CJGJ

Coronavirus pandemic

OBE
3 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

It's not clever, though. It never is.

Any halfwit can play his game. I should know.

Some switched-on punters on here ever eager to engage though...baffling...:wacko2:

Taffin
7 minutes ago, coconut doug said:

Its been discussed yes and allegations made yes but i haven't seen anything to substantiate the allegations.

If you find the Scotland/England thing so boring then perhaps you shouldn't intervene with a Scotland/England type comment. surely you realise you are likely to get a response.

Maybe though you can't come up with a sensible point to support your claim.

My claim of what? That Scotland has done badly? The death toll compared to other similar sized nations is more than enough to support that. Most of what England has done badly, Scotland has done too. Where it differs is Sturgeon has performed well on a personal level, been cautious and a lot clearer in her messaging.

Natural Orders
29 minutes ago, Morgan said:

Is it good to get away with murder?

Eh?

Natural Orders
33 minutes ago, Irufushi said:

👋🏽 Likewise. 

And you think you are clever / a big man for not wearing one?

you really are selfish (unless you have a medical reason not to!)

Governor Tarkin
10 minutes ago, OBE said:

Some switched-on punters on here ever eager to engage though...baffling...:wacko2:

Meh, I think most folk just chuck him a bone every so often.

He seems to be enjoying himself so why not.

Irufushi
56 minutes ago, Natural Orders said:

And you think you are clever / a big man for not wearing one?

you really are selfish (unless you have a medical reason not to!)

:smugger: 

Morgan
1 hour ago, Natural Orders said:

Eh?

Go away, son.

All roads lead to Gorgie
1 hour ago, Cade said:

USA buys up the entire global stock of Remdesivir plus all future production for the next three months.

Remdesivir is one of only two drugs discovered that can aid recovery and prevent covid-19 being fatal.

No other nation on the planet will be able to have access to the drug as it's under patent.

Most will be for Donald Trump. It is a wonder they didn't buy up all the bleach as well. 

Ibrahim Tall
1 hour ago, Taffin said:

My claim of what? That Scotland has done badly? The death toll compared to other similar sized nations is more than enough to support that. Most of what England has done badly, Scotland has done too. Where it differs is Sturgeon has performed well on a personal level, been cautious and a lot clearer in her messaging.

Comparing ‘Scotland’ with other similar sized countries isn’t a flawed comparison tbh, it can really only be compared with the rest of the UK.

Austria, Denmark, Hungary, Slovakia etc all have ‘total’ control over their borders and national decisions - Scotland doesn’t. While most of Europe took the decision to shut down completely their borders Scotland doing so with e.g England was never(and still isn’t) a realistic option.

Jambo-Jimbo

Anybody else been invited to join a research study called Coronagenes run by Edinburgh University?

Swanny17
2 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Anybody else been invited to join a research study called Coronagenes run by Edinburgh University?

No but I did try on a pair of Pepe’s once! 

Taffin
3 minutes ago, Ibrahim Tall said:

Comparing ‘Scotland’ with other similar sized countries isn’t a flawed comparison tbh, it can really only be compared with the rest of the UK.

Austria, Denmark, Hungary, Slovakia etc all have ‘total’ control over their borders and national decisions - Scotland doesn’t. While most of Europe took the decision to shut down completely their borders Scotland doing so with e.g England was never(and still isn’t) a realistic option.

The UK has complete control over its borders, yet they kept them open. In the same way that looks to have been a bad move for England, it was a bad move for Scotland and Wales too. The UK made a bad decision, Scotland remains part of the UK. The mistakes the UK have made have resulted in poor outcomes for its constituent nations resulting in those nations having done badly in comparison to the rest of the world. Some of the decisions the constituent nations took that they do have independent control over have also been poor, care home settings being the main one. That Scotland has done less badly from England doesn't mean they have done well. I'm not finger pointing who's fault it is or x,y,z as I don't really care, I'm simply basing it on the outcomes experienced in those countries to determine whether they've done well or not.

All roads lead to Gorgie
5 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Is that for people who have had the virus?

redjambo
1 hour ago, Cade said:

USA buys up the entire global stock of Remdesivir plus all future production for the next three months.

Remdesivir is one of only two drugs discovered that can aid recovery and prevent covid-19 being fatal.

No other nation on the planet will be able to have access to the drug as it's under patent.

Outside first-world countries, they'll just produce generics if they need to.

The UK, if it desires, can use compulsory licences.

