Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )

CJGJ

1 minute ago, NANOJAMBO said:

"A tidal wave is just a Tsunami with a union jack on it.".

Fortunately Brittania rules the waves, so we'll all be fine.

• Replies 107.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So Javid was doing the rounds this morning warning about this new Omricon variant and said 10 people, yes 10 people were in hospital with or because of Omricon we are not sure because again no one has qualified if it was because or with. I also got the distinct feel that whilst he said he wasn’t aware of anyone dying of Omricon he was willing it to be so. 
I also listened to some South African professor over the weekend  saying that the symptoms were mild in most people who had it.

Then last night up pops Johnson stirring the population to frenzy warning of a tidal wave and pleading for everyone to get a booster doze. 
Now I believe this virus exist and have have my 3 doses and followed the rules as best I could. However the cynic in me wonder if Johnson and his motley crew are using this for their own ends, visa vie deflect from the government wows of parting whilst we are following their instructions and thieving tax payers money. 
surely they wouldn’t be so cynical. 

edit: Just heard on Sky News South Africa are saying this wave is manageable. Very very few people on ventilators. It is more like flu and most people are managing it at home.

Edited by Boy Daniel

12 minutes ago, highlandjambo3 said:

I get a bit confused with the booster uptake thing……I’m mid 50’s, got my second jab 6 months ago but, our nhs online info says my GP practice will contact me to get my booster.  Then the guidelines via tv news say I should go and get my booster now, so the online portal booking system says no appointments at any of the centres near me and, that’s looking as far as the end of January 22……wait? Call someone? I sent an e mail but no reply.

It's been the case for weeks that you don't have to wait for a GP appointment.

I'm not surprised you can't get an appointment now - back in early November I had to wait 4 weeks for an apppointment so I'd imagine everywhere will be fully booked now or very shortly. There just isn't the capacity in the system to deliver this. 

Nucky Thompson
3 minutes ago, Boy Daniel said:

Now I believe this virus exist and have have my 3 doses and followed the rules as best I could. However the cynic in me wonder if Johnson and his motley crew are using this for their own ends, visa vie deflect from the government wows of parting whilst we are following their instructions and thieving tax payers money. 

This would probably be true apart from Sturgeon and her motley crew are doing the same thing.

I suppose they've got missing funds to deflect from as well

4 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

My hatred, disrespect and anger has exploded 100 fold during this scamdemic and teachers are top of my list for losing all respect for.

As a father of a school teacher who gave up her holidays last year, had to run a "normal" classroom while creating , managing & monitoring online classes/content while also doing personal 1-2-1 calls with kids in evenings AND cover for sick/absent colleagues that's some piece of ignorance right there,  even by your "standards. 

"Hatred , disrespect, anger" - for people about whom you know absolutely zilch. Wow. 

Dennis Denuto
6 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

My hatred, disrespect and anger has exploded 100 fold during this scamdemic and teachers are top of my list for losing all respect for.

I am not a teacher, but this post is completely mental, teachers have put up with extraordinary difficulties in this pandemic while trying to continue to educate children. There has been crap talked by teaching unions and there are always crap teachers but the councils education departments and teachers have been excellent in trying to keep things going.  As have many other professions and workers

7 minutes ago, Boy Daniel said:

So Javid was doing the rounds this morning warning about this new Omricon variant and said 10 people, yes 10 people were in hospital with or because of Omricon we are not sure because again no one has qualified if it was because or with. I also got the distinct feel that whilst he said he wasn’t aware of anyone dying of Omricon he was willing it to be so. 
I also listened to some South African professor over the weekend  saying that the symptoms were mild in most people who had it.

Then last night up pops Johnson stirring the population to frenzy warning of a tidal wave and pleading for everyone to get a booster doze. 

Agreed 

1 hour ago, jonesy said:

Just as well I resigned as a teacher last month 😽

What led to that decision if you don’t mind me asking? I moved on from the classroom five years ago.

