Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )

CJGJ

1 hour ago, AlimOzturk said:

Glad folk used the bins provided TBH I always take my left overs home to recycle. Really wish folk wouldnt use those throw away barbecues and destroy the grass areas. If they insist on doing so then putting it on a slab or concrete would be better. Douse with water and let cool before discarding. 

Think tomorrow I'll head to inverleith. Are swing parks back open?

No.

• Replies 107.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Enzo Chiefo
51 minutes ago, Victorian said:

I don't think 500k is an unrealistic number.    It was a predicted outcome from a model assuming no delay measures were carried out.    Lockdown,  etc.     We're at 40,000 to 60,000 already and that's with a lengthy lockdown-lite.    No lockdown at all meant an R rate of 3 or 4.   Tens of Millions of infections and most of the hospitalised cases not receiving therapeutic O2.

500k was not a viable choice but it was not unrealistic.    

If it's now weakening away (albeit temporarily) then good.    

We'll have to just disagree. The calc was based on 60m × 80% ×1%. 500k deaths. Without lockdown, 80% of the population were never going to catch it. The Diamond Princess, an ideal setting for it, is the best example. It ran freely for 2 weeks yet infected only 17% of those on board. It wss made out to be far more prevalent and infectious than it was , possibly because none of the scientists knew much about it. 

The Real Maroonblood
15 minutes ago, Cade said:

Just found out that a friend of a friend caught covid-19 back in march.

She's been in and out of hospital since.

She's only just about able to manage going downstairs from bed to lay on the sofa all day.

She now has permanent heart damage.

She has been told by doctors not to exercise for the next 6 months.

The lassie is a member of a running club and has done several ultra marathons (50-65km) and had no underlying health problems (she does now).

Folk need to start taking this seriously.

That's brutal. 

1 minute ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

We'll have to just disagree. The calc was based on 60m × 80% ×1%. 500k deaths. Without lockdown, 80% of the population were never going to catch it. The Diamond Princess, an ideal setting for it, is the best example. It ran freely for 2 weeks yet infected only 17% of those on board. It wss made out to be far more prevalent and infectious than it was , possibly because none of the scientists knew much about it. 

Maybe so.   80% might never have happened.    But we still have 40k to 60k deaths.    What would the no lockdown number be,   if not 500k?     Bearing in mind that it's not over yet.

AlimOzturk
4 minutes ago, Cade said:

Just found out that a friend of a friend caught covid-19 back in march.

She's been in and out of hospital since.

She's only just about able to manage going downstairs from bed to lay on the sofa all day.

She now has permanent heart damage.

She has been told by doctors not to exercise for the next 6 months.

The lassie is a member of a running club and has done several ultra marathons (50-65km) and had no underlying health problems (she does now).

Sorry to hear about your friend. She's unlucky. How many thousands of other healthy folk had Covid and not even any symptoms at all though 

Of course it is serious but the great majority of healthy folk won't have to worry. Of course there will be the odd unlucky person who will take a bad reaction to it

Nucky Thompson
17 minutes ago, Cade said:

Has there been too many positive posts in the last couple of pages for you? 

Jambo 4 Ever

What do people do if you are visiting someone in their garden and you need the toilet?

are any of you going inside to use their toilet?

The Real Maroonblood
2 minutes ago, Natural Orders said:

What do people do if you are visiting someone in their garden and you need the toilet?

are any of you going inside to use their toilet?

What are you doing?

Governor Tarkin
42 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Has there been too many positive posts in the last couple of pages for you? 

Far too many.

Governor Tarkin
4 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

What are you doing?

Louping the fence and shitting on the bank of the canal.

The Real Maroonblood
Just now, Governor Tarkin said:

Louping the fence and shitting on the bank of the canal.

:lol:

These people from Hamilton.

Governor Tarkin
1 minute ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

These people from Hamilton.

That's what I'm doing.

Plentiful supply of big dock leafs to buff up afterwards.

I can only assume that those rough types from Hamilton are displaying less finesse.

Jambo 4 Ever
11 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

What are you doing?

Visiting someone at weekend so that’s why I asked

what about you?

The Real Maroonblood
Just now, Natural Orders said:

Visiting someone at weekend so that’s why I asked

what about you?

