Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )

CJGJ

2 hours ago, Taffin said:

Really good news that proper UK scientists and experts look to now be confirming what those amateurs in SA said...

Hopefully will mean no additional restrictions to come now from the UK government, and fair play to them if so for not over egging the pudding in panic. 

On radio 4 today program this morning the 'expert scientists' were still saying that we need a few more weeks of data and that we should be hiding under our beds in the meantime to protect the NHS.

In my naivety I thought we paid a colossal amount in tax so that the NHS could serve us and not the other way around.

• Replies 107.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

51 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

I can’t see anything online about Scottish nightclubs ? 

They are getting closed via the back door. Nightclubs can’t really operated under the new restrictions so they are having to close the doors or face a loss making 3 weeks. 

41 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

Everyone has a right to be disappointed over the health performance and the handling of the pandemic. Not sure why thats unique to unionists or why they would be angry about it🤷🏻‍♂️ I would have thought a unionist primary concern would be the union., whilst they have whilst nationalist is independence which they don’t have.  Though I’ll blow to your superior psychic ability to know who angry by, you telling them they are😂

Best to agree to disagree I suspect. The constant yes/no pish on this thread is tedious as for the vast majority of non fanatics. My comments were genuinely in attempt to raise the quality of debate here. 👍

Anyway quick question downloading games for the boys Christmas. Is it worth getting the ultimate addition of latest COD or am I being suckered by my boy. Also any quest two recomendations appreciated👍

Ultimate edition. 👍 But yeah you are being suckered. 😂

33 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Usual blind froth.

These kinds of measures are always to introduce a level of suppression in order to contribute to the overall situation.  Nobody ever says or thinks that introducing measures is some kind of complete solution.  

It's 3 weeks ffs.  Nightclubs are easily profiled and limited in number.  The financial support is there.  They even have the option of converting to a table service bar if they choose to do so.

Come on Vic, you are smarter than that.

5 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Come on Vic, you are smarter than that.

A lot of the conditions differ from previous times.  Very confident that these measures are temporary as stated.  

The Real Maroonblood
1 minute ago, Victorian said:

Spain to introduce mandatory outdoor mask wearing.  

:rofl:

Come on Nippoleon,  just for the catastrophic seethe... 

Just now, Victorian said:

A couple of my pals are in spain just now, they'll be loving that. :lol:

kulr739o_sunbathing-with-mask_625x300_08

4 minutes ago, Victorian said:

A lot of the conditions differ from previous times.  Very confident that these measures are temporary as stated.  

You really are a government's wet dream.

http://www.onextrapixel.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/hook.jpg

fishing hook sinker 3d model

You probably believe it will also be the last of them too.

Edited by i8hibsh

1 minute ago, Victorian said:

Yeah sure.  Come back at the end of the time of these measures and we'll revisit.  ;)

Even if it is 3 weeks which I highly doubt, it will just be temporary till the next one.

Remember the '2 weeks circuit' breaker that lasted 5 months?

The Mighty Thor
10 minutes ago, Victorian said:

:arry:

When people start getting bored/wiser to the Omicron bollocks they will just start giving another variant column inches rinse and repeat ad nauseum.

Two ****ing years Vic! 2 ****ing years!

12 minutes ago, Victorian said:

I am not surprised you find it all so funny and exciting.

Just now, i8hibsh said:

Mandatory outdoor mask wearing is pretty funny to be honest.

Well, unless you're Spanish 😂😂

Nucky Thompson
12 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Did you read about it Vic?

They have brought the rule in with exemptions which makes it absolutely the same as before :lol:

19 minutes ago, Dazo said:

They are getting closed via the back door. Nightclubs can’t really operated under the new restrictions so they are having to close the doors or face a loss making 3 weeks. 

Ok 

8 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

You really are a government's wet dream.

http://www.onextrapixel.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/hook.jpg

fishing hook sinker 3d model

You probably believe it will also be the last of them too.

It’s tragic . He’s blindly faithful to them. No matter what 

6 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Yeah sure.  Come back at the end of the time of these measures and we'll revisit.  ;)

Yes well it’s nearly 4 weeks since the Tusnami  prediction which ofcourse you supported whole heartedly .  However I think there will be a teal

backlash if Elsie keeps the restrictions going after the 3 weeks so she may relent . Still appalling and unnecessary. 

