of those droplets and globules are large enough to be stopped by a mask. 

Well latest news from down south is that masks will not be compulsory in shops

So the split starts to widen as to the the right approach to take

Nicola will be under more pressure now as to her and her medical professionals stance ..if it was not so serious it would be interesting to see if England has taken the right approach re voluntary or compulsory

Just now, JFK-1 said:

I think that at this stage the major objective is still to contain the virus, limit it's spread. And apparently that's what the masks do.

It can take 2 weeks for symptoms to show. If someone is walking around unknowingly carrying it to my knowledge what the experts are saying is that a mask helps save others from being infected by that person.

Thus limiting the spread and pre vaccine that's probably pretty much all we can do.

Like I said I've always worn one to the shops.

Respect and all that.

Doesnt mean I wont question things and I do have concerns as you would expect from me given other subjects I've posted on.

Cannae fekin help masel 😄

2 minutes ago, Lemongrab said:

I'm no 'doc graham', but I'd hazard a guess that humans coughing or sneezing are not spraying out single virus particles, but rather droplets and globules of bodily fluids which may contain some virus particles. I'd also hazard a guess that a lot of those droplets and globules are large enough to be stopped by a mask. 

That's a good point mate and one that's been made to me from my better half .

4 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

Is it political in all 120 countries that recommend wearing masks or just in the UK?

Think it's more political in the US to be honest.

But the same arguments are being had in European countries as much as I can tell from social media friends I have.

Not a great barometer I admit.

But we are not much different to other peoples in other countries.

been here before
1 hour ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

There are a few “Doc Graham” types on Kickback.

I like the few Doc Graham Kickback Experts In Everything. There's a hardcore of around 12-15 of them and they never fail to disappoint.

6 minutes ago, Lemongrab said:

This close-up view of a sneeze filmed at 2000 frames per second (duration 0.25 sec) shows it’s a hot, moist, turbulent gas cloud containing air and mucosalivary droplets that travel as far as 26 feet (7-8 meters) .

Pretty gross sight, but still,  not being any 'Doc Graham' either I would still hazard a guess that a mask would trap the bulk of this.

3 minutes ago, jake said:

Think it's more political in the US to be honest.

But the same arguments are being had in European countries as much as I can tell from social media friends I have.

Not a great barometer I admit.

But we are not much different to other peoples in other countries.

I live in Oklahoma and I can assure you the British are nothing like Americans when it comes to listening to advice. We're all aware that Trump in particular has talked the most idiotic and dangerous nonsense from the outset.

But Trump fans will still listen and act on it no matter how absurd. Despite all the mockery and criticism Boris Johnson gets he can still be taken seriously.

Would he have an iota of credibility if he had suggested drinking/injecting dettol might be an answer? My opinion is that he would have been branded not just an idiot but a total lunatic. He would have become a political laughing stock overnight. Career over.

In the US that's just another day in Trump land. The wackos continue to whoop like seals at his every vacuous word. Something on the Trump level of stupidity could not survive in British politics.

And there lies just one difference between the British and US populations.

15 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

Nicola will be under more pressure now as to her and her medical professionals stance ..if it was not so serious it would be interesting to see if England has taken the right approach re voluntary or compulsory

They are compulsory in 120 countries. Why is it Nicola who's under more pressure and not Boris? England is faring worse than Scotland.

The Real Maroonblood
21 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

Johnson should be under more pressure. 

2 minutes ago, JFK-1 said:

I live in Oklahoma and I can assure you the British are nothing like Americans when it comes to listening to advice. We're all aware that Trump in particular has talked the most idiotic and dangerous nonsense from the outset.

But Trump fans will still listen and act on it no matter how absurd. Despite all the mockery and criticism Boris Johnson gets he can still be taken seriously.

Would he have an iota of credibility if he had suggested drinking/injecting dettol might be an answer? My opinion is that he would have been branded not just an idiot but a total lunatic. He would have become a political laughing stock overnight. Career over.

In the US that's just another day in Trump land. The wackos continue to whoop like seals at his every vacuous word. Something on the Trump level of stupidity could not survive in British politics.

And there lies just one difference between the British and US populations.

Well you live there so you will know better.

Plenty roasters over here inaw though.

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )
  • JKBMod 12 featured, locked, unlocked and unfeatured this topic