Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )

CJGJ

47 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

He'll trash his own country at the drop of a hat to win an argument. 

There's many like him unfortunately. 

• Replies 107.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

17 minutes ago, indianajones said:

It's never been found in the wild. 

There was a very similar virus found in a cave that was researched and experimented on which in turn created the current virus we are seeing today. 

For context -

One holds that it’s suspicious that, almost a year and a half into the pandemic, SARS-CoV-2’s closest relative still hasn’t been found in an animal.

Outbreak-origin investigations often take years, and some culprits remain unknown. It took 14 years to nail down the origin of the SARS epidemic, which began with a virus in bats that spread to humans, most likely through civets.

There was a very similar virus found in a cave that was researched and experimented on which in turn created the current virus we are seeing today.... got a link ? 

All I see is this ... 

Another argument suggests that SARS-CoV-2 might have derived from coronaviruses found in an unused mine where WIV researchers collected samples from bats between 2012 and 2015.

Edited by NANOJAMBO

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
5 hours ago, NANOJAMBO said:

:cornette_dog:

none of them wearing masks either despite both being in high-risk occupations

totally consistent with the mega-tsunami of hypocrisy over the last 20 months :)

The Mighty Thor
8 hours ago, Footballfirst said:

I haven't a clue where you got your stats from. Scotland was on target to meet the end of Jan deadline.

Based on today's figures (up to 11 Dec), Scotland has given 2,116,228 3rd doses (256,493 in the last week or 36,642 per day)

The total who have had 2nd doses is 3,973,761, so there is a potential 1,857,533 who can receive 3rd doses. At 36,642 a day, it would take 51 days.  Guess what? 11 December to 31 January is exactly 51 days.

Oh.

More of them pesky facts. 

5 hours ago, NANOJAMBO said:

For context -

One holds that it’s suspicious that, almost a year and a half into the pandemic, SARS-CoV-2’s closest relative still hasn’t been found in an animal.

Outbreak-origin investigations often take years, and some culprits remain unknown. It took 14 years to nail down the origin of the SARS epidemic, which began with a virus in bats that spread to humans, most likely through civets.

There was a very similar virus found in a cave that was researched and experimented on which in turn created the current virus we are seeing today.... got a link ? 

All I see is this ... 

Another argument suggests that SARS-CoV-2 might have derived from coronaviruses found in an unused mine where WIV researchers collected samples from bats between 2012 and 2015.

Where has this been copied and pasted from?

6 hours ago, NANOJAMBO said:

For context -

All I see is this ... 

There are many links and even a ch4 documentary! Search gain of function covid 19. It's fairly widespread. 

The Mighty Thor

Sajid Javid on the morning press round repeating the latest addition to the Government's lexicon of phrases with 'a tidal wave of cases'

Reprehensible.

20 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Sajid Javid on the morning press round repeating the latest addition to the Government's lexicon of phrases with 'a tidal wave of cases'

Reprehensible.

Carefully chosen words to increase the fear. Booster jag uptake needs stepped up to keep the envelopes coming.

57 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Reprehensible.

It’s beyond reprehensible. It’s vile, abusive and equatable to terrorism. 🙃

Catching up on this thread after being out with pals after the game yesterday. Pleasing to see it deliver in exactly the way I imagined, even down to the same people who slaughtered Sturgeon for using tsunami defending Johnson for using tidal wave.

:pleasing:

9 hours ago, NANOJAMBO said:

You posted this just as I said I was bowing out.

Can I suggest when you make claims like this you give some citation ? 

Anyways, I'm definitley out now . 

8 hours ago, Smithee said:

I honestly don't know what this means

Was just wondering posters thoughts .

The genetic footprint not before being found as a natural occurrence suggests its man made.

Which if true is a concern.

As it could mean it's been weaponised.

Just wondered if anyone else had read the reports surfacing that I have.

50 minutes ago, Alex Kintner said:

It’s beyond reprehensible. It’s vile, abusive and equatable to terrorism. 🙃

I don't know about you but, I'm incredibly offended by this and literally everything else.

