Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )

CJGJ

Spitonastranger
6 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

No, of course it's not OK for obese people to die in their 30s. But neither is it OK for the vast majority of people in the country to lose their liberties to avoid that outcome.

The party you vote for are regularly taking away our liberties 

• Replies 107.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

Can you clarify what you mean by this ? What treatment and in what way earlier ? 

I was thinking of GPs being able to prescribe the anti-viral treatments initially and quickly, perhaps preventing a hospitalization. 

1 minute ago, Spitonastranger said:

It's quite incredible to read his posts isn't it? 😁

6 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

No, of course it's not OK for obese people to die in their 30s.

But neither is it OK for the vast majority of people in the country to lose their liberties = also make poor choices about their own health care to the potential detriment of others. 

Almost like smokers and their "rights" and "freedoms" really. 

2 minutes ago, Gizmo said:

I was thinking of GPs being able to prescribe the anti-viral treatments initially and quickly, perhaps preventing a hospitalization. 

Are these available already ? 

Jeffros Furios

The thread has gone a bit stale...we need James to tell us exactly what's going on  !! 

1 minute ago, Jeffros Furios said:

The thread has gone a bit stale...we need James to tell us exactly what's going on  !! 

I need to know whose turn it is to be "vile". 

14 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

No, of course it's not OK for obese people to die in their 30s. But neither is it OK for the vast majority of people in the country to lose their liberties to avoid that outcome.

People need to take responsibility for their health and not Clogg up the already “ over whelmed “ NHS with their self induced health issues such as  obesity due to bad diet choices , alcohol misuse  or drug misuse to an extreme et al  bla. Bla bla well that’s the argument which the vaxxed have with “ the unvaccinated “

. On another social media forum  There was a large guy who got the pish ripped out of him when he was angrily arguing about the unvaccinated. . Absolute fud. I actually don’t mind the choices make about their health as it’s their choices but I do hate the hypocrites who only seem to target certain people like “ the unvaccinated “ 

32 minutes ago, jonesy said:

I'm sure they'll find some poor sod who has plethora of unknown underlying health conditions and interview him/her expressing their tearful regret at not getting vaxxed or something.

Yes it’ll be ramped up . 

20 minutes ago, Savage Vince said:

Wise move. 

There's regular posters in this thread who think it's OK for people with weight issues to die in their 30s. 

Most sensible and responsible governments would have been highlighted the proven link of obesity to covid mortality every single day and advising those obese people to do something about their weight . Those who were able to . Not those were weight is linked to another health condition.  You seem to be pro choice when it suits you . 

16 minutes ago, Jeffros Furios said:

😂😂😎

29904757-B016-45DB-AE07-600460094273.gif

Jeffros Furios
Just now, JamesM48 said:

😂😂😎

29904757-B016-45DB-AE07-600460094273.gif

Good  man James ,  best poster on the forum .

7 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

People need to take responsibility for their health and not Clogg up the already “ over whelmed “ NHS with their self induced health issues such as  obesity due to bad diet choices , alcohol misuse  or drug misuse to an extreme et al  bla. Bla bla well that’s the argument which the vaxxed have with “ the unvaccinated “

. On another social media forum  There was a large guy who got the pish ripped out of him when he was angrily arguing about the unvaccinated. . Absolute fud. I actually don’t mind the choices make about their health as it’s their choices but I do hate the hypocrites who only seem to target certain people like “ the unvaccinated “ 

Yes it’ll be ramped up . 

Most sensible and responsible governments would have been highlighted the proven link of obesity to covid mortality every single day and advising those obese people to do something about their weight . Those who were able to . Not those were weight is linked to another health condition.  You seem to be pro choice when it suits you . 

We've been over this before. There are real, big links to poverty and obesity. Granted, there's selfish gannets out there however most people don't choose to live in abject poverty. 

6 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Most sensible and responsible governments would have been highlighted the proven link of obesity to covid mortality ... UK govt has done this consistently throughout the pandemic.

Naturally you choose to overlook the other factors causing obesity in society, like mental health.

But, to take your own analogy, you'd think the govt would be telling the unvaccinated/mask refusniks/ "freedom" campaigners  on a daily basis about the benefits and the much increased chances of a positive outcome when contracting the virus.

Oh wait, they have.... and still,  they're literally willing to risk their own lives (and others) in their pursuit of "freedom". 

Seymour M Hersh
34 minutes ago, Spitonastranger said:

I'm not sure he votes for the SNP? 

