• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

been here before
23 minutes ago, westbow said:

Why would you get on a bus without a seatbelt tho? Pretty dangerous 

Problem here is that he's not really thought this through...

1 hour ago, Natural Orders said:

would you get in a car without wearing a seatbelt?

1 hour ago, Natural Orders said:

Umm I don’t see how they are not relevant

seat belts potentially save lives

face masks potentially save lives of others too!

anyone who doesn’t wear one is an ignorant selfish twit - no debate about it!

Until its made law or enforced properly by bus companies (or we can talk about any type of business) who have firstly been given the powers by Government to do so, some people will continue to go without. 

But this is Britain/Scotland now. Scared to encroach on peoples human rights and all that nonsense. Its always "advice" or a "recommendation" as to not be forceful.   Government advice breaks down the minute they give it.   

I'm back to work on a building site on Monday in the middle of Edinburgh and im sure the bus journey will see some with and without masks    

Jambo-Jimbo
2 hours ago, vegas-voss said:

So looking like Spain is getting hit again as one region of 200k folk is to enter into lockdown again.

Areas to the West of Barcelona in Calalonia.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-53291281

Will probably be tourists who will have just arrived in Barcelona & Salou, quite probably be cacking themselves now.

Edited by Jambo-Jimbo

9 hours ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

There was a case last week where someone on a flight from Paris CDG to , I think, EDI, took his mask off on board and was asked to put it back on by the stewardess. He did..but was still met by the Police on arrival and the rules were reinforced to him. 

Maybe the punters you refer to might not be heading to the beach immediately if there is a welcoming party waiting for them.😂

There's also this guy :lol: 

trump-supporter-on-a-plane-.jpg&cfs=1&ex

Just now, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Areas to the West of Barcelona in Calalonia.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-53291281

Will probably be tourists who will have just arrived in Barcelona & Salou, quite probably be cacking themselves now.

Costa Del Sol also hit with a rise in numbers in the past week since tourists started arriving.

7 hours ago, kila said:

I was meaning in general. Across the world. If change for the better because of things like climate change is to happen it needs to come from the top. But not seeing that much anywhere in the world.

That's one of the things I've been mulling over.

The speed and political will over covid regarding the economy and actions taken.

Yet on the scale of things covid does less harm than many other things.

Hoping more people continue to get the opportunity to work from home some days. There's so much unnecessary travel.

Also hoping more people continue to cycle, especially those who only have short journeys. It has been a joy to get out cycling when the roads are quieter and there's not a stream of cars whizzing past your elbows.

Jambo-Jimbo
15 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

Costa Del Sol also hit with a rise in numbers in the past week since tourists started arriving.

Was always likely to happen, the real test is going to be if infections continue in the coming weeks, or settle down.

8 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

Hoping more people continue to get the opportunity to work from home some days. There's so much unnecessary travel.

Also hoping more people continue to cycle, especially those who only have short journeys. It has been a joy to get out cycling when the roads are quieter and there's not a stream of cars whizzing past your elbows.

One of the main reasons why I stopped using main roads, even here in the country, use side roads and purpose built bike tracks mostly nowadays.

29 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

Back to the old argument, who pays to use the roads, not cyclists.

Who is insured on the road, not cyclists.

who passes a test to be on the road,not cyclists.

26 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

Quieter at nights  definite improvement in air quality.

Maybe we can take some positives from this.

As you say many can work from home.

And perhaps we can look at the way we work.

The madness of rush hour etc.

5 minutes ago, obua said:

20190802_172124.jpg

1 hour ago, Debut 4 said:

Until its made law or enforced properly by bus companies (or we can talk about any type of business) who have firstly been given the powers by Government to do so, some people will continue to go without. 

But this is Britain/Scotland now. Scared to encroach on peoples human rights and all that nonsense. Its always "advice" or a "recommendation" as to not be forceful.   Government advice breaks down the minute they give it.   

I'm back to work on a building site on Monday in the middle of Edinburgh and im sure the bus journey will see some with and without masks    

Are you working on the new St. James Centre?

If so, this bloody thing will have slowed down it’s progress a wee bitty.

Good luck on Monday, btw.  Both with the job, and the bus journey.  :lol: 

Keep safe.

All roads lead to Gorgie
21 minutes ago, obua said:

Who causes roads to break up and require expensive resurfacing, not cyclists 😉

Enzo Chiefo
1 hour ago, Ray Gin said:

There's also this guy :lol: 

trump-supporter-on-a-plane-.jpg&cfs=1&ex

😂. If the cap fits...Trump style

5 minutes ago, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

Who causes roads to break up and require expensive resurfacing, not cyclists 😉

True, cyclists prefer pavements. Especially around traffic lights.

