Jump to content
CJGJ

Coronavirus pandemic

Recommended Posts

Squirt
5 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

I get the feeling she was hoping that would happen and has part 3 lined up for tomorrow night!


Aww see if they came out tomorrow with photo evidence or similar that he’d been out, that would be just so delicious.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
23 minutes ago, Jeff said:

 

He's the smuggest of them all. Detest the guy

Hard to believe he's the cousin of Mick Jones (The Clash, BAD, Gorillaz).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
Just now, Squirt said:


Scary. Genuinely, truly scary. 

Aye, although not a massive surprise the Tories and Republicans are linked. I imagine Cummings may help out on the Trump campaign trail later this year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
luckydug
2 hours ago, Nucky Thompson said:

I can't comment on Universal Credit because I've never applied for it, but the penalties seem harsh and are open to jobsworth government workers having power trips

The workers are sympathetic to the claimants plight.

It is senior management who set targets and pressure staff into meeting those targets on sanctioning people.

People are being sanctioned for minor offences with the punishments being way out of line with the indescretion.

As for Cummings it's unbelievable that government ministers are playing down his blatant  breaking of lock down rules .

One call to social services would have solved the child care issue.

The child care was just an excuse to pull a fast one on the rest of us mugs.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SectionDJambo
18 minutes ago, luckydug said:

The workers are sympathetic to the claimants plight.

It is senior management who set targets and pressure staff into meeting those targets on sanctioning people.

People are being sanctioned for minor offences with the punishments being way out of line with the indescretion.

As for Cummings it's unbelievable that government ministers are playing down his blatant  breaking of lock down rules .

One call to social services would have solved the child care issue.

The child care was just an excuse to pull a fast one on the rest of us mugs.

 

The Tory cabinet ministers are scared of Cummings. He already managed to get the previous Chancellor of the Exchequer sacked. He looks like an unelected leader of the U.K., with Johnson as his front man. He will get no criticism from any Tory with career ambition, as he calls the shots.

He is an intelligent menace with little regard for the British public, other than to do what he wants them to do. To be fair to him, he has managed to persuade the U.K. electorate to leave the EU and elect Boris Johnson, a joke figure, as Prime Minister.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lone Striker
4 hours ago, Whatever said:

Horrible Tory *******.

But here's the thing ..... he's not a Tory. He hates politicians, the establishment, and posh toffs.   Totally bizarre that he's now the right-hand man for the biggest establishment posh toff imagineable  (well, maybe equal with Grease-Dogg).     

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, DETTY29 said:

 

Me thinks a number of the cabinet are going to regret supporting Cummings.

 

All the smarmy gits -The PM, Hancock, Gove, Rabb, Hancock...ok we get.

 

But Sunak as an e.g who came over as a decent guy might regret sticking by what everyone knew about Cummings.

 

1 hour ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

Sunak was just the good news guy. He's the same as the rest of them. 

He did but a quick look as his career to date with Goldman Sachs and as a hedge fund manager would say otherwise.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2020/mar/08/chancellor-rishi-sunak-the-bit-part-hedge-fund-partner-now-managing-the-whole-economy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
hughesie27

#DominicCummings is the 4th Highest trending topic on my Twitter. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Squirt
43 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

#DominicCummings is the 4th Highest trending topic on my Twitter. 


On mine it’s #DominicCummngs with 21k tweets.

 

As in it’s spelt wrong, and his name spelt correctly doesn’t show up on the trending list.

 

The conspiracy heads think it’s a cover up whilst others think it’s because twitters algorithm ignores it because it includes “Cumming” for reasons I’m sure we can guess.

 

Not sure what side I’m on yet. After the election fiascos and Cambridge Analytica shite who knows what to believe. 

Edited by Squirt

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
FinnBarr Saunders
1 hour ago, luckydug said:

The workers are sympathetic to the claimants plight.

It is senior management who set targets and pressure staff into meeting those targets on sanctioning people.