It's annoying, and typical, of the USA but if we decide we need it then we'll get it.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/jun/30/us-buys-up-world-stock-of-key-covid-19-drug

Jambo-Jimbo
13 minutes ago, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

Is that for people who have had the virus?

Nope, open to both who have and haven't had the virus, however I think it might only be by invitation.

weehammy
3 hours ago, coconut doug said:

Absolutely nothing patronising about it. It was a direct point made at those who hold views similar to yours on the matter. I have no slavish devotion to nationalism and i'm definitely not interested in how Scottish a person is. I like to challenge the biased and sometimes bigoted nonsense written on here especially when it is directed at Scotland and based on ignorance and innuendo and usually nothing else. Just like you i can choose to identify with any group i want, we are complex individuals.

I'm glad you are comfortable with your Scots and British identity it is your entitlement but it is hypocritical to call me a nationalist when you are claiming two.

A great many Tories and jockholm syndrome sufferers start off by telling us how proud they are to be Scots. I'm not it was an accident of birth for me, i didn't choose it or make it. Scratch the surface though and many sufferers are only too ready to put the boot in and tell us all over again that we are too wee, too poor and too stupid and if the evidence is clearly to the contrary, as it is with the pandemic, then the default argument is to say we are no better or worse than them, in fact we are all the same. We are not the same, the pandemic has been handled much better in Scotland than in England and that is the point i am making to those who repeatedly claim that we (Scotland) are doing this badly or for political reasons.

For the record: I certainly do not believe that Scotland is too ‘wee, poor or stupid’ to be an independent state. I do believe, however, that we would be a weaker and more vulnerable country economically and a poorer one culturally but these are just my own views and  I’m content to leave it to others to argue the finer points.

I have posted elsewhere that I refrain from criticising any of the four administrations on COVID 19. This is because I believe that while each has made decisions that future reviews will show to be flawed, the scientists and politicians have made honest errors in dealing with something unprecedented. Yesterday’s BBC News online showed data where both England and Scotland have experienced very high percentages of deaths above normal averages. I think I’m right in saying that more than 50% of Scottish deaths linked to coronavirus have been in care homes. Nobody deliberately planned this so I don’t condemn, but it cannot be claimed as a success.

Finally, while conceding the better presentation of information in Scotland, if anyone thinks the FM is not squeezing maximum exposure for political reasons they are kidding themselves. This too I don’t condemn because it’s what politicians do - and that’s what Sturgeon is front and centre.

All roads lead to Gorgie
1 minute ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Nope, open to both who have and haven't had the virus, however I think it might only be by invitation.

Cheers. I was told by a doctor back in March I more than likely had it but there was no test offered to me at the time. I would still like to know if it was covid that floored me so badly that I could hardly breathe for three weeks.

Cade

Allegations of serious shenanigans in Leicester have come to light.

Hundreds of small factories have allegedly been operating as normal, forcing staff to come in even if they were sick and no kind of ppe or distancing measure put in place.

Not producing pay slips so the bosses could claim more Furlough money from the government, paying staff well under the min wage, as little as £3 an hour.

Threatening staff with being reported to immigration if they complain, the usual shitehouse behaviour.

This has come to light after Public Health England sent a team to the city last week to find out why the infection rate was so high.

Ray Gin
11 minutes ago, Cade said:

Hundreds of small factories have allegedly been operating as normal, forcing staff to come in even if they were sick and no kind of ppe or distancing measure put in place.

Not producing pay slips so the bosses could claim more Furlough money from the government, paying staff well under the min wage, as little as £3 an hour.

Threatening staff with being reported to immigration if they complain, the usual shitehouse behaviour.

This has come to light after Public Health England sent a team to the city last week to find out why the infection rate was so high.

Outrageous :o

All roads lead to Gorgie
49 minutes ago, Cade said:

As a lot of the industry in the city seems to be based around textiles and shoes you wonder if the some dodgy companies have been into the fake goods market as well. Sounds like these places have a criminal background. Sweat shops under our noses.

ri Alban
6 hours ago, Taffin said:

The UK has complete control over its borders, yet they kept them open. In the same way that looks to have been a bad move for England, it was a bad move for Scotland and Wales too. The UK made a bad decision, Scotland remains part of the UK. The mistakes the UK have made have resulted in poor outcomes for its constituent nations resulting in those nations having done badly in comparison to the rest of the world. Some of the decisions the constituent nations took that they do have independent control over have also been poor, care home settings being the main one. That Scotland has done less badly from England doesn't mean they have done well. I'm not finger pointing who's fault it is or x,y,z as I don't really care, I'm simply basing it on the outcomes experienced in those countries to determine whether they've done well or not.

