Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )

CJGJ

1 minute ago, micole said:

Ok here's my take on it.

If him and his wife were showing signs of Covid 19 would it be fair to assume his kid may have had a chance of being infected as well. Now going on that assumption why would any rational parent drive 200 odd mile to your elderly parents to leave your child there, also did he have contact with them when he got there. People were saying he was only doing what he thought was best for his family I would argue he was putting other people at risk ie his parents, also being totally irresponsible IMO. Now if I have read this wrong I'm quite sure others on here will set me right.

No you've got it all wrong.

He did all this the day before he got the virus but he knew he was getting it so actually he's some kind of hero for saving his child.

• Replies 107.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

17 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Did something similar, Graygo.

Fantastic times. 👍

16 years ago now, seems like yesterday and I still bore the pants off folk talking about it.

29 minutes ago, Realzaragoza said:

Calderwood went to her holiday house twice and was initially defended by Sturgeon  - Ferguson  thought it was okay to meet up with his lover  - Cummings went for family support .  Leave your party politics behind ?

Think you need to have a wee recollection of what really happened. 

And what a shitter for the thousands upon thousands upon thousands of parents and relatives of kids either on the autistic spectrum or  needing family support who have gone through hell but this guy whose success is based on feeding lies (88% of social media information from Tory party in last few days of the last general election were Fact Checked as false) seems to be one of the few folk in the country that knew what exceptions were.

The narrative is changing every day to support a guy who without putting to fine a point on it is a professional embelisher of the truth.

Edited by DETTY29

Lone Striker

Apart from the farcical briefing performance by Boris, why did no-one ask him 2 obvious questions -

1 - Did Cummings ask you or tell you IN ADVANCE that he wanted/needed  to travel to Durham with his wife and child to visit his parents ?   If so, on what basis did you say yes ?

2 - If you only found out about his visit to Durham after the event, which people did you speak to  in order to arrive at the conclusion that he did nothing wrong ?   Was it only Cummings himself you asked ?

Boris is a master of bluster & buffoonery, but  clearly  goes to extremes to avoid being asked  awkward questions (e.g. making up excuses as to why he couldn't appear on the Andrew Neil program prior to the GE).  The non-Tory media need to up their game now while he's on the ropes and Cummings will just continue to brush it off and act like the arrogant annoying pr*ck he is.

25 minutes ago, micole said:

Ok here's my take on it.

If him and his wife were showing signs of Covid 19 would it be fair to assume his kid may have had a chance of being infected as well. Now going on that assumption why would any rational parent drive 200 odd mile to your elderly parents to leave your child there, also did he have contact with them when he got there. People were saying he was only doing what he thought was best for his family I would argue he was putting other people at risk ie his parents, also being totally irresponsible IMO. Now if I have read this wrong I'm quite sure others on here will set me right.

The narrative all along has been that this is a highly infectious disease and it's not just about you being ok, but what damage and potentially death you can do to others if you have it or at are risk of having it.

Edited by DETTY29

Unknown user
23 minutes ago, Lone Striker said:

Apart from the farcical briefing performance by Boris, why did no-one ask him 2 obvious questions -

1 - Did Cummings ask you or tell you IN ADVANCE that he wanted/needed  to travel to Durham with his wife and child to visit his parents ?   If so, on what basis did you say yes ?

2 - If you only found out about his visit to Durham after the event, which people did you speak to  in order to arrive at the conclusion that he did nothing wrong ?   Was it only Cummings himself you asked ?

Boris is a master of bluster & buffoonery, but  clearly  goes to extremes to avoid being asked  awkward questions (e.g. making up excuses as to why he couldn't appear on the Andrew Neil program prior to the GE).  The non-Tory media need to up their game now while he's on the ropes and Cummings will just continue to brush it off and act like the arrogant annoying pr*ck he is.

20200525_001118.thumb.jpg.ab9642103f363b680c571145e41d9678.jpg

heartstastic
27 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

The narrative all along has been that this is a highly infectious disease and it's not just about you being ok, but what damage and potentially death you can do to others if you have it or at are risk of having it.

Yet it was downgraded on the 19th March and taken off the High Consequence Infectious Disease list on the Goverment's own website.