Edited by Bindy Badgy

8 minutes ago, Ked said:

Was just wondering posters thoughts .

The genetic footprint not before being found as a natural occurrence suggests its man made.

Which if true is a concern.

As it could mean it's been weaponised.

Just wondered if anyone else had read the reports surfacing that I have.

Not a very good weapon if over 99% of people survive it and a load don't even notice they've got it. Would be like replacing an assault rifle with throwing pebbles.

I am sceptical of the wet market theory though and think there's more to it.

Francis Albert
9 hours ago, NANOJAMBO said:

He'll trash his own country at the drop of a hat to win an argument. 

Some people see the UK as their own country. Reprehensible as some think that is.

Humza yousaf said they are going to announce new restrictions for us Tom at parliament as our nhs could be overwhelmed 

Lets have a guess on what they are going to do now 🤷‍♀️

18 minutes ago, Taffin said:

Not a very good weapon if over 99% of people survive it and a load don't even notice they've got it. Would be like replacing an assault rifle with throwing pebbles.

I am sceptical of the wet market theory though and think there's more to it.

Aye true on its effectiveness.

But its caused damage on different levels not least economic and society wise.

33 minutes ago, Ked said:

No it doesn't, it suggests they haven't found the source yet

16 minutes ago, theshed said:

Humza yousaf said they are going to announce new restrictions for us Tom at parliament as our nhs could be overwhelmed 

Lets have a guess on what they are going to do now 🤷‍♀️

Nice just in time for Christmas eh. 

Dennis Denuto
10 hours ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Assuming no jabs on Christmas Day or New Year's Day, the average needs to rise to approximately 37,270 a day. Currently there is a shortfall of about 427 vaccinators due to recruitment issues.

They may well make the 31 Dec target but they'll certainly need the broad shoulders of the UK govt to help. 

The UK is only giving about the third of the jags per day it needs to for the Dec 31st target, Scotland is very marginally less than a third , but it is not too much of a difference to really matter.  My point really is where is all this UK help coming from and can they really get that many vaccines into arms that quickly?

I don't see this is a UK v Devolved nations issue, it is important that wherever there is capacity  to help it is deployed in that area to help it, and if that is from the Army then we all make a contribution to that army so why wouldn't it get deployed where needed.

17 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

Nature article on the lableak hypothesis here.

There’s not yet any substantial evidence for a lab leak. Why are scientists still considering it?

Scientists don’t have enough evidence about the origins of SARS-CoV-2 to rule out the lab-leak hypothesis, or to prove the alternative — that the virus has a natural origin. Many infectious-disease researchers agree that the most probable scenario is that the virus evolved naturally and spread from a bat either directly to a person or through an intermediate animal. Most emerging infectious diseases begin with a spillover from nature, as was seen with HIV, influenza epidemics, Ebola outbreaks and the coronaviruses that caused the SARS epidemic beginning in 2002 and the Middle East respiratory syndrome (MERS) outbreak beginning in 2012.

Still, the possibility remains that SARS-CoV-2 escaped from a lab. Although lab leaks have never caused an epidemic, they have resulted in small outbreaks involving well-documented viruses. A relevant example happened in 2004, when two researchers were independently infected by the virus that causes SARS at a virology lab in Beijing that studied the disease. They spread the infection to seven others before the outbreak was contained.

Seems like it's in the plausible but, unlikely category.

Dennis Denuto
8 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

I got told the schools aren’t going back in January, yesterday. I’m hoping its just contingency planning.

You never know but from Boris yesterday it seemed very much like the way to deal with this is to vaccinate in order to avoid serious illness, rather then shutdown to avoid infection spread.

I think schools closing would be way down the list, much more likely to do things that they can get away with no Furlough as well - increase VPs locations and reduced attendences at events - so shut down football again!!

20 minutes ago, Ked said:

Aye true on its effectiveness.

But its caused damage on different levels not least economic and society wise.

Very true, but they surely wouldn't have known that would be the case given it's lack of potency.