3 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

I know . It’s peoples lives . He just views everything through so called scientific data , without any concern about the societal impact . Very harsh outlook . 

7 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

When people start getting bored/wiser to the Omicron bollocks they will just start giving another variant column inches rinse and repeat ad nauseum.

Two ****ing years Vic! 2 ****ing years!

He’s predicting it will go on for 2/3 years more and is resigned to that . 

Just now, Taffin said:

Absurd yes, funny no.

If someone had come from the future and told me about this madness a few years ago I would never in a billion years have believed it.  Everyday we get trolled that little bit more.  Governments now know just how far they can go with people nodding their heads hook line and sinker.  It is game over.

I am utterly embarrassed for anyone who still believes in all this.  Moronic Orbits!

Ronnie Corbett - IMDb

Just now, JamesM48 said:

He’s predicting it will go on for 2/3 years more and is resigned to that . 

He will be gutted if it ever does come to a complete end.

2 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

I know . It’s peoples lives . He just views everything through so called scientific data , without any concern about the societal impact . Very harsh outlook . 

I care more about the 99.97% These people care more about the 0.03%.

Not surprised as the left are all about the minority.

Nucky Thompson
2 minutes ago, Taffin said:

It's merely a paper exercise. You don't have to wear them on beaches, out exercising, with you're own family, with strangers more than 1.5m away from you.

Same as before 

manaliveits105
8 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Did you read about it Vic?

They have brought the rule in with exemptions which makes it absolutely the same as before :lol:

Will be there for New Year - it’s no hardship as it’s not summer heat 

and if you wear trainers and walk from bar to bar  fast you can pretend you are exercising 

4 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

He will be gutted if it ever does come to a complete end.

I think so 

2 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

I care more about the 99.97% These people care more about the 0.03%.

Not surprised as the left are all about the minority.

The vast majority havE bent over backwards for the small minority . That’s it now . They have been triple vaccinated and can shield if they wish . Let the vast majority get on with life . I’m immune suppressed and “ at risk “ but want us all to just get on with things . Most people do apart from the fervent Elsie zealots . 

1 minute ago, JamesM48 said:

I think so 

The vast majority havE bent over backwards for the small minority . That’s it now . They have been triple vaccinated and can shield if they wish . Let the vast majority get on with life . I’m immune suppressed and “ at risk “ but want us all to just get on with things . Most people do apart from the fervent Elsie zealots . 

What is clear as the vaccination rollout was pointless.  I had both mine but not to save the world, I wanted to go on holiday.  We are no further forward - we really aren't. 

Why, when 95% are double dosed and people are getting boosters at staggering rates are we still so helpless?

If people wish to wfh, live in fear, stay indoors that is up to them but why are these ***** less liberating with those that wish to live freely? What the **** has it got to do with them?

I have nothing but hatred now for the followers.

Nucky Thompson
6 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

Will be there for New Year - it’s no hardship as it’s not summer heat 

and if you wear trainers and walk from bar to bar  fast you can pretend you are exercising 

Where are you off to?

I'm going to Lanzarote in February 

7 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

What is clear as the vaccination rollout was pointless.  I had both mine but not to save the world, I wanted to go on holiday.  We are no further forward - we really aren't. 

Why, when 95% are double dosed and people are getting boosters at staggering rates are we still so helpless?

If people wish to wfh, live in fear, stay indoors that is up to them but why are these ***** less liberating with those that wish to live freely? What the **** has it got to do with them?

👍

3 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

bigwave.jpg

These are the only stats that matter . There would need to be a massive spike in them to get me shitting my breeks 

B0AA7600-58BF-49BA-BD43-C35ED0B747E4.jpeg

Brighton Jambo
1 hour ago, Victorian said:

Usual blind froth.

These kinds of measures are always to introduce a level of suppression in order to contribute to the overall situation.  Nobody ever says or thinks that introducing measures is some kind of complete solution.  

It's 3 weeks ffs.  Nightclubs are easily profiled and limited in number.  The financial support is there.  They even have the option of converting to a table service bar if they choose to do so.

