Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )

CJGJ

Bret the Hitman Hearts
1 hour ago, Boy Daniel said:

I’m not very happy about this having to isolate If someone in my house test positive and I have been triple vaccinated and had a negative PCR test. It’s making a mockery of being vaccinated and the PCR testing. 

The obvious solution is to not take any PCR tests

• Replies 107.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

16 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

You looking in the mirror again ? 

If I constantly post over reactionary nonsense, lies and flipflops then yes 👍🏻 

I think more restrictions are coming in January though not sure how they'll implement any. Extended use of vaccine passports looks likely/ reduced capacities with table service only for restaurants maybe, big drive on the boosters aswell. They are not driving up the level of fear for nothing. This thread ain't ending anytime soon 🤣

4 minutes ago, Alex Kintner said:

If I constantly post over reactionary nonsense, lies and flipflops then yes 👍🏻 

8FD13B4C-8C18-4775-94FD-7BBEAC125DE6.gif

SuperstarSteve
39 minutes ago, Dennis Denuto said:

If you look back up the thread you will see someone explain why this is needed. 

TBH I think it’s fair enough if they think there is some previous infection and vaccine immunity escape with Omicron. At least they’ve changed the rules on non-household close contacts for Omicron. 

Not isolating when required to is the best way we can spread this thing and keep us in restrictions for longer. 

I respect the fact we need to be cautious but I can’t see the logic in a whole household isolating regardless of being triple jabbed and a negative test.

If you are feeling unwell and test positive you should isolate. 

Fauci said in an interview anyone testing positive over a PCR cycle threshold of 35 and above it’s dead cells, they spread will be miniscule and they shouldn’t be in hospital but you need to ask for the threshold he said. 

So there will be healthy people isolating and losing wages depending on circumstances, as mentioned already on here. They will also be in hospital when they shouldn’t be and that certainly won’t help the NHS. (If they are following no released until negative test) 

If a positive test with a cycle threshold of 35 and over is dead cells and little to no risk. Where is the logic in Isolating people who are triple jabbed with a negative test? Surely they are zero risk? Healthy people not allowed to leave the house is something i just can’t agree with. 

I have mentioned earlier it’s the exact same rules for my family in Australia with the exception they take close contacts to camps regardless of vaccine or test status. At the moment we need to stay at home. 

The effect is similar though…Job losses. Hospital backlog, Economy crumbling, all for a virus that for the majority is a 99.7% survival rate? Ive been recently asking myself is this saving more people than we kill or is it vice versa? 

Answer… Vice versa. Right or wrong. Absolutely No logic in it. 

Just now, Alex Kintner said:

Ah the old “can’t argue with the point you’re making” gif 👍🏻

I think that gif is quite self explanatory 

6 minutes ago, SuperstarSteve said:

I respect the fact we need to be cautious but I can’t see the logic in a whole household isolating regardless of being triple jabbed and a negative test.

If you are feeling unwell and test positive you should isolate. 

Fauci said in an interview anyone testing positive over a PCR cycle threshold of 35 and above it’s dead cells, they spread will be miniscule and they shouldn’t be in hospital but you need to ask for the threshold he said. 

So there will be healthy people isolating and losing wages depending on circumstances, as mentioned already on here. They will also be in hospital when they shouldn’t be and that certainly won’t help the NHS. (If they are following no released until negative test) 

If a positive test with a cycle threshold of 35 and over is dead cells and little to no risk. Where is the logic in Isolating people who are triple jabbed with a negative test? Surely they are zero risk? Healthy people not allowed to leave the house is something i just can’t agree with. 

I have mentioned earlier it’s the exact same rules for my family in Australia with the exception they take close contacts to camps regardless of vaccine or test status. At the moment we need to stay at home. 

The effect is similar though…Job losses. Hospital backlog, Economy crumbling, all for a virus that for the majority is a 99.7% survival rate? Ive been recently asking myself is this saving more people than we kill or is it vice versa? 

Answer… Vice versa. Right or wrong. Absolutely No logic in it. 

👍

Edited by JamesM48

58 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

The last few pages have been a high water mark in the pantheon of point missing, not understanding how a virus works, selfishness and general levels of stupidity.

A tsunami of fuddery, if you like. 

Cheers Applause GIF

Just now, jonesy said:

Interesting that the BBC Africa page has nothing in its main stories about the Omicron variant. The only two Covid stories are about corruption in South Sudan and Ghana banning the unvaxxed from entering. Would have expected news of South African hospitals being overwhelmed to be making up the headlines.

