Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )

CJGJ

highlandjambo3

When is the face mask rule in shops in play?  Sorry I’ve stopped following all the news coverage a while back.

• Replies 107.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, highlandjambo3 said:

When is the face mask rule in shops in play?  Sorry I’ve stopped following all the news coverage a while back.

Friday

23 minutes ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

Coming home there were day 10 on top deck, 3 youths, blokes about 30 and 50 didn’t have masks.

actually went to take snaps for @Natural Orders but mrs F told me to behave

To reduce the transmission with face coverings, it needs a very high percentage to subscribe.

The 25-50% on that bus, cattle trucks are to good for them

1 hour ago, Natural Orders said:

Let’s hope fines start getting handed out from Friday 

No, let's hope people who are not exempt from wearing masks wear them.

The difference is probably too subtle for you.

Edited by graygo

Jambo 4 Ever
Just now, graygo said:

No, let's hope people who are not exempt from wearing masks wear them.

yes that too

I'm talking about the selfish twits who don't wear them 

King prawn
18 hours ago, Morgan said:

Alim?

I’m not into having a slanging match with anyone on here.  And, definitely not with you, no reason to.

My point was, it’s working well here, it’s working well in Italy.  We put them on upon entering a shop, sanitise our hands at the door, do our shopping, and leave.  Off with the masks until the next shop.  It’s not really a big deal.

It’s more tedious having to do one’s hands all the time, than it is to pull up a mask for a wee while.

And, aye, I know they have a job to do.

Same here. Put it on when I’m in a shop, on the metro or in a very busy street. 

King prawn
3 hours ago, davemclaren said:

Lucky we don’t have many hot days in this country. Friends abroad, with more rigorous enforcement, say it’s very uncomfortable in the heat, even with air conditioning in buses and shops. 

This is true Dave. A mask in 38 degrees really is unpleasant. I’m lucky I can avoid using one unless I’m somewhere busy but I really feel for those who must wear one whilst working in this heat. 

8 hours ago, AlimOzturk said:

There was 16 deaths yesterday 350 new cases. The virus is well under control now and regional lockdowns where break outs of the virus will be common. The country in now in a position to move forward and that is what is happening. 

155 deaths recorded in last 24 hours?  Under control?

8 minutes ago, Gards said:

155 deaths recorded in last 24 hours?  Under control?

State borders in Australia getting closed off for less.

Edit: not even less deaths but less infection cases than that number of deaths 

Edited by graygo

4 hours ago, davemclaren said:

Lucky we don’t have many hot days in this country. Friends abroad, with more rigorous enforcement, say it’s very uncomfortable in the heat, even with air conditioning in buses and shops. 

Some masks are uncomfortable in the heat, and others are just fine.

We find the disposable ones are fine and light feeling for extended use, like a train journey.  The thicker, washable ones are a bit uncomfortable (as in a wee bit tricky to breathe) but it’s usually just a few minutes in a shop, so we put up with it.

Wee warning:  Don’t suck extra strong mints or use strong chewing gum, whilst wearing a mask!  Unless of course, you like your eyes streaming with tears.  :) 

davemclaren
1 minute ago, Morgan said:

Some masks are uncomfortable in the heat, and others are just fine.

We find the disposable ones are fine and light feeling for extended use, like a train journey.  The thicker, washable ones are a bit uncomfortable (as in a wee bit tricky to breathe) but it’s usually just a few minutes in a shop, so we put up with it.

Wee warning:  Don’t suck extra strong mints or use strong chewing gum, whilst wearing a mask!  Unless of course, you like your eyes streaming with tears.  :) 

My glasses steam up wearing one. Only been in a shop once since late March so not much of an inconvenience, yet. 

3 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

My glasses steam up wearing one. 

They also make your ears all bendy and your hair stick out!

davemclaren
Just now, Morgan said:

They also make your ears all bendy and your hair stick out!

No-one will notice that with me. 

Just now, davemclaren said:

No-one will notice that with me. 

You’ve no ears?

Nucky Thompson
21 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

My glasses steam up wearing one. 