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/high-consequence-infectious-diseases-hcid

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, weehammy said:

Hysterical stuff. Go and lie down for a bit.

Don’t ever tell me what to do. The people of England who voted him in are gradually seeing through him,most of us have for years. His popularity and that of the UK government is going through the floor, and you’re going on about a women’s high heels when thousands are dying needlessly 👍🏽👏🏾

Pasquale for King

Bolsonaro in trouble, Netanyahu in court, Trump soon to be dumped, BJ and Cummings on their knees. This pandemic has shown up the frauds and highlighted the real leaders, the vast majority of who are women.

22 minutes ago, Jeff said:

Steve Brookstein! aiming high eh?

Ha ha - never heard of the guy so Googled his name. Seems a bit of a twat!

1 minute ago, Boof said:

Ha ha - never heard of the guy so Googled his name. Seems a bit of a twat!

Won the first ever X Factor iirc. Was pretty pish hence his disappearance.

annushorribilis III

Harry Lambert

@harrytlambert

New: Why did Dominic Cummings go to Durham? I spoke to his mother. She told me what no one has yet reported – Cummings’ time in Durham coincided with his uncle’s death. "We have been a grieving family," she says, "there's been no recognition of that.

Fionna O'Leary, 

@fascinatorfun

·

2h

And where did his uncle die? Westminster Hospital. It would be marginally more understandable if they came to London. They didn’t. Because they think they are special.

31 minutes ago, annushorribilis III said:

Harry Lambert

@harrytlambert

New: Why did Dominic Cummings go to Durham? I spoke to his mother. She told me what no one has yet reported – Cummings’ time in Durham coincided with his uncle’s death. "We have been a grieving family," she says, "there's been no recognition of that.

Fionna O'Leary, 

@fascinatorfun

·

2h

And where did his uncle die? Westminster Hospital. It would be marginally more understandable if they came to London. They didn’t. Because they think they are special.

Another hum-dinger that right enough.

“You know, we have been a grieving family,” she continued, “and there’s been no recognition of that, and I wish reporters would be cognisant of that fact.”

Well done Mother Cummings. You’ve just given the entire country another stick to beat across yours sons well deserving arse. 

Another case of “it’s worse for us than it is for you, so we should be allowed to do what we want” 

Honest to god what the **** is going on. Worlds a shambles with or without Covid.

Edited by Squirt

4 hours ago, Realzaragoza said:

He went to live with family when him and wife were ill -  clear enough ?

He was fine. He drove 260 miles. He stopped more than once, during the trip, (possibly endangering the life of others). He took infected people into Old Coffin Dodgers home. He went for a long weekend during isolation. He was part of the Gestapo, who told the English public to stay at home. No-one was allowed to leave the home for 7/14 days if anyone in the home had symptoms, even if they had kids they had to care for. He's a prick. He's a liar. He's Scum. He probably infected others. He probably murdered others by infection. He'll be in jail by next year. He's fecked! 

Jambo 4 Ever
4 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Bolsonaro in trouble, Netanyahu in court, Trump soon to be dumped, BJ and Cummings on their knees. This pandemic has shown up the frauds and highlighted the real leaders, the vast majority of who are women.

Dumped by who?

Jambo 4 Ever
6 hours ago, dobmisterdobster said:

He also has an autistic son.

Caring for vulnerable people is an exceptional circumstance. Especially with children.

Don’t even attempt to defend the twit 

Gavin Williamson gets the short straw and has to defend Johnson/Cummings on TV this morning. Interestingly the form of words he used is that Cummings has assured the prime minister he didn't break the rules. Leaves a wee bit of wriggle room to throw Dom overboard if anything else comes out.

To be fair to him he looked like he'd rather be eating a bowl of cold sick.

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
8 hours ago, Realzaragoza said:

He went to live with family when him and wife were ill -  clear enough ?

He wasn't I'll, there was nothing to stop him caring for the child. He most certainly cannot see into the future, either.

The Mighty Thor
3 minutes ago, fancy a brew said:

Gavin Williamson gets the short straw and has to defend Johnson/Cummings on TV this morning. Interestingly the form of words he used is that Cummings has assured the prime minister he didn't break the rules. Leaves a wee bit of wriggle room to throw Dom overboard if anything else comes out.