S.A. hospitals are nowhere near being overwhelmed.  They continue to report fairly good news on severe illness.  It's a bit of a mixed picture there and some odd contradictions.  But currently there are reasonably encouraging signs from South Africa.

1 minute ago, jonesy said:

That's the odd part - why are so few 'good news' CV19 stories seen on the BBC (many folks' main info source in this country). Do they feel they have a duty to ensure rule/restriction compliance? (or, indeed, do the government(s) have their ear and ensure that they push a certain agenda?).

I've seen plenty of bits of reporting of the South Africa wave on the BBC site.  

5 minutes ago, jonesy said:

That's the odd part - why are so few 'good news' CV19 stories seen on the BBC (many folks' main info source in this country).

Do they feel they have a duty to ensure rule/restriction compliance? (or, indeed,

do the government(s) have their ear and ensure that they push a certain agenda?).

why are so few 'good news' .... what have they missed that you think they should be reporting on ? 

No.

Why would you  infer that ? 

2 minutes ago, jonesy said:

Fair enough. Was just browsing the Africa section for something work-related and was struck by Omicron's absence from any of the 17 stories on BBC News Africa's page.

It's no different on Sky. 

Just now, jonesy said:

Fair enough. Was just browsing the Africa section for something work-related and was struck by Omicron's absence from any of the 17 stories on BBC News Africa's page.

Those sub-pages maybe only feature main news articles related to Africa,  with anything covid related only appearing in the covid sub-page.  But you see plenty South Africa stuff on the covid page or the rolling live news links.

If any media organisation is ever going to resist being controlled or censored by a government,  damn right it will be the BBC.  Their entire ethos is puritanical neutrality and independence.  The idea they would be controlled by the gvt is ridiculous.  

Nucky Thompson

I think we can agree that most people are pissed off with governments and are not even the slightest bit scared of this virus anymore.

Getting the message over is going to be a lot harder after the shit that's coming out of Westminster about Christmas parties, even if you use stupid words like tsunami.

People won't wear masks because it's not enforceable, same with getting tested, or even isolating.

11 minutes ago, Victorian said:

If any media organisation is ever going to resist being controlled or censored by a government,  damn right it will be the BBC.  Their entire ethos is puritanical neutrality and independence.  The idea they would be controlled by the gvt is ridiculous.  

5AC3438E-8210-46DF-9F20-DE7A62F4297B.gif

9 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

I think we can agree that most people are pissed off with governments and are not even the slightest bit scared of this virus anymore.

Getting the message over is going to be a lot harder after the shit that's coming out of Westminster about Christmas parties, even if you use stupid words like tsunami.

People won't wear masks because it's not enforceable, same with getting tested, or even isolating.

Lots of people will still wear masks because it’s a tiny inconvenience and they’re happy to do the right thing. 

If you think the BBC would tolerate editorial influence from the government then you don't really understand the BBC and their ideology.

James disagreeing is the smoking gun of proof.  ;)

1 minute ago, Victorian said:

If you think the BBC would tolerate editorial influence from the government then you don't really understand the BBC and their ideology.

James disagreeing is the smoking gun of proof.  ;)

6A6F1EED-4BEA-4426-B762-2E56AB61DD12.gif

Nucky Thompson
1 minute ago, Alex Kintner said:

Lots of people will still wear masks because it’s a tiny inconvenience and they’re happy to do the right thing. 

Definitely, but compliance will drop if people think that they are being taken for mugs

Just now, Nucky Thompson said:

Definitely, but compliance will drop if people think that they are being taken for mugs

If? They have ! 

3 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

6A6F1EED-4BEA-4426-B762-2E56AB61DD12.gif

That's how I picture you spending half your time.  

Now,  if you would be good enough to post a sobbing gif we would have the full picture.

1 hour ago, JamesM48 said:

People have already say deck it . People also get wide to not getting tested too as is just gives her more ammo . 

Yes that’s the saving grace just now . But she’s still trying to shake that his magic money tree . Wee beggar she is 

I know . I wonder why it isn’t ? Hhhhjm sadly there will be zero humility from sons on this if the numbers aren’t off the scale in the next few weeks. Almost like they are hoping for it . Just to prove a point 

Really?

That’s what you think of the people who have the decency (and, god knows, the patience) to indulge you in this thread?

I suppose I can look forward to another fatuous gif.

10 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Maybe but think most people are just in the habit of making that wee sacrifice now so won’t be affected as much as other restrictions will.

1 minute ago, FWJ said:

Really?

That’s what you think of the people who have the decency (and, god knows, the patience) to indulge you in this thread?

Don’t waste your time or energy. Baldrick Lickspittle hasn’t had an original thought in his life. He’s a walking social media echo chamber.