Edited by Seymour M Hersh

A modicum of common sense 

Double-jabbed people who come into contact with Covid case should take daily lateral flow test for seven days from Tuesday, government says - but 10-day Omicron isolation is axed

Thats England let’s hope Scotland follows suit. 

Edited by Boy Daniel

From now on there should be a retained,  rapid deployment system for any roll-out of further vaccinations or boosters.  No more sleepwalking and then having to crank the whole thing back up at snail's pace.  Retained premises to employ at short notice.  Retained,  reservist style army of staff to be mobilised at short notice.  

There's only so often you can **** up the same thing.

7 minutes ago, Savage Vince said:

We've been over this before. There are real, big links to poverty and obesity. Granted, there's selfish gannets out there however most people don't choose to live in abject poverty. 

And there is a link to lack of willpower and self-responsibilty to obesity too. Every single person is capable of improving their own outcomes. It's not the responsibility of the State or society. You can offer help, yes, but the mollycoddling and granting of "victim" status is the wrong approach. 

3 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

And there is a link to lack of willpower and self-responsibilty to obesity too. Every single person is capable of improving their own outcomes. It's not the responsibility of the State or society. You can offer help, yes, but the mollycoddling and granting of "victim" status is the wrong approach. 

I'd argue that it is the responsibility of the state to ensure that very large sections of society are not living in abject poverty. 

1 hour ago, Savage Vince said:

Wise move. 

There's regular posters in this thread who think it's OK for people with weight issues to die in their 30s. 

Similar to the unvaccinated in many ways. Obviously really awful for them, their families and friends but choosing not to help themselves makes sympathy harder to extend...which isn't the same as saying it's okay though.

9 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Yes “ self responsibility “ seems to be out of fashion in some quarters . Effective budgeting in tandem with cooking lessons etc ( I know some will laugh at this ) should be encouraged and  supported in the obese groups . However I doubt there is the motivation by some to do this . 

Just now, XB52 said:

Bojo stating it's a tidal wave. I'll wait for our resident britnats to jump on his infalimmatery language

Is a tidal wave like a tsunami ?

If so,  Enzo and Jamesy will be outraged. 

4 minutes ago, Taffin said:

Similar to the unvaccinated in many ways. Obviously really awful for them, their families and friends but choosing not to help themselves makes sympathy harder to extend...which isn't the same as saying it's okay though.

Yep . 

4 minutes ago, OmiyaHearts said:

Vile behaviour from Johnson. Using the term tidal wave. 

Am I doing it right?

Using the term tidal wave in December is disrespectful according to @jonesy 😁

Footballfirst

tsunami, (Japanese: “harbour wave”) also called seismic sea wave or tidal wave, catastrophic ocean wave, usually caused by a submarine earthquake, an underwater or coastal landslide, or a volcanic eruption. The term tidal wave is frequently used for such a wave, but it is a misnomer, for the wave has no connection with the tides.

4 minutes ago, XB52 said:

Bojo stating it's a tidal wave. I'll wait for our resident britnats to jump on his infalimmatery language

Jonesy will be raging at the BBC again ...

@vicderbyshire

· Dec 10

My brother’s triple-jabbed - the third one was Pfizer 3-4 wks ago. He’s just got covid & feels ‘rough’ & is isolating. Had a Xmas meal out with a load of mates last Friday - all of them vaccinated - 17 out of 21 of them have now tested positive.

2 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

Enjo will be, James will have u turned 3 times by the time he reads it 

from a technical basis tidal waves and tsunamis are different. they are created differently and the severity of the potential damage is significantly different. i.e. a bad tidal wave might flood or damage beachfront property. tsunamis as seen with what happened at fukushima can destroy whole villages further inland

There both very similar however I guarantee Hawd It and Dawd It will say otherwise 😁

I mentioned this earlier it’s claim people are in hospital with Omnicron but no definitive with or because of. This needs to be clarified asap. 

1 minute ago, milky_26 said:

from a technical basis tidal waves and tsunamis are different. they are created differently and the severity of the potential damage is significantly different. i.e. a bad tidal wave might flood or damage beachfront property. tsunamis as seen with what happened at fukushima can destroy whole villages further inland

Yep! It doesn’t sound as bad . Not as blatantly fear mongering as madams word 

manaliveits105
1 minute ago, milky_26 said:

Exactly 

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )
  • JKBMod 12 featured, locked, unlocked and unfeatured this topic