Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )

CJGJ

14 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

I have seen the fear in some peoples eyes and if anything it's getting worse instead of getting better, I've seen people cross the street so as to avoid someone walking on the same pavement, the irrational fear some are putting themselves through can't be good for them.

I think too many people have forgotten the fact that Covid-19 is just one of a thousand other things which you can die from.

Aw FFS! more fear instilled, how could you?...:brows:

Edited by OBE

• Replies 107.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Jambo-Jimbo
26 minutes ago, OBE said:

Aw FFS! more fear instilled, how could you?...:brows:

If it takes some folks minds off panicking about Covid for a while, then job done :fing10:

Horatio Caine
59 minutes ago, Natural Orders said:

Twit 

Off topic Dr NO, but shouldn't you change the tagline in your avatar to `Robbie's Winners`?

Jambo 4 Ever
1 minute ago, Horatio Caine said:

Off topic Dr NO, but shouldn't you change the tagline in your avatar to `Robbie's Winners`?

Good idea 

1 hour ago, Natural Orders said:

Why do you have to be so rude about her?

she’s done a great job at keeping the numbers down

I am sure Care Home residents of Scotland share this view. 

The Real Maroonblood
Just now, Jambo-Jimbo said:

0 deaths over the last 48 hrs in Scotland from Covid.

More excellent news.

👍

The Real Maroonblood
3 minutes ago, Natural Orders said:

Only allowed to meet up with 2 other households in the beer gardens too remember 

I'll be fine as I'm anti social. 

crunchy frog

i bought a set of these. Smell a bit funky when new but fine once they've been washed. They were delivered in a big Adidas cardboard box which was a bit wasteful given the size of them, a jiffy bag would have done.

FM.JPG

jack D and coke

Pleasing that no chaos ensued in England at the weekend. 
Looking forward to getting back to some normality this weekend myself. Beer garden booked.
Way overly excited to be perfectly honest🍻🥃🍹🍸🍾👃🏼😀

9 hours ago, ri Alban said:

One example, just so you and your like can understand the drugs death number in Scotland, compared to England and elsewhere. 

Say, You! Have a wee doobie and decide to accidentally take a close up of the number 10 Bus, that in Scotland is a drugs death. In England, that is fatal Road accident. 

Oh, and ever countries unemployment figures are a bit high just now, Scotland's employment figures are high too. 

As for the high tax, Boo fecking Hoo. I'd pay a lot more tax, no problem for very good services. 

I find your tone a bit aggressive tbh (me and my like?) but i'll address your points on my opinions one at a time. Firstly, regardless of how you claim drug deaths are recorded in the home nations, statistically Scotland has the highest number and, higher than the other 3 nations combined and highest number in Europe. Thats a fact from the office of national statistics so dress it up any way you like, a fact is a fact. Secondly, every country has higher unemployment right now. Well done Einstein, bottom line is Scotland has the highest number of unemployed out of all the Home Nations and that's another fact. Your 3rd comment about higher tax.. you'd pay a lot more tax for very good services. I wouldn't mind paying more (a large majority of us already do...as previously stated anyone earning 24k a year or more pays more than the rest of the UK) if our services were actually better than the rest of the UK. Are they though?? I'd say they most likely aren't given our NHS waiting lists, state of our roads and public services continually cut whilst council tax goes up 4% each year. I don't align myself to any political party and tend to try and make an informed decision based on circumstances and policies at each election. If you were to take your SNP tinted glasses off though you would maybe be able to see past the yellow and black wood and see the big sign through the trees that says "we want independence but christ knows what we will do if we get it". Incidentally, whats your opinion on the SNP and their fabulous income tax banding? I find it laughable that they take roughly 1.5k extra tax of someone earning 40k a year but hand the hard working folk knocking their pan in for 15k a year an extra tenner saving on tax each year. Hardly making their lives that bit easier are they? I suppose you think they should just 'get a better paying job' eh??!

The Real Maroonblood
10 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

Pleasing that no chaos ensued in England at the weekend. 
Looking forward to getting back to some normality this weekend myself. Beer garden booked.
Way overly excited to be perfectly honest🍻🥃🍹🍸🍾👃🏼😀

Totally agree.

