Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )

CJGJ

Jambo-Jimbo
21 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

No apologies necessary. Have already given this thought and I'll be seeking exemption.(tour bus driver fwiw) 

Doubt there will be any work in the in the near future anyways. Some buses/coaches are going to forced to shut down at least three quarters of their seats just to comply with social distancing measures. 

Was sure you'd mentioned something about tour/tourists line of work.

Seats, they'll just do what they're doing on planes, everybody has to wear a face mask, I'd think.

• Replies 107.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

JudyJudyJudy
1 hour ago, Cade said:

Train stations will have supplies of masks available.  

You can buy fabric ones for a few quid from thousands of places, and being fabric they're washable and reusable.

One of my family members is a fashion designer and shes doing a roaring trade in quality cotton ones with filters etc.  She does them to order and has did a few maroon ones for me. ! 

Edited by JamesM48

JudyJudyJudy
1 hour ago, AlimOzturk said:

ACH well seems I won't be back on public transport then. What a world this is turning into eh. Forcing folk to wear masks when before it was laughed and mocked at. Even at the start of this thread the folk praising this openly mocked ot. 

Mind when the government told folk they shouldn't be buying or wearing masks and they were ineffective and prevented vital NHS staff from obtaining them?

I'll not be wearing a mask. I won't even attempt to get on public transport. **** it. 

Cant really seem to win with you.  You have moaned incessantly about your freedoms taken away during the lockdown etc and now the lockdown is gradually lifting albeit with small concessions ( wearing of mask) your still moaning...

23 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Really! I'll go with my son's problems with asthma. Not some no Feck all on jkb.  Not everything that comes out a fecking book works in reality. 

"Cummings Law" comes into play when children are involved, you'll be fine. 👍

JudyJudyJudy
1 hour ago, kila said:

Surgical gloves do my head in.

Sponges for germs and spreading them. Seen folk touching their face with them and using their phone! Just wash your hands regularly!

If im going out to shops or for a walk i dont take my phone with me so as not to be tempted as Ill more than likely have gloves on if in a shop. Its also good to be away from the constant messages etc of the phone. 

29 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

When did I ever say we shouldn't have locked down? I would have gone for one too, probably a bit earlier. My point and interest in Sweden has always been that it offers a sort of control, however imperfect, in the experiment everyone is conducting on how best to face the challenge of coronavirus. So far the jury for me is out -  Sweden may prove to have made a disastrous mistake (though that is certainly not p

roven yet) or may in the long run have made the right decision … or more likely perhaps some course betweeen the two might in retrospect have been better. It is I am afraid too early to tell!

The idea that the only and over-riding objective is to save lives in the short term without regard to the impact of the cure in the long term seems to me pretty stupid. 

PS I don't remember redjambo's correcting my "erroneous claims" about the Swedish R number … but don't doubt he did.

If you read my post again you'll see I didn't claim you've said anything about lockdown. I'm glad we can agree that the best course of action for the UK was an early lockdown. Saving lives in the short term isn't the only objective, but it seems like a pretty good objective to have.

PS let me refresh your memory about the "erroneous claims" 

:brucey:

Screenshot_20200604-194840~2.png

JudyJudyJudy
1 hour ago, Dannie Boy said:

image.thumb.jpeg.e3d2fdd1e1899af2e196b8f9ab26c769.jpeg

ordered these on Amazon not due till early July but ideal for later on this year or earlier if they arrive before scheduled date. 

Be careful with these if these are made of polyester or lycra type fabrics as they are porous..unlike genuine cotton ones. 

3 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

If im going out to shops or for a walk i dont take my phone with me so as not to be tempted as Ill more than likely have gloves on if in a shop. Its also good to be away from the constant messages etc of the phone. 

If you wear gloves in the shop - do you wash/wipe your shopping when you get home? As all you're doing is potentially smearing it across the stuff you buy.

Just need to wash hands regularly. Gloves add more problems than they fix I think, especially rubbery ones that'll have everything sticking to them.

JudyJudyJudy
1 minute ago, kila said:

If you wear gloves in the shop - do you wash/wipe your shopping when you get home? As all you're doing is potentially smearing it across the stuff you buy.

