CJGJ

Coronavirus pandemic

OBE
31 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

It really shouldn't have but the two have became entwined

The same expert scientists would've been advising any UK elected Government. This is a novel virus, cut them some slack FFS!

Not direct @ you v-v...:peace:

indianajones

Cummings guy is a right horrible piece of work. Be good to see the back of that guy. 

redjambo
1 hour ago, indianajones said:

Cummings guy is a right horrible piece of work. Be good to see the back of that guy.

He knows all the secrets. They ain't going to be getting rid of him any time soon.

ri Alban
5 hours ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Think it's a form of megalomania tbh. It eventually affected the top 2 PMs of my lifetime - Thatcher and Blair - and, on a smaller scale, it is also affecting leaders of devolved administrations.

Given I'm one of the very few who wear a mask when shopping in Tesco, forget this face covering nonsense,  I mean a proper medical grade mask, people are flinging the FM a deaf ear.

Tesco is hardly a confined space.

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo

Sky also reporting that Yorkshire NHS trust appears to have falsified a covid test result for an 80 year old, before transferring the patient to a care home. I'm guessing it won't be the only example.

https://news.sky.com/story/coronavirus-nhs-trust-apologises-to-family-of-elderly-patient-whose-medical-records-were-altered-11992855

manaliveits105
7 hours ago, Old Blue Eyes said:

Need to change the thread title from Coronavirus pandemic to party political shitcast.

:spoton:

ri Alban
39 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

He's talking about you, FFS!

vegas-voss
3 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

😂

Marvin
Posted (edited)

Who'd have thought that in 2006 hibs were practising social distancing watch from 0:42 :rofl: 

Edited by Marvin

manaliveits105
35 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Moi ? 

Oh the irony of fat hibby Blackford spouting on bbc that Cummings should be sacked (and he should) from his constituency in SKYE where there is a care home debacle - will you go too Ian ?

OBE
19 hours ago, joondalupjambo said:

I think there could be a big market in empty coke bottles and boxes of soft tissues in Phase One😃😃

Some Comfort fabric conditioner bottles have larger diameter openings that should accept most flaccid appendages...:thumbsup:

Dinnae ask OK, just dinnae!

Lord BJ
5 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

Moi ? 

Oh the irony of fat hibby Blackford spouting on bbc that Cummings should be sacked (and he should) from his constituency in SKYE where there is a care home debacle - will you go too Ian ?

I’m not sure but isn’t he a MP so no power in relation to care homes as they devolved/private responsibilities?

He was ducking appalling on that interview though. Thought Naga made him look a bumbling fool purposely misrepresenting the situation. 

Also not a chance Cummings gets sacked or resigns. Even if by some miracle he did he would still be advising through another method. 

He’s Bojo’s Boy🤷🏻‍♂️

vegas-voss
1 minute ago, Lord BJ said:

I’m not sure but isn’t he a MP so no power in relation to care homes as they devolved/private responsibilities?

He was ducking appalling on that interview though. Thought Naga made him look a bumbling fool purposely misrepresenting the situation. 

Also not a chance Cummings gets sacked or resigns. Even if by some miracle he did he would still be advising through another method. 

He’s Bojo’s Boy🤷🏻‍♂️

Does my nut in whenever he is at PMQs virtually the whole chamber ( when it's full ) gets up and leaves when he starts talking and no wonder it's virtually the same question every week.

The Real Maroonblood
1 hour ago, ri Alban said:

:laugh:

fancy a brew

I'm not sure what's more embarrassing for Dominic Cummings, the fact that he's been shown to be an absolute hypocrite who drove a coach and horses through rules he helped to draw up, or that at age 48 he was seen dancing to Abba in his parents garden.

fancy a brew
Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

Stopped reading at this bit. If he isn't aware what happened in Italy, probably best ignored.

"There is no indication that hospitals could ever have become overloaded, irrespective of what we did. So we could open up again, and forget the whole thing."

