Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )

CJGJ

The Real Maroonblood
13 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

You could argue the same for a train where there you the only passenger in a compartment.  Makes the regulation/advice much simpler to frame and enforce ( on the rare occasion it is ) I suppose. . 

Compartments?

Is that these old trains with sliding doors?

• Replies 107.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

davemclaren
Just now, The Real Maroonblood said:

Compartments?

Is that these old trains with sliding doors?

No idea where that came from...carriage. 🤣🤣

Jambo 4 Ever
1 hour ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

I'm not against the wearing of face masks and I will do so when I have to, but what my beef is, I'm now going to have to wear a mask in shops, the exact same shops that for the last 4 months I've not needed to wear a mask in and all because the big shops in the cities are open, so why should that affect us out in the country?

Here in Innerleithen, there are no big shops, and all the shops which are open and have been open throughout this, only allow 1 or 2 people in the shop at any one time, all except the Co-op which is 12, so there will never ever be a crowded shop here.  But from the 10 July I will have to wear a mask, even when I'm the only customer in that shop, that's my issue with this, the stupidity of it, for where I live.

Different in the cities and I get that and it will work in the crowded shops, but here in a rural setting, absolutely nowhere the same need to wear masks.

Really  not a big deal 

1 hour ago, Cade said:

Soho, London, last night.

5568.jpg?width=620&quality=85&auto=forma5007.jpg?width=620&quality=85&auto=forma

Face masks? Social distancing? Table service? Pre-booked timeslots?

:rofl:

Looks all right to me, bunch of gay people abiding by the new rules. It was deserted around Paddington, empty pubs all day and I never ventured in. Meanwhile Northumberland and the the Lake district have had their economy boosted by a massive influx of Scots. Congratulations for those ignoring the SG's advice and saving jobs and businesses in England. 

The Real Maroonblood
2 minutes ago, SE16 3LN said:

Looks all right to me, bunch of gay people abiding by the new rules. It was deserted around Paddington, empty pubs all day and I never ventured in. Meanwhile Northumberland and the the Lake district have had their economy boosted by a massive influx of Scots. Congratulations for those ignoring the SG's advice and saving jobs and businesses in England. 

Defying the SG never.

:lol:

Jambo-Jimbo
22 minutes ago, Natural Orders said:

Really  not a big deal 

It's the principal that nothing has changed here, yet we are expected to comply with the rules which have been designed for the cities.

Just wish a lot of these city folks respected the countryside code and take their litter home with them or stop setting hills on fire by the reckless use of BBQ's and the other real biggy of actually shutting a gate after them.

Tommy Brown

Viral: The 5G Conspiracy Theory: www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/m000ksfh via @bbciplayer

Just watched this on BBC.

There is not enough facepalm emojis.

Incredible how stupid people be.

Jambo 4 Ever
52 minutes ago, SE16 3LN said:

Shocking!!

https://news.sky.com/story/thousands-flock-back-to-pubs-as-some-bars-close-early-after-irresponsible-behaviour-12021455

Edited by Natural Orders

davemclaren
38 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

It's the principal that nothing has changed here, yet we are expected to comply with the rules which have been designed for the cities.

Just wish a lot of these city folks respected the countryside code and take their litter home with them or stop setting hills on fire by the reckless use of BBQ's and the other real biggy of actually shutting a gate after them.

Grumpy Fermer Jim. 😄 I agree re the countryside code. 👍

40 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Absolutely 👍

34 minutes ago, Natural Orders said:

I'm quite shocked that people, mainly, behaved responsibly. The doom merchants have been proved wrong as usual. Back to curtain twitching and being appalled by homosexuality for you lot!!!

JudyJudyJudy
1 hour ago, SE16 3LN said:

I think the “ straights “ our numbered “ the gays “ yesterday judging by the postings on twitter etc of people not socially distancing etc ! 

Jambo 4 Ever
12 minutes ago, SE16 3LN said:

I'm quite shocked that people, mainly, behaved responsibly. The doom merchants have been proved wrong as usual. Back to curtain twitching and being appalled by homosexuality for you lot!!!

What on Earth are you on about mate 

3 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

I think the “ straights “ our numbered “ the gays “ yesterday judging by the postings on twitter etc of people not socially distancing etc ! 

The two images posted are from Old Compton Street in Soho so that's what I commented on.

JudyJudyJudy
Just now, SE16 3LN said:

The two images posted are from Old Compton Street in Soho so that's what I commented on.