And the patronising post of the week award goes to you.  Thanks for helping us understand why things might be shut, after 18 months we had missed it.

The point you have missed is firstly why wasn’t this announced the other day in line with other restrictions and secondly why do it on the day that reports are to confirm Omicron isn’t as severe as first thought.  

I am sure all those young people looking forward to their Hogmanay night out will be reassured by your tabled cafe idea.  

Also, where do you think all those young people will go now.  Stay home or to each other’s houses with no rules, controls or vaccine passports.  It makes absolutely no sense.

More politics and nothing more.  

2 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

These are the only stats that matter . There would need to be a massive spike in them to get me shitting my breeks 

The cases at the top there are shown in the graph I posted.

A "tsunami of infections" is what was predicted. It's right here already.

The Mighty Thor
17 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

In the pantheon of utter shite that you post that's a doozy. 

:kirk:

1 minute ago, Brighton Jambo said:

And the patronising post of the week award goes to you.  Thanks for helping us understand why things might be shut, after 18 months we had missed it.

The point you have missed is firstly why wasn’t this announced the other day in line with other restrictions and secondly why do it on the day that reports are to confirm Omicron isn’t as severe as first thought.  

I am sure all those young people looking forward to their Hogmanay night out will be reassured by your tabled cafe idea.  

Also, where do you think all those young people will go now.  Stay home or to each other’s houses with no rules, controls or vaccine passports.  It makes absolutely no sense.

It's just what I said.  Another contributing measure to flatten the peak on hospitalisations.  One measure among others to slow down the wave.  Nothing is a solution in isolation.  

**** all to do with politics.  

17 minutes ago, Brighton Jambo said:

Very well said 👍

16 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

The cases at the top there are shown in the graph I posted.

A "tsunami of infections" is what was predicted. It's right here already.

Hospitals “ overwhelmed “ ? Deaths worryingly high ? ICU ? 

18 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

The tsunami stuff is quite interesting, after a discussion last night I went off and read about them.

Until now you could feasibly argue that the graph of Omicron does look like that of a Tsunami. Fast and little in build up to a big crescendo. The question now is of course how long that wave lasts before disappearing of its own volition, and then how long until the next peak.

**** all to do with politics. It is just a coincidence that the Sturgeon die hards support her every action throughout and those 'for' all this madness seem to be mainly on the left.

Absolutely EVERYTHING is political nowadays. 

1 minute ago, JamesM48 said:

Hospitals “ overwhelmed “ ? Deaths worryingly high ? ICU ? 

He didn't ask any of those things. He asked where the tsunami was.

1 minute ago, Ray Gin said:

He didn't ask any of those things. He asked where the tsunami was.

You know as well as I do why she used that term . She wanted to conflate it with not only infections but deaths . Scare the deck out of people . Well she didn’t scare me or any other people not enthralled by her every statement 

3 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

**** all to do with politics. It is just a coincidence that the Sturgeon die hards support her every action throughout and those 'for' all this madness seem to be mainly on the left.

Yes there is a direct correlation between them . Glad I did  I saw sense mid wat though last year when I began to realise it was all a crock of shit and fell out of like with Elsie . Cant even believe I was that dim to

even support her ! Jezz 

Just now, JamesM48 said:

Yes there is a direct correlation between them . Glad I did  I saw sense mid wat though last year when I began to realise it was all a crock of shit and fell out of like with Elsie . Cant even believe I was that dim to

even support her ! Jezz 

I was a communist for a brief spell in my past

:vrface:

1 minute ago, i8hibsh said:

Only because you are making it political.  It's the default position of the hysterical seethers.  The myopic seethe of first and last resort for people already pre-disposed to making everything political.  Tedious stuff.

Konrad von Carstein
1 minute ago, i8hibsh said:

I was a communist for a brief spell in my past

:vrface:

What is your definition of the Left/Lefties?

Just so I know when your barking on about them...

42 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Oh, stop being such a drama queen.  Stealing knickers from washing lines is an outdoor activity.  So what's your problem?  ::troll::

12 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

You know as well as I do why she used that term . She wanted to conflate it with not only infections but deaths . Scare the deck out of people . Well she didn’t scare me or any other people not enthralled by her every statement 

She said tsunami of infections.

She has been proven to be correct.

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )