Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

18 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

I won’t be wearing a mask either. I’m not saying that to try sound hard or anything but I refuse to become some neurotic loony afraid of everyone. Nobody should need told to cover their mouth or face when coughing, sneezing etc or to wash their hands ffs. 
Actually makes me dread thinking about everyone wearing masks and people being like wee nazis if you don’t wear it. 

Wasn’t long ago we mocked people for this type of thing. 
I don’t like it at all. 

The mocking may have been down to ignorance of why some cultures wore them. In Japan for instance, if the wearer has a respiratory ailment, it's respect for others.

Initialy, I thought they wore them to combat the air polution.

Edited by OBE

Governor Tarkin
14 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

Actually makes me dread thinking about everyone wearing masks and people being like wee nazis if you don’t wear it. 

I don’t like it at all. 

1 minute ago, Ray Gin said:

Hopefully masks in indoors public spaces will become mandatory since some are too selfish to bother with them.

#maskshaming

exyfUfT7u8HluIYw.jpg

Governor Tarkin
4 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

:pleasing: 

:jj:

1 minute ago, jack D and coke said:

:lol:

DzDr0aIXQAIFXYO.jpg

AlimOzturk
22 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

Hopefully masks in indoors public spaces will become mandatory since some are too selfish to bother with them. Anything that helps reduce the spread has to be a good thing.

https://www.scotsman.com/news/politics/face-masks-may-become-mandatory-scotland-says-nicola-sturgeon-2874694

Edited by AlimOzturk

frankblack
36 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

I won’t be wearing a mask either. I’m not saying that to try sound hard or anything but I refuse to become some neurotic loony afraid of everyone. Nobody should need told to cover their mouth or face when coughing, sneezing etc or to wash their hands ffs. 

I don’t like it at all. 

You would think that common decency and manners would be observed, but if you had to travel to work every day on buses you would get surrounded by people who make no attempt to cover their mouth when sneezing.

I had more colds in my first year of my curent job while commuting on buses than when I drove to work for 11 years in my last job.

40 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

I don’t like it at all. 

Don't get upset when refused service.

AlimOzturk
32 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

Hopefully masks in indoors public spaces will become mandatory since some are too selfish to bother with them. Anything that helps reduce the spread has to be a good thing.

https://www.scotsman.com/news/politics/face-masks-may-become-mandatory-scotland-says-nicola-sturgeon-2874694

You lost your mask 

OPR-1070010_Pussy_Face_Oral_Sex_Mouth_Ga

Edited by AlimOzturk

vegas-voss
2 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

You lost your mask 

OPR-1070010_Pussy_Face_Oral_Sex_Mouth_Ga

Now see thats just wrong it should be covering his nose 😂

Jambo-Jimbo
27 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

Face masks / coverings are going to be the norm in the weeks ahead here in Scotland, I feel and compulsory on public transport.

Personally, I wear a maroon one when i go to the supermarket and I felt a bit embarrassed at first but now it doesn't bother me. 

So much so, that we ordered another couple with various designs. Mine is black with the Forth Bridge lit up. 

I may look a bit daft but I don't give a shit and I reckon Hearts should market them. 

Thoughts, dear friends ? 

Are you too embarrassed ? Do you think they don't work ? Are you happy to wear one ? 

Haven't worn one, never had the need to, yet, I rarely if ever use public transport so that's not an issue, and our local co-op there is plenty of space inside, even the staff don't wear masks and I'd say that 90-95% of the public around here don't wear masks either, I've seen very very few people here wearing masks.

In places with higher populations such as Edinburgh/Glasgow etc, then I can fully understand the need to wear face masks/coverings, but out here in the country there isn't the same need, I could go up to my High Street right now and I'd be lucky to see 6 people and instead of keeping 2 metres apart we could keep 10 metres apart with complete ease.  The shops which are open have limits on the number of people allowed in at any one time, and that limit is 1 (Post Office & Butcher) or 2 (Chemist) and the queues outside, more often than not there isn't any and even if there is, it's typically only 1, 2 or 3 people at most.  

Again advantage of living in a rural setting, way way less people.

If it becomes compulsary to wear face masks in shops then I'd just have to wear one. 