5 hours ago, The Brow said:

Is it not 1%? 

For info - if you earn £100k then you will be about £50 a month better off in England. 

What would you spend such a tremendous amount of money on? 😄😄😄

Not sure where you get that figure but you're take home pay would be £150 lighter each month than someone in England. Admittedly, if you're on 100k a year im sure most would cope! If you were on 45k you'd be about £40 a month worse off in take home pay. The point I was making though was the Scottish government bang on about so many folk paying less tax than the other home nations but when someone on 15k a year is a tenner better off each year I wonder what they will spend that tremendous amount on??

jack D and coke
16 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

Perhaps not, depending on your definition. No social distancing either though.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-53299251/coronavirus-lockdown-easing-crowds-in-london-s-soho-celebrate

I feared a right old carry on. Looks busy but that was to be expected. Seems pretty much everyone enjoyed themselves and behaved👌🏼

Francis Albert
4 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

Perhaps not, depending on your definition. No social distancing either though.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-53299251/coronavirus-lockdown-easing-crowds-in-london-s-soho-celebrate

As posted before, if you look at the picture most in the foreground seem to be pretty much 1 metre apart in line with latest advice. They are in the open air so they are not in breach of advice on masks which would have been tricky to use given what they are doing. As with any large crowd people look more packed the more distant they are from the camera or eyes but you can't measure the actual distancing beyond the immediate foreground.

A&E was not overwhelmed, police did not have to intervene to close pubs, the widely predicted (not least on here) "carnage" didn't happen. Most pubs were quiet. Even the Guardian and Observer, the arch doom mongers, have reported this. "Fears of mass disorder as pubs reopen in England prove exaggerated" was the Guardian headline … on page 6 of course  not page 1 as "mass disorder" would have been reported if it had happened.

50 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

As posted before, if you look at the picture most in the foreground seem to be pretty much 1 metre apart in line with latest advice. They are in the open air so they are not in breach of advice on masks which would have been tricky to use given what they are doing. As with any large crowd people look more packed the more distant they are from the camera or eyes but you can't measure the actual distancing beyond the immediate foreground.

A&E was not overwhelmed, police did not have to intervene to close pubs, the widely predicted (not least on here) "carnage" didn't happen. Most pubs were quiet. Even the Guardian and Observer, the arch doom mongers, have reported this. "Fears of mass disorder as pubs reopen in England prove exaggerated" was the Guardian headline … on page 6 of course  not page 1 as "mass disorder" would have been reported if it had happened.

Are they bollocks. Loads of groups of friends standing right next to each other, shoulder to shoulder. Do you even know how long a metre is?

_113243734_pa-54441053.jpg

_113245109_062296969.jpg

1 hour ago, hmfcbilly said:

Not sure where you get that figure but you're take home pay would be £150 lighter each month than someone in England. Admittedly, if you're on 100k a year im sure most would cope! If you were on 45k you'd be about £40 a month worse off in take home pay. The point I was making though was the Scottish government bang on about so many folk paying less tax than the other home nations but when someone on 15k a year is a tenner better off each year I wonder what they will spend that tremendous amount on??

The difference in the income tax rates is 1% - thats the figure I used. 

You get free prescriptions and various other things people in England dont. There are various things to bash the scottish government about, income tax isnt one of them. 

Jambo 4 Ever
27 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

Are they bollocks. Loads of groups of friends standing right next to each other, shoulder to shoulder. Do you even know how long a metre is?

_113243734_pa-54441053.jpg

_113245109_062296969.jpg

Some people just want to pretend everything is fine and behaving when they are not!!

2 hours ago, indianajones said:

a fAcE MaSk MaKEs ME feEL sAfE. 

Unreal. 

Who said that? Nobody thinks that do they? 

Surely, for the sake of getting this whole covid shite done and dusted, you just wear your wee mask and in a couple months we all get to go about our lives as normal again.  

This is a tick box exercise that you cant actually change or get away from. Debating it to death is utterly pointless as you're not in charge. 