Edited by fancy a brew

fancy a brew
Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Smithee said:

It is, but a quick deek shows a LOT of equally qualified scientists who disagree with him. He also mentions about 25% are immune now, that's the first I've heard, anyone else know of this?

Even with their herd immunity strategy, a Swedish government study published on Wednesday found only 7.3% of Stockholm inhabitants have had it. (At the end of April)

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/may/21/just-7-per-cent-of-stockholm-had-covid-19-antibodies-by-end-of-april-study-sweden-coronavirus

Edited by fancy a brew

SE16 3LN
58 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

He’s Bojo’s Boy🤷🏻‍♂️

Blackford has been a disgrace throughout this pandemic. His "we're shut, **** off" tweet shows Scotland at its Parochial best and he's proud to represent that view. The threat from England is a myth peddled regularly from the Nationalist ranks, including NS, and as with all xenophobic scaremongering, its completely false. 

DETTY29

ri Alban
27 minutes ago, SE16 3LN said:

Blackford has been a disgrace throughout this pandemic. His "we're shut, **** off" tweet shows Scotland at its Parochial best and he's proud to represent that view. The threat from England is a myth peddled regularly from the Nationalist ranks, including NS, and as with all xenophobic scaremongering, its completely false. 

:bigyawn:

Nucky Thompson
1 hour ago, manaliveits105 said:

Moi ? 

Blackford is a total cock. He was like a dog with a bone this morning. 

I wouldn't tire of slapping his fat Hobo face

ri Alban
1 minute ago, Nucky Thompson said:

You'll need to get in the queue behind The greatest living Scotsman. He hates him with a passion, apparently. :D

Nucky Thompson
Just now, ri Alban said:

You'll need to get in the queue behind The greatest living Scotsman. He hates him with a passion, apparently. :D

Who's the greatest living Scotsman :D

ri Alban
Just now, Nucky Thompson said:

Who's the greatest living Scotsman :D

🤣 Alex Salmond

The Real Maroonblood
3 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Hammer of the Hobos Robbo.

ri Alban
Just now, The Real Maroonblood said:

Hammer of the Hobos Robbo.

:robboyas:

ri Alban

Don't want to be mean, but the clapping and captain Tom should be quietly retired. The BBC don't half rip the pish out of everything.

jake
1 minute ago, ri Alban said:

Don't want to be mean, but the clapping and captain Tom should be quietly retired. The BBC don't half rip the pish out of everything.

Afekinmen.

Toxteth O'Grady

Number 10 trying to justify Cummings travelling 260 miles while infected - wow!

SE16 3LN
21 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

:bigyawn:

Do some work

SE16 3LN
16 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Andy Murray?

highlandjambo3
Posted (edited)
15 hours ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

A family member was going to Cyprus and they are glad it’s been cancelled.

The holiday was costing a fortune and at least they’ll get a full refund.

Only been to Cyprus once, landed in the south stated there a couple of days then drove through to North for a 2 week stay in a villa.  Must say it was like chalk and cheese, the South was full of English style pubs, English beer & breakfast signs everywhere, burnt brits abroad etc......The north was very traditional Cyprus (with a Turkish influence of course) fairly quiet, lots of cracking restaurants, quiet beaches.  
If I was going back it would def be North, not sure if travel restrictions are different from then as it was a few years ago I.e you can only fly into northern Cyprus from turkey, if you fly into southern Cyprus, which is easier to do, you then need to then drive across the border through a checkpoint, it’s fairly straightforward.

Edited by highlandjambo3

Nucky Thompson
7 minutes ago, Toxteth O'Grady said:

Number 10 trying to justify Cummings travelling 260 miles while infected - wow!

I heard he said both him and his wife had covid and couldn't look after their child so went to the grandparents as an emergency, but lived in a separate building.

I don't have much time for Cummings but that sounds like a plausible excuse, if true.