The Internet

I'm more excited to see who's more insufferable out of the 'I'm defo no wearing a mask' crowd and the 'people who don't wear masks are TERRIBLE' crowd. So far it's quite even. 

Must admit I haven't worn one yet, we've got one now though so will prob wear it next time I'm in a shop and give evil glares to those who aren't. 

You put your mask on when you join the queue to get into the shop or just before you board public transport.

Then when you leave the shop or alight the vehicle you can take it back off again.

It's not a terrible imposition.

jack D and coke
24 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Don't get upset when refused service.

I’m really surprised at you tbh Aussie. I mean with two weeks training you’d be world heavyweight boxing champion and probably UFC too then back on a roof by the Monday morning💪🏼💪🏼
I thought you’d have been like that boy shouting aboot “weans diggin up wurms and then eating a piece and jam hahaha yaaaassss scoattish immune sustems” 
Bizarre. 

vegas-voss

Its kind of crazy how folks minds work.I seen a couple shopping the other week , the female had a face mask on but her husband never.I  have seen checkout staff with a visor but no mask.I have also seen shop staff with mask or visor wear it but when their shift must have  finished walk round doing there own shopping without one.

jack D and coke
48 minutes ago, frankblack said:

You would think that common decency and manners would be observed, but if you had to travel to work every day on buses you would get surrounded by people who make no attempt to cover their mouth when sneezing.

I had more colds in my first year of my curent job while commuting on buses than when I drove to work for 11 years in my last job.

Aye the most alarming thing has been the fact people have had to be told to wash their hands. 
Tramps. 

16 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

I’m really surprised at you tbh Aussie. I mean with two weeks training you’d be world heavyweight boxing champion and probably UFC too then back on a roof by the Monday morning💪🏼💪🏼
I thought you’d have been like that boy shouting aboot “weans diggin up wurms and then eating a piece and jam hahaha yaaaassss scoattish immune sustems” 
Bizarre. 

🤣 My attitude is bizarre. You seem to be taking this infection prevention a bit personal. I'll carry on as usual, but if face covers become mandatory, (Where 2m isn't doable or confined spaces) no-one will be allowed travel in any public transport or private hire cabs without exemption. And they'll probably be refused from all supermarkets, petrol stations, football stadiums etc... etc... Easier wearing a mask til it's not needed. 

It's only common courtesy. 

Keep up the rage! Jack. 

Unknown user
1 hour ago, jack D and coke said:

I don’t like it at all. 

It's as big a deal as you let it be mate. I wear one all day every day at work, long hot sweaty hours. It's uncomfortable, it makes breathing more difficult, it's hot, but if it reduces the chances of me bringing this stuff home to my Mrs by even a bawhair I'm wearing it.

jack D and coke
3 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

🤣 My attitude is bizarre. You seem to be taking this infection prevention a bit personal. I'll carry on as usual, but if face covers become mandatory, (Where 2m isn't doable or confined spaces) no-one will be allowed travel in any public transport or private hire cabs without exemption. And they'll probably be refused from all supermarkets, petrol stations, football stadiums etc... etc... Easier wearing a mask til it's not needed. 

It's only common courtesy. 

Keep up the rage! Jack. 

Not taking it personal I’m just surprised at everyone wanting to go down these roads. All afraid of each other. These things grow arms and legs and it unnerves me. 

jack D and coke
4 minutes ago, Smithee said:

It's as big a deal as you let it be mate. I wear one all day every day at work, long hot sweaty hours. It's uncomfortable, it makes breathing more difficult, it's hot, but if it reduces the chances of me bringing this stuff home to my Mrs by even a bawhair I'm wearing it.

Aye that’s all fair enough man. 
It’s the ones who will be wee nazis if you don’t wear one that worry me. 

Just now, jack D and coke said:

Not taking it personal I’m just surprised at everyone wanting to go down these roads. All afraid of each other. These things grow arms and legs and it unnerves me. 

I think this will give people more confidence. But the people you talk about, would be the same, with or without covid-19 fecking aboot, bud. 

10 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

Are you really more concerned about being told off for not wearing a mask than you are about potentially passing on your germs to a vulnerable person?

