Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )

CJGJ

1 hour ago, Hmfc1965 said:

It isn't though. He might have been a tad OTT but so was Sturgeon  

She should be ashamed for being insensitive to Sri Lankans by using the word tsunami though? Seriously?

JKB the home of amateur dramatics

• Replies 107.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

6 hours ago, NANOJAMBO said:

I've blocked him but have looked in  occasionally when I can see he's spamming up the thread. Frankly, he's not in the least amusing (to me) , he's tedious, petty & insulting but smart enough to never do anyting that will get him banned from the thread - so we have to put up with his ranting & raving.

But, yeah, he certainly keeps on "giving".  

Additionally, a few new accounts turned up a couple of months ago that agree with he says so there's a decent chance he's multi-accounting the thread. I have no idea how me has that much time to spend on a message board. The number of hours spent on here much be close to what most people spend at work.

Edited by Bindy Badgy

6 hours ago, JamesM48 said:

You should know with your  extensive knowledge of domestic violence that some words can have a shattering and damaging impact on some people. They can be used in so many negative ways to perpetuate abuse . She knew exactly why she used that word yesterday . It was to create fear and anxiety . It was abusive .  

:wow:

Sober James is going to be disappointed with drunk James for that one. 😁

10 minutes ago, Bindy Badgy said:

Additionally, a few new accounts turned up a couple of months ago that agree with he says so there's a decent chance he's multi-accounting the thread. I have no idea how me has that much time to spend on a message board. The number of hours spent on here much be close to what most people spend at work.

This is the same guy who can’t even keep track of his own opinion or what he posted the day before so I’d guess that was unlikely 😂

The Mighty Thor

😂

This thread is an advent calendar of comedy hysteria and utter bollocks

Can't wait to open tomorrow's window  😂

Edited by The Mighty Thor

5 hours ago, Smithee said:

She should be ashamed for being insensitive to Sri Lankans by using the word tsunami though? Seriously?

JKB the home of amateur dramatics

She should be ashamed of soiling her pants over Omicron and using language that was deliberately designed to terrify people. Most of us can decipher the lies, half-truths and hyperbole that passes her lips but others are more fragile and may well actually believe her.

The use of the word Tsunami was morally and ethically reprehensible. 

Don't see the issue with using the term tsunami 🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️

That said, if it turns out like I'm hoping and expecting and it's merely a lapping ripple then she'll look like a bit of a tit not worth listening to in future.

Has James spent another night out in the pub on his phone posting to KB?

Have a break man. Jeez, this thread is quite literally your blog. Can’t go a day without a ton of posts even if you’re meant to be out with your pals :laugh:

Edited by kila

26 minutes ago, Taffin said:

That said, if it turns out like I'm hoping and expecting and it's merely a lapping ripple then she'll look like a bit of a tit not worth listening to in future.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Self-defeating_prophecy

Epidemics with grim projections also encourage changes that can prevent those projections from coming true and in turn lead to people questioning the necessity of those changes because the projections did not come true.

8 minutes ago, kila said:

Have a break man. Jeez, this thread is quite literally your blog. Can’t go a day without a ton of posts even if you’re meant to be out with your pals :laugh:

:biglaugh:

17 minutes ago, Bindy Badgy said:

Yeh it's a fair challenge, but folk like Ferguson have unfortunately heavily undermined the 'experts' gravitas when it comes to projections.

In defence of Sturgeon she at least tempered it with maybes, coulds and mights, which is of course true.

1 hour ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

She should be ashamed of soiling her pants over Omicron and using language that was deliberately designed to terrify people. Most of us can decipher the lies, half-truths and hyperbole that passes her lips but others are more fragile and may well actually believe her.

Well that wasn't what the guy said at all, but that aside, :laugh2:

Dennis Denuto
1 hour ago, Taffin said:

Taff I think the issue is she would not use a term like Tsunami unless she was pretty certain a very large new wave was coming. It isn’t the kind of language she normally uses in these briefings. 

So it increases the likelihood that more restrictions are coming is high IMO. I hope she’s wrong though. 

manaliveits105
1 hour ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Correct the krankies lap it all up 

31 minutes ago, Boy Daniel said:

NHS: You have not submit your covid pass document, comply here now: https://gov.nhs-covid-verify.com

I received this over night I recon it’s a scam text as I haves no need to submit my Covid pass document.