The Real Maroonblood
1 minute ago, highlandjambo3 said:

Only been to Cyprus once, landed in the south stated there a couple of days then drove through to North for a 2 week stay in a villa.  Must say it was like chalk and cheese, the South was full of English style pubs, English beer & breakfast signs everywhere, burnt brits abroad etc......The north was very traditional Cyprus (with a Turkish influence of course) fairly quiet, lots of cracking restaurants, quiet beaches.  
If I was going back it would def be North, not sure if travel restrictions are different from then as it was a few years ago I.e you can only fly into northern Cyprus from turkey, if for whatever reason you can only fly into southern Cyprus you need to then drive across the border through a checkpoint, it’s fairly straightforward.

Never been myself and I’ve never really fancied it and for no particular reason.

Seymour M Hersh
28 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

This. He also needs to be questioned every time he appears about his role in Charles Kennedy's eventual suicide. 

DETTY29

Even with lifting for next week we are being advised that if you travel to meet a relative it has to be within reasonable travelling distance and zero stopping toilet breaks or otherwise.

The narrative is now that the sister offered to look after the kid not the parents.  So if anything she should have driven to London to pick the kid up, even if that was allowed.

And her and the kids would also have to self isolate in Durham for 14 days....

Brighton Jambo
1 hour ago, fancy a brew said:

Stopped reading at this bit. If he isn't aware what happened in Italy, probably best ignored.

"There is no indication that hospitals could ever have become overloaded, irrespective of what we did. So we could open up again, and forget the whole thing."

I stopped reading at the word ‘Draconian’ in relation to measures.  It was only about three lines in but told me that the whole rest of the article clearly was written with a massive agenda in mind rather than a genuinely new scientific perspective.  

DETTY29
12 minutes ago, SE16 3LN said:

Andy Murray?

The third brother Duncan, is a jambo.

(He's a parody brother by comic Chris Forbes)

Seymour M Hersh
1 hour ago, Smithee said:

It is, but a quick deek shows a LOT of equally qualified scientists who disagree with him. He also mentions about 25% are immune now, that's the first I've heard, anyone else know of this?

This is part of the problem being so reliant on "the science". They're at each others throats desperately trying to be the one who makes the big breakthrough. Egos that make Mohammed Ali look like a shy retiring accountant. 

Brighton Jambo
Posted (edited)
25 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

I saw that the women who initiated the clap for Carers wants this weeks to be the last one.  I tend to agree.  

Edited by Brighton Jambo

Normthebarman
Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, Brighton Jambo said:

I stopped reading at the word ‘Draconian’ in relation to measures.  It was only about three lines in but told me that the whole rest of the article clearly was written with a massive agenda in mind rather than a genuinely new scientific perspective.  

Kinda this. Got further than 3 lines but the more you read, the clearer it is that they have an agenda. Just as there's money to be made from scientists taking the government shilling, there's plenty cash to be made for scientists willing to have a pop. 

Edited by Normthebarman

fancy a brew
10 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

I heard he said both him and his wife had covid and couldn't look after their child so went to the grandparents as an emergency, but lived in a separate building.

I don't have much time for Cummings but that sounds like a plausible excuse, if true.

.EYsWwkxWkAE5eXs?format=jpg&name=medium

The Real Maroonblood
6 minutes ago, fancy a brew said:

.EYsWwkxWkAE5eXs?format=jpg&name=medium

:laugh:

indianajones
42 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Nah. 

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
Posted (edited)
50 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

According to his wife he collapsed and was suffering spasms. He probably shouldn't have been driving the length of the country when he was that ill. Let alone spreading his virus to his parents and the general public.

The weirdo is toast.

Edited by Joey J J Jr Shabadoo

Boof
12 hours ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

He absolutely should resign or be sacked. Like Calderwood and shagger Ferguson,  you have to be consistent.  They all broke the rules that they were imploring the public to follow. 

Have I missed something?

This happened on 5th April...didn't it?

How's it only hitting the news now?