Enzo Chiefo
5 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

And that's the danger. How are we going to get back to people interacting normally with each other? The governments have successfully instilled a disproportionate level of fear in people and easing that will be a problem. Despite thinking I wouldn't,  I now wear a mask - medical grade, easily bought from the chemist - because it offers a greater level of protection to me and to others. But I have no problem with others choosing not to wear one because that is an individual choice. The main protection comes from wearing one, not from others wearing them, regardless of what politicians would have you believe. Eventually though, we will have to start behaving as we did just a few months ago. Latest figures from England showing less than 0.1% having the virus at any one time, indicates that that time will not be far away.

jack D and coke
11 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

Are you really more concerned about being told off for not wearing a mask than you are about potentially passing on your germs to a vulnerable person?

I’m more concerned about the levels of fear that people are developing for basic interactions. 
It’s unnerving me. I’m afraid this will become almost normal, everyone terrified of anyone coughing or anything. When do we stop? What if this it now? Once you install that fear it’s going to be a huge job dismantling it if that’s even possible now. 

JudyJudyJudy
2 hours ago, jonnothejambo said:

Face masks / coverings are going to be the norm in the weeks ahead here in Scotland, I feel and compulsory on public transport.

Personally, I wear a maroon one when i go to the supermarket and I felt a bit embarrassed at first but now it doesn't bother me. 

So much so, that we ordered another couple with various designs. Mine is black with the Forth Bridge lit up. 

I may look a bit daft but I don't give a shit and I reckon Hearts should market them. 

Thoughts, dear friends ? 

Are you too embarrassed ? Do you think they don't work ? Are you happy to wear one ? 

A family member of mine is a fashion designer and shes making hay while the sun shines with this. Has had loads of interest. I am getting my maroon face masks next week

AlimOzturk
1 hour ago, Cade said:

You put your mask on when you join the queue to get into the shop or just before you board public transport.

Then when you leave the shop or alight the vehicle you can take it back off again.

Aii, but you don't think they do anything to help so what is it to you? 

JudyJudyJudy
1 hour ago, Cade said:

Exactly ! its hardly a big deal. Just need to be careful if you are doing multiple activities in a day as you really shouldnt take the mask on and off. 

AlimOzturk
1 minute ago, JamesM48 said:

Exactly ! its hardly a big deal. Just need to be careful if you are doing multiple activities in a day as you really shouldnt take the mask on and off. 

For you for others it is a big deal.  Stop thinking that your opinion is the only one that matters. 

AlimOzturk
2 minutes ago, Brian Dundas said:

Surely if people wearing masks brought tourists back to the UK that would be a good thing for you and you would support it? It is a strange thing to get worked up about. I was not for the wearing of them until we realised that you could have the virus and pass it on without knowing, that made me realise it was just common courtesy too were one in shops and on busses etc.

It is either safe to resume travel or it isn't. It is either safe to gather in crowds or it isnt. No amount of mask wearing will change that. If they want to change the norms of people then by all means encourage it all they like. I am worked up with the mandatory nature of it. I am also worked up with the fear mongering and message that this potentially sends out...

I have no issue with folk wearing a mask freely. It is a different argument altogether if you feel it is courtesy or what not. But NO ONE should be forced to. Simple as that. 

2 hours ago, jonnothejambo said:

Thoughts, dear friends ? 

Can you put up the link for where you order from please, Jonno?

Cheers.

Edited by DETTY29

Weakened Offender
32 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

The governments have successfully instilled a disproportionate level of fear in people and easing that will be a problem. Despite thinking I wouldn't,  I now wear a mask - medical grade, easily bought from the chemist - because it offers a greater level of protection to me and to others. But I have no problem with others choosing not to wear one because that is an individual choice. The main protection comes from wearing one, not from others wearing them, regardless of what politicians would have you believe.

There. A montage of pish. Right there. 😁

Enzo Chiefo
7 minutes ago, Weakened Offender said:

Take a week off work and try to find something factually incorrect in my post...go on👍

8 minutes ago, Weakened Offender said:

Sadly par for the course for that particular poster.

