Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )

CJGJ

The Mighty Thor

This is like the script ideas for 'The Thick Of It' that Armando Iannucci rejected for being too far fetched. 

• Replies 107.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 minute ago, heartandsoul said:

I am not a SNP supporter but by god I would rather have Sturgeon in charge of my country than Boris.

The already more confused message in England just got a lot more muddled.

15 minutes ago, graygo said:

Tell you what though, feck the rules, following your instinct is the new message. 

The weathers to be nice this week.

gashauskis9

Feel for JKB posters who live down south.  We only have to listen to his shite from a distance, but you lot have to try and put it into practice and make sense of it.

Spellczech
10 minutes ago, heartandsoul said:

I am not a SNP supporter but by god I would rather have Sturgeon in charge of my country than Boris.

I honestly thought they were joking when people mentioned Johnson as a future PM after the Olympics...Never thought the UK public could be so stupid. But then Labour took that plunge to the left and suddenly it wasn't impossible.

30 minutes ago, Squirt said:

Deleted already 😂

Think someone will be getting their P45 pretty sharpish. 

It was instinctual. 

3 minutes ago, Sarah O said:

It was instinctual. 

To be fair the tweet was honest, legal and done by the poster following his instinct.

Case dismissed.

Jambo-Jimbo
51 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Just got a feeling.

I don't know how but I'll wager the fall out from failures over Covid 19 will be devastating. 

I'd wager you'll be right, heads will roll, of that I have little doubts, the question is, will it be the correct heads.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
3 minutes ago, graygo said:

To be fair the tweet was honest, legal and done by the poster following his instinct.

Case dismissed.

Today’s press conference was so embarrassing it’s not true. And incredibly, this bunch absolutely annihilated Corbyn who must go down in history as one of the human race’s all time greatest losers.

Politicians have rarely been more inept or out of their depth IMO. There isn’t a shred of talent or ability in the Tory party. And spare me the praise for Sturgeon, she’s a no-mark too.

Just now, Jambos1983 said:

Absolutely staggering 14m people voted for this

Aye but he got Brexit done.....🤷‍♂️, if he handles Brexit the way he has handled Covid 19 outbreak, we really are in for a jolly time...🥴🥴

SwindonJambo
26 minutes ago, gashauskis9 said:

Feel for JKB posters who live down south.  We only have to listen to his shite from a distance, but you lot have to try and put it into practice and make sense of it.

Yep. I'm 75 miles from him. He's a complete bumbling oaf. I struggle to listen to him.

Jambos1983
1 minute ago, micole said:

Aye but he got Brexit done.....🤷‍♂️, if he handles Brexit the way he has handled Covid 19 outbreak, we really are in for a jolly time...🥴🥴

Christ. I'd nearly forgotten about Brexit 🤦‍♂️

Just seen the clip of him leaving number 10 an hour ago 

window down not giving a shit, all that was missing was him sticking his fingers up to the media 

The Internet
9 minutes ago, jambogaza said:

They hope this will quietly disappear. It won't. This scandal will go on.

Probably not though. If they just brush it off long enough folk will get bored. Far bigger scandals than this have been swept away. 

vegas-voss
17 minutes ago, Jambos1983 said:

Absolutely staggering 14m people voted for this

It's all very American elections in Britain now.They are basically smear campaigns that donuts by into.Of course you will always have the Tory look after thyself voter and **** the rest.Country needs a good left of centre opposition.

1 hour ago, Barack said:

25k retweets...too late...

:pleasing:

Fell on their sword whoever did that. Sunday drinking! 

:lol:

Sky have got hold of it. :pleasing:

4 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

It's all very American elections in Britain now.They are basically smear campaigns that donuts by into.Of course you will always have the Tory look after thyself voter and **** the rest.Country needs a good left of centre opposition.

That's the last thing the country needs.

Unknown user
18 minutes ago, jambogaza said:

They hope this will quietly disappear. It won't. This scandal will go on.

I agree, I think they've seriously misjudged the mood.

SwindonJambo
10 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

Keir Starmer's working on it. His 2 predecessors were ineffectual but I think the Tories will find KS a very different kettle of fish. He effortlessly tears up Boris for toilet paper at PMQs every week. But he needs to do much more than that. If he can deal with the extreme elements of his party (and it's a big ask)  and make it  more Centre Left as opposed to 'Left' then he may pick up support from some disillusioned Tories.