Just need to wash hands regularly. Gloves add more problems than they fix I think, especially rubbery ones that'll have everything sticking to them.

Yeah just been to local sainsbury and got a load of foods.  I get home take the gloves off and carefully take the mask off  from behind the ears... then  i fill my sink with washing up liquid and some bleach then wipe down most of the food packages which are plastic plus tins bottles etc.  Leave them to dry then put them away. Seems to have worked so far for me but it is a bit of a carry on...

The Real Maroonblood
6 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Yeah just been to local sainsbury and got a load of foods.  I get home take the gloves off and carefully take the mask off  from behind the ears... then  i fill my sink with washing up liquid and some bleach then wipe down most of the food packages which are plastic plus tins bottles etc.  Leave them to dry then put them away. Seems to have worked so far for me but it is a bit of a carry on...

:rofl:

JudyJudyJudy
2 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

:rofl:

LOL i know its maybe crackers but makes me less anxious !

AlimOzturk
9 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Jesus ****ing Christ. :rofl:

The Real Maroonblood
Just now, JamesM48 said:

LOL i know its maybe crackers but makes me less anxious !

I thought you were at the wind up.

Fair play if it makes you feel safe.

11 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

I admire your efforts. I don't mean to yank your chain, I'm just curious how far you are going. What about when you get mail through your door? Do you open it with gloves on?

Another impact of this pandemic will be a lot of people will remain fearful for some time after the all clear is given, perhaps developing OCD.

JudyJudyJudy
1 minute ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

I thought you were at the wind up.

Fair play if it makes you feel safe.

:)  naw i do....like i said we all have our quirks I suppose and if it makes me feel safe and less anxious its worth the small hassle , obviously i dont wash fruit or veg...

14 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

I've not done any of that, seems to have worked for me.

JudyJudyJudy
3 minutes ago, kila said:

I admire your efforts. I don't mean to yank your chain, I'm just curious how far you are going. What about when you get mail through your door? Do you open it with gloves on?

Another impact of this pandemic will be a lot of people will remain fearful for some time after the all clear is given, perhaps developing OCD.

I put my gloves on ( ive got about 300 pairs all different colours ! ) open up the letters , throw the envelopes or parcel packaging  into the bucket right away....Ill gradually wean myself off it...initially when it all began i was wearing face masks and gloves going for a walk but dont anymore...so its all small steps 

Edited by JamesM48
spelling error

JudyJudyJudy
2 minutes ago, kila said:

The only mail I get is bills and I'm happy to leave them on the floor for at least 7 days before touching them

LOL 

I have asthma.

Never had a problem wearing a mask.

And yes, they should be compulsary on public transport and in shops.

But feel free to keep bleating about "mah freedums" and asking stupid questions about exceptions to rules (and laws).

Edited by Cade

24 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

I was doing the same for my first couple of visits to the shops. I quickly decided it was worse than the risk of catching it and it was just the hysteria had got to me and stopped. Fair play to you for keeping it up.

I see a lot of people cutting about like this :lol:

3D15ED6A-0504-49DB-980B-487A06A7BA99.png

Edit to say I see people wearing a mask like that! Not with their penis out. 

Edited by Shanks

I see they have sneakily sent some software to Android phones for tracking purposes.

Settings - Google services.

Should add that you still need to download an app.

Edited by graygo

Pasquale for King
55 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Yeah i feel daft too but i think of the bigger picture . I wear mine to the shops and wear gloves too. I dont wear either if im just out for a walk. 

A lot of the shops have hand sanitizer on the way in so I use it in and out. I’m going to have to get used to the masks, I have a few and snoods. Another part of the new normal. 

Pasquale for King
5 minutes ago, Shanks said:

I see a lot of people cutting about like this :lol:

3D15ED6A-0504-49DB-980B-487A06A7BA99.png

Edit to say I see people wearing a mask like that! Not with their penis out. 

Mouth breathers 😜

JudyJudyJudy
11 minutes ago, Taffin said:

I was doing the same for my first couple of visits to the shops. I quickly decided it was worse than the risk of catching it and it was just the hysteria had got to me and stopped. Fair play to you for keeping it up.

