Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )

CJGJ

scott herbertson

From another site

"Cummings says his eyesight was fortunately good enough to drive.Having used his wife and four year old as crash test dummies.

Didn’t prevent today’s car crash."

• Replies 107.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 minute ago, vegas-voss said:

I had a chat with the Prime Minister about it later but neither of us can remember anything of it 

😂😂😂😂

Based on their usual live talks it would have consisted of the following 'eh, eh, well, ehh, ehh, ummm'

Spellczech
7 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

Did Prince Andrew advise him? That was an even better shit show than I thought it would be. 

Test my eyesight by driving to Barnard Castle. 

:rofl: 

Andrew was pictured watching it...

image.png.80ec694807e08c55cbcee1d71c7c0b8d.png

Unknown user
7 minutes ago, Jeff said:

If it's Bob Mortimer then it's true! unless its that's Chris Rea cracked an egg in his bath

The hand lion- lick or strike!

7 minutes ago, Barack said:

"10 minutes in...no-one's dead yet...keep going...15...maybe pushing my luck now...30 minutes...better have a rest...just in case..."

D08B09E8-56DE-4768-9A9A-04EDECAB1299.jpeg

Every time they open their mouth they make it worse :lol:

Wee drive with the wife and kid to see if I can actually drive safely 

1 minute ago, jonnothejambo said:

Two wanks on BBC thinking he done a good job !!!

:rofl:

Ganged up on by the haters.    Dribble dribble.

Jambo-Jimbo

Does it really take a drive of some 25+ miles and 30 minutes for you to check if your eyesight was ok to drive.

I'd have thought you'd know if it was ok within the first minute or so and or the first few road junctions and corners.

Stopped at the side of the road for the kid to go to the toilet, ok, we've all had that one, but they then started to play in the wood and were seen by other people.

Now I don't know about you folks, but if you, your wife and kid had all been ill and you had a several hour drive back home, would you not be wanting to get back home as soon as possible whilst your still feeling ok, I know I would.

Calling BS on this, if they thought the Cummings presser would put this to bed, I get the feeling they have mis-judged this horrendously badly as I think the presser has made things worse. 

3 minutes ago, Barack said:

The memes make it all worthwhile.

Like this:

Screenshot_20200525-175939_Twitter.jpg

Haha! 

I wonder how Laura is going to try and defend that disaster. 

I beg your pardon,

I met you all in the rose garden,

I sat down in the sunshine,

Had myself a rather public meltdown...

3 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

Feck sake they are asking the tattooed lady now 

You mean the Durham University Lecturer? 

joondalupjambo
2 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

Feck sake they are asking the tattooed lady now 

Jeez a uni lecturer as well.  Tats not the issue but not understanding how powerful the guy is and why a huge number of folk want rid of him was a bit of a worry.  I think she was a bit too nervous being on TV and not engaging her napper😃

Spellczech
1 minute ago, Victorian said:

No taxis... in London.

:notsure:

In Durham - This was why he drove the day after he could barely stand up because of Covid.

1 minute ago, Spellczech said:

In Durham - This was why he drove the day after he could barely stand up because of Covid.

Was the taxi to the hospital not in London?

JudyJudyJudy
58 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

Have had to turn this off. Hate the way the media are baying for blood in this. I might just be a soft ***** but i am actually feeling sorry for cummings. He deserved the sack but this death by media he is suffering is just wrong and it is a sad reflection on society. Cummings arrogance isn't helping what so ever. 

Politics is a brutal game. 

He is accountable to his paymasters , which in effect are us so he is rightly to be grilled..No sympathy at all. 

Spellczech
2 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Was the taxi to the hospital not in London?

It was 2,3,4,or 5 miles from the house...if he'd kept counting up to 270 then yes it could've been in London, but he had other drives to talk about...

Just now, Spellczech said:

It was 2,3,4,or 5 miles from the house...if he'd kept counting up to 270 then yes it could've been in London, but he had other drives to talk about...

Ah, sorry.  Thought the taxi thing was pre-Durham.

I am in two minds over this.

Dominic is either an idiot to think he can keep pushing and getting away with this. Or he is very clever and this shit storm is being driven by him to distract us all from something else. I wonder what that is?

Maybe I am giving him too much credit here.