9 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

"A tidal wave is just a Tsunami with a union jack on it.".

:jjyay:

7 minutes ago, Taffin said:

Fortunately Brittania rules the waves, so we'll all be fine.

:touche:

Dennis Denuto

As a father of a school teacher who gave up her holidays last year, had to run a "normal" classroom while creating , managing & monitoring online classes/content while also doing personal 1-2-1 calls with kids in evenings AND cover for sick/absent colleagues that's some piece of ignorance right there,  even by your "standards. 

"Hatred , disrespect, anger" - for people about whom you know absolutely zilch. Wow. 

👏

Don’t even engage with him. He hasn't got a clue on most things and clearly has no idea what school staff at the coal face have been through over the past two years.

3 minutes ago, Alex Kintner said:

Don’t even engage with him. He hasn't got a clue on most things and clearly has no idea what school staff at the coal face have been through over the past two years.

Kin ell.

Teachers at the coal face, no wonder you packed it in.

7 minutes ago, Boy Daniel said:

Agreed 

4 minutes ago, Alex Kintner said:

I'm not normally bothered by his drivel but that particular post is disgusting. 

2 minutes ago, Bull's-eye said:

Kin ell.

Yep it wasn’t all singsongs and crayons, sometimes things got a bit sooty.

menu-sooty.png

3 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

I used to go out with and live with a teacher but as I am not one, just like yourself I know little about being a teacher.  I know enough however to know they just do not stop complaining.  Always about how hard they have it - I am ****ing sick of it.  

Most of the world is over worked and underpaid but most do not get 10 + weeks holidays a year and weekends off.  Most do not get a fraction of the pension they receive also.  Yes, teachers do a good job but that is their ****ing job.  They always seem to be expecting medals.

If they don't like it then they can ****ing quit and get another job.  Everything you list Nano i.e creating coursework, doing 1-2-1 calls, covering for sick colleagues - this is all pretty standard in most working environments, it certainly is in mine.

Working on scaffolding in mid winter - that is a gruelling job.  Sitting in a warm classroom with a bunch of rugrats is not.

highlandjambo3
29 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

I thought I read something last night about BJ mobilising the army (again) with up to forty teams of some kind being mentioned but no real detail (no surprise there). 

Given the lack of personnel (and lack of vax centres , in my locale) , schools breaking up end of this week and the fact people are literally having to take a half day off work because of long queues , I don't see any targets being met. 

Not COVID related but this is very bad for the military…………..

There can be some misconception that there are tens of thousands of soldiers* all sitting about doing nothing, that’s wrong.  During my time (when the army* was much bigger) my unit took part in many civil operations like ambulance/fire service strikes, floods etc…….and, the stuff soldiers were supposed to be doing was put on hold, things like training for specific events like overseas operations.  Big on the list is specific career courses needed to attend and pass to qualify for the next promotion…..it really is a busy environment…….e.g Some corporal due to go on a career course to be promoted soon is now out boosting COVID operations (as he/she was most of the year), the course was cancelled last year due to COVID so, his/her promotion is now almost 2 years over due, they may well be married with children and the kids are wondering why their dad/mum is away again, that could be a quitting point.   I did an HR job in the Army for about 15 months, I had to report to the commanding officer regularly and, at a 12 month point I reported an intake in our unit  of 96 newly trained soldiers but, a discharge (loss) of 97 soldiers either end of full career or termination of contract.  I cannot recall on my full service of ever being in a fully manned unit.  I can absolutely guarantee you that moral will be extremely low……..

It’s important we capitalise on our resources to combat this threat but, I Just thought I put that out there just so you know.

* I include navy/RAFas well.

6 minutes ago, Bull's-eye said:

Kin ell.

618170E5-FC50-4FE1-AC65-BD842476B4B2.gif

15 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

Sounds like she has been exaggerating her working life. Not like a teacher mind. Gave up her holidays 😂😂😂

2 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

I used to go out with and live with a teacher but as I am not one, just like yourself I know little about being a teacher.  I know enough however to know they just do not stop complaining.  Always about how hard they have it - I am ****ing sick of it.  