All roads lead to Gorgie
1 minute ago, obua said:

Aye, 90% of pavement cyclists work for deliveroo. Don't let that sway you.😄

1 hour ago, obua said:

Nobody pays to use the roads. Car owners, however, pay a vehicle emission tax. Bicycles are obviously zero emission. This tax does not get directly spent on roads regardless.

I have bike insurance and also drive so know the highway code. :thumbsup: 

48 minutes ago, obua said:

Some cyclists are utter bellends, there's no denying that. We don't all do that though!

Saw one twat on a bike the other day go through red rights at the junction outside Asda Chesser having just come under the bridge. He swooped over the right, went up the wrong side of the the road through the crossing, then after the lights swooped back over to the correct side of the road, narrowly missing an oncoming car. He then merrily went on his way, cycling along using no hands. I would never usually wish injury on anyone, but he certainly would have deserved it!

Edited by Ray Gin

1 minute ago, Ray Gin said:

Some cyclists are utter bellends, there's no denying that. We don't all do that though!

Saw one twat on a bike the other day go through red rights at the junction outside Asda Chesser having just come on the bridge. He swooped over the right hand lane, went up the wrong side of the the road, then after the lights swooped back over to the correct side of the road, narrowly missing an oncoming car. He then merrily went one his way cycling along using no hands. I would never usually wish injury on anyone, but he certainly would have deserved it!

Obviously you know why some cyclists upset other road users, Like in lots of things the minority give others a bad name.👍

Jambo 4 Ever
1 hour ago, jonesy said:

Yep. All the time when I lived in Asia and Africa. Still here. 

Don’t be such a twit

1 hour ago, Morgan said:

Are you working on the new St. James Centre?

If so, this bloody thing will have slowed down it’s progress a wee bitty.

Good luck on Monday, btw.  Both with the job, and the bus journey.  :lol: 

Keep safe.

Lol, cheers M.  

Funnily enough I was on the St James site when lockdown started. I’m returning to a job at the Pleasance this time though. 

It was eerie and uncertain times in the couple of days leading up to lockdown. The job basically came to a standstill, hundreds of guys congregated outside the big RC church waiting to be told to go home. 

Think the place was due to open some premises late 2021 but that’ll obviously change massively now. 👍🏻

frankblack
1 hour ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

It’s hard to believe this is a COVID-19 thread.

😳

Here's something to get it back on track.

Farage in a bit of bother after hitting the boozer yesterday in Kent, when he was on social media in the USA with Trump on 20th June if not later.  There is a 14 day quarantine period for returning from the USA.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-53294155

SwindonJambo
1 hour ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

It’s hard to believe this is a COVID-19 thread.

😳

😂 Nowhere's better than here for threads straying off topic and taking a few twists and turns  ;)

SwindonJambo
Just now, frankblack said:

Farage in a bit of bother after hitting the boozer yesterday in Kent, when he was on social media in the USA with Trump on 20th June if not later.  There is a 14 day quarantine period for returning from the USA.

Farage is a delusional arrogant prick and this does not surprise me in the slightest. Hope they throw the book at him.

davemclaren

I don't get the angst over face masks. Even if they are turn out not to make any/much difference why not wear them?

i think it’s clear the top quality/grade ones do make a difference but the lower quality ones most will wear will likely mitigate dime of the risk of infecting or getting infected. 

Doesn't seem a big imposition to me. 

Dagger Is Back
26 minutes ago, SwindonJambo said:

Farage is a delusional arrogant prick and this does not surprise me in the slightest. Hope they throw the book at him.

Hope it’s something heavier than a book! These folks think they’re above the law and partly explains why the hard of thinking behave as they do

SwindonJambo
4 minutes ago, Dagger Is Back said:

Hope it’s something heavier than a book! These folks think they’re above the law and partly explains why the hard of thinking behave as they do

The PM's old man's at it too. Privilege, silver spoons, hypocrisy and arrogance. It will all backfire when everyone else asks why they should bother.

Jambo 4 Ever
24 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

I don't get the angst over face masks. Even if they are turn out not to make any/much difference why not wear them?

i think it’s clear the top quality/grade ones do make a difference but the lower quality ones most will wear will likely mitigate dime of the risk of infecting or getting infected. 

