• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

JudyJudyJudy
8 minutes ago, Dannie Boy said:

+22 uk total for today. Not sure what it was in Scotland though. 

Apparently a “glitch “in the system just now so haven’t been announced as yet 

1 minute ago, JamesM48 said:

Apparently a “glitch “in the system just now so haven’t been announced as yet 

👍 James.

Samuel Camazzola
1 hour ago, OBE said:

Unfortunate sods must've been infected by spreaders without face coverings.

I bet a bulk of the mask wearers don't wash their hands. This proved to be a hard task for many who visited the toilets at Tynecastle in seasons gone by! 🤢

7 hours ago, Cade said:

Soho, London, last night.

5568.jpg?width=620&quality=85&auto=forma5007.jpg?width=620&quality=85&auto=forma

Face masks? Social distancing? Table service? Pre-booked timeslots?

:rofl:

Aye but folk can be trusted to behave responsibly. 

0_GettyImages-1211134371.jpg (Image: Jane Barlow-WPA Pool/Getty Images)

Welcome to Sunday's coronavirus live blog.

Nicola Sturgeon announced there was again no new deaths recorded for people who tested positive for coronavirus in Scotland in the last 24 hours.

The total number of people who have died after being confirmed to have the virus remains at 2,488.

Statistics released on Saturday, which cover the previous day, show there were 11 new cases confirmed.

There were 429 patients in hospital on Friday night, including 19 in intensive care.

Nicola Sturgeon reacted to the latest figure on Twitter, saying it was time to take "extra care" to keep the progress going.

• UPDATED16:39, 5 JUL 2020
Edited by Dannie Boy

Francis Albert
1 hour ago, The Mighty Thor said:

When you arrive into Scotland from outside the UK you are processed by the UK Border Agency. 

Entry to the UK and the checks on those entering the UK is a reserved matter. 

Yes. But policing the quarantine requirements?

Francis Albert
20 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

Aye but folk can be trusted to behave responsibly. 

If you look at the pictures most in  the foreground seem to be complying with the new 1 metre distancing rule. It is impossible to say what is happening further back as a crowd from a distance always looks packed. Most reporting today says many pubs didn't open and those that did were pretty quiet. The Observer says none had to be closed by police. So the great majority did behave responsibly. Disappointing as that might be for some.

4 hours ago, manaliveits105 said:

On BBC national news - not one person landing in Scotland has been quarantined or traced to date - well done SG 

maybe the knobs who turned up at Berwick yesterday could be put to use to help out 

Let him have his holiday at Haggerston first.

The Real Maroonblood
15 minutes ago, Dannie Boy said:

0_GettyImages-1211134371.jpg (Image: Jane Barlow-WPA Pool/Getty Images)

Welcome to Sunday's coronavirus live blog.

Nicola Sturgeon announced there was again no new deaths recorded for people who tested positive for coronavirus in Scotland in the last 24 hours.

The total number of people who have died after being confirmed to have the virus remains at 2,488.

Statistics released on Saturday, which cover the previous day, show there were 11 new cases confirmed.

There were 429 patients in hospital on Friday night, including 19 in intensive care.

Nicola Sturgeon reacted to the latest figure on Twitter, saying it was time to take "extra care" to keep the progress going.

• UPDATED16:39, 5 JUL 2020

👍

Enzo Chiefo
1 hour ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

To safe hassle the UK government should just give us the responsibility.

:sweeet:

No thanks. I would rather we kept the country secure. Could you imagine a Minister for Homeland Security like Fiona Hyslop, the grammar queen Angela Constance or the ever hapless Wee Jean Jeanie Freeman

The Real Maroonblood
7 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

No thanks. I would rather we kept the country secure. Could you imagine a Minister for Homeland Security like Fiona Hyslop, the grammar queen Angela Constance or the ever hapless Wee Jean Jeanie Freeman

The Westminster ones are brilliant.