Breathing through your nose helps

23 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

My glasses steam up wearing one. Only been in a shop once since late March so not much of an inconvenience, yet. 

fold a bit of bog roll and put it on your nose with the mask over it. that should stop or at least reduce the steaming up of your specs

11 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Breathing through your nose helps

It doesn't for me, I find while wearing any face mask, breathing through your mouth with your open makes all the difference if, loke me, you, wear glasses. Breathing through my nose with a face mask makes misting much worse.

Wouldn't be shocked if the UK government weren't revealing the true number of new cases. They can't afford for the economy to stay down

Jambo-Jimbo
4 hours ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

I’m sure it’s got worse since it was announced that it would be mandatory.

You’re not telling me what to do attitude.

I'm seeing more & more people wearing masks, who think because they are 'protected' they don't need to bother with social distancing anymore.

A false sense of security is what I'm seeing from a few folks.

55 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:

I thought that was spelt with an "a"!!

Ah!  Jimbo in Hamilton.

Francis Albert
29 minutes ago, Jeff said:

Wouldn't be shocked if the UK government weren't revealing the true number of new cases. They can't afford for the economy to stay down

Few of us can afford the economy to stay down.

But go with paranoia.

1 hour ago, Cade said:

Bolsonaro tests positive.

Prick.

I know it’s not nice to say but, he kind of deserves it.

frankblack
5 minutes ago, Morgan said:

Just got Trump to go and we have the hat-trick of arsehole political leaders, whose countries have had some of the worst death rates per population.

Edited by frankblack

Nucky Thompson
42 minutes ago, Jeff said:

I doubt it. Not with all the obsessive nut jobs scrutinising their every move.

All roads lead to Gorgie

I was listening to someone who makes their own masks on the radio and she suggested drying out some unscented baby wipes( unused obviously 🙂)and putting one inside a washable mask. It gives a extra lair of protection and I would think it might soak up your breath also and stop misting up glasses. 

Not my idea but it sounded worth a try!

The Real Maroonblood
58 minutes ago, Morgan said:

:laugh:

The Real Maroonblood
1 hour ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

I'm seeing more & more people wearing masks, who think because they are 'protected' they don't need to bother with social distancing anymore.

A false sense of security is what I'm seeing from a few folks.

You just hope common sense prevails.

I know that’s asking a lot.

Jambo-Jimbo
11 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

You just hope common sense prevails.

I know that’s asking a lot.

It seems to me, that for some at least, fairy dust is in a far greater supply, than the old common sense. 😄

Does anyone work in a large office environment? Any news from companies on when they are planning to get people back into the office?

The Real Maroonblood
7 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

It seems to me, that for some at least, fairy dust is in a far greater supply, than the old common sense. 😄

Exactly.

At Aldi’s just now and there’s only about a third of people shopping with masks on. Some people just don’t give a dam 

2 minutes ago, TheOak88 said:

Does anyone work in a large office environment? Any news from companies on when they are planning to get people back into the office?

I would think most businesses who have found they can get away not using large offices will be planning to do so in the future. 

Just now, Dannie Boy said:

At Aldi’s just now and there’s only about a third of people shopping with masks on. Some people just don’t give a dam 

It isn’t mandatory yet so why should they ?

6 minutes ago, TheOak88 said:

Nothing from our office for a couple of months at least.  Currently based on the 2m social distancing our office is only looking like 30% capacity - which makes it quite an administrative overhead.  Plus folks are concerned about public transport to get to the office.

I reckon October/November before we start looking at folks returning - as we're all effectively working from home.

1 minute ago, Dazo said:

I would think most businesses who have found they can get away not using large offices will be planning to do so in the future. 

Yeah will be interesting to see if that is the case. However I was more meaning has anyone been offered by their employer to go back into the office at this stage, or still completely shut down?

1 minute ago, Gards said:

Nothing from our office for a couple of months at least.  Currently based on the 2m social distancing our office is only looking like 30% capacity - which makes it quite an administrative overhead.  Plus folks are concerned about public transport to get to the office.

I reckon October/November before we start looking at folks returning - as we're all effectively working from home.

Yeah everyone in my office has been working from home since March, however they are starting phased return for people next month. 

I imagine it will start with a very small number of staff, and then see how it goes.

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )
  • JKBMod 12 featured, locked, unlocked and unfeatured this topic