Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )

CJGJ

2 minutes ago, graygo said:

Missed Nicola today, anybody able to summarise?

Just googled it, 1 death.

I know it's the weekend factor but that has to be good news.

• Replies 107.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, graygo said:

Just googled it, 1 death.

I know it's the weekend factor but that has to be good news.

A further person has died after testing positive for  coronavirus  - bringing the total number of deaths in Scots  hospitals  from the virus to 2,363. 

Figures released by the  Scottish Government  on Monday revealed that the number of positive cases of Covid-19 has risen to 15,418, which is an increase of 18 compared to yesterday’s figures. 

The number of people being treated for confirmed or suspected cases of the virus in hospital stands at 1,046 with 27 patients in intensive care.

The latest statistics were released by Nicola Sturgeon at her afternoon press conference - which marks the fourth day of some restrictions  being lifted  in Scotland.

4 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

I think the most important thing now is if spikes happen that we are equipped now to deal quickly and effectively hopefully.

I agree. I keep looking for the positives as we go forward. However the U.K. government actions scare me somewhat. 

Jambo-Jimbo
1 hour ago, The Mighty Thor said:

I'm aware that everyone in this image is properly socially distanced but what the **** are you so desperate to buy at IKEA that you'll go stand in that queue? (Or sit for hours in a queue in your car for a McDonald's/KFC/Burger King)

Mesmeric. 

thumbnail.jpeg

I've just never got this whole 'Ikea' thing, what's the attraction.

The Internet
Just now, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Makes you feel like a man when you've built all the furniture in your house by hand, even though it's all essentially a large jigsaw. 

The Real Maroonblood
50 minutes ago, graygo said:

Missed Nicola today, anybody able to summarise?

Arseholes are still acting like arseholes.

Re social gatherings.

4 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Arseholes are still acting like arseholes.

Re social gatherings.

Not confined to Scotland I'm afraid, half the wankers around here at the weekend ****ing well deserve to get it, cretins🤬🤬🤬🤬

1 minute ago, Cade said:

Durdle Door

3500.jpg?width=620&quality=85&auto=forma

Bournemouth

5700.jpg?width=620&quality=85&auto=forma

Brighton

_112577045_img_1537.jpg

:wtf:

Yep, and I'll bet about 99% of these 'tards would've been out on the Thursday night NHS clap.

The Real Maroonblood
7 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:

Not confined to Scotland I'm afraid, half the wankers around here at the weekend ****ing well deserve to get it, cretins🤬🤬🤬🤬

Sadly still a lot lack common sense.

Looks like things are moving in the right direction, only 18 infections in past 24 hours and about 98% of test results coming back as negative.

looking much better, will be interesting to see how results differ over the next couple weeks.

Just now, The Real Maroonblood said:

Sadly still a lot lack common sense.

And the beauty spots that they've been at looked like a tip when they left, bbq's bottles cans chairs tents shit left at thier arses for someone else to clean up, utterly repulsive behaviour. 

10 minutes ago, Cade said:

Durdle Door

3500.jpg?width=620&quality=85&auto=forma

Bournemouth

5700.jpg?width=620&quality=85&auto=forma

Brighton

_112577045_img_1537.jpg

:wtf:

that top picture is where they had to corale people together yesterday so two helicopters could land due to injuries from people jumping off the rocks into the sea

_112567153_durdle.door.helicopter.police

Edited by milky_26

The Real Maroonblood
4 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:

And the beauty spots that they've been at looked like a tip when they left, bbq's bottles cans chairs tents shit left at thier arses for someone else to clean up, utterly repulsive behaviour. 

When the sun comes out the scumbags come out.

vegas-voss
3 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:

This is now the biggest problem the public are ****ing arseholes.Its clear that we need to take responsibility ourselves and its the only way we will get the country properly moving but nah **** it im going to the beach.

vegas-voss
2 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

The sun seems to bring out the arsehole in a lot of folk.Personally those beaches look like my idea of hell in normal circumstances never mind just now.

The Real Maroonblood
Just now, vegas-voss said:

The sun seems to bring out the arsehole in a lot of folk.Personally those beaches look like my idea of hell in normal circumstances never mind just now.

Exactly.

vegas-voss
1 hour ago, Dannie Boy said:

I agree. I keep looking for the positives as we go forward. However the U.K. government actions scare me somewhat. 

Aye they are a shitshow

Adam Murray

With public toilets not yet open, where are these people relieving themselves? I wouldn't be anywhere near that water.

5 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Couldn’t agree more.

1 hour ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Meatballs and Dime bars.

Governor Tarkin
18 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

Personally those beaches look like my idea of hell in normal circumstances never mind just now.

:spoton:

My back garden is a haven of tranquility.

A few beers, nice bottle of wine, bite to eat, and an 18 year old Bunnahabhain or two to finish the evening off.

This spell of great weather has been the absolute tits. I'll have the heebie jeebies for sure when I finally lay off the grog.

Jambo-Jimbo
26 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

A few beers, nice bottle of wine, bite to eat, and an 18 year old Bunnahabhain or two to finish the evening off.

This spell of great weather has been the absolute tits. I'll have the heebie jeebies for sure when I finally lay off the grog.

Same here, fabulous, ice cold Peroni and bliss.

42 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Amen to that.

Montgomery Brewster
48 minutes ago, graygo said:

Meatballs and Dime bars.

B and m selling limited edition mint dime bars. Lovely 

Jambo-Jimbo
1 hour ago, Shanks said:

Looks like things are moving in the right direction, only 18 infections in past 24 hours and about 98% of test results coming back as negative.

looking much better, will be interesting to see how results differ over the next couple weeks.