If I started to throw a scattering of pebbles at an enemy I wouldn't expect their response to be their retreat to a bunker whilst hoping I'd stop. I'd expect them to say stop doing that and then go about their business not overly worried about it.

Poor analogy of course, but I just can't see how anyone would have guess the response it's got...certainly outside of countries like China.

8 minutes ago, Dennis Denuto said:

The UK is only giving about the third of the jags per day it needs to for the Dec 31st target, Scotland is very marginally less than a third , but it is not too much of a difference to really matter.  My point really is where is all this UK help coming from and can they really get that many vaccines into arms that quickly?

I don't see this is a UK v Devolved nations issue, it is important that wherever there is capacity  to help it is deployed in that area to help it, and if that is from the Army then we all make a contribution to that army so why wouldn't it get deployed where needed.

I think the challenge they'll face is a lot of people have a lot on in December that means:

- they don't have time to go to an appointment

- they don't want to risk having a bad reaction for a couple of days and miss their plans 

It's not a good month for this type of thing imo.

Dennis Denuto
3 minutes ago, Taffin said:

Very true, but they surely wouldn't have known that would be the case given it's lack of potency.

If I started to throw a scattering of pebbles at an enemy I wouldn't expect their response to be their retreat to a bunker whilst hoping I'd stop. I'd expect them to say stop doing that and then go about their business not overly worried about it.

Poor analogy of course, but I just can't see how anyone would have guess the response it's got...certainly outside of countries like China.

Throwing pebbles isn't quite the same though is it - more like firing a revolver at an entire army who only have pebbles to throw back at you - so until they invent the sling shot you can slowly take them out.

Dennis Denuto
Just now, Taffin said:

I think the challenge they'll face is a lot of people have a lot on in December that means:

- they don't want to risk having a bad reaction for a couple of days and miss their plans 

True, but al lot of people will not wanting to get sick so will want the booster to protect them - pretty hard messaging now that booster is the answer and loads of people still listen.

Just now, Taffin said:

Good point 

highlandjambo3
On 11/12/2021 at 19:42, Boy Daniel said:

I’m not very happy about this having to isolate If someone in my house test positive and I have been triple vaccinated and had a negative PCR test. It’s making a mockery of being vaccinated and the PCR testing. 

Does seem a bit ott……..person testing positive gets expelled to the garden shed/bedroom etc, Chuck in some bread and water every day for them.  You take a rapid test, if negative then job done, your not infected.

1 hour ago, Ked said:

Was just wondering posters thoughts . I gave you some scientific thoughts. including the views  from Biden's intelligence driven report rom five sources. 

It doesn't mean anything - 14 years for SARS ? 

Which if true is a concern. No - look at the SARS comparison I gave you. 

As it could mean it's been weaponised. No. It might be "weaponised" (unlikely) but not because   scientists couldn't find it as a natural occurrence

Just wondered if anyone else had read the reports surfacing that I have. What reports - Ive asked your for citations already. 

3 minutes ago, Dennis Denuto said:

Throwing pebbles isn't quite the same though is it - more like firing a revolver at an entire army who only have pebbles to throw back at you - so until they invent the sling shot you can slowly take them out.

A revolver would cause serious harm to anyone that you hit with it's bullets. Covid doesn't work like that. The pebble may hit someone and they get really unlucky and have a serious issue (knocks them over and the hit their head etc) Even if I hit every one of them with my pebbles, it would no more than a mere annoyance for most.

As I say poor analogy but I just can't see why someone would make the jump that by creating a weapon where a third of people don't even notice they got it and >99% have no serious issues would result in this chaos. It would be such an odd thing to do imo. Equally they maybe just made the weapon a bit shit by mistake.

7 minutes ago, Dennis Denuto said:

True, but al lot of people will not wanting to get sick so will want the booster to protect them - pretty hard messaging now that booster is the answer and loads of people still listen.

Absolutely, and they'll prioritise to make it happen. I don't think that will happen on the scale the government would like though.

22 minutes ago, Dennis Denuto said:

My point really is where is all this UK help coming from and can they really get that many vaccines into arms that quickly?