Enzo Chiefo
29 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

The Westminster ones are brilliant.

Maybe not, but educated to a reasonable level. I can't think of any UK Education Secretaries over the years who have stated that things "have went (sic) on (like that for years).....". There is a clear dearth of intellect at Holyrood

23 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Maybe not, but educated to a reasonable level. I can't think of any UK Education Secretaries over the years who have stated that things "have went (sic) on (like that for years).....". There is a clear dearth of intellect at Holyrood

"Educated to a reasonable level"

1708.jpg

On 01/07/2020 at 14:39, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Barnsley council are asking people to exercise extra care & vigilance in the town, due to an increase of Covid-19 cases.

And all the pubs open up on Saturday in England...............................what possibly could go wrong.

According to geezer who brought my takeaway last night tarn was empty, “you wouldn’t know pubs were open pal” . 

Jambo-Jimbo
3 minutes ago, NlGHTMARE said:

According to geezer who brought my takeaway last night tarn was empty, “you wouldn’t know pubs were open pal” . 

Well that's good to hear, that perhaps people were being sensible and if they were out didn't congregate in large groups.

The Real Maroonblood
39 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Dearie me.

Is that the best you can up with.

The expression (Educated Idiots).

Comes to mind.

Enzo Chiefo
24 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Dearie me.

Is that the best you can up with.

The expression (Educated Idiots).

Comes to mind.

Or getting the name of a deceased person wrong on official correspondence, the latest in a long list of gaffes that Jean Jeanie has presided over. An ex-card carrying commie by the way....in a govt ministerial role😯

Enzo Chiefo
45 minutes ago, graygo said:

"Educated to a reasonable level"

1708.jpg

Over educated possibly and I'm not arguing otherwise. Most modern day politicians of all parties have never done a days work in their life. 

There is a shortage of grocers daughters in politics nowadays unfortunately. 

1 hour ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Speaking of death and Holyrood, did plod ever copper collar for the murder of the boxing trainer who was on Trainspotting2  I would try google but I can’t thing of the geezers name. 

The Real Maroonblood
5 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Or getting the name of a deceased person wrong on official correspondence, the latest in a long list of gaffes that Jean Jeanie has presided over. An ex-card carrying commie by the way....in a govt ministerial role😯

Jean Jeanie.

:cornette_dog:

Ex commie carrying card ffs.

The biggest threat to this country isn't communism.

Where have you been?

This is the wrong thread to take this discussion any further. 

Stay safe.

Unknown user
14 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

An ex-card carrying commie by the way....in a govt ministerial role😯

:laugh: the right are destroying the ****ing world as we speak, but shotty lads, there's an idealist about!

4 minutes ago, NlGHTMARE said:

Cheers pal, he sounds like a nice lad eh. 

I grew up with the lad, albeit in different circles. Never really had a chance to begin with tbh 

Francis Albert
6 minutes ago, Smithee said:

:laugh: the right are destroying the ****ing world as we speak, but shotty lads, there's an idealist about!

Communists or ex-commumists are by definition idealists?

Edited by Francis Albert

Enzo Chiefo
1 minute ago, Smithee said:

Of course, communism works doesn't it. Been a success right around the world. Queuing for an hour to buy a loaf of bread and full employment with old women employed to press buttons in lifts. Naaah, I think we'll stick with what we've got thanks. Surely, no-one outwith universities still believes in communism do they??

15 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Over educated possibly and I'm not arguing otherwise. Most modern day politicians of all parties have never done a days work in their life. 

There is a shortage of grocers daughters in politics nowadays unfortunately. 

I just realised that Thatcher was the daughter of Alf Roberts who owned a grocer shop and was heavily into politics. Sounds familiar. 🧐

I also see she was one of the first members of the aptly named Vermin Club.

Aye we need more like her, like her as in deid.

