Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )

CJGJ

jack D and coke
4 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

How dare they enjoy themselves and behave..!  Doom merchants will have lots to say about them I bet. Seen loads of negative comments on FB 

Exactly too many ready to condemn. I suppose I was one of them an all. I just hoped not tbh you want to start seeing thing getting back to normality. I’m desperate to get a social life again :lol: 

• Replies 107.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Jambo 4 Ever
3 minutes ago, been here before said:

This from the trumpet who used an opinion piece by Hayley - ****- Mathews to try and prove a point.

It’s backing up the scientists and government though 

JudyJudyJudy
2 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

Exactly too many ready to condemn. I suppose I was one of them an all. I just hoped not tbh you want to start seeing thing getting back to normality. I’m desperate to get a social life again :lol: 

Yes its good people are out and about. I think that is going to be the big problem as Ive noted loads of people stating they will stay at home until a vaccine is found ! Good luck with that one. We have to live with the risk and be sensible when out.  Ill def go to beer garden this week sometime but will take a while for me to go to an enclosed pub unless they are using stringent measures to negate risks. 

Jambo 4 Ever
17 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

0.08% chance of you coming into contact with a Covid 19 carrier in Scotland. That then works out at about 1 out of 16000 people if you average it across Scotland. Of course it's more like 1 out every 10000 in urban areas and pretty much zero in rural. Wearing a mask is is doing **** all difference imo. 

You could argue about the science of wearing masks all you like but with the numbers of Covid 19 floating about ATM making the masks mandatory when they did make no sense. 

And I'll put this out there as well,

“Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.” ― Benjamin Franklin. 

Wear a mask if you want but don't try and force it on people who don't want to. 

If you don’t want to wear one, do not go to a shop or on public transport as you are not welcome 

Jambo 4 Ever
18 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

I went passed the Murrayfield Sports bar. It was busy in their Beer garden. Looks like people were enjoying themselves.

As long as they are keeping distance from each other then that is ok 

AlimOzturk
9 minutes ago, Natural Orders said:

If you don’t want to wear one, do not go to a shop or on public transport as you are not welcome 

Listen, I'll do what the **** I want. You nor anyone else can tell me what to do. As for not being welcome, well so be it. If that's the way you want society to move forward then more shame on you than me. 

I have produced numbers to back up my argument all you have done is attempt to be confrontational without any substance. You just look like a fool

Edited by AlimOzturk

Jambo 4 Ever
1 minute ago, AlimOzturk said:

Listen, I'll do what the **** I want. You nor anyone else can tell me what to do. As for not being welcome, well so be it. If that's the way you want society to move forward then more shame on you than me. 

I have produced numbers to back up my argument all you have done is be a confrontational twat with nothing what so ever to add. 

Listen to the government and scientists.

that’s all I’m saying mate 

wearing a face mask is no big deal really is it and it can potentially save lives, so just wear it when appropriate 

1 hour ago, AlimOzturk said:

Look at me, I am big and morally superior to everyone who chooses not to wear a mask. (

Listen, if you want to wear a mask fine. If it makes you feel good about yourself and safer then bash on. Insulting and looking your nose down at folk who don't like masks or don't want to wear one make you more of a ***** than the person not wearing a mask. 

MIND YOUR OWN ****ING BUISNESS. 

It is my business if you're standing near me without a mask. 

Edited by ri Alban

Jambo 4 Ever
6 minutes ago, Dannie Boy said:

Only 16 

Today. 

And it will only stay low numbers if people stick to What we are being told 

frankblack
4 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

Actually business owners can refuse to let you on public transport or into shops - some will actively enforce it.  I suspect that when Football allows fans back in it will be mandatory or you won't get in.

At the end of the day, the more people wearing the masks, the less chance of catching the virus when in confined spaces.