Yeah ok 

1 minute ago, Natural Orders said:

What on Earth are you on about mate 

The first bit says that people behaved responsibly.

Doom merchants refers to the people who were telling us that the fabric of society will break down if the pubs are opened. These same people look out from their curtains, say tut tut and make a complaint about pretty much everything. They tend to be people who think that gay people are an outrage although I included that because a previous poster was outraged by gay people in Soho.

How on earth didn't you understand that?

7 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Yeah ok 

Clearly not somewhere you've frequented. I'm off there now so I'll report back if any standards of decency are broken.

Governor Tarkin
1 minute ago, SE16 3LN said:

I'm off there now so I'll report back if any standards of decency are broken.

Wish I was joining you, mate. Have fun. 👍

2 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Wish I was joining you, mate. Have fun. 👍

Thanks Guv.

JudyJudyJudy
5 minutes ago, SE16 3LN said:

Clearly not somewhere you've frequented. I'm off there now so I'll report back if any standards of decency are broken.

You should never assume ! I’ve been to soho many times through the years and loved it .  Used to go down to London loads in the 1980s with one of  my ex ( male !) loved the Hippodrome on a Monday night or maybe a visit to Earl’s Court . Sadly London has been so gentrified and expensive I hardly visit or have  the inclination  to . 

4 hours ago, SwindonJambo said:

There are extreme fruitcakes on both sides of that debate to be fair. Both equally embarrassing and best avoided.

Yip! 

1 hour ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Defying the SG never.

They probably live there. 

2 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

You should never assume ! I’ve been to soho many times through the years and loved it .  Used to go down to London loads in the 1980s with one of  my ex ( male !) loved the Hippodrome on a Monday night or maybe a visit to Earl’s Court . Sadly London has been so gentrified and expensive I hardly visit or have  the inclination  to . 

It felt like you were mugging me off sorry. Its all just a bit young for me mate, but there are some new scenes for any sexuality emerging around London. I accept the point about gentrification.

JudyJudyJudy
3 minutes ago, SE16 3LN said:

It felt like you were mugging me off sorry. Its all just a bit young for me mate, but there are some new scenes for any sexuality emerging around London. I accept the point about gentrification.

No that’s fine . Not been to London for around 9 years now and I noted soho had changed beyond recognition compared to the 1980s 90 s when I was a frequent visitor . I wouldn’t know what’s about in London now pub / culture wise . 

manaliveits105

On BBC national news - not one person landing in Scotland has been quarantined or traced to date - well done SG 

maybe the knobs who turned up at Berwick yesterday could be put to use to help out 

Francis Albert
27 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

He might at least have mentioned WHO anong the culprits.

From praising China for its exemplary handling of the outbreak, through saying international air travel was not a significant factor in spreading the virus, to its U turn on the value of face masks etc. WHO has hardly had a good pandemic. 

Edited by Francis Albert

6 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

On BBC national news - not one person landing in Scotland has been quarantined or traced to date - well done SG 

maybe the knobs who turned up at Berwick yesterday could be put to use to help out 

That might have something to do with the Home Office and access to their database

Francis Albert
3 hours ago, Cade said:

Soho, London, last night.

5568.jpg?width=620&quality=85&auto=forma5007.jpg?width=620&quality=85&auto=forma

Face masks? Social distancing? Table service? Pre-booked timeslots?

:rofl:

The Observer , hardly a source that has ever minimised the seriousness of anything to do with Coronavirus, reports that many pubs didn't open and most that did were quieter than usual. 

The "carnage" predicted (with something like relish by some) for the most part didn't happen.

Edited by Francis Albert

31 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

He might at least have mentioned WHO anong the culprits.

From praising China for its exemplary handling of the outbreak, through saying international air travel was not a significant factor in spreading the virus, to its U turn on the value of face masks etc. WHO has hardly had a good pandemic. 

Beat me to it.

manaliveits105
1 hour ago, Gulpener said:

That might have something to do with the Home Office and access to their database

I heard Jean trot out that excuse - Tories Bad not oor fault - Freeeeeeedom .

The Real Maroonblood
1 hour ago, ri Alban said:

They probably live there. 

More than likely.

Carlaw raging about it so not all bad.

The Real Maroonblood
1 hour ago, Brian Dundas said:

Border security is remit of UK Gov

:spoton:

Simpletons don’t realise that.