16 minutes ago, Victorian said:

That's how I picture you spending half your time.  

Now,  if you would be good enough to post a sobbing gif we would have the full picture.

No far off the mark actually 😂

0F927D4F-8E19-4C1A-B616-F3EA7806299C.gif

11 minutes ago, FWJ said:

Really?

If that’s “ indulging “ me ? Please stop 🛑 😎

10 minutes ago, Alex Kintner said:

Don’t waste your time or energy. Baldrick Lickspittle hasn’t had an original thought in his life. He’s a walking social media echo chamber.

And you are a walking talking virtual signalling , woke , condescending and patronising  know it all . In fact a cliche of a middle aged “right on “ person . A stereotype . Ironically lacking any  original thought it your life but getting them from your  next training course . A parody . Goodnight 

1F3498AD-654E-4BC6-AB8C-E4E3FEF67474.gif

57 minutes ago, jonesy said:

Yip. As one SA expert opined last week, the Omicron variant wasn't a big crisis "until the UK found out about it".

The use of words like "tsunami" by a politician is irresponsible in the extreme.

3 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

And you are a walking talking virtual signalling , woke , condescending and patronising  know it all . In fact a cliche of a middle aged “right on “ person . A stereotype . Ironically lacking any  original thought it your life but getting them from your  next training course . A parody . Goodnight 

The ability to be a cliche, stereotype and parody at the same time is quite the skill. 

:jjyay:

1 hour ago, jonesy said:

By contrast, the Independent has several stories related to the huge increase in infections and the mild symptoms. Is that a problem for you, because I'm struggling to see the point of your questions. 

Has the Beeb become very tabloid (only looking for sensationalist headlines)?  Has it ? 

Rupert Pupkin
14 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Yip. As one SA expert opined last week, the Omicron variant wasn't a big crisis "until the UK found out about it".

The use of words like "tsunami" by a politician is irresponsible in the extreme.

And just in time for Christmas..😂😂😂

Covid 2 the Sequel.... “Omicron -Deadlier Than Deadly”

No1 Christmas Blockbuster 

Edited by Rupert Pupkin

11 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

"I've said all I'm going to say" ..... if only. 

1 minute ago, jonesy said:

She should be ashamed of herself. I spoke to someone from Sri Lanka the other day who lost family members in 2004 - she was still shaken up when talking about it. Stuff like that is little better than the - thankfully now less frequent - use of the word 'holocaust' to describe a bad performance in a football match.

Deary me, the outrage. 

2 minutes ago, jonesy said:

She should be ashamed of herself. I spoke to someone from Sri Lanka the other day who lost family members in 2004 - she was still shaken up when talking about it. Stuff like that is little better than the - thankfully now less frequent - use of the word 'holocaust' to describe a bad performance in a football match.

She has no shame . 

12 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

Deary me, the outrage. 

Yes, compared to the outrage about the gathering in Downing St, fully 12mths ago.😳

The use of the word "tsunami" was morally and ethically reprehensible.

27 minutes ago, Alex Kintner said:

Folk losing their shit over the choice of a word. Sturgeon totally living rent free in so many heads 😂

It's absolutely pathetic.

41 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Yes, compared to the outrage about the gathering in Downing St, fully 12mths ago.😳

The use of the word "tsunami" was morally and ethically reprehensible.

Only in your world. 

6 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

It's absolutely pathetic.

This thread is the gift that just keeps on giving and James is the superfluous stick-on bow. 🤣

1 minute ago, Alex Kintner said:

This thread is the gift that just keeps on giving and James is the superfluous stick-on bow. 🤣

I've blocked him but have looked in  occasionally when I can see he's spamming up the thread. Frankly, he's not in the least amusing (to me) , he's tedious, petty & insulting but smart enough to never do anyting that will get him banned from the thread - so we have to put up with his ranting & raving.

But, yeah, he certainly keeps on "giving".  

44 minutes ago, Alex Kintner said:

Folk losing their shit over the choice of a word. Sturgeon totally living rent free in so many heads 😂

You should know with your  extensive knowledge of domestic violence that some words can have a shattering and damaging impact on some people. They can be used in so many negative ways to perpetuate abuse . She knew exactly why she used that word yesterday . It was to create fear and anxiety . It was abusive .  

1 hour ago, jonesy said:

She should be ashamed of herself for saying tsunami?

Testicles old chap

6 minutes ago, Smithee said:

She should be ashamed of herself for saying tsunami?

Testicles old chap

It isn't though. He might have been a tad OTT but so was Sturgeon  

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )
  • JKBMod 12 featured, locked, unlocked and unfeatured this topic