Cool. Like i said ill wean myself of this eventually. Its clearly less of a risk now that the virus seems to be fizzling out ?

JudyJudyJudy
2 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

A lot of the shops have hand sanitizer on the way in so I use it in and out. I’m going to have to get used to the masks, I have a few and snoods. Another part of the new normal. 

Yeah i went to Wickes along Gorgie other day and they had santizers at the entrance and also at the till when you paid for the items.

1 minute ago, JamesM48 said:

Cool. Like i said ill wean myself of this eventually. Its clearly less of a risk now that the virus seems to be fizzling out ?

I'd like to think so, it's also good there's now disinfectant etc at the supermarket, the first few times I went to Sainsbury's they had nowt which made me nervous. I switched to Tesco after that as they'd bothered to take precautions (I know Sainsbury's have now too). That wasn't meant to sound like a dig by the way incase you took it as such. I'm just quite lazy and also get really stressed by things so decided for me it was making things worse and fuelling my fear.

53 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Be careful with these if these are made of polyester or lycra type fabrics as they are porous..unlike genuine cotton ones. 

They are made of ice silk. 
Ice silk is the trade name of a chemical fiber, which is precisely a denatured polyviscose fiber. The fiber has better hygroscopicity and gas permeability than ordinary viscose fiber, and has better shape retention and drape.

The plan is to ware them when out and about and if needed put FFP2 masks on underneath if the situation warrants it. 
FFP2/3 are more difficult to get at the moment although we have a reasonable stock of them. 
Thanks for the advice though 👍

27 minutes ago, Cade said:

I have asthma.

But feel free to keep bleating about "mah freedums" and asking stupid questions about exceptions to rules (and laws).

Wearing the mask affects some people with asthma and some are OK. Good for you, that your fake ass asthma is OK. 

Oh and that's from Asthma UK. I'll take their advice over JKB's resident Curtain Twitching Perfectionist. 

Edited by ri Alban

JudyJudyJudy
7 minutes ago, Taffin said:

I'd like to think so, it's also good there's now disinfectant etc at the supermarket, the first few times I went to Sainsbury's they had nowt which made me nervous. I switched to Tesco after that as they'd bothered to take precautions (I know Sainsbury's have now too). That wasn't meant to sound like a dig by the way incase you took it as such. I'm just quite lazy and also get really stressed by things so decided for me it was making things worse and fuelling my fear.

I can see what you mean regarding some shops.  My local sainsbury has been really on the ball with social distancing etc in the store and how many people are allowed in. However I went along to co op in Dalry and that was lousy...quite busy etc so I just left...that was weeks ago. id prob feel more comfortable now. No I didnt take it as a " dig" , Yeah i think its important the recognise what makes you more anxious so best to try and avoid these things. I still get para when I see a jogger approaching me..

Pasquale for King
12 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Yeah i went to Wickes along Gorgie other day and they had santizers at the entrance and also at the till when you paid for the items.

I didn’t notice 🙈, I can never find what I’m looking for in there. Was in on Friday and had to ask where the fuses were, I felt even more daft only spending 75p 😆🙈

JudyJudyJudy
5 minutes ago, Dannie Boy said:

They are made of ice silk. 
Ice silk is the trade name of a chemical fiber, which is precisely a denatured polyviscose fiber. The fiber has better hygroscopicity and gas permeability than ordinary viscose fiber, and has better shape retention and drape.

The plan is to ware them when out and about and if needed put FFP2 masks on underneath if the situation warrants it. 
FFP2/3 are more difficult to get at the moment although we have a reasonable stock of them. 
Thanks for the advice though 👍

No bother. I had bought similar to these but they appeared to be made of polyester and lycra stretchy material which I then read wasnt suitable ...I should have done my research before buying them but it was only £15 for 5 of them and they may do in the winter as snoods / scarf types to keep warm.

Pasquale for King

I can see what you mean regarding some shops.  My local sainsbury has been really on the ball with social distancing etc in the store and how many people are allowed in. However I went along to co op in Dalry and that was lousy...quite busy etc so I just left...that was weeks ago. id prob feel more comfortable now. No I didnt take it as a " dig" , Yeah i think its important the recognise what makes you more anxious so best to try and avoid these things. I still get para when I see a jogger approaching me..