Strong constitution no need for a piss or a dump when visiting.

Jambo 4 Ever
4 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

I believe people are allowed to use the toilets, they should wipe down everything they touch afterwards is the advice.

Ah ok good to know - and thanks for the sensible reply, unlike the usual crowd of jokers 

is that from the official guidance?

Edited by Natural Orders

The Real Maroonblood
2 minutes ago, Natural Orders said:

Ah ok good to know - and thanks for the sensible reply, unlike the usual crowd of jokers 

is that from the official  your advised not to use the toilets 

You’re not supposed to use the toilets.

8 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

I believe people are allowed to use the toilets, they should wipe down everything they touch afterwards is the advice.

The advice is, don't go in the house you visit, no even for a pish.

The Real Maroonblood
2 minutes ago, OBE said:

The advice is, don't go in the house you visit, no even for a pish.

Correct.

Go behind a bush or tree.

16 minutes ago, Natural Orders said:

is that from the official guidance?

20 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

This is advise in England, Scotland is still not to go into house.

Edited by steve123

Jambo 4 Ever
12 minutes ago, steve123 said:

This is advise in England, Scotland is still not to go into house.

Ah ok thanks

so what have you all been doing then if you need the toilet?

28 minutes ago, Natural Orders said:

Ah ok thanks

Screenwash container behind the gazebo.

Spellczech
On 31/05/2020 at 20:08, Cade said:

Here is Scottish snapshot.From here

https://www.nrscotland.gov.uk/statistics-and-data/statistics/statistics-by-theme/vital-events/general-publications/weekly-and-monthly-data-on-births-and-deaths/monthly-data-on-births-and-deaths-registered-in-scotland

My calcs at Right

(edit: Sorry the average is 2013-19)

image.png

Edited by Spellczech

Dagger Is Back
3 hours ago, Natural Orders said:

Ah ok thanks

One uses the outdoor commode dear boy

manaliveits105
10 hours ago, Natural Orders said:

Ah ok thanks

:stantoned:

Ron Burgundy

I am certainly not as well read up on the subject as many on here clearly are but is there any reason why cities such as Cairo or any other massive cities in third world countries where hygiene is poor and overcrowding is horrific have not just ground to a halt with dead bodies?

It's a genuine question as I would have expected a virus deadly enough to lock down the western world to annihilate the less advanced countries but there doesn't seem to be any media coverage stating this.

Is this virus more prevalent in countries where the population is more affluent of obedient? 

I am not trying to be smart or trying to put out any wild conspiracy theory but I honestly find it all bizarre.

9 minutes ago, Ron Burgundy said:

I am certainly not as well read up on the subject as many on here clearly are but is there any reason why cities such as Cairo or any other massive cities in third world countries where hygiene is poor and overcrowding is horrific have not just ground to a halt with dead bodies?

It's a genuine question as I would have expected a virus deadly enough to lock down the western world to annihilate the less advanced countries but there doesn't seem to be any media coverage stating this.

Is this virus more prevalent in countries where the population is more affluent of obedient? 

I am not trying to be smart or trying to put out any wild conspiracy theory but I honestly find it all bizarre.

I've asked myself the same question.

AlimOzturk

Doubt they have had as much exposure to the virus. Not as much tourism and potential to bring the disease to the countries maybe? Could be talking shit

Unknown user

I think one of the scary things is we don't really understand much about it. I read a thing suggesting it could be going vascular which we haven't seen before with coronaviruses but would explain some of the unusual symptoms like blood clots. 

Some of the factors could be, a younger population, fewer people with comorbidities, higher vitamin D levels which seems to have a protective effect, there may be genetic factors which mean some populations  are less susceptible.

For example,

Japan has one of the oldest populations in the world, but the lowest level of obesity, and haven't been as badly effected as many countries.

36 minutes ago, fancy a brew said:

Some of the factors could be, a younger population, fewer people with comorbidities, higher vitamin D levels which seems to have a protective effect, there may be genetic factors which mean some populations  are less susceptible.

For example,

Japan has one of the oldest populations in the world, but the lowest level of obesity, and haven't been as badly effected as many countries.

Japanese diet & personal habits played a role in their low death rate and their government also acted quickly , shutting down public buildings and mass sporting events, three weeks before 150,000 people went to the Cheltenham Festival.