People are being sanctioned for minor offences with the punishments being way out of line with the indescretion.

As for Cummings it's unbelievable that government ministers are playing down his blatant  breaking of lock down rules .

One call to social services would have solved the child care issue.

The child care was just an excuse to pull a fast one on the rest of us mugs.

 

 

Really? When our daughter was at primary Mrs Saunders got herself a part time job (26 hours per week). When daughter moved up to secondary the Mrs moved up to full time hours (37.5 per week). I was sick telling them on the phone her hours had changed but they still kept on paying us the same amount (can't remember how much they were paying). I had proof that I had told them the hours she worked and how much she made in the last tax year but was that good enough? Naw, all of a sudden I got a massive bill off them, I had to pay £133 per month for almost 3 years to pay them back. Like I said I tried to tell them but they wouldn't listen and could have put us up shit creek. Its not a credit, its a feckin loan they want paid back.

 

Others at work have had the same problems.

Edited by FinnBarr Saunders

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
FinnBarr Saunders
1 minute ago, Squirt said:


On mine it’s #DominicCummngs with 21k tweets.

 

As in it’s spelt wrong, and his name spelt correctly doesn’t show up on the trending list.

 

The conspiracy heads think it’s a cover up whilst others think it’s because twitters algorithm ignores it because it includes “Cumming” for reasons I’m sure we can guess.

 

Not sure what side I’m on yet. After the election fiascos and Cambridge Analytica shite who knows what to believe. 

 

Didn't I see his name has been spelt Culling somewhere today?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Governor Tarkin
5 hours ago, DETTY29 said:

I'd 'kevin keegan' it if someone unsocially distanced their forehead from the bridge of Cummings nose.  

 

Oh yes.

Keegan_3293739b.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
annushorribilis III
2 hours ago, Squirt said:


Aww see if they came out tomorrow with photo evidence or similar that he’d been out, that would be just so delicious.

 

Someone made a note of his car reg apparently. Glorious  ,if true.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Governor Tarkin
1 hour ago, SectionDJambo said:

The Tory cabinet ministers are scared of Cummings. He already managed to get the previous Chancellor of the Exchequer sacked. He looks like an unelected leader of the U.K., with Johnson as his front man. He will get no criticism from any Tory with career ambition, as he calls the shots.

He is an intelligent menace with little regard for the British public, other than to do what he wants them to do. To be fair to him, he has managed to persuade the U.K. electorate to leave the EU and elect Boris Johnson, a joke figure, as Prime Minister.

 

1 hour ago, Lone Striker said:

But here's the thing ..... he's not a Tory. He hates politicians, the establishment, and posh toffs.   Totally bizarre that he's now the right-hand man for the biggest establishment posh toff imagineable  (well, maybe equal with Grease-Dogg).     

 

The evidence points  overwhelmingly in one direction, chaps.

The-Omen-1976-v2-poster-by-Beyond.png

Edited by Governor Tarkin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
annushorribilis III
2 hours ago, Joey J J Jr Shabadoo said:

Jack Wakefield, Cummings' brother in law, works for Dymytro Firtash, who was involved with the Trump impeachment.

 

https://bylinetimes.com/2019/10/23/firtash-how-the-trump-impeachment-scandal-leads-back-to-british-brexiters/

 

Mrs Cummings regularly tweets shit about Trump & her connections are well known. She also writes more shit in the Spectator but she went too far this time and wrote a piece about hubby's terrible sufferings at home with the Covid virus (obv overlooking that "home" was suddenly 250 miles north of London) . Now even the Spectator is calling for Cummings to be sacked. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Governor Tarkin
5 hours ago, fancy a brew said:

 

 Fair enough. 😆

 

🍻

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Governor Tarkin
3 hours ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

Sunak was just the good news guy. He's the same as the rest of them. 

 

:sadrobbo:

 

Deep down I know this, but it still makes me sad.