To be fair to him he looked like he'd rather be eating a bowl of cold sick.

He assures the prime minister he didn't break the rules. 

He did. They're in black and white. 

Gavin Williamson should have refused to go lie about it even more. No self respect, no bollocks.

The Internet
8 hours ago, Realzaragoza said:

Calderwood went to her holiday house twice and was initially defended by Sturgeon  - Ferguson  thought it was okay to meet up with his lover  - Cummings went for family support .  Leave your party politics behind ?

Just made that up. 

Hopefully the press are in every petrol station from DC's London home to DC's Parents home looking for security footage.

If I lived in England, the lockdown would be out the window. 

10 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

He assures the prime minister he didn't break the rules. 

He did. They're in black and white. 

Gavin Williamson should have refused to go lie about it even more. No self respect, no bollocks.

Yeah, staying on the greasy pole is more important than self respect. But rather than unequivocal support it's kind of like the non apology of "I'm sorry if you feel that..."

Just now, fancy a brew said:

Yeah, staying on the greasy pole is more important than self respect. But rather than unequivocal support it's kind of like the non apology of "I'm sorry if you feel that..."

Must have some serious shit on every member of the Brexit Government for them not to bin an advisor. Devil needs paid.

Can't believe Boris is so thick, he thinks the population won't make him pay for this. The sacrifices people have made on the request of Boris and his advisors and he hits them with this shite.

This will end the Tories.

Edited by ri Alban

I'm sure there's many prisoners believe they didn't break the law.

Louise Minchin is hopeless.

Captain Sausage

Bizarre actions from Boris. Why not sack him and find a sneaky way to rehire him? I think he’s underestimated public dissatisfaction at this and it’ll bit him pretty hard. 

All it takes is a single shred of evidence that he returned to Durham (ANPR, CCTV, someone’s photos?) or that he took a day trip while he was meant to be self isolating, and it’s lights out for Cummings. 

By Johnson standing by him, he’s basically tying himself to this and it’ll drag him down if it explodes. Utterly bizarre, but he’s a ***** so what do you expect. 

Edit - should add, we’ve had both parents working from home full time, with a 2 year old maniac and now a newborn. Wife has all the symptoms of Coronavirus and yet we’d just anchored down and tried to get through it while arseholes like Cummings think their above the rules. I’d love nothing more than to drop my toddler with his grandparents to allow us to recover a bit but it’s not allowed. 

Edited by Captain Sausage

manaliveits105
51 minutes ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

Just made that up. 

No Nicky didn’t sack her Calderwood resigned day after she became aware 

she dithered 

Brighton Jambo
33 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Can't believe Boris is so thick, he thinks the population won't make him pay for this. The sacrifices people have made on the request of Boris and his advisors and he hits them with this shite.

This will end the Tories.

Four years away from a general election I’m not sure about your last statement but there is no doubt he is burning so much political capital in defending the odious little dwarf.  

everyone in the UK has so much pent up frustration right now and this has given us all the perfect place to direct it.  

apparently Cummings is the master of polling and reading the nations mood via data, so he will know what this is doing to the popularity of the party but as he is only in this for himself he won’t do the right thing and resign despite that.  

even the front page of the daily mail is absolutely slaughtering them (saw that on BBC I don’t read Mail!!!).  That says it all.  

The Real Maroonblood
4 minutes ago, Brighton Jambo said:

Four years away from a general election I’m not sure about your last statement but there is no doubt he is burning so much political capital in defending the odious little dwarf.  

everyone in the UK has so much pent up frustration right now and this has given us all the perfect place to direct it.  

apparently Cummings is the master of polling and reading the nations mood via data, so he will know what this is doing to the popularity of the party but as he is only in this for himself he won’t do the right thing and resign despite that.  

even the front page of the daily mail is absolutely slaughtering them (saw that on BBC I don’t read Mail!!!).  That says it all.  

Although I didn’t agree with their politics. 
I heard Heseltine and Rifkind yesterday and at least they were real politicians.

Jambo-Jimbo

Can see it being complete carnage out there today, a bank holiday the sun is out and it's going to be warm, I could see a lot more people just saying feck it and just do what they want now. 

Police are going to have a nightmare time now and I wish I'd get a pound everytime they get told that if he (Cummings) can do what he wants then so can we.