I thought I read something last night about BJ mobilising the army (again) with up to forty teams of some kind being mentioned but no real detail (no surprise there). 

Given the lack of personnel (and lack of vax centres , in my locale) , schools breaking up end of this week and the fact people are literally having to take a half day off work because of long queues , I don't see any targets being met. 

6 hours ago, MoncurMacdonaldMercer said:

:cornette_dog:

none of them wearing masks either despite both being in high-risk occupations

totally consistent with the mega-tsunami of hypocrisy over the last 20 months :)

It’s sentimental nonsense . Appeals to those who like cheap sentiment . 

33 minutes ago, jonesy said:

Humza Yousaf can take his restrictions and scoot.

Yep 

30 minutes ago, jonesy said:

And, surprise, surprise, the teaching unions want the schools closed early. Lazy *******s wouldn't last five mins in the private sector.

Yes just been reading that . They really have been awful during this pandemic . What about those parents who can’t afford child care ? Or equally those poor parents who rely on the education system to look after their kids while they sit at home doing nowt? 

12 minutes ago, jonesy said:

Wonder if they'll produce some spurious stats to back it up, or just use their puritanical powers of distrust and judgement of others to decide.

Anyway, it's all conjecture at this point. Let's hope they see sense and govern for the people, not based on fear.

The use of the word 'inevitable' shows how little they want to own the new restrictions and, much like the parents that beat their kids, are only doing it for yer ain guid.

Come on it’s Nicola sturgeon et al . They will only be using projections ! 

7 minutes ago, Taffin said:

Absolutely, and they'll prioritise to make it happen. I don't think that will happen on the scale the government would like though.

No people are seeing the wider picture and getting wide to it . 

1 minute ago, NANOJAMBO said:

I thought I read something last night about BJ mobilising the army (again) with up to forty teams of some kind being mentioned but no real detail (no surprise there). 

Given the lack of personnel (and lack of vax centres , in my locale) , schools breaking up end of this week and the fact people are literally having to take a half day off work because of long queues , I don't see any targets being met. 

CDE286AE-CA5E-4D74-BB79-8FA58EF63ABF.gif

56252858-077A-4D3C-A3D6-D8A425971B62.gif

3 minutes ago, jonesy said:

Having seen Chinese cars, construction, plumbing and electrics up close, I can confirm that China is good at making things a bit shit.

😂😂

It gets done quickly though!

1 minute ago, JamesM48 said:

No people are seeing the wider picture and getting wide to it . 

Some will be, but others will still place their booster over their plans. I'm just saying in a climate where the government want people to make time for things, December is about as badly timed as you can get (I'm not suggesting they have control over the timing). It is what it is.

Another human interest story to warm one’s heart on a Monday morning . Apparently no “ underlying health conditions “ 

( read the small print ) 

https://www.edinburghlive.co.uk/news/uk-world-news/mum-wakes-coronavirus-coma-find-22441647?fbclid=IwAR1gFBItFtmtrq0VaGps9K097dMmOKbDgdZ6hkEh8Rj-oJ_XmiDC5tceVdw

7 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Another human interest story to warm one’s heart on a Monday morning . Apparently no “ underlying health conditions “ 

( read the small print ) 

https://www.edinburghlive.co.uk/news/uk-world-news/mum-wakes-coronavirus-coma-find-22441647?fbclid=IwAR1gFBItFtmtrq0VaGps9K097dMmOKbDgdZ6hkEh8Rj-oJ_XmiDC5tceVdw

James, might I suggest you stop reading the news. It's gets me riled too, so I've largely stopped looking at it recently and feel much better for it.

Just live your life as you see fit and leave other people to worry about themselves. If things you need to know happen (like rule changes) you'll see it when you go to the shops and they're either requesting masks be worn or they're closed.

Stories like the above aren't good for a person's pysche, nor do they serve much purpose beyond macabre interest imo.

Edit: I just skimmed the article out of curiosity after I'd written the above, and as far as I can tell it's a relatively good news story. They're all now fine?