Edited by SwindonJambo

AlimOzturk

I am not convinced this will go away. They will mention this in every briefing question until Cummings is sacked. The mood isn't great over this mess up

No real surprise Boris bottled it.....too many secrets to be told

He may well pay a heavy price putting his neck on the line for a ****

The avoidance of answering a straight question simply makes it obvious there is more to this

I notice there is a lack of the tory supporters on this topic to avoid having to defend them on this issue which is clear for the vast majority of the population bar Boris and his clique

His advisor lied and sue me Cummings ...I will look forward to seeing you in court as will the country

MoncurMacdonaldMercer

Lockdown has served its purpose - while boris needs some compliance from the public its no where near the level he needed weeks ago hence he’s trying to ride it out 

probably a joke but those talking about forgetting about guidelines etc -don’t put yourself at risk you can bet Cummings didn’t 

dobmisterdobster
7 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

No real surprise Boris bottled it.....too many secrets to be told

He may well pay a heavy price putting his neck on the line for a ****

The avoidance of answering a straight question simply makes it obvious there is more to this

I notice there is a lack of the tory supporters on this topic to avoid having to defend them on this issue which is clear for the vast majority of the population bar Boris and his clique

His advisor lied and sue me Cummings ...I will look forward to seeing you in court as will the country

You mean he refused to give the baying mob their pound of flesh?

The media are furious that their hatchet job has failed.

Look how crestfallen they were during the briefing. They have completely Hibsed this up.

Reading between the lines Sky News have confirmed today to the witness that the car registration number he recorded at the castle in Durham is used by Dominic Cummings.

Just now, dobmisterdobster said:

Look how crestfallen they were during the briefing. They have completely Hibsed this up.

Love the desperation in your post.....I always assume the best of our fans and normally you'd think there is another side to this if a poster is commentating on an issue.  

But not this time and it seems you are sinking with Boris and co....well done though for going down with the sinking ship

Truly you cannot think this is going to go away....time and time in history we see the initial support phase shortly followed by the oh no this is not going away and to save the dear leader it's bye bye.

6 minutes ago, dobmisterdobster said:

Yeah. Baying mob.

How long until Starmer tables a no confidence motion?

Hard not to politicise this thread anymore given what we're seeing from Boris and his chums, with the mainstream Tory party happily going along with it.

SectionDJambo
37 minutes ago, micole said:

He will though.

He’s done little but talk about Covid 19. Not much action in the way of getting the NHS staff the equipment they desperately needed. Sending infected elderly people from hospital into care homes, to make room in the underfunded hospitals, that he said were “fully prepared”. The invisible man when the awkward questions surface.
He’ll do the same with Brexit. Cummings will tell him to blame Johnny Foreigner, and keep his head down when the pesky press ask what’s going on. 
He’ll send out the “B” team of Raab etc., to take the heat.

He wants to be Prime Minister but doesn’t know how to do it, without Cummings.

vegas-voss
12 minutes ago, dobmisterdobster said:

**** me you are fantastic in you're unwavering support of this goverment.

5 minutes ago, SectionDJambo said:

He will though.

He’s done little but talk about Covid 19. Not much action in the way of getting the NHS staff the equipment they desperately needed. Sending infected elderly people from hospital into care homes, to make room in the underfunded hospitals, that he said were “fully prepared”. The invisible man when the awkward questions surface.
He’ll do the same with Brexit. Cummings will tell him to blame Johnny Foreigner, and keep his head down when the pesky press ask what’s going on. 
He’ll send out the “B” team of Raab etc., to take the heat.

He wants to be Prime Minister but doesn’t know how to do it, without Cummings.

Cummings reportedly was one of the main people arguing for lockdown in the end.

I don't think there can be any hiding place from the Government's failures. They showed zero urgency for over 6 weeks when they needed to shut down. They let the virus in by not stopping flights. 

Can't see the Government surviving when it all comes out. Stopping it coming out is the best plan. Delay. 

DALLY JAMBO
3 minutes ago, jake said:

😄

At least Blackford's fat face might explode tomorrow. Missed the HIBS bit out of his fat face

Sooperstar
21 minutes ago, dobmisterdobster said:

I'm going to be nice and say that you are a clown.

dobmisterdobster
2 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

I'm going to be nice and say that you are a clown.

Thanks

Unknown user
24 minutes ago, dobmisterdobster said:

🤣 beyond parody!

SectionDJambo
6 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Cummings reportedly was one of the main people arguing for lockdown in the end.

I don't think there can be any hiding place from the Government's failures. They showed zero urgency for over 6 weeks when they needed to shut down. They let the virus in by not stopping flights. 

Can't see the Government surviving when it all comes out. Stopping it coming out is the best plan. Delay. 

New Zealand and Australia, both islands, like us, took action quickly and gained massive benefit compared to the U.K..

The U.K. government were shown what was happening in Italy, and didn’t pay attention, had a false sense of readiness, or were prepared to lose lives for herd immunity.

History will judge them.

dobmisterdobster
22 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

**** me you are fantastic in you're unwavering support of this goverment.

I do not support trial by media and the scenes of people going to his house harassing him and his son are tragic.

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )
  • JKBMod 12 featured, locked, unlocked and unfeatured this topic