Anyone else get one of these? 

its a .com address thus is almost guaranteed to be fake, if it was real it wouls be either a .uk, .scot or .wales address depending on where in the uk you live

3 hours ago, Bindy Badgy said:

Yup nailed it. 

Anyone that agrees with something you don't agree with must just be the same person on multiple accounts.

Footballfirst

From the Beeb

The first people in the UK have been hospitalised with Omicron infections, Nadhim Zahawi has said.

The new variant of coronavirus now accounts for a third of cases in London, the education secretary said.

11 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

John Swinney said it’s “galloping towards us now”  does a tsunami gallop ? 

Yet still only 100 or so cases of the sniffles.🤔 Has it fallen at the first?

John Swinney is, as we know,  a trumpet. 

1 minute ago, Footballfirst said:

From the Beeb

The first people in the UK have been hospitalised with Omicron infections, Nadhim Zahawi has said.

The new variant of coronavirus now accounts for a third of cases in London, the education secretary said.

I heard that too. My question at the time was, are they in hospital with Omricon or because of Omricon. 

3 hours ago, Bindy Badgy said:

Absolute paranoia.  You do know the mods can easily find out if you have multiple accounts  ? Your playing the Alex K game of discrediting someone in anyway possible.  Pathetic really.

3 hours ago, Alex Kintner said:

:wow:

Sober James is going to be disappointed with drunk James for that one. 😁

I was perfectly sober last night. Unfortunately 

2 hours ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Shes vile. 

2 hours ago, Taffin said:

Hopefully but like some on  this she has no humility when proven wrong and will just worm her way out of saying it by saying she was " cautious"

2 hours ago, kila said:

Thanks for your concern but I am able to multi task you know. I can talk to people , watch tv, do anything and still scan forum. Ill give myself a break when i decide to nit at your bequest.  No one is making you read the thread or just set me on " ignore" 

52 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

Correct the krankies lap it all up 

So True luckily once we have Indy 2 and the result is no then they will be back in their box and she will be writing her memoirs or on some UN group of some sort. 

20 minutes ago, Herbert said:

Yup nailed it. 

Anyone that agrees with something you don't agree with must just be the same person on multiple accounts.

Yes that seems to be their logic.  And they call me nuts. Classic case of discrediting peoples views by saying they are crazy or the like so it invalidate their view. Im very shocked at Alex as he is apparently an ambassador for " gender based violence" and he knows that this kind of tactic is used by men against women to humiliate them and abuse them. He should know better.  Maybe he thinks its ok cause im a guy ? 

14 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

John Swinney said it’s “galloping towards us now”  does a tsunami gallop ? 

OH hes as thick as pig shit. He used to work in my friends restaurant many years ago. He was a KP. Maybe he should have stuck to that. 

9 minutes ago, Boy Daniel said:

I heard that too. My question at the time was, are they in hospital with Omricon or because of Omricon. 

what ages are they ? more details please ? Not from you i meant i meant from media . we probably wont get those details. My guess is the usual suspects. 

12 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Thanks for your concern but I am able to multi task you know. I can talk to people , watch tv, do anything and still scan forum. Ill give myself a break when i decide to nit at your bequest.  No one is making you read the thread or just set me on " ignore" 

I'd never have you on ignore James as I'd lose out on watching your entertaining meltdowns, especially when you've clearly had a few drinks :ninja:

Doubt your boyfriend is as confident in your multitasking as you think you are :whistling:

Edited by kila

8 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Yes that seems to be their logic.  And they call me nuts. Classic case of discrediting peoples views by saying they are crazy or the like so it invalidate their view. Im very shocked at Alex as he is apparently an ambassador for " gender based violence" and he knows that this kind of tactic is used by men against women to humiliate them and abuse them. He should know better.  Maybe he thinks its ok cause im a guy ? 

They are sheep, they get told what to think from a bunch of liars. Alex probably does the job for hints and tips.

11 hours ago, Alex Kintner said:

The ability to be a cliche, stereotype and parody at the same time is quite the skill. 

:jjyay:

😄  What a put down.  Anyone on the receiving end of this basically has to just concede. 

No gif is going to work on this James.  

28 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

From the Beeb

“mild cold and sniffles”

:cornette:

8 minutes ago, kila said:

I'd never have you on ignore James as I'd lose out on watching your entertaining meltdowns, especially when you've clearly had a few drinks :ninja:

Doubt your boyfriend is as confident in your multitasking as you think you are :whistling:

oh Jesus now the rumour is my " meltdowns" are due to my drinking?  I drink once a week if that. My " meltdowns" are no alcohol related. I don't know if that's a good thing or not. :)   OH Hes very happy with my multi tasking skills . That's not a problem at him. . Very content. 

image-23-10-21-07-01-2.gif

Edited by JamesM48

Nucky Thompson
29 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

From the Beeb

I don't think anyone has said that there will be nobody in hospital that has tested positive with omicron 

8 minutes ago, Herbert said:

They are sheep, they get told what to think from a bunch of liars. Alex probably does the job for hints and tips.

Makes me wonder. 

Nucky Thompson
3 minutes ago, Alex Kintner said:

“mild cold and sniffles”

:cornette:

There will be loads of colds and sniffles in hospital, it's one of the most likely places that you'll catch something 

13 hours ago, jonesy said:

That's the odd part - why are so few 'good news' CV19 stories seen on the BBC (many folks' main info source in this country). Do they feel they have a duty to ensure rule/restriction compliance? (or, indeed, do the government(s) have their ear and ensure that they push a certain agenda?).

Bad news sells. What really boils my piss is that given the way we fund the beeb such editorialising isn't needed - time they got back to reporting the news rather than making it.

4 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

There will be loads of colds and sniffles in hospital, it's one of the most likely places that you'll catch something 

You don’t get admitted to hospital because of a mild cold or sniffles. 👍🏻

11 hours ago, Alex Kintner said:

Folk losing their shit over the choice of a word. Sturgeon totally living rent free in so many heads 😂

Gee whizz Alex, folks regularly pilloried on here for getting words wrong. Including if I may gently add by your good self 🙂

32 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Absolute paranoia.  You do know the mods can easily find out if you have multiple accounts  ? Your playing the Alex K game of discrediting someone in anyway possible.  Pathetic really.

Shes vile. 

Hopefully but like some on  this she has no humility when proven wrong and will just worm her way out of saying it by saying she was " cautious"

So True luckily once we have Indy 2 and the result is no then they will be back in their box and she will be writing her memoirs or on some UN group of some sort. 

OH hes as thick as pig shit. He used to work in my friends restaurant many years ago. He was a KP. Maybe he should have stuck to that. 

anyone else feeling left out here? 🤣

The range of scenarios provided to the governments include a 'best' case (of the range) that assumes a rate of severe illness of 50% that of Delta.  Representative of that,  the working figure is 1% of infections becoming hospitalisations.

As before,  hospitalisations occur approximately 15 to 30 days after the infection.  Yesterday we were treated to the eternal point missing ignorance about current hospitalisations being very low as some kind of proof that omicron is being over-estimated.  Utter rubbish.  Yesterday's hospitalisation are representative of Delta infections of 15 to 30 days prior.  When the omicron figures begin to feed in,  hospitalisations will arise accordingly.  Day 'x' infections = day 'x'+15 - 'x'+30 hospitalisations.

So we'll see how it goes.  It's possible the severity will be less than 50% of Delta.  Let's hope so.  Omicron infections are only now beginning to reach the hospitalisation window and in trivial numbers.  You still need to track the true relationship between infections and hospitalisations along the same time staggered line.

👍

44 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Shes vile. 

It was only a couple of days ago you were calling people who held a different view to you “morons” and “half wits”.

BTW, if you’re quick to take offence at certain words you might want to look up what moron actually means.

Footballfirst
35 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

I don't think anyone has said that there will be nobody in hospital that has tested positive with omicron 

I think Enzo observed yesterday that there had been no hospitaliations from over 1000 confirmed Omicron cases and that this could be the variant we were waiting for. 

I hope he is right, but I suspect that it will be wishful thinking, at least for the next month or two.

13 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Yesterday we were treated to the eternal point missing ignorance about current hospitalisations being very low as some kind of proof that omicron is being over-estimated.  Utter rubbish.  Yesterday's hospitalisation are representative of Delta infections of 15 to 30 days prior.  When the omicron figures begin to feed in,  hospitalisations will arise accordingly.  Day 'x' infections = day 'x'+15 - 'x'+30 hospitalisations.

So we'll see how it goes.  It's possible the severity will be less than 50% of Delta.  Let's hope so.  Omicron infections are only now beginning to reach the hospitalisation window and in trivial numbers.  You still need to track the true relationship between infections and hospitalisations along the same time staggered line.

👍

Well said.

And let's not forget the conspiracy theorists accusing the BBC of chasing scaremongering headlines. 

Keep up the good work, I find your stuff very informative. 

27 minutes ago, GBJambo said:

For the vast vast majority it will be a case of the sniffles. 

It's not about the vast majority.

Two years of this  , and people still not getting it. 

1 minute ago, NANOJAMBO said:

Well said.

And let's not forget the conspiracy theorists accusing the BBC of chasing scaremongering headlines. 

Keep up the good work, I find your stuff very informative. 

Thank you and likewise.  I suppose we'll see it progressing soon and take it from there.

I accept all accusations of wanting it to be really bad,  just to prove a point,  etc.  (long sigh of resignation).

;)

2 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

It's not about the vast majority.

Two years of this  , and people still not getting it. 

I get it perfectly . It’s about protecting the elderly and vulnerable. Or is something else? Is it to protect the NHS or is to protect essential services? 

They keep changing their minds as and when one group is protected.  They move onto something else. Sure it will be something else soon 😂

4 hours ago, The Mighty Thor said:

😂

This thread is an advent calendar of comedy hysteria and utter bollocks

Can't wait to open tomorrow's window  😂

This has made my day   :rofl:

1 minute ago, GBJambo said:

I get it perfectly . It’s about protecting the elderly and vulnerable. Or is something else? Is it to protect the NHS or is to protect essential services? You tell me. 

They keep changing their minds strangely, we live in ever changing times , with an ever mutating virus . In fact , we've got two on the go simultaneously. 

as and when one group is protected.  They move onto something else. Sure it will be something else soon 😂    I'm sure you're right. It's hilarious. 

14 hours ago, Victorian said:

If any media organisation is ever going to resist being controlled or censored by a government,  damn right it will be the BBC.  Their entire ethos is puritanical neutrality and independence.  The idea they would be controlled by the gvt is ridiculous.  

Nurse! 

23 minutes ago, GBJambo said:

I get it perfectly . It’s about protecting the elderly and vulnerable. Or is something else? Is it to protect the NHS or is to protect essential services? 

They keep changing their minds as and when one group is protected.  They move onto something else. Sure it will be something else soon 😂

No offence but it appears you don't get it.

It's about protecting everyone.  The tiny percentage who might/will need hospitalisation presents two problems.

1.  The tiny percentage of any very large volume of infections can still represent a very high number for the hospitals to accomodate and it can all come quickly.  1% of 1,000,000 total infections = 10,000,  which would be well within the scope of what can be managed.  1% of 20,000,000 = 200,000,  which is well beyond the total capacity of hospitals.

2.  If we only concentrated on dealing with covid and filled the hospitals with covid cases,  hardly anything else gets dealt with,  which means all sorts of stored up harms for everyone.  Again.

Nobody has changed their minds.  Not to continue some sort of agenda.  This isn't some kind of ideological struggle between opposing agendas.  It is and always has been a matter of the sum total of care that can be provided to ALL people in accordance with volume of demand,  duration of care and available resources.

Separately there is an additional matter of unsustainable numbers of people being absent from work due to positive tests and isolation periods.  This includes frontline hospital staff,  critical care home staff and all of the people necessary for the continuation of supply chains and essential shops and services.

All of these things are real and must be planned for.  They're so critical to the country and the population that they cannot just be ignored or trivialised.

My current thinking is that,  if and when the governments get a reasonable idea that hospitals will be able to cope and have some degree of certainty going ahead,  that governments will actively seek to make this last as short a time as possible.  A managed let it rip.  No lockdowns.  Minimal measures.  But something radical may need to be considered regarding isolation.  Lockdowns and hard suppression will not manage this wave to conclusion very quickly.  It would go on and the effects will be ongoing for the whole of next year.  An awful prospect.

Those are the problems to deal with and to try to find a least bad solution for.

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )
  • JKBMod 12 featured, locked, unlocked and unfeatured this topic