Jambo 4 Ever
1 hour ago, manaliveits105 said:

:stantoned:

Eh?

it’s a genuine question 

what are people doing if they need the toilet?

breaking the rules or going home?

International travel quarantine in tatters then.    Not going to be one really.

No wonder the public wont take the rules seriously if the government can't be arsed.

AlimOzturk
20 minutes ago, Victorian said:

International travel quarantine in tatters then.    Not going to be one really.

No wonder the public wont take the rules seriously if the government can't be arsed.

Are you talking about the free quarantine zones being proposed?

The Internet
36 minutes ago, Natural Orders said:

Eh?

it’s a genuine question 

Just get to the part where you say people going into the house for the toilet are scum and be done with it. 

7 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

Are you talking about the free quarantine zones being proposed?

The whole thing looks a shambles and there's increasing lobbying to scrap it altogether.    

AlimOzturk
6 minutes ago, Victorian said:

The whole thing looks a shambles and there's increasing lobbying to scrap it altogether.    

Talking about several industries and hundreds of thousands of jobs on the line here Victorian. Cant be an easy decision or scenario to work out. The two week quarantine would utterly ruin the travel and hospitality sectors. 

Edited by AlimOzturk

The Real Maroonblood
54 minutes ago, Natural Orders said:

Eh?

it’s a genuine question 

Is the village missing you?

Genuine question.

1 minute ago, AlimOzturk said:

Talking about several industries and hundreds of thousands of jobs on the line here Victorian. Cant be an easy decision or scenario to work out. The two week quarantine would utterly ruin the travel and hospitality sectors. 

There's that direct consequence.   But if it causes a measurable effect on the prolonging of the overall 1st wave of our epidemic,   or contributes to a 2nd wave,   then there are indirect consequences.

5 minutes ago, Victorian said:

There's that direct consequence.   But if it causes a measurable effect on the prolonging of the overall 1st wave of our epidemic,   or contributes to a 2nd wave,   then there are indirect consequences.

There can’t be many countries worldwide who have handled this worse than us. If anything you’d think the Spanish etc would be reluctant to let us in

Unknown user
11 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Genuine question.

For him it's a day out, for them it's a day off

(©️ Billy Connolly)

6 minutes ago, mutley said:

There can’t be many countries worldwide who have handled this worse than us. If anything you’d think the Spanish etc would be reluctant to let us in

Every country will be sorry if there is another wave.   The economic consequences will be nasty.

The Real Maroonblood
6 minutes ago, Smithee said:

For him it's a day out, for them it's a day off

(©️ Billy Connolly)

AlimOzturk

Number are going down all the time and on here is it just pure negativity. Almost like folk are just begging for the worst to happen. 

Depressing as ****. 

AlimOzturk
19 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Every country will be sorry if there is another wave.   The economic consequences will be nasty.

Well let's hope that doesn't happen eh. 

6 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

Well let's hope that doesn't happen eh. 

Hope doesn't cut it. 👍

Here's an idea, if someone knowingly endangers other people's lives. They get hanged. Deal! 

Jambo 4 Ever
44 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Genuine question.

Stop being a jerk

if you are one of the ones breaking the rules then shame on you 

Ron Burgundy
12 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

Number are going down all the time and on here is it just pure negativity. Almost like folk are just begging for the worst to happen. 

Depressing as ****. 

If you look at the likes of Facebook it would appear most folk are absolutely craving a second wave. It's incredible.

Just now, Natural Orders said:

Stop being a jerk

if you are one of the ones breaking the rules then shame on you 

Just say that in the first place, instead of playing some wee childish game, so folk on a forum admit to using other people's toilets. Use the nearest supermarket or petrol station's toilet. Or just pish in a bucket. 

Jambo 4 Ever
8 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Just say that in the first place, instead of playing some wee childish game, so folk on a forum admit to using other people's toilets. Use the nearest supermarket or petrol station's toilet. Or just pish in a bucket. 

No game at all mate

was a genuine question 

and people on here who are breaking the rules should be utterly ashamed of themselves for being so selfish 

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )
  • JKBMod 12 featured, locked, unlocked and unfeatured this topic