1 hour ago, Francis Albert said:

Having actually been out on the lash in central London (Soho, Chinatown for dinner then Covent  Garden) on Saturday....I can confirm that the day started off fairly okay but by early evening all areas were absolutely ****ing heaving and nobody was paying any attention to social distancing. It was a proper festival atmosphere and a great time was had by the majority.  

Weirdly, most places had 6 to a table but you didnt actually have to know each other. A lot of pubs were doing freebies with pints for some reason. 

The Real Maroonblood
4 minutes ago, The Brow said:

Having actually been out on the lash in central London (Soho, Chinatown for dinner then Covent  Garden) on Saturday....I can confirm that the day started off fairly okay but by early evening all areas were absolutely ****ing heaving and nobody was paying any attention to social distancing. It was a proper festival atmosphere and a great time was had by the majority.  

Weirdly, most places had 6 to a table but you didnt actually have to know each other. A lot of pubs were doing freebies with pints for some reason. 

Your last sentence  just name and shame.

:lol:

Jambo 4 Ever
11 minutes ago, The Brow said:

Surely, for the sake of getting this whole covid shite done and dusted, you just wear your wee mask and in a couple months we all get to go about our lives as normal again.  

This is a tick box exercise that you cant actually change or get away from. Debating it to death is utterly pointless as you're not in charge. 

Exactly 

and to all the selfish twits who think it’s ok to not wear a mask

https://www.edinburghlive.co.uk/news/edinburgh-news/edinburgh-teen-hospitalised-covid-left-18550934

manaliveits105
On 05/07/2020 at 15:04, The Real Maroonblood said:
On 05/07/2020 at 13:35, Brian Dundas said:

Border security is remit of UK Gov

:spoton:

Simpletons don’t realise that.

So Nicky stated today that SG had taken the 14 day quarantine requirements under Scottish Public Health and have:cornette_dog: had some problems but should be sorted by tomorrow - simple indeed 

Just surfaced after a weekend back in the boozer in Newcastle. 

**** i missed the auld battle cruiser, good to be back.

17 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Your last sentence  just name and shame.

:lol:

No danger - I dont want them closing again haha. 

AlimOzturk

Look at me, I am big and morally superior to everyone who chooses not to wear a mask. (

Listen, if you want to wear a mask fine. If it makes you feel good about yourself and safer then bash on. Insulting and looking your nose down at folk who don't like masks or don't want to wear one make you more of a ***** than the person not wearing a mask. 

MIND YOUR OWN ****ING BUISNESS. 

Edited by AlimOzturk

Just now, AlimOzturk said:

Look at me, I am big and morally superior to everyone who chooses not to wear a mask. 

Listen, if you want to wear a mask fine. If it makes you feel good about yourself and safer then bash on. Insulting and looking your nose down at folk who don't like masks or don't want to wear one make you more of a ***** than the person not wearing a mask. 

MIND YOUR OWN ****ING BUISNESS. 

i dont think anyone's a *****. Do what you like. I just think its a bit weird not to do something so utterly simple that could speed up the return to normality.

The sooner this is over the better and I don't get the fuss over a wee bit cloth. 

The Real Maroonblood
3 minutes ago, The Brow said:

No danger - I dont want them closing again haha. 

👍

AlimOzturk
10 minutes ago, The Brow said:

i dont think anyone's a *****. Do what you like. I just think its a bit weird not to do something so utterly simple that could speed up the return to normality.

The sooner this is over the better and I don't get the fuss over a wee bit cloth. 

I won't go over the issues I have with them again as all it does is infuriate a select few who then call me a selfish prick. That's fine, I am selfish prick. I can accept that and bash on without wearing a mask, ever. 

What I will say is I won't make someone's job any more difficult for simply following the rules. If a bus driver/shop keeper ask me to to put on a mask  I will simply not enter the establishment and walk off. My wife is happy to do the shopping and I probably won't need to take a bus ever anyways. 

As I said, folk should mind their own business. To many snooty *******s on here and in society in general. 