It's the hope that eventually kills you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ri Alban
9 hours ago, Furious Styles said:


Doubt you would be able to tell the difference. A ****ing awful musical instrument. 

🤣

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ri Alban
10 hours ago, Lord BJ said:

 

**** my memory doesn't serve me well.😔

 

Though never had you as a Dallas fan, bet you loved Cliff Barnes 😂

Everybody watched Dallas. Mostly because there was feck all else on. :D

And JR was the Man. 👍  There and here! :robboyas:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Smithee
4 hours ago, annushorribilis III said:

Someone made a note of his car reg apparently. Glorious  ,if true.

I read the guy saying he'd googled the plates so he could prove when it had happened from his search history.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ri Alban

Dominic ' I can do as I please' Cummings

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ri Alban

I'm surprised the guy from Baywatch isn't here with his Astroturfing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
The Mighty Thor

I'm no fan of Richard Leonard, Labour's Scotchland branch manager, but this deserves high praise.

Chapeau!

Screenshot_20200524-074944_Twitter.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Smithee
8 hours ago, Lone Striker said:

But here's the thing ..... he's not a Tory. He hates politicians, the establishment, and posh toffs.   Totally bizarre that he's now the right-hand man for the biggest establishment posh toff imagineable  (well, maybe equal with Grease-Dogg).     

 

His wife is deputy editor of the Spectator, the tory magazine once edited by Boris himself, and daughter of a baronet who has a castle. His 7 figure townhouse has a tapestry room. He's the CEO of a tory government. 

I'm wondering how much he really hates the establishment and posh toffs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Walter Bishop

Oxford Uni Prof. Adrian Hill saying today their vaccine has only 50% chance of success. The reason being, the virus is waning. They think of the 10,000 candidates only around 20 may catch the virus. They estimate the number of people to have the virus in the community to be as low as 0.25% to back this up there has been less than 600 new cases in London in last 14 days. 

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JT1959

The way the dark powers now work, I wouldn’t be surprised if the new sightings are leaks straight from Tory hq backed sources to muddy to present fake news.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
fancy a brew

Arch Brexiteer Steve Baker is the first Tory MP to publicly call for Cummings to resign on Sky. Doesn't hold back on his criticism either.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
fancy a brew
10 hours ago, Joey J J Jr Shabadoo said:

Jack Wakefield, Cummings' brother in law, works for Dymytro Firtash, who was involved with the Trump impeachment.

 

https://bylinetimes.com/2019/10/23/firtash-how-the-trump-impeachment-scandal-leads-back-to-british-brexiters/

 

 

Thanks for the link, a bit depressing really. We laugh at Trump's shenanigans, but I'm not sure we're so different.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sooperstar

Shapps does not have the answers to the questions that were given to him 12 hours or so before his interview with Sophy Ridge this morning.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dean Winchester
9 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

Shapps does not have the answers to the questions that were given to him 12 hours or so before his interview with Sophy Ridge this morning.

Still whinging about how he thought he was coming on to talk about resurfacing a road though :lol: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sooperstar

That's a number of Tory MP's now calling for him to go.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Victorian
1 hour ago, Walter Bishop said:

Oxford Uni Prof. Adrian Hill saying today their vaccine has only 50% chance of success. The reason being, the virus is waning. They think of the 10,000 candidates only around 20 may catch the virus. They estimate the number of people to have the virus in the community to be as low as 0.25% to back this up there has been less than 600 new cases in London in last 14 days. 

 

 

 

 

 

They knew this was highly likely from the start.    That the trial cohort would not become exposed to the virus to achieve efficacy.    They already knew they would have to end up trialling it where the virus was much more prevalent.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Victorian

Shapps being ragdolled by Marr.     

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
manaliveits105

Transport secretary flailing on Andrew Marr over Dominic - just sack him (even though Mails 2nd story may not be true)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jonnothejambo

Now we know why the Transport Minister was chucked under the bus to do the interviews because they have been a car crash and a train wreck combined. 

