Coronavirus pandemic

CJGJ

12 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

England will reintroduce  public place mask wearing in the next 6 weeks imo.

Ok 

• Replies 98.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JamesM48

• redjambo

• Victorian

• jonesy

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Jambo-Jimbo
4 hours ago, coconut doug said:

It's 150 pages long and i haven't read much of it but there is no reference to any devolved nation in the conclusions and recommendations section. 

I'd be surprised if there were given such matters are not in the remit of the enquiry. The BBC yesterday stated

It predominantly focused on the response to the pandemic in England. The committees did not look at steps taken individually by Wales, Northern Ireland and Scotland.

Perhaps you could show us where the devolved nations were shown as not "coming out well" in this report.

I haven't read it either, I assumed, wrongly that it would cover the devolved nations.

My mistake, I was wrong.

Victorian
5 hours ago, Dazo said:

😂 no chance. There is nothing left to discuss other than political point scoring. The uk governments do not care about case numbers our positivity rate. We are living with covid, there is no going back. Some people aren’t on board with that yet and need the comfort blanket of seeing case numbers drop. 

Setting aside the virtue signalling and snakey and unnecessary goading within this,  there could well be a valid point.  If it really is the case that case numbers cannot be lowered to any great extent and that they don't rise to any troublesome level,  it will indeed become the case that the monitoring of case numbers becomes largely redundant.  

Good point you accidentally demonstrated.  Worth a good deal more than your embarrassing attempt at point scoring.

Edited by Victorian
Nucky Thompson
1 hour ago, Jambof3tornado said:

England will reintroduce  public place mask wearing in the next 6 weeks imo.

Every chance, but I can't see many people complying this time around.

95% will be self declared exempt 

Victorian
2 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

It's already happened everywhere and it's increasingly unclear whether it's something that should be viewed as the right or wrong thing to choose.  Mask wearing can't go on for years.  It might contribute something now but it's probably not possible to understand it in study.  It will be reinstated in mandate if things get particularly hazardous and if that is the case,  it would surely be quite clear that it has become the right thing.

16 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Setting aside the virtue signalling and snakey and unnecessary goading within this,  there could well be a valid point.  

:muggy:

That what we need to do with everyone of you post, though more often than not no valid point🤷🏻‍♂️ 

Edited by Lord BJ
Victorian
2 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

That what we need to do with everyone of you post🤷🏻‍♂️ 

What?

Victorian
Just now, Lord BJ said:

:jj:

I'm missing the point,  maybe through a thick moment no doubt.  I'll need a hand.

Peakybunnet

I think 2k cases a day in Scotland is manageable. 

I think giving and the take up of children 12 to 15 has created a plateau of cases  

But I am absolutely no doubt in my mind is that everybody else should take up the vaccine. 

I am getting on a bit, have asthma and a dodgy ticker. I am now on day 3 following a positive covid test. It's not been a smooth ride but touch wood I won't have severe symptoms which may have been the prognosis before my vaccines. 

Jambof3tornado
1 hour ago, Nucky Thompson said:

It is amazing how many 20 somethings now appear exempt from wearing a mask, including the silly moo in tesco coughing her guts up, up and down the aisles on sunday!!

You are correct, compliance will be an issue.

24 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

It is amazing how many 20 somethings now appear exempt from wearing a mask, including the silly moo in tesco coughing her guts up, up and down the aisles on sunday!!

You are correct, compliance will be an issue.

“ compliance “ or people deciding enough is enough ? Making their own risk assessment ? 

Enzo Chiefo
12 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

“ compliance “ or people deciding enough is enough ? Making their own risk assessment ? 

Masks have had their day tbh. It's more of a ridiculous ritual now, full of contradictions with too many exemptions.  The vast majority are vaccinated and, as a nation, we need to get match fit again, in terms of boosting our immune systems again.  No chance they'll be mandated in England again imo. 

Thankfully,  they've removed the powers to lockdown so that certainly won't be an option. 

15 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Masks have had their day tbh. It's more of a ridiculous ritual now, full of contradictions with too many exemptions.  The vast majority are vaccinated and, as a nation, we need to get match fit again, in terms of boosting our immune systems again.  No chance they'll be mandated in England again imo. 

Thankfully,  they've removed the powers to lockdown so that certainly won't be an option. 