Most of the world is over worked and underpaid but most do not get 10 + weeks holidays a year and weekends off.  Most do not get a fraction of the pension they receive also.  Yes, teachers do a good job but that is their ****ing job.  They always seem to be expecting medals.

If they don't like it then they can ****ing quit and get another job.  Everything you list Nano i.e creating coursework, doing 1-2-1 calls, covering for sick colleagues - this is all pretty standard in most working environments, it certainly is in mine.

Working on scaffolding in mid winter - that is a gruelling job.  Sitting in a warm classroom with a bunch of rugrats is not.

I can only say from second hand experience but some of my niece's and nephews have been underwhelmed to say the least about the teaching and support “ provided “ by some schools during lockdowns . 

17 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

This would probably be true apart from Sturgeon and her motley crew are doing the same thing.

I suppose they've got missing funds to deflect from as well

Jesus ****ing Christ 

4 minutes ago, highlandjambo3 said:

Not COVID related but this is very bad for the military…………..

There can be some misconception that there are tens of thousands of soldiers* all sitting about doing nothing, that’s wrong.  During my time (when the army* was much bigger) my unit took part in many civil operations like ambulance/fire service strikes, floods etc…….and, the stuff soldiers were supposed to be doing was put on hold, things like training for specific events like overseas operations.  Big on the list is specific career courses needed to attend and pass to qualify for the next promotion…..it really is a busy environment…….e.g Some corporal due to go on a career course to be promoted soon is now out boosting COVID operations (as he/she was most of the year), the course was cancelled last year due to COVID so, his/her promotion is now almost 2 years over due, they may well be married with children and the kids are wondering why their dad/mum is away again, that could be a quitting point.   I did an HR job in the Army for about 15 months, I had to report to the commanding officer regularly and, at a 12 month point I reported an intake in our unit  of 96 newly trained soldiers but, a discharge (loss) of 97 soldiers either end of full career or termination of contract.  I cannot recall on my full service of ever being in a fully manned unit.  I can absolutely guarantee you that moral will be extremely low……..

It’s important we capitalise on our resources to combat this threat but, I Just thought I put that out there just so you know.

* I include navy/RAFas well.

Oh completely agree . Im fed up getting my jags from a middle aged wifey ! Where’s the strapping Irish ginger squaddies about 😂😂

2 minutes ago, Dazo said:

Sounds like she has been exaggerating her working life. Not like a teacher mind. Gave up her holidays 😂😂😂

Factoring in furlough, I am saying that most if not all had some serious downtime last year.

Hard work, risk, long hours, stress, deadlines and helping others are not exclusive to teaching.

Exactly . 

Dennis Denuto
Just now, i8hibsh said:

Hard work, risk, long hours, stress, deadlines and helping others are not exclusive to teaching.

So because other jobs are difficult we must hate teachers?? 

2 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

I can only say from second hand experience but some of my niece's and nephews have been underwhelmed to say the least about the teaching and support “ provided “ by some schools during lockdowns . 

I bet their parents were all glad when the schools opened up again though and teachers went back to work in busy classrooms.

9 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

I got as far as "they just do not stop complaining." 

Anyone beat that? 

1 minute ago, Dennis Denuto said:

I bet their parents were all glad when the schools opened up again though and teachers went back to work in busy classrooms.

Yes just like everyone else who went back to work too . What’s the point ? 

Where teachers have lost my respect was that we are all in this nonsense together, we are all (well the Joe Schmoes anyway) getting shafted but teachers are just constantly wanting shout outs.

Dennis Denuto

Factoring in furlough, I am saying that most if not all had some serious downtime last year.

When were teachers on furlough? You have no idea what you are talking about and could not be more wrong.

1 minute ago, Dennis Denuto said:

At no stage did I make this point.

