Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )

CJGJ

27 minutes ago, Nicholas Brody said:

I'm sorry but how the **** can the special advisor to the British PM not get a child minder in London :rofl:

because he's a *****

• Replies 107.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

No10 is now in the 'talk to the hand,  not the face' stage.   Chucked it.   

Any other PM - advisor combo would have parted company.     This government - PM - advisor set-up are taking a post-pandemic view and are all content to ride it out and continue on to the more important matters of a mushroom cloud Brexit and a rather changed programme on the economy.

They've basically given up on a responsible,  coherent strategy to fight the virus.   It's hope for the best... close our eyes to the worst.

Have politicians and the likes of Cummings always just blatantly and openly lied ? It's actually quite mental.

Also, what about him describing the family estate/farm with the separate cottages and private woodland? Punters up and down the land stuck in flats for months on end. Absolutely no idea these dickheads.

2 minutes ago, Victorian said:

No10 is now in the 'talk to the hand,  not the face' stage.   Chucked it.   

Any other PM - advisor combo would have parted company.     This government - PM - advisor set-up are taking a post-pandemic view and are all content to ride it out and continue on to the more important matters of a mushroom cloud Brexit and a rather changed programme on the economy.

They've basically given up on a responsible,  coherent strategy to fight the virus.   It's hope for the best... close our eyes to the worst.

Yup and we still have Brexit to come...good ain't it.

7 minutes ago, pablo said:

Have politicians and the likes of Cummings always just blatantly and openly lied ? It's actually quite mental.

Pretty much but better 

57 minutes ago, Barack said:

If he had shown a scintilla of contrition towards the public, despite thinking he did the right thing, I think a fair majority would've grumbled, but ultimately moved on. As we tend to do.

But no, he decided that a story about Birdbox joyrides with his family are the way to go and are perfectly plausible. 

As others have intimated, I'd not be surprised to see fairly big changes to lockdown announced tonight, to try and change the mood.

Half expect announcements on haircuts and pubs...

:rofl: 

vegas-voss

Never seen the Boris briefing but did he just pretty much say - it's up to you if you believe him or not

vegas-voss
58 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

I've just summarised Cummings justification for my wife who has just got in from work: Went like this: "He apparently has special family situation which means he had to drive to Durham while his wife was ill,...no, the second trip to Durham was apparently fake news, but he did have to do a 30 mile drive to Barnard Castle to test his eyesight was ok for driving back to London, but he took his family with him on this drive...and once he arrived at Barnard Castle he felt sick so had to stop get out the car and sit by a river for 15 minutes". At this point she burst out laughing.

I simply cannot sell it like a Tory...

His wife is seemingly a writer.Must be for Mills and Boon 😂 

It's obviously her that has written up that story.

Spellczech
6 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

Never seen the Boris briefing but did he just pretty much say - it's up to you if you believe him or not

Basically it revealed that the Cummings statement and Q&A was a strategy. Rather than Boris telling Cummings to get out there and "Tell them what you told me" it was a way for Boris to turn round and go "Well you had an hour and a half with Dom earlier and it is not for me to say any more on the matter.

The rules ar quite clear that if you're self isolating you don't leave home, but despite Cummings's excuse for being in Durham was that his family could be available to care for his son if needed, he still went to hospital to pick up his son, when he could have easily got his sister or niece to do it. Another rule that doesn't apply to Dom apparently.

vegas-voss
4 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

Basically it revealed that the Cummings statement and Q&A was a strategy. Rather than Boris telling Cummings to get out there and "Tell them what you told me" it was a way for Boris to turn round and go "Well you had an hour and a half with Dom earlier and it is not for me to say any more on the matter.

I thought the Cummings statement was Boris saying to him ,  look I made a ***** of myself last night you go out and try doing it today 😂

Dagger Is Back
2 hours ago, AlimOzturk said:

Have had to turn this off. Hate the way the media are baying for blood in this. I might just be a soft ***** but i am actually feeling sorry for cummings. He deserved the sack but this death by media he is suffering is just wrong and it is a sad reflection on society. Cummings arrogance isn't helping what so ever. 

Politics is a brutal game. 

I kind of get where you're coming from Alim and I was uncomfortable watching it. Then I realised what was making it uncomfortable and realised it was DC himself.

I was brought up by a really strict Dad who made me understand very early on that holding up your hands when you'd screwed up, was the very first thing you do.

DC has brought this on himself by breaking the rules and for his complete contempt which he has shown for the rules and the public. If he'd shown just a single ounce of contrition, I'd have some respect for him, but it's clear that he just doesn't give a monkeys 

The only good thing to come out of this is that Boris has once again shown his complete lack of leadership skills

Pasquale for King
4 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

His wife is seemingly a writer.Must be for Mills and Boon 😂 

It's obviously her that has written up that story.