JudyJudyJudy
1 minute ago, kila said:

Dominic is either an idiot to think he can keep pushing and getting away with this. Or he is very clever and this shit storm is being driven by him to distract us all from something else. I wonder what that is?

Acceleration of lockdown maybe? 

The Real Maroonblood
6 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Acceleration of lockdown maybe? 

What more lockdown?

JudyJudyJudy
3 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

What more lockdown?

Sorry i meant acceleration  of easing the lockdown .  To divert away from this scandal and appease the population;   Commonly known as " distraction"

The Real Maroonblood
Just now, JamesM48 said:

Sorry i meant acceleration  of easing the lockdown .  To divert away from this scandal and appease the population;   Commonly known as " distraction"

👍

10 minutes ago, kila said:

I think you may find that he is so arrogant the rules don't apply to him..in his mind.....oh and that of his family who have also been fast and loose with the truth

The sheer stupidity of not even attempting to apologise followed by one of the worst excuses since he made the excuse about having to go to Durham.....telling us he drove 30 miles to check his eye sight possibly placing others in danger from 'poor eyesight'.

I want to believe the public will see this 🙈 for what it is.....a blatant attempt to save his job, to try and distance Boris from the incident and to con the public with a nothing to see hear statement

Spellczech
1 minute ago, CJGJ said:

I think you may find that he is so arrogant the rules don't apply to him..in his mind.....oh and that of his family who have also been fast and loose with the truth

The sheer stupidity of not even attempting to apologise followed by one of the worst excuses since he made the excuse about having to go to Durham.....telling us he drove 30 miles to check his eye sight possibly placing others in danger from 'poor eyesight'.

I want to believe the public will see this 🙈 for what it is.....a blatant attempt to save his job, to try and distance Boris from the incident and to con the public with a nothing to see hear statement

Tory whip had the minions posting tweets that his explanation was full and honest and that we should all move on...In the 90s he'd have been forced to resign but Mandelson trying to hold on led to a resistance to falling on swords as news "moves quicker now"

The Mighty Thor
8 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

Tory whip had the minions posting tweets that his explanation was full and honest and that we should all move on...In the 90s he'd have been forced to resign but Mandelson trying to hold on led to a resistance to falling on swords as news "moves quicker now"

Hat Mancock has tweeted in the past hour that its all good in the hood. Let's move on👍

Pasquale for King
9 minutes ago, graygo said:

Just a coincidence, as it was said earlier on today Patrick Valance worked for them from 2006-18 and left to become Chief Scientific Adviser to the UK government. Just a coincidence Cummings went there, he couldn’t see after all.

Nicholas Brody

I'm sorry but how the **** can the special advisor to the British PM not get a child minder in London :rofl:

Edited by Nicholas Brody

The Mighty Thor
2 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Pantomime continues with BJ in next few mins.    

Here comes an announcement from bawjaws. 

Its the magicians trick. Don't look there, look here.

You couldn't write it. Desperately trying to move the news cycle on. 

Spellczech

I've just summarised Cummings justification for my wife who has just got in from work: Went like this: "He apparently has special family situation which means he had to drive to Durham while his wife was ill,...no, the second trip to Durham was apparently fake news, but he did have to do a 30 mile drive to Barnard Castle to test his eyesight was ok for driving back to London, but he took his family with him on this drive...and once he arrived at Barnard Castle he felt sick so had to stop get out the car and sit by a river for 15 minutes". At this point she burst out laughing.

I simply cannot sell it like a Tory...

Francis Albert
1 hour ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

Alastair Campbell utterly ripping him on sky news. 

...the backroom aide who got us into the Iraq war by making things up? He and Blair are the enemies Cummings and Bojo must have hoped  would  crawl out of the woodwork.. 

Francis Albert
3 minutes ago, Nicholas Brody said:

I'm sorry but how the **** can the special advisor to the British PM not get a child minder in London :rofl:

If he was honest enough to say he had Covid 19? Maybe not. 

Nucky Thompson

Fecking hell. Those journalists are boring. Every fecking question zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Spellczech
Just now, manaliveits105 said:

Biffs the Guardian with a headline that was wrong 

he’s been impressive tonight

Ya think? He was dreadful!

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )
  • JKBMod 12 featured, locked, unlocked and unfeatured this topic