Yes I think So too . Yeah people have just got used to wearing them , without actually maybe thinking do they need to ? The ending of Furlough has also been a nail in the coffin to lockdowns too , and we are Now facing the harsh reality of how lockdowns are now affecting the present economy ( austerity mark 2 on the way , increase in tax rates etc ), coupled with the shit storm of brexit it’s gonna be a harsh winter  . To be honest what did people think when the economy was sacrificed with lockdowns .?  It’s payback time now really . Literally .

Byyy The Light
8 hours ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Summed up by the ridiculous situation at the school gates. At my daughter’s school you have people walking to the gate, put a mask on to walk through the playground then take off when they leave through the gate at the other side.

Despite the fact nowhere else in the country do you have to wear a mask outside in the open air. 

10 hours ago, Lord BJ said:

That what we need to do with everyone of you post, though more often than not no valid point🤷🏻‍♂️ 

Now now LBJ.

Seriously, what's so hard or imposing about wearing a mask going into shops, etc... Reading some posts you can see why we can deal with things like this, compared to the far east and other places who do this without patting an eyelid.

3 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

😀

I love this :jj:does the job. 🤣

13 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Seriously, what's so hard or imposing about wearing a mask going into shops, etc... Reading some posts you can see why we can deal with things like this, compared to the far east and other places who do this without patting an eyelid.

Because this country now sadly contains loads of wee whiners who are unable to put the common good over personal comfort.

10 hours ago, Victorian said:

Setting aside the virtue signalling and snakey and unnecessary goading within this,  there could well be a valid point.  If it really is the case that case numbers cannot be lowered to any great extent and that they don't rise to any troublesome level,  it will indeed become the case that the monitoring of case numbers becomes largely redundant.  

Good point you accidentally demonstrated.  Worth a good deal more than your embarrassing attempt at point scoring.

As I’ve said repeatedly living with covid means exactly that. It will be here, there will be cases and people will die. It’s just something else in life that kills us. The constant public announcements of figures is now pointless and should be left to the government, medical and scientific community. 

Nothing accidental about it Vic but you knew that. That’s you doing what you do, self appointed authority on Covid and general good point making. it was neither snakey or embarrassing buddy that’s your bag. Anyway nearly 9 o’clock you best get to the shop. 👍

Victorian
42 minutes ago, Dazo said:

As I’ve said repeatedly living with covid means exactly that. It will be here, there will be cases and people will die. It’s just something else in life that kills us. The constant public announcements of figures is now pointless and should be left to the government, medical and scientific community. 

Nothing accidental about it Vic but you knew that. That’s you doing what you do, self appointed authority on Covid and general good point making. it was neither snakey or embarrassing buddy that’s your bag. Anyway nearly 9 o’clock you best get to the shop. 👍

Not a shop assistant,  but you knew that.  Snidey remarks about shop assistants only denigrates shop assistants,  who are just people doing a fine job.  But hey,  that's just you doing your thing.

The Mighty Thor
1 hour ago, redjambo said:

Because this country now sadly contains loads of wee whiners who are unable to put the common good over personal comfort.

I'd say that this country has always contained huge numbers of such helmets. Coronavirus has outed them.

25 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Not a shop assistant,  but you knew that.  Snidey remarks about shop assistants only denigrates shop assistants,  who are just people doing a fine job.  But hey,  that's just you doing your thing.

That may be your view of shop assistants don’t try and make it mine ta. 👍 

Victorian
Just now, Dazo said:

That may be your view of shop assistants don’t try and make it mine ta. 👍 

So it's me insulting shop assistants? Sound.  

Sorry shop assistants. 

Back in your day men were men and sheep were nervous. 

Some savagery back on this thread 

:arry:

And some pot calling the kettle black 

:awful:

1 minute ago, Taffin said:

:spoton: 

4 minutes ago, Taffin said:

😂😂😂

More exciting than case numbers to be fair. 

Alexa, what does contradicting yourself look like?

1 hour ago, Dazo said:

it was neither snakey or embarrassing buddy that’s your bag. Anyway nearly 9 o’clock you best get to the shop. 👍

8 minutes ago, Beni said:

Alexa, what does contradicting yourself look like?

You need Alexa for that ? Taffin already covered this buddy. 👍

Edited by Dazo
27 minutes ago, Taffin said:

C61ADAAF-9BFE-44EC-A431-181B8880737C.gif

1AE4F5AD-A0A3-4411-9103-7C22E8D49721.gif

Victorian

Me and my comfort blanket and my black pot are just going to try to return to discussing the topic.  No more getting sucked in by latent vendettas.