Exactly 

well said

Jambo 4 Ever
42 minutes ago, jonesy said:

What, for confirming to societal norms?

Sure thing. 

You should try it sometime. 

So you follow others instead of doing the right thing??!!

manaliveits105
14 hours ago, Nucky Thompson said:

A convoy of nationalists parked at the Scottish border at Berwick wearing hazmat suits and masks with banners telling English people to 'stay the feck away' :vrface:

Absolute arseholes 

Hard to take the krankies seriously these days 

images1ZSRPVKJ.jpg

3 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

Hard to take the krankies seriously these days 

images1ZSRPVKJ.jpg

Opposed to who, the warmers who will be marching this month to guard Derry's walls. 

Mac_fae_Gillie
8 hours ago, frankblack said:

Not 100% on the rules but thought it was 14days or a test, if he had a test and results were back is he not clear to go out..(this ain't a Farage support post btw)

SwindonJambo
3 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Opposed to who, the warmers who will be marching this month to guard Derry's walls. 

There are extreme fruitcakes on both sides of that debate to be fair. Both equally embarrassing and best avoided.

The Real Maroonblood
8 hours ago, frankblack said:

What an a******e.

The Real Maroonblood
9 minutes ago, SwindonJambo said:

There are extreme fruitcakes on both sides of that debate to be fair. Both equally embarrassing and best avoided.

:spoton:

Unknown user
15 minutes ago, weehammy said:

Wore disposable one last night for the first time in a near empty supermarket. Pretty uncomfortable and made my specs steam up so had to remove them. Confirmed my intention to simply avoid situations where wearing one is compulsory, including (if it ever comes to that) football matches.

There are plenty of more comfortable options out there than disposable masks.

Governor Tarkin
10 hours ago, Ray Gin said:

cyclists are utter bellends.

Bike whankers.

:seething:

Edited by Governor Tarkin

Jambo-Jimbo
8 hours ago, davemclaren said:

I'm not against the wearing of face masks and I will do so when I have to, but what my beef is, I'm now going to have to wear a mask in shops, the exact same shops that for the last 4 months I've not needed to wear a mask in and all because the big shops in the cities are open, so why should that affect us out in the country?

Here in Innerleithen, there are no big shops, and all the shops which are open and have been open throughout this, only allow 1 or 2 people in the shop at any one time, all except the Co-op which is 12, so there will never ever be a crowded shop here.  But from the 10 July I will have to wear a mask, even when I'm the only customer in that shop, that's my issue with this, the stupidity of it, for where I live.

Different in the cities and I get that and it will work in the crowded shops, but here in a rural setting, absolutely nowhere the same need to wear masks.

The Real Maroonblood
10 minutes ago, Harry Potter said:

Front of my paper today, i said last week this would happen, 

002.JPG

Laughable.

frankblack
1 hour ago, Mac_fae_Gillie said:

Not 100% on the rules but thought it was 14days or a test, if he had a test and results were back is he not clear to go out..(this ain't a Farage support post btw)

Tests can give a false positive at the early stages when not showing symptoms.  I believe the 14 days is regardless of any test.

Harry Potter
20 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Laughable.

Not a surprise though bud, thats the biggest worry.

All roads lead to Gorgie
9 hours ago, SwindonJambo said:

The PM's old man's at it too. Privilege, silver spoons, hypocrisy and arrogance. It will all backfire when everyone else asks why they should bother.

FFS, his son was nearly at deaths door not so many weeks ago. This form of arrogant recklessness will put many more families in similar positions. 

davemclaren
1 hour ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

I'm not against the wearing of face masks and I will do so when I have to, but what my beef is, I'm now going to have to wear a mask in shops, the exact same shops that for the last 4 months I've not needed to wear a mask in and all because the big shops in the cities are open, so why should that affect us out in the country?

Here in Innerleithen, there are no big shops, and all the shops which are open and have been open throughout this, only allow 1 or 2 people in the shop at any one time, all except the Co-op which is 12, so there will never ever be a crowded shop here.  But from the 10 July I will have to wear a mask, even when I'm the only customer in that shop, that's my issue with this, the stupidity of it, for where I live.

Different in the cities and I get that and it will work in the crowded shops, but here in a rural setting, absolutely nowhere the same need to wear masks.

You could argue the same for a train where there you the only passenger in a compartment.  Makes the regulation/advice much simpler to frame and enforce ( on the rare occasion it is ) I suppose. . 

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )
  • JKBMod 12 featured, locked, unlocked and unfeatured this topic