Exactly, I'm more than happy to let those folks in the photos be the guinea pigs, if there is no sharp increase in infections, great news, however on the other hand, well I'm just glad I'm nowhere near any of that lot.

The Real Maroonblood
10 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Exactly, I'm more than happy to let those folks in the photos be the guinea pigs, if there is no sharp increase in infections, great news, however on the other hand, well I'm just glad I'm nowhere near any of that lot.

That’s a positive way at looking at it.

AlimOzturk

I was at holyrood park today and it was just great.  Had a picnic with the family and sunbathed for couple of hours with a few beers. Was braw. 

Not that many folk and everyone respecting the social distancing. 

The Real Maroonblood
5 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

I was at holyrood park today and it was just great.  Had a picnic with the family and sunbathed for couple of hours with a few beers. Was braw. 

👍

is it still closed for cars driving through?

AlimOzturk
8 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

👍

is it still closed for cars driving through?

Honestly didn't even notice mate sorry. 

J.T.F.Robertson

I read somewhere, earlier, a couple of Italian docs in the north part of the country reckon the virus is losing some of its potency.

Sorry, no link.

The Real Maroonblood
1 minute ago, AlimOzturk said:

Honestly didn't even notice mate sorry. 

No problem.

Google is my friend.

18 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

I was walking there yesterday; every single bin overflowing with rubbish, KFC boxes and wrappers strewn around, beer bottles, bags of rubbish. It was vile. Such a beautiful area as well. Humans 🤬

1 hour ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Stay on it, you've got it all squared away.

It's quite a statement for a clinician to make.    It goes way beyond the type of outlier theory or opinion that a clinician or scientist might make regarding the modelling or epidemiological aspects of the science.     To make an outlandish claim like that,   assuming it's evidence based,   is derived from more practical,   tangible things that can be observed and measured.    It should be viewed with scepticism though because it was accompanied by some other comments about the lockdown and economy,   perhaps suggesting this guy has his own agenda,   etc.

Jambo-Jimbo

Spain records no new deaths from covid-19 in a 24 hour period, for the first time since March.

Excellent news, certainly does seem that things are moving in the right direction in several countries now.

9 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Spain records no new deaths from covid-19 in a 24 hour period, for the first time since March.

Excellent news, certainly does seem that things are moving in the right direction in several countries now.

That’s brilliant news, a lot of the figures coming out today should give us some real hope.  Things are looking a lot brighter. 

AlimOzturk
27 minutes ago, Vansen said:

I was walking there yesterday; every single bin overflowing with rubbish, KFC boxes and wrappers strewn around, beer bottles, bags of rubbish. It was vile. Such a beautiful area as well. Humans 🤬

Glad folk used the bins provided TBH I always take my left overs home to recycle. Really wish folk wouldnt use those throw away barbecues and destroy the grass areas. If they insist on doing so then putting it on a slab or concrete would be better. Douse with water and let cool before discarding. 

Think tomorrow I'll head to inverleith. Are swing parks back open?

AlimOzturk
10 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Yep and points to the Virus subsiding. Delighted with the numbers today although still very much early days to day either way. 

Jambo-Jimbo
1 hour ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

That’s a positive way at looking at it.

I have the luxury of being able to sit back, be patient, and watch what transpires.

Enzo Chiefo
44 minutes ago, Victorian said:

It's quite a statement for a clinician to make.    It goes way beyond the type of outlier theory or opinion that a clinician or scientist might make regarding the modelling or epidemiological aspects of the science.     To make an outlandish claim like that,   assuming it's evidence based,   is derived from more practical,   tangible things that can be observed and measured.    It should be viewed with scepticism though because it was accompanied by some other comments about the lockdown and economy,   perhaps suggesting this guy has his own agenda,   etc.

But bassd on actual swabs measuring viral load in real patients.  The real outlandish predictions were those made by the scientists at the outset. Fag packet calculations predicting 500k deaths and 80% infection rates were nonsensical. Most of us heard the same before with SARS, Swine Flu, etc. They  were as wildly out then as they are now. The UK govt certainly seem to be seeing through some of the advice they are being given.

7 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

But bassd on actual swabs measuring viral load in real patients.  The real outlandish predictions were those made by the scientists at the outset. Fag packet calculations predicting 500k deaths and 80% infection rates were nonsensical. Most of us heard the same before with SARS, Swine Flu, etc. They  were as wildly out then as they are now. The UK govt certainly seem to be seeing through some of the advice they are being given.

I don't think 500k is an unrealistic number.    It was a predicted outcome from a model assuming no delay measures were carried out.    Lockdown,  etc.     We're at 40,000 to 60,000 already and that's with a lengthy lockdown-lite.    No lockdown at all meant an R rate of 3 or 4.   Tens of Millions of infections and most of the hospitalised cases not receiving therapeutic O2.

500k was not a viable choice but it was not unrealistic.    

If it's now weakening away (albeit temporarily) then good.    

Edited by Victorian

The Real Maroonblood
31 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

I have the luxury of being able to sit back, be patient, and watch what transpires.

Same here. 

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
40 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

500k deaths a but that could have happened if we hadn’t locked down

but the lockdown was supposed to be too late half assed etc yet it saved 100 of 1000s of lives apparently

no lockdown in Sweden they’ll have a recognisable proportion of 500 000 deaths

oh wait

Just found out that a friend of a friend caught covid-19 back in march.

She's been in and out of hospital since.

She's only just about able to manage going downstairs from bed to lay on the sofa all day.

She now has permanent heart damage.

She has been told by doctors not to exercise for the next 6 months.

The lassie is a member of a running club and has done several ultra marathons (50-65km) and had no underlying health problems (she does now).

Folk need to start taking this seriously.

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )
  • JKBMod 12 featured, locked, unlocked and unfeatured this topic