Wm controls all UK borders, so feck up. 

Taffin
1 hour ago, ri Alban said:

Wm controls all UK borders, so feck up. 

I know, I said that. Has England done well during this?

ri Alban
11 minutes ago, Taffin said:

I know, I said that. Has England done well during this?

No one has. But, It's how we finish that matters now, and the SG are trying to kill Covid. 

Governor Tarkin
Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, Cade said:

Where you hearing/reading this, Cade? 

1 hour ago, Natural Orders said:

Tom Whanks is a Celtic ******* and he can **** right off.

Edited by Governor Tarkin

Jambo-Jimbo
9 hours ago, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

As a lot of the industry in the city seems to be based around textiles and shoes you wonder if the some dodgy companies have been into the fake goods market as well. Sounds like these places have a criminal background. Sweat shops under our noses.

It's been like that for decades, there was a Panorama or Dispatches or similar programme a few years ago about the textile industry in many of these towns & cities around the UK.  Now these are not big places employing hundreds of people, these were small places with a dozen, 20 workers if that, mostly Asian women and it's typically cash in hand, and not a lot of cash at that.  It's been a problem for many years.

Horatio Caine
10 hours ago, Cade said:

Could we send Natural Orders down there to annoy them?

OBE
12 hours ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Meh, I think most folk just chuck him a bone every so often.

He seems to be enjoying himself so why not.

Bone chuckers sorting themselves out also...joy all round.

7 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Tom Whanks is a Celtic ******* and he can **** right off.

Another quality lob...🎯

main

I would imagine possibly the biggest factor as to why the British countries have been worst affected as opposed to other European countries is a culture of unhealthy living that millions of people fall into. High rates of obesity and the conditions that follow, diabetes and chest and heart conditions. Also, the lousy weather up until May/June and the detriments that brings. This all in addition to our higher level of drinking and smoking. There's a reason the Germans call us the apes from the island.

Governor Tarkin
1 minute ago, OBE said:

Bone chuckers sorting themselves out also...joy all round.

In these troubled times it's all some of us have left. :(

Dawnrazor
10 hours ago, Ray Gin said:

Outrageous :o

But unsurprising.

The Real Maroonblood
22 minutes ago, Horatio Caine said:

Could we send Natural Orders down there to annoy them?

:laugh:

Governor Tarkin
6 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:

But unsurprising.

Careful now.

Dawnrazor
Just now, Governor Tarkin said:

Careful now.

😆 Not Leicester in particular but the attitude of many, the "something for nothing" brigade.

Governor Tarkin
18 minutes ago, main said:

There's a reason the Germans call us the apes from the island.

The Germans can call us whatever they like as long as we keep beating them at wars mate.

:cornette_dog:

main
4 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

The Germans can call us whatever they like as long as we keep beating them at wars mate.

Very true.

The Real Maroonblood
3 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

They won the peace.

:P

Governor Tarkin
1 minute ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

They won the peace.

:P

It's not over yet. 🇬🇧🇬🇧

:seething:

Natural Orders
2 hours ago, AlimOzturk said:

Tom Hanks can go **** himself. 

How mature of you!

The Real Maroonblood
20 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

It's not over yet. 🇬🇧🇬🇧

:seething:

👍

Jambo-Jimbo

Following on from Trump grabbing all of the drug Remdesivir, making it virtually impossible for anybody else in the world to get any supplies for the next 3 months, we had better all hope that it's a UK or European company which develops a vaccine, otherwise the world might be waiting quite some time for it.

The Real Maroonblood
3 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Following on from Trump grabbing all of the drug Remdesivir, making it virtually impossible for anybody else in the world to get any supplies for the next 3 months, we had better all hope that it's a UK or European company which develops a vaccine, otherwise the world might be waiting quite some time for it.

What about our special relationship with the Yanks?

Governor Tarkin
3 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

A myth.

Jambo-Jimbo
4 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Would that be that one sided special relationship you mean, where the UK get's thrown a bone every now and then.  :rofl:

3fingersreid
12 hours ago, Morgan said:

Go away, son.

The expression he/she understands is 

You can “Jerk off “ 😉

OBE
Posted (edited)
29 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Is that the one where they're used as a test bed for all our consumer products?

Edited by OBE