The Real Maroonblood
4 hours ago, davemclaren said:

No idea where that came from...carriage. 🤣🤣

Francis Albert
1 hour ago, Brian Dundas said:

Border security is remit of UK Gov

When I fly to Edinburgh from London (or indeed in the case of anyone arriving from from anywhere)  there is or used to be a manned Police Scotland desk you passed as you left the air side of the terminal and passed to the land side. Who  within Scotland enforces the rules/guidance the Scottish Government puts in place to combat Coronavirus. If not Police Scotland then who?

Edited by Francis Albert

3 hours ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

You missed taking a shit up Toll Wood :D

Francis Albert
26 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

:spoton:

Simpletons don’t realise that.

I thought the issue was follow up tests to check on quarantine  requirements. Was Border Security tasked with this? Genuine question, but I had assumed (simplistically perhaps) it was, once in Scotland and beyond security, up to the Scottish authorities.

Edited by Francis Albert

7 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

I thought the issue was follow up tests to check on quarantine  requirements. Was Border Security tasked with this? Genuine question, but I had assumed (simplistically perhaps) it was, once in Scotland and beyond security, up to the Scottish authorities.

Home office security checks required before the trackers could get going. 

But you already know this. But still, gives you the chance to criticise Scotland from afar.  You're a Londoner concentrate on the problems they face. 

Edited by ri Alban

The Real Maroonblood
4 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

I’m sure the SG will be asked about this.

As was pointed out it maybe down to a database issue.

Hopefully we’ll get it clarified.

3 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

I’m sure the SG will be asked about this.

As was pointed out it maybe down to a database issue.

Hopefully we’ll get it clarified.

Clarification was given this morning by the Health secretary. Track and trace will commence this coming week, as security clearance is now out the way.  But I suppose FA just ignores the facts. 

Edited by ri Alban

Jambo-Jimbo
20 minutes ago, Dunks said:

You missed taking a shit up Toll Wood :D

Yeh, at least there hasn't been any rave's there this year.................yet.

The Real Maroonblood
15 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Clarification was given this morning by the Health secretary. Track and trace will commence this coming week, as security clearance is now out the way.  But I suppose FA just ignores the facts. 

👍

Francis Albert
17 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

I missed that clarification so I was not ignoring it. Thanks for the answer.

Samuel Camazzola
6 hours ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

I'm not against the wearing of face masks and I will do so when I have to, but what my beef is, I'm now going to have to wear a mask in shops, the exact same shops that for the last 4 months I've not needed to wear a mask in and all because the big shops in the cities are open, so why should that affect us out in the country?

Here in Innerleithen, there are no big shops, and all the shops which are open and have been open throughout this, only allow 1 or 2 people in the shop at any one time, all except the Co-op which is 12, so there will never ever be a crowded shop here.  But from the 10 July I will have to wear a mask, even when I'm the only customer in that shop, that's my issue with this, the stupidity of it, for where I live.

Different in the cities and I get that and it will work in the crowded shops, but here in a rural setting, absolutely nowhere the same need to wear masks.

4 hours ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

💯 % correct on both counts! 

Even to this day, the medical experts state bog-standard coverings add no value. There was also a point recently made on one of the news outlets that the majority of folk who had tested positive had been frequent mask-wearers. 🤔

14 minutes ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

💯 % correct on both counts! 

Even to this day, the medical experts state bog-standard coverings add no value. There was also a point recently made on one of the news outlets that the majority of folk who had tested positive had been frequent mask-wearers. 🤔

Unfortunate sods must've been infected by spreaders without face coverings.

Governor Tarkin
31 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Talk that the Government is doing what it does best............another U-turn, this time Huawai to be dropped from supplying 5G to the UK.

...and Hong Kong.

Delighted with this turn of events.

It's bonkers that they were consiered in the first place.

The Mighty Thor
1 hour ago, Francis Albert said:

When I fly to Edinburgh from London (or indeed in the case of anyone arriving from from anywhere)  there is or used to be a manned Police Scotland desk you passed as you left the air side of the terminal and passed to the land side. Who  within Scotland enforces the rules/guidance the Scottish Government puts in place to combat Coronavirus. If not Police Scotland then who?

When you arrive into Scotland from outside the UK you are processed by the UK Border Agency. 

Entry to the UK and the checks on those entering the UK is a reserved matter. 

The Real Maroonblood
3 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

When you arrive into Scotland from outside the UK you are processed by the UK Border Agency. 

Entry to the UK and the checks on those entering the UK is a reserved matter. 

To safe hassle the UK government should just give us the responsibility.

:sweeet:

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )
  • JKBMod 12 featured, locked, unlocked and unfeatured this topic