Jambo 4 Ever
1 minute ago, ri Alban said:

Exactly 

some are just so selfish 

Jambo 4 Ever
1 minute ago, frankblack said:

Actually business owners can refuse to let you on public transport or into shops - some will actively enforce it.  I suspect that when Football allows fans back in it will be mandatory or you won't get in.

At the end of the day, the more people wearing the masks, the less chance of catching the virus when in confined spaces.

Exactly 

some people are acting like children who don’t get it their own way 

AlimOzturk
3 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Walk away from me then or have the balls to say something. Well equipped to defend myself and couldn't really give a **** if are are offended by me not wearing a mask or not. I am fairly comfortable with my position with regards to it and if folk really are that precious then come at me.

I won't be going on buses and to shops anyways. Despite my position, I wouldn't want to make someone's job anymore difficult anyways. Not their fault that a moronic law has been enforced and they have to act like bouncer's on a door. 

Jambo 4 Ever

Walk away from me then or have the balls to say something. Well equipped to defend myself and couldn't really give a **** if are are offended by me not wearing a mask or not. I am fairly comfortable with my position with regards to it and if folk really are that precious then come at me.

I won't be going on buses and to shops anyways. Despite my position, I wouldn't want to make someone's job anymore difficult anyways. Not their fault that a moronic law has been enforced and they have to act like bouncer's on a door. 

Good

AlimOzturk
1 minute ago, Natural Orders said:

Good

Actually, see just to piss you off I will go on a bus and wander round several shops, totally mask free. I'll keep you updated. 

Crazy ******* that I am. Putting folks lives at risk, doing something that just two days ago was totally legal. 

Of course if I am refused entry then so be it. 

Jambo 4 Ever

Actually, see just to piss you off I will go on a bus and wander round several shops, totally mask free. I'll keep you updated. 

Crazy ******* that I am. Putting folks lives at risk, doing something that just two days ago was totally legal. 

Of course if I am refused entry then so be it. 

Don’t act like a twit.

not big and it’s not clever 

you come across as a petulant child 

AlimOzturk
1 minute ago, Natural Orders said:

Don’t act like a twit.

I am petulant as **** btw. 

Edited by AlimOzturk

All roads lead to Gorgie
1 hour ago, The Brow said:

Having actually been out on the lash in central London (Soho, Chinatown for dinner then Covent  Garden) on Saturday....I can confirm that the day started off fairly okay but by early evening all areas were absolutely ****ing heaving and nobody was paying any attention to social distancing. It was a proper festival atmosphere and a great time was had by the majority.  

Weirdly, most places had 6 to a table but you didnt actually have to know each other. A lot of pubs were doing freebies with pints for some reason. 

Probably stale beer they have had lying about for four months. How's your belly today😉

The last few posts on this thread.....

Genuinely hard to believe these are adults. 

:jj_facepalm:

10 minutes ago, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

Probably stale beer they have had lying about for four months. How's your belly today😉

The pints were delicious and fresh. Didn't even have a hangover the freebies were WITH the pints. Dont think my post made that clear enough. 

Hows lockdown and no pubs? *troll* ;) 

AlimOzturk

Was going to have a pint after walking back along princess Street, passed a beer garden on top of the Princess mall and a pint of tennants in a plastic cup was, I kid you not £7. 

All roads lead to Gorgie
2 minutes ago, The Brow said:

The pints were delicious and fresh. Didn't even have a hangover the freebies were WITH the pints. Dont think my post made that clear enough. 

Hows lockdown and no pubs? *troll* ;) 

Good for the wallet and the waistline :biggrin:

Nucky Thompson
4 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

Was going to have a pint after walking back along princess Street, passed a beer garden on top of the Princess mall and a pint of tennants in a plastic cup was, I kid you not £7. 

Dick Turpin springs to mind. 

AlimOzturk
1 minute ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Dick Turpin springs to mind. 

Yup. They were fairly busy as well. 

I am not prepared to pay more than a fiver. And even then I expect it to be a premium lager in a proper pint glass. 