Joggers should be wearing masks. 

JudyJudyJudy

I didn’t notice 🙈, I can never find what I’m looking for in there. Was in on Friday and had to ask where the fuses were, I felt even more daft only spending 75p 😆🙈

LOL you would have had to use your card for 75 p as they dont accept cash ? :) I just went in for paint , located it double quick and bolted out after paying. I did notice there was no plastic guard at the check out which was the only negative.

JudyJudyJudy

Joggers should be wearing masks. 

Its strange as this is something I never thought about before the virus but I completely agree.  They can spread any germs with their huffing / puffing and coughing etc. Nippy f""""  same goes for cyclist...

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

LOL you would have had to use your card for 75 p as they dont accept cash ? :) I just went in for paint , located it double quick and bolted out after paying. I did notice there was no plastic guard at the check out which was the only negative.

Exactly 🙈. They had them when I was in, if they don’t have Perspex who will 😆!

Pasquale for King

Its strange as this is something I never thought about before the virus but I completely agree.  They can spread any germs with their huffing / puffing and coughing etc. Nippy f""""  same goes for cyclist...

Cyclists are taking the piss just now, I gave one a mouthful today for pinging his bell as I walked along the pavement in gorgie 🤬.

Nucky Thompson
15 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Wearing the mask affects some people with asthma and some are OK. Good for you, that your fake ass asthma is OK. 

Oh and that's from Asthma UK. I'll take their advice over JKB's resident Curtain Twitching Perfectionist. 

:lol:

JudyJudyJudy
3 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Cyclists are taking the piss just now, I gave one a mouthful today for pinging his bell as I walked along the pavement in gorgie 🤬.

Yes had similar experience walking along Gorgie other day on the pavement...cyclist ringing his bell and whisked passed me on the pavement....also shouting " move"...cheeky git

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Yes had similar experience walking along Gorgie other day on the pavement...cyclist ringing his bell and whisked passed me on the pavement....also shouting " move"...cheeky git

Probably the same guy, hopefully my words of wisdom have shown him the error of his ways 😜.

Nucky Thompson
6 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Fecking right. One erse got too close jogging past me the other week, panting out saliva all over the place. I felt a wet bit land on my cheek.

There seems to be loads of fatties who have taken up jogging since lockdown 

JudyJudyJudy
Just now, Pasquale for King said:

Probably the same guy, hopefully my words of wisdom have shown him the error of his ways 😜.

Maybe.. :) 

AlimOzturk
On 05/02/2020 at 16:55, Cade said:

I remember that time we all died of Bird Flu.

And Pig Flu.

And Ebola.

And AIDS.

The press loves a good health scare story.

^^^

Initial views on the Coronavirus/Covid 19 disease. We all know how much a know it all doom munger he became though. 

On 26/01/2020 at 09:22, Cade said:

It's a cultural thing.

Many people from that part of the world wear these silly wee masks any time they are outside.

Not that they do anything.

These masks are designed to be worn during surgery, to prevent the wearer from exhaling bacteria into an open wound.

They do absolutely nothing to prevent the inhalation of traffic fumes or airborn germs.

For that, you need an airtight mask with proper filters with active charcoal.

^^^

Intial views on wearing a mask....

53 minutes ago, Cade said:

I have asthma.

^^^

Oh dear. 

You don't half change your tune. 

Edited by AlimOzturk

"fake ass asthma"?

I've had it my whole life and been hospitalised 4 times.

Asthma sufferers are at particular risk of death from contracting full blown covid-19 due to it being a respiratory illness.

You're going on ignore now, you've totally lost the plot over the last month or so.

7 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

^^^

Initial views on the Coronavirus/Covid 19 disease. We all know how much a know it all doom munger he became though. 

^^^

^^^

Oh dear. 

492519758_giphy(3).gif.09b07329a7ddb8bda726a91a41836ae6.gif

Nucky Thompson
6 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

^^^

^^^

^^^

Oh dear. 

That's some turnaround :lol:

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )
  • JKBMod 12 featured, locked, unlocked and unfeatured this topic