She’s deputy editor at the Spectator where BJ used to stalk her before sh got married to Cummings in 2011. She’s got the dirt on BJ.

vegas-voss
30 minutes ago, micole said:

Yup and we still have Brexit to come...good ain't it.

Brexit failures.Coronvirus will take the blame for that.

Hoping the press hounds have held something back to tease out the lies and then come back in with the knock-out punch.     Or something new comes to light.    

hughesie27
25 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Hoping the press hounds have held something back to tease out the lies and then come back in with the knock-out punch.     Or something new comes to light.    

We would have seen it if they had anything else unfortunately. Still plenty holes in his story today though.

The Mighty Thor

This mob are pathetic. 

Cummings cones out and lies his arse off in probably the worst TV performance since Johnson last night. 

Cabinet members pump out 'the matter is closed' tweets and the front man pops up with a hastily advanced announcement that the shops are opening on 15th June.

All this to protect a guy who broke the law. That's it. The biggest peacetime arse covering exercise to protect one unelected advisor. 

What a time to be alive. 

31 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

Brexit failures.Coronvirus will take the blame for that.

I'm not trying to be sensationalist but the impact of the virus will far outweigh anything Brexit could have done, at least for the next year or so. 

dobmisterdobster

If there are no new revelations in the next few days, then case closed.

Without PMQs on Wednesday, this story will wilt in the sun like cottage cheese.

SwindonJambo
3 minutes ago, dobmisterdobster said:

If there are no new revelations in the next few days, then case closed.

Without PMQs on Wednesday, this story will wilt in the sun like cottage cheese.

No it won't. On Wednesday Keir Starmer will boot Boris's arse up and down Westminster Bridge and make him look the complete bumbling prick that he is. Pressure for Demonic's removal is coming from the Conservative Back benches as well as just about everyone else. In defending him, Boris had undermined himself and damaged his own credibility as PM, even amongst a large chunk of those who voted for him.

So from the view of this QC, the Cummings were breaking the law and not being covered by the Childrens Act aligned where necessary to Covid guidelines.

Many can argue either way on the 'concerned parent view'  I'd say if the cops had stopped him before he got to Durham, he would have been sent home.

However, this man's job is to embelish the truth.

The fantasy of the jolly on his wife's birthday was beyond that.  A complete fabrication.

2 hours ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Does it really take a drive of some 25+ miles and 30 minutes for you to check if your eyesight was ok to drive.

I'd have thought you'd know if it was ok within the first minute or so and or the first few road junctions and corners.

Stopped at the side of the road for the kid to go to the toilet, ok, we've all had that one, but they then started to play in the wood and were seen by other people.

Now I don't know about you folks, but if you, your wife and kid had all been ill and you had a several hour drive back home, would you not be wanting to get back home as soon as possible whilst your still feeling ok, I know I would.

Calling BS on this, if they thought the Cummings presser would put this to bed, I get the feeling they have mis-judged this horrendously badly as I think the presser has made things worse. 

2 hours ago, Spellczech said:

The Barnard Castle trip should finish him. If he was really checking that he was safe enough to drive to London the next day then why take wife and son to a beautiful village and stop there? The family need not have gone with him, especially if he was potentially unsafe to drive! and he should've just done a non-stop tripby himself IF his own reason is correct...

It was his wife's birthday the day of the castle "trip". Utter bullshit this, really hope someone has footage or evidence to prove it. "Checking my vision" - with his bloody kid in the car?

1 hour ago, JamesM48 said:

Sorry i meant acceleration  of easing the lockdown .  To divert away from this scandal and appease the population;   Commonly known as " distraction"

The lockdown is over now, he's ruined it. Many will just follow suit thinking "if it's good enough for him/them" etc. 

2 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

She’s deputy editor at the Spectator where BJ used to stalk her before sh got married to Cummings in 2011. She’s got the dirt on BJ.

She told a lovely story about how awful their London lockdown and isolation was.

This lot truly believe they are above us plebs. What a bunch of scoundrels. 

dobmisterdobster
4 minutes ago, SwindonJambo said:

No it won't. On Wednesday Keir Starmer will boot Boris's arse up and down Westminster Bridge and make him look the complete bumbling prick that he is. Pressure for Demonic's removal is coming from the Conservative Back benches as well as just about everyone else. In defending him, Boris had undermined himself and damaged his own credibility as PM, even amongst a large chunk of those who voted for him.

Parliament is in recess. No PMQs.

SwindonJambo
4 minutes ago, dobmisterdobster said:

Parliament is in recess. No PMQs.

Okay fair enough. Boris will have to wait another week for his next grilling. The press will not let this go nor will anyone else other than the Conservative Top Brass. Nearly everyone else loathes DC. He’s an arrogant hypocrite.