Had a pub lunch on Sunday then a beer in their beer garden. It was excellent, thoroughly enjoyed it.

It was quiet though. Didn't realise how much I'd missed doing something like that.

28 minutes ago, Natural Orders said:

Don’t act like a twit.

Jings!

Hark at Victor Mature here.  😳

Enzo Chiefo
2 hours ago, Ray Gin said:

social-distancing.png

This is what a couple meeting up with a couple of friends should look like at 1 metre distancing.

It's all theoretical stuff though. We're dealing with humans here not scientists.  Social distancing is not going to be possible long term ss things open up again and we start getting back to normal.  My local supermarket,  for instance, are removing the one way system next week 

The Real Maroonblood
28 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

Tennents is shite even in glass tumbler.

37 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

That's just sheer profiteering,  disgraceful. You may be expected to pay a wee bit more for a pint but £7!!....its a no from me....😁

AlimOzturk
11 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Tennents is shite even in glass tumbler.

Don't mind it. Much better than carlsberg/Carling imo. Much prefer a good Czech beer such as Staropramen or Pilsner though. They can be pricey but anything more than a fiver I won't bother. 

Edited by AlimOzturk

Francis Albert
42 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

Princess Street?

AlimOzturk
1 minute ago, Francis Albert said:

Princess Street?

Aii, top of the Princess mall. Outside bar, can't remember the name of it. 

Edit it was cask smugglers i think

Edited by AlimOzturk

The Real Maroonblood
Just now, AlimOzturk said:

The poster is picking you up on the spelling. 

AlimOzturk
2 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

The poster is picking you up on the spelling. 

Christ, I missed a capital letter. Talk about grammar police if that is true. 

The Real Maroonblood
Just now, AlimOzturk said:

Christ, I missed a capital letter. Talk about grammar police if that is true. 

:laugh:

I'll let the poster tell you. 

AlimOzturk
1 minute ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

:laugh:

I'll let the poster tell you. 

I get it now. 

:jj_facepalm:

Francis Albert
3 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

Edit it was cask smugglers i think

Sorry. I know where you mean. The name of the street is Princes Street. And I think it is Princes Mall. The bar has always been a rip off place for tourists.

Getting the name of the street is forgivable for tourists but really...

AlimOzturk
1 minute ago, Francis Albert said:

Sorry. I know where you mean. The name of the street is Princes Street. And I think it is Princes Mall. The bar has always been a rip off place for tourists.

Aii, aii. 

🖕

😂🙈

JudyJudyJudy
13 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

I know one of my pet hates. I also include those on FB who say they are " on route" !!! arghh 

vegas-voss
1 hour ago, Natural Orders said:

And it will only stay low numbers if people stick to What we are being told 

Lets give the majority credit then as they have been low for quite some time now.

William H. Bonney
1 hour ago, AlimOzturk said:

****s sake. You could probably buy 24 cans for £3 more. Disgraceful. 

been here before
2 hours ago, Natural Orders said:

It’s backing up the scientists and government though 

Its not backing anything up. Its an opinion.

Francis Albert
2 minutes ago, Furious Styles said:

****s sake. You could probably buy 24 cans for £3 more. Disgraceful. 

One of the things that the lockdown will have brought home to people is just how much cheaper booze is (even in comparison with less outrageously rip off places)  if you drink at home. I think a lot of bars are going to go out of business through a combination of this and fear of the virus.

AlimOzturk
16 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

One of the things that the lockdown will have brought home to people is just how much cheaper booze is (even in comparison with less outrageously rip off places)  if you drink at home. I think a lot of bars are going to go out of business through a combination of this and fear of the virus.

Yep

They will have to bring the price down or go under. The government should maybe look at the tax/vat they charge these places to help. Edit to add, so long as they pass the discount onto the customers. 

Edited by AlimOzturk

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )
  • JKBMod 12 featured, locked, unlocked and unfeatured this topic