Unknown user
1 minute ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Of course, communism works doesn't it. Been a success right around the world. Queuing for an hour to buy a loaf of bread and full employment with old women employed to press buttons in lifts. Naaah, I think we'll stick with what we've got thanks. Surely, no-one outwith universities still believes in communism do they??

:laugh2: yeah thats exactly what I was saying, nice straw man

4 hours ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Yeh, at least there hasn't been any rave's there this year.................yet.

Hmmm. Now there's an idea :rofl:

Francis Albert
11 minutes ago, Smithee said:

The right are destroying the world? So every right of centre democratically elected government is destroying the world? As we speak. 

Intolerance is always dangerous whether from the left or right. As history makes depressingly clear.p

Enzo Chiefo
7 minutes ago, Smithee said:

:laugh2: yeah thats exactly what I was saying, nice straw man

Communists destroyed everything they touched. A means to an end and all that. Just laying out the facts for you.

3 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

The right are destroying the world? So every right of centre democratically elected government is destroying the world? As we speak. 

Intolerance is always dangerous whether from the left or right. As history makes depressingly clear.

I'd trust the right less than the left to take care of the planet. Environmental policies, taxing the most polluting corporations, taxing corporations in general etc.

Francis Albert
12 minutes ago, kila said:

I'd trust the right less than the left to take care of the planet. Environmental policies, taxing the most polluting corporations, taxing corporations in general etc.

Have you read about the environmental impact of Russian and Chinese  and other communist regimes on the environment? State and idealogically driven devastation.

2 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Have you read about the environmental impact of Russian and Chinese  and other communist regimes on the environment? State and idealogically driven devastation.

Are we comparing the hard left to the hard right, or just the general left and right?

The Greens are a left wing party. What exists on the right with similar environmental policies etc?

Francis Albert
20 minutes ago, kila said:

Are we comparing the hard left to the hard right, or just the general left and right?

The Greens are a left wing party. What exists on the right with similar environmental policies etc?

You referred to the right not the hard right. 

Do the Greens define themselves as left? Maybe but that is not their defining characteristic.

Are you saying people who are right don't by definition  care about the environment?

PS just read their core values on their website. Nothing inconsistent with a progressive right winger. (Speaking as a left winger)

Edited by Francis Albert

5 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

You referred to the right not the hard right. 

Do the Greens define themselves as left? Maybe but that is not their defining characteristic.

Are you saying people who are right don't by definition  care about the environment?

No, they are just less likely to than those on the left.

Francis Albert
Just now, kila said:

No, they are just less likely to than those on the left.

Except maybe those historically  of the hard left. Or arguably of the left generally.

3 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Except maybe those historically  of the hard left. Or arguably of the left generally.

So you're saying those on the right are generally more about protecting the environment?

:trippin:

Francis Albert
5 minutes ago, kila said:

So you're saying those on the right are generally more about protecting the environment?

:trippin:

No. Try reading again.

Unknown user
39 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Totalitarian regimes are indeed a bad thing, but that's not what we're talking about. Is "Jean Jeanie" really into totalitarian regimes or the concepts of wealth being shared more equally, and a generally more communal approach?

She's an "ex-card carrying commie" :laugh:

This isn't 50s USA ffs, it was a lame punch to throw.

Francis Albert
52 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Totalitarian regimes are indeed a bad thing, but that's not what we're talking about. Is "Jean Jeanie" really into totalitarian regimes or the concepts of wealth being shared more equally, and a generally more communal approach?

She's an "ex-card carrying commie" :laugh:

This isn't 50s USA ffs, it was a lame punch to throw.

A punch I didn't throw.

21 hours ago, SwindonJambo said:

The PM's old man's at it too. Privilege, silver spoons, hypocrisy and arrogance. It will all backfire when everyone else asks why they should bother.

It already did the minute cummings took a 60mile round trip whilst driving his car to 'test his eyesight 😂😂😂😂

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )
  • JKBMod 12 featured, locked, unlocked and unfeatured this topic