👍

25 minutes ago, Dazo said:

You need Alexa for that ? Taffin already covered this buddy. 👍

Beni makes a fair point.

The shop assistant schtick is poor and undermines your place on the high ground and my comment the pot calling the kettle black can apply to that just as readily as anyone else's posts.

I'm all for a bun fight but mocking someone for their job (or not their job in this case) is poor patter.

3 minutes ago, Taffin said:

Beni makes a fair point.

The shop assistant schtick is poor and undermines your place on the high ground and my comment the pot calling the kettle black can apply to that just as readily as anyone else's posts.

I'm all for a bun fight but mocking someone for their job (or not their job in this case) is poor patter.

Aye that’s fair enough but I wasn’t mocking his job. Maybe poorly but it was bun fight humour suggesting he was closer to be being a shop assistant rather than the virologist or scientist he tries to comes across as. Not that I’m going to lose much sleep over it but I wasn’t intentionally mocking shop assistants. Maybe I’m splitting hairs there but anyway apologies to all shop workers offended by my posts. 😊

7 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

Mr Anti-snide continuing to be snide as ****, I see. 

Morning Ray, you just up ? Took you longer than normal to join in. 

Just now, Dazo said:

Morning Ray, you just up ? Took you longer than normal to join in. 

First time looking in for a while. Shouldn't have bothered. Don't worry, I'll leave you all to it again.

Victorian

I don't try to come across as a virologist or any other scientist.  I'm trying,  unsuccessfully,  to discuss this topic,  just like many others on this thread.  That's all.  Honestly do not understand this type of hostility about discussing opinions.

4 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

First time looking in for a while. Shouldn't have bothered. Don't worry, I'll leave you all to it again.

Suppose, posting 3 days out of the 4 so far this week is a while. Guess you must have meant hours rather than days  👍

2 minutes ago, Victorian said:

I don't try to come across as a virologist or any other scientist.  I'm trying,  unsuccessfully,  to discuss this topic,  just like many others on this thread.  That's all.  Honestly do not understand this type of hostility about discussing opinions.

So if I had made a good point you should have discussed that rather than open the can of worms ? 

Victorian
1 minute ago, Dazo said:

So if I had made a good point you should have discussed that rather than open the can of worms ? 

You were having a pop Dazo.  The comfort blanket jibe,  etc.  Your point that I agreed with was secondary.  You opened the can of worms by having a go without provocation.  Now you're having a go about me trying to be a virologist,  etc.

I've tried to leave it be at that.  Maybe put the vendetta away and join in?

1 minute ago, Victorian said:

You were having a pop Dazo.  The comfort blanket jibe,  etc.  Your point that I agreed with was secondary.  You opened the can of worms by having a go without provocation.  Now you're having a go about me trying to be a virologist,  etc.

I've tried to leave it be at that.  Maybe put the vendetta away and join in?

People do need that comfort blanket though. On here and in the real world. You chose to take that as a pop. Why does the public need the daily stats ? Do people make their minds up each day on what they are doing that day depending on these figures ? I’m trying to get across and so should the media that we are now living with this. That’s means the stats should be kept for those that genuinely need them and unless things start to get completely out of control we need to move be on. 

Victorian
1 minute ago, Dazo said:

People do need that comfort blanket though. On here and in the real world. You chose to take that as a pop. Why does the public need the daily stats ? Do people make their minds up each day on what they are doing that day depending on these figures ? I’m trying to get across and so should the media that we are now living with this. That’s means the stats should be kept for those that genuinely need them and unless things start to get completely out of control we need to move be on. 

You're perfectly free to pay no attention to the stats.  People should be free to continue discussing it.  Another poster recently said something similar re the stats.  He said they should no longer be published.  I don't see it tbh.  People can choose to either keep an eye on them or ignore them.  Nobody is forcing anyone else to conform either way.  

We are all moving on.  With or without stats.  The way things are going,  it may well be that the stats become increasingly redundant.

5 minutes ago, Victorian said:

You're perfectly free to pay no attention to the stats.  People should be free to continue discussing it.  Another poster recently said something similar re the stats.  He said they should no longer be published.  I don't see it tbh.  People can choose to either keep an eye on them or ignore them.  Nobody is forcing anyone else to conform either way.  

We are all moving on.  With or without stats.  The way things are going,  it may well be that the stats become increasingly redundant.

That's all it is.