2 hours ago, Nicholas Brody said:

I'm sorry but how the **** can the special advisor to the British PM not get a child minder in London :rofl:

When his wife has family in London 

2 hours ago, Barack said:

Outdoor markets and car showrooms to open up.

2 hours ago, Barack said:

15th of June, all other non-essential retail allowed to open based on Covid-19 regs...

In England?

dobmisterdobster
6 minutes ago, SwindonJambo said:

Okay fair enough. Boris will have to wait another week for his next grilling. The press will not let this go nor will anyone else other than the Conservative Top Brass. Nearly everyone else loathes DC. He’s an arrogant hypocrite.

The press did their job by bringing us the story and asking questions.

It is not their job to decide the fate of Mr Cummings.

If the press can't uncover a smoking gun, then the situation doesn't change.

9 minutes ago, Barack said:

Yeah. Everyone off to Primark for a reunion.

Nice

Not worried about all 4 Nations acting together at all then. 

9 minutes ago, dobmisterdobster said:

The press did their job by bringing us the story and asking questions.

It is not their job to decide the fate of Mr Cummings.

If the press can't uncover a smoking gun, then the situation doesn't change.

Yeah.

The side issues are interesting though. His wife's London family for example. His wife's alternative real time stories. 

Strong views he breached the rules though. 

Sooperstar

The leaders of the various other parties are meeting tomorrow to discuss the next steps in holding Boris and Dom to account. Despite the wishful thinking of Conservative cabinet members and some dafties on this thread this isn't going to just go away.

The Real Maroonblood
Just now, Sooperstar said:

The leaders of the various other parties are meeting tomorrow to discuss the next steps in holding Boris and Dom to account. Despite the wishful thinking of Conservative cabinet members and some dafties on this thread this isn't going to just go away.

:pleasing:

dobmisterdobster
10 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Yeah.

The side issues are interesting though. His wife's London family for example. His wife's alternative real time stories. 

Strong views he breached the rules though. 

If he hasn't told us everything today then he out.

dobmisterdobster
5 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

The other parties don't have the political power to pass anything meaningful. Silly stuff.

The Mighty Thor
5 minutes ago, dobmisterdobster said:

The other parties don't have the political power to pass anything meaningful. Silly stuff.

They don't need to. Johnson and Cummings are stranded in a field full of rakes whilst wearing clown shoes. 

AlimOzturk

Not much the other parties need to to do TBH. Just sit back watch the carnage.

Governor Tarkin
3 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Johnson and Cummings are stranded in a field full of rakes whilst wearing clown shoes. 

:rofl:

Lone Striker
2 hours ago, pablo said:

Also, what about him describing the family estate/farm with the separate cottages and private woodland? Punters up and down the land stuck in flats for months on end. Absolutely no idea these dickheads.

In the modern era...yes 

manaliveits105
20 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

Suppose they’ve got to try and look relevant as they are doing feck all else

48 minutes ago, Barack said:

Spend £20, you get a holiday wardrobe for Benalmadena, Torremolinos or Benidorm.

With change.

28 minutes ago, Morgan said:

Spend £20, you get a holiday wardrobe for Benalmadena, Torremolinos or Benidorm.

With change.

Well done, you.! 

Incidentally, did you fly with Ryanair, as you seem to have ended up in France.

Edited by ri Alban

We'll be swamped now with the BBC in conjunction with other tory press outlets telling us all about the eye conditions people have had related to the virus. The tory voters will be swamping their MP's mail box once the party has contacted them to do so

Never been an issue until now but there again it just wasn't noticed until the right man and his buddy 'contracted' the virus...well one of them did.

The virus seems to have had an impact on Boris though as he can't see what is right in front of him...can't see the wood for the trees it seems

Cairneyhill Jambo
1 hour ago, manaliveits105 said:

Suppose they’ve got to try and look relevant as they are doing feck all else

The rest of the leaders are not breaking the law or lying. Jeezo. You really love the Tory boaby eh? 

10 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

We'll be swamped now with the BBC in conjunction with other tory press outlets telling us all about the eye conditions people have had related to the virus. The tory voters will be swamping their MP's mail box once the party has contacted them to do so

Never been an issue until now but there again it just wasn't noticed until the right man and his buddy 'contracted' the virus...well one of them did.

The virus seems to have had an impact on Boris though as he can't see what is right in front of him...can't see the wood for the trees it seems

Driving with an impairment is an offence.

1 hour ago, Barack said:

The thing is that it will be Primark, the M&S and John Lewis crowd will have the smarts to keep a lid on it for a while, Primark will be like Blackpool on the September weekend. 

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )
  • JKBMod 12 featured, locked, unlocked and unfeatured this topic