 

What a slavering erse. Utterly clueless and tied in more knots than a sailor's rope.

 

Tories starting to break ranks too. The snake will be under his rock by the end of the day, hopefully. 

 

Wonder if Goldilocks will have the cojones to front up at the daily press conference.....

 

:Aye:

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Spellczech
10 hours ago, SectionDJambo said:

The Tory cabinet ministers are scared of Cummings. He already managed to get the previous Chancellor of the Exchequer sacked. He looks like an unelected leader of the U.K., with Johnson as his front man. He will get no criticism from any Tory with career ambition, as he calls the shots.

He is an intelligent menace with little regard for the British public, other than to do what he wants them to do. To be fair to him, he has managed to persuade the U.K. electorate to leave the EU and elect Boris Johnson, a joke figure, as Prime Minister.

He is like Peter Mandelson but unelected...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Barack

Well, that was awkward...

 

:lol:

 

Daily Briefing will be a Circus later on too. Hopefully Laura Kuennesberg is still crying under her sheets and another "journalist" from the BBC gets to ask a slightly more uncomfortable question to whomever is punted into the firing line, today. Some might be "unavailable."

 

Probably, Eric. Junior Minister for Office Supplies and Board Games.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
annushorribilis III
1 hour ago, Walter Bishop said:

Oxford Uni Prof. Adrian Hill saying today their vaccine has only 50% chance of success. The reason being, the virus is waning. They think of the 10,000 candidates only around 20 may catch the virus. They estimate the number of people to have the virus in the community to be as low as 0.25% to back this up there has been less than 600 new cases in London in last 14 days. 

 

 

 

 

There was an American Oxbridge professor on BBC News within the last week or so (can't recall his name but he's been on a few times) who said "don't get your hopes up on finding a vaccine" - he said the likelihood was less than 50% due to the fact it's very difficult to produce a vaccine to fight a virus (or words to that effect).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
felix
3 hours ago, Lord BJ said:

Puts the risk in perspective.

The BBC put that graph up,  showing risk of corona death vs annual life risk , a week or so ago. That pretty much convinced me of the sledgehammer/nut scenario .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Spellczech
21 hours ago, Nicholas Brody said:

I'm not particularly interested in who would do better tbh. I can confidently say that Jeremy Corbyn wouldn't treat the UK public with such contempt though.

Hmmn Always got the impression that Corbyn was a man who didn't really respect nationalism or borders or anything like that - he saw everybody as a person not a passport, which sounds like a good thing but he was also the sort who liked to have the security of money in the bank wilst living a frugal lifestyle. Life under him would've meant him giving away all the nation's (ie our) money but keep his own back... Not much different from the Tories except the Tories like to give the nation's money to their pals, Corbyn would give it to "the oppressed" whoever they may be - certainly would not be you or me... That's where I lose interest in politicians: It all seems to be about creaming just enough money from the middle classes to satisfy the needs of the upper classes or the lower classes. As soon as you cream too much, you lose the next election to the other ones...

Edited by Spellczech

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DETTY29

 

If Cummings survives the day, just let him do the briefing tomorrow. No statement, no questions. Just put up the data graphs while he stands there giving us all the vickies.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jambogaza

Where is the prime minister?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
The Mighty Thor
9 minutes ago, jambogaza said:

Where is the prime minister?

Only does PMQs on a Wednesday and they're now off until 3rd June. 

 

He'll be in the fridge at Number 10 or travelling to his second home (rules are for fools) 👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ri Alban

Can see it going nuts down south.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lord BJ
54 minutes ago, felix said:

Puts the risk in perspective.

The BBC put that graph up,  showing risk of corona death vs annual life risk , a week or so ago. That pretty much convinced me of the sledgehammer/nut scenario .

 

image.jpeg.b069c6cadf0fdb052c02a83d84c08e35.jpeg

 

Indeed.

 

People have the fear of god put into them through a combination of government messaging and media. 

Edited by Lord BJ

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...