Edited by Taffin

highlandjambo3
13 hours ago, Gizmo said:

Scotland and Northern Ireland have already opened up boosters to over-30s - and those aged 18 to 29 in Scotland can get their booster jabs from later in the week.

First Minister Nicola Sturgeon said Scotland currently has the highest rate of booster jabs of all the UK nations.

PS FTFY. 

I get a bit confused with the booster uptake thing……I’m mid 50’s, got my second jab 6 months ago but, our nhs online info says my GP practice will contact me to get my booster.  Then the guidelines via tv news say I should go and get my booster now, so the online portal booking system says no appointments at any of the centres near me and, that’s looking as far as the end of January 22……wait? Call someone? I sent an e mail but no reply.

1 minute ago, Taffin said:

James, might I suggest you stop reading the news. It's gets me riled too, so I've largely stopped looking at it recently and feel much better for it.

Just live your life as you see fit and leave other people to worry about themselves. If things you need to know happen (like rule changes) you'll see it when you go to the shops and they're either requesting masks be worn or they're closed.

Stories like the above aren't good for a person's pysche, nor do they serve much purpose beyond macabre interest imo.

I’ve stopped watching the news . But I find those stories of interest as they more than likely tend distorted to fit a certain narrative . Nothing against the woman and nice to she recovered but it’s fear mongering propaganda . That’s it’s purpose . However it does not cause me fear . Thanks for your concern though . 

highlandjambo3

Mathew (dunno his second name) on “this morning” TV………he’s not spoken yet but, he’s ready to wet his pants…..he usually does.

2 minutes ago, highlandjambo3 said:

I get a bit confused with the booster uptake thing……I’m mid 50’s, got my second jab 6 months ago but, our nhs online info says my GP practice will contact me to get my booster.  Then the guidelines via tv news say I should go and get my booster now, so the online portal booking system says no appointments at any of the centres near me and, that’s looking as far as the end of January 22……wait? Call someone? I sent an e mail but no reply.

Just Ruck up at a centre “ act daft “ say you have an appointment . They will look , won’t find it but more than likely you will be seen . Without going into the whole story that’s what happened for me last week ! I’m a master as acting daft 😂😂 ( before anyone says it ) 😎

Just now, JamesM48 said:

I’ve stopped watching the news . But I find those stories of interest as they more than likely tend distorted to fit a certain narrative . Nothing against the woman and nice to she recovered but it’s fear mongering propaganda . That’s it’s purpose . However it does not cause me fear . Thanks for your concern though . 

I share your sentiment on them, so I don't tend to read them as I just get my jimmies rustled 😂😂

I appreciate that me suggesting you stop contradicts the very advice I'm giving of leaving others to it, but if you're happy then of course crack on 👍

highlandjambo3
Just now, JamesM48 said:

Just Ruck up at a centre “ act daft “ say you have an appointment . They will look , won’t find it but more than likely you will be seen . Without going into the whole story that’s what happened for me last week ! I’m a master as acting daft 😂😂 ( before anyone says it ) 😎

👍This should be easy 😂

2 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Show them your posting history you mean? 😁

1 minute ago, Taffin said:

I share your sentiment on them, so I don't tend to read them as I just get my jimmies rustled 😂😂

I appreciate that me suggesting you stop contradicts the very advice I'm giving of leaving others to it, but if you're happy then of course crack on 👍

I read those stories to find the cracks in them . There usually is . 

57 minutes ago, jonesy said:

And, surprise, surprise, the teaching unions want the schools closed early. Lazy *******s wouldn't last five mins in the private sector.

My hatred, disrespect and anger has exploded 100 fold during this scamdemic and teachers are top of my list for losing all respect for.

3 minutes ago, highlandjambo3 said:

👍This should be easy 😂

Its up to you to take a chance and go to one of the places . Just say your very “ anxious “ “ got a sick relative at home “ etc 

1 minute ago, Smithee said:

Show them your posting history you mean? 😁

No seriously it always work ! The  “acting daft “ strategy for almost anything ! They didn’t have that long enough time to see my posting history ! 

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )
  • JKBMod 12 featured, locked, unlocked and unfeatured this topic