Not aimed at you btw

Edited by AlimOzturk

2 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

I won't go over the issues I have with them again as all it does is infuriate a select few who then call me a selfish prick. That's fine, I am selfish prick. I can accept that and bash on without wearing a mask, ever. 

What I will say is I won't make someone's job any more difficult for simply following the rules. If a bus driver/shop keeper ask me to to put on a mask I will simply not enter the establishment and walk off. My wife is happy to do the shopping and I probably won't need to take a bus ever anyways. 

As I said, folk should mind their own business. To many snooty *******s on here and in society in general. 

Not aimed at you btw

Fair enough response and I would assume what most people think about masks - judging by the low numbers of folk I see out and about with them on. 

Pretty much where I am with them as well. I'll wear one if asked but most of the time I will probably forget. 

indianajones
2 hours ago, Natural Orders said:

Eh?

46 minutes ago, The Brow said:

Its whats being touted about by quite a few on social media.

These 'masks' do not work. It is a massive waste of time.

Jambo 4 Ever
1 minute ago, indianajones said:

Listen to the scientists and our government... not randoms on social media mate

AlimOzturk
18 minutes ago, indianajones said:

0.08% chance of you coming into contact with a Covid 19 carrier in Scotland. That then works out at about 1 out of 16000 people if you average it across Scotland. Of course it's more like 1 out every 10000 in urban areas and pretty much zero in rural. Wearing a mask is is doing **** all difference imo. 

You could argue about the science of wearing masks all you like but with the numbers of Covid 19 floating about ATM making the masks mandatory when they did make no sense. 

And I'll put this out there as well,

“Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.” ― Benjamin Franklin. 

Wear a mask if you want but don't try and force it on people who don't want to. 

Edited by AlimOzturk

JudyJudyJudy
2 hours ago, jack D and coke said:

I feared a right old carry on. Looks busy but that was to be expected. Seems pretty much everyone enjoyed themselves and behaved👌🏼

How dare they enjoy themselves and behave..!  Doom merchants will have lots to say about them I bet. Seen loads of negative comments on FB 

1 hour ago, The Brow said:

The difference in the income tax rates is 1% - thats the figure I used. 

You get free prescriptions and various other things people in England dont. There are various things to bash the scottish government about, income tax isnt one of them. 

Will have to respectfully disagree with you on this. Your entitled to your opinion of course, as am I. Your right in a sense about us paying 1% more however the threshold is lower in Scotland than the rest of the UK for starting to pay higher taxation. Just over 43k up here, whereas its 50k down south. Free prescriptions are only of benefit to folk that use them especially folk with ongoing ailments (which at the risk of sounding a bit controversial, the recipients of ongoing free prescriptions tend to quite often be folk who contribute the least or nothing at all through taxation). I personally like the model they use in some Scandinavian countries where if you have an ongoing need for medication i.e cancer, then your prescription costs are covered. If you have an infection or need some paracetamol you pay the cost. 

JudyJudyJudy
1 hour ago, The Brow said:

Good on you. Hope you had a great time.

JudyJudyJudy

I went passed the Murrayfield Sports bar. It was busy in their Beer garden. Looks like people were enjoying themselves.

The Real Maroonblood
4 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

0.08% chance of you coming into contact with a Covid 19 carrier in Scotland. That then works out at about 1 out of 16000 people if you average it across Scotland. Of course it's more like 1 out every 10000 in urban areas and pretty much zero in rural. Wearing a mask is is doing **** all difference imo. 

You could argue about the science of wearing masks all you like but with the numbers of Covid 19 patience floating about ATM making the masks mandatory when they did make no sense. 

And I'll put this out there as well,

“Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.” ― Benjamin Franklin. 

Wear a mask if you want but don't try and force it on people who don't want to. 

Fair enough.

Personally I probably only have the face mask on about 1 hour a week.

No big deal.

been here before
20 minutes ago, Natural Orders said:

Listen to the scientists and our government... not randoms on social media mate

This from the trumpet who used an opinion piece by Hayley - ****- Mathews to try and prove a point.

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )
  • JKBMod 12 featured, locked, unlocked and unfeatured this topic