Dennis Denuto
1 minute ago, i8hibsh said:

Where teachers have lost my respect was that we are all in this nonsense together, we are all (well the Joe Schmoes anyway) getting shafted but teachers are just constantly wanting shout outs.

Where are you getting this from?? What teachers are wanting shout outs?

The Mighty Thor
1 hour ago, theshed said:

Humza yousaf said they are going to announce new restrictions for us Tom at parliament as our nhs could be overwhelmed 

Lets have a guess on what they are going to do now 🤷‍♀️

Buy bog rolls and tinned goods.

Thank me later. 

😉

12 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

they just do not stop complaining.  Always about how hard they have it - I am ****ing sick of it.  

:kirklol:

SuperstarSteve
58 minutes ago, Taffin said:

Not a very good weapon if over 99% of people survive it and a load don't even notice they've got it. Would be like replacing an assault rifle with throwing pebbles.

I am sceptical of the wet market theory though and think there's more to it.

I think this virus has a 1% mortality rate. An America lab is researching with a virus that has a 50% mortality rate. 

America funded the risky research in China which was confirmed by the NIH but from what I gather the definition of gain of function is what was being disputed. 

2 minutes ago, Dennis Denuto said:

When were teachers on furlough? You have no idea what you are talking about and could not be more wrong.

getting paid for **** all, same shit.

Dennis Denuto
1 minute ago, i8hibsh said:

At no stage did I make this point.

TBH I am not sure what your point is, apart from teachers being another group of people you hate for no real or logical reason. I can only assume the one that was your ex did you some kind of emotional harm

Tweedledum and Tweedledumber are excelling themselves this morning.

Wonder what ****ing handstands they did during this pandemic. Probably too modest to say I'd guess.

2 minutes ago, Costanza said:

Tweedledum and Tweedledumber are excelling themselves this morning.

Wonder what ****ing handstands they did during this pandemic. Probably too modest to say I'd guess.

Please tell me I am Tweedledum and not Tweedledumber

:sob:

Now Clown Shoes has said at least one person has died from Omricon. No qualifications given just a broad statement.

At least one patient has died after testing positive for the Omicron variant of COVID-19, the prime minister has said.

Speaking during a visit to a vaccination clinic near Paddington, in west London, Boris Johnson said: "Sadly yes Omicron is producing hospitalisations and sadly at least one patient has been confirmed to have died with Omicron.

"So I think the idea that this is somehow a milder version of the virus, I think that's something we need to set on one side and just recognise the sheer pace at which it accelerates through the population. So the best thing we can do is all get our boosters."

Edited by Boy Daniel

1 minute ago, Boy Daniel said:

Now Clown Shoes has said at least one person has died from Omricon. No qualifications given just a broad statement.

It was probably a 97 year old chain smoking obese man who fell off a ladder.

Just now, i8hibsh said:

It was probably a 97 year old chain smoking obese man who fell off a ladder.

Lol 😂 with no underlying health conditions 😂

13 minutes ago, Dennis Denuto said:

Supply teachers had a retention payment system very similar to furlough but more generous than that offered to others.

5 minutes ago, Boy Daniel said:

At least one patient has died after testing positive for the Omicron variant of COVID-19, the prime minister has said.

Speaking during a visit to a vaccination clinic near Paddington, in west London, Boris Johnson said: "Sadly yes Omicron is producing hospitalisations and sadly at least one patient has been confirmed to have died with Omicron.

"So I think the idea that this is somehow a milder version of the virus, I think that's something we need to set on one side and just recognise the sheer pace at which it accelerates through the population. So the best thing we can do is all get our boosters."

"with"

About as relevant as saying a man died with a moustache.

Just now, i8hibsh said:

Please tell me I am Tweedledum and not Tweedledumber

:sob:

I admire self awareness as an indicator of intelligence.

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )
  • JKBMod 12 featured, locked, unlocked and unfeatured this topic