IMO the government are in serious danger of losing the public now.

Realzaragoza
1 hour ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

Just made that up. 

She kept telling every reporter at the daily briefing that Calderwood was too important to get rid off.

7 minutes ago, Brighton Jambo said:

Vote of no confidence will shorten that 4 years, bud. And there are many Conservative MPs who are not happy with this and would be happy enough to bring down Boris and his Cabinet of psychos.

2 minutes ago, Realzaragoza said:

She kept telling every reporter at the daily briefing that Calderwood was too important to get rid off.

She didn't defend what she did, tho, did she.

The Real Maroonblood
Just now, ri Alban said:

She didn't defend what she did, tho, did she.

You’re wasting your time with the troll.

Just now, The Real Maroonblood said:

You’re wasting your time with the troll.

Who is it. I don't know how to search previous names, but I've read it all before.

The Mighty Thor
1 minute ago, Realzaragoza said:

Losing a key scientific/medical advisor in a time of crisis is pretty important however the correct decision was taken.

It's comparing apples and pears though as Cummings is not a scientific or medical advisor. He's a spin doctor/media manipulator. Removing him might actually focus the mind of this shambolic government on getting the country out of this crisis rather than frantically covering up their **** ups with fudged numbers and dead cats galore.

The Real Maroonblood
3 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Who is it. I don't know how to search previous names, but I've read it all before.

The person has a new account.

The pish is familiar.

Sooperstar

An account that has been dormant for 5 years then suddenly becomes active. And on almost exclusively political topics. Definitely someone's 2and account.

Smallest post count I have ever put on ignore.

1 minute ago, Lord BJ said:

I have found myself slight amused looking at the media and particulary the photographers, outside Cummings house. They ain’t social distancing that’s for sure😂

Despite many hopes their is now way this brings this government down. It has a massive majority and we are in time of national crisis.

Even if the furore continues, it won’t damage the tories much overall. Worst happens they have to buckle and sack him. The story then goes away and tories continue doing what tories do. 

As an aside I think he should go. Though I think perhaps more based on my dislike of him than as a result of the offense. 

You agree with him, don't you. A fellow denier. 

Just now, Sooperstar said:

An account that has been dormant for 5 years then suddenly becomes active. And on almost exclusively political topics. Definitely someone's 2and account.

Smallest post count I have ever put on ignore.

A boy living in Spain hasn't posted for a while. Coincidence with the name?

Unknown user
4 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

I have found myself slight amused looking at the media and particulary the photographers, outside Cummings house. They ain’t social distancing that’s for sure😂

Despite many hopes their is now way this brings this government down. It has a massive majority and we are in time of national crisis.

Even if the furore continues, it won’t damage the tories much overall. Worst happens they have to buckle and sack him. The story then goes away and tories continue doing what tories do. 

As an aside I think he should go. Though I think perhaps more based on my dislike of him than as a result of the offense. 

They weren't, I was quite surprised myself, but I suppose that's the problem - what can anyone say to them if he can drive 260 miles and back, at least once, while meant to be in self isolation? Who do the rules apply to?

If a father's instinct is justification, isn't reporting the national interest?

He absolutely has to go or they've ****ed the gig, everyone in the country has justification now if he can get away with it.

7 minutes ago, Realzaragoza said:

Did Cummings break the rules though ? And who's cutting Sturgeons hair ? 

Its been reported she is doing it herself via a zoom hairdresser and if you look it up, you will find the info.

Some dafty on the reconstruction thread noticed her hair had changed colour too.

Woman in colouring her own hair shock.

Christ I know a few guys my age whose grey hinta are miraculously disappearing and continue to do so during lockdown.

Even blokes can dye their own hair, at home too.

The Real Maroonblood
1 minute ago, DETTY29 said:

Its been reported she is doing it herself via a zoom hairdresser and if you look it up, you will find the info.

Some dafty on the reconstruction thread noticed her hair had changed colour too.

Woman in colouring her own hair shock.

Christ I know a few guys my age whose grey hinta are miraculously disappearing and continue to do so during lockdown.

Even blokes can dye their own hair, at home too.

I’m jealous of anyone with hair.

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )
  • JKBMod 12 featured, locked, unlocked and unfeatured this topic