Not aimed at anyone on here, but it seems like a lot of the people who say it should be a personal choice whether you cover your face or not, are the same people who object to Muslim women making a personal choice about covering their face or not.

jack D and coke
5 minutes ago, Brian Dundas said:

That is bollocks, it could be safe to resume travel if everyone wears a face covering in order they don't pass on the virus, but not safe if they do not as they can pass on the virus.

Just fills me with dread this scared way of living. Trying to make it a normality. 
The world will be messed man. 

6 minutes ago, fancy a brew said:

Not aimed at anyone on here, but it seems like a lot of the people who say it should be a personal choice whether you cover your face or not, are the same people who object to Muslim women making a personal choice about covering their face or not.

It's an interesting parallel actually. There's something quite ironic about France making face masks mandatory despite having 'banned the burqa'.

Personally I think both should be completely up to the individual in public. 

jack D and coke
3 minutes ago, Brian Dundas said:

It doesn't need to be permanent, but if gets things opened up quicker and football with fans back quicker etc etc, the only not normal thing will be masks, that is better then what we have just now.

I’m not convinced. We all going to wear masks on transport but not in bars? Or restaurants? But then put them back on for the football?

They’ve instilled a deadly fear into some of the population now. This won’t be easily rolled back now. At some point we have to get on with this in the knowledge there might never be a vaccine. 

Governor Tarkin
1 hour ago, jack D and coke said:

Bizarre. 

:lol:

49 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

For you for others it is a big deal.  Stop thinking that your opinion is the only one that matters. 

:D

19 minutes ago, fancy a brew said:

What are you basing this on?

I was wondering when the Islam face coverings thing would crop up.

One is a religious rule imposed upon women by a strict sect of Islam.

The other is helping to prevent a public health emergency that is killing hundreds of thousands of people worldwide.

They just happen to both cover the mouth and nose. That is where the similarity ends.

Right now, everybody should be wearing a face covering in public places.

That does not mean that the religious bammery is given carte blance and should not be criticised.

Once Covid-19 subsides, everybody should be given the free choice of wearing face coverings.

highlandjambo3
46 minutes ago, Brian Dundas said:

Surely if people wearing masks brought tourists back to the UK that would be a good thing for you and you would support it? It is a strange thing to get worked up about. I was not for the wearing of them until we realised that you could have the virus and pass it on without knowing, that made me realise it was just common courtesy too were one in shops and on busses etc.

I had planned on doing private tours of the highlands this year (obviously on hold now).  I have a Volvo V90 fairly big car and, everyone will be wearing a mask, I’ll only take 2 clients with no one in the front passenger seat.  I’m a bit optimistic it will work out as I believe that large groups of people in buses won’t start up any time soon (if ever).  I believe tourists will want to know what protection measures will be in place for their safety before they commit.

2 minutes ago, Cade said:

I was wondering when the Islam face coverings thing would crop up.

One is a religious rule imposed upon women by a strict sect of Islam.

The other is helping to prevent a public health emergency that is killing hundreds of thousands of people worldwide.

They just happen to both cover the mouth and nose. That is where the similarity ends.

Right now, everybody should be wearing a face covering in public places.

That does not mean that the religious bammery is given carte blance and should not be criticised.

Once Covid-19 subsides, everybody should be given the free choice of wearing face coverings.

Why does wearing a face mask help now, but didn't 2 months ago? 

22 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

Just fills me with dread this scared way of living. Trying to make it a normality. 
The world will be messed man. 

Being scared of a safety measure seems like a pretty scared way of living.

highlandjambo3
38 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Take a week off work and try to find something factually incorrect in my post...go on👍

I was under the impression (from the experts) that the wearing of a mask was to prevent the wearer from spreading the virus unknowingly to others but, you believe it’s the other way around, it protects the wearer?  You have evidence to back this up?

1 minute ago, highlandjambo3 said:

I was under the impression (from the experts) that the wearing of a mask was to prevent the wearer from spreading the virus unknowingly to others but, you believe it’s the other way around, it protects the wearer?  You have evidence to back this up?

You are correct

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )
  • JKBMod 12 featured, locked, unlocked and unfeatured this topic