Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )

CJGJ

3 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

One case? It is getting beyond farcical.

True story without a word of a lie, I know that one case and they did not have a clue they had it they ended up getting a PCR quite randomly and were amazed when it came back positive.

Edited by steve123

• Replies 107.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Is it worth pointing out that not all cases go through full sequencing and that revealed omicron figures do not include the yet to be confirmed,  almost certain 'S gene dropout' pcr test results.  13.3% of 3,000 yesterday?  2.5 day doubling rate.

Let's see no evil,  hear no evil until it's chewing on our arse though.

Ainsley Harriott
11 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Another one Omicron case detected in Scotland today.

Is Sturgeon getting her modelling advice from the Scottish Neil Ferguson 

Her knickers get damper with every case

Seymour M Hersh
1 hour ago, luckydug said:

I was talking about your personal life. 

I would never condone homophobia. 

Unluckydug furiously back peddling.

Francis Albert
1 minute ago, Victorian said:

You said you have encountered warnings of huge numbers of infections.  Marvelous.  This time the forecasts dwarf those infections.  By a magnitude.  Therefore what you encounted is not comparable to these forecasts.

You wont face it unless you see it.  I get that.  

We have had forecasts of huge numbers of infections hospitalisations and deaths for nearly two years. Many if not most of them proved to be wildly inaccurate. Not that they were really forecasts but just  outputs of computer modelling dependent on the inputs. Now seemingly forecasts dwarf those previous forecasts. Maybe this tme they will.be right. But yes I will believe it when I see it. 

manaliveits105
15 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Der Chef Mami knows best 

Nucky Thompson
1 minute ago, Victorian said:

Is it worth pointing out that not all cases go through full sequencing and that revealed omicron figures do not include the yet to be confirmed,  almost certain 'S gene dropout' pcr test results.  13.3% of 3,000 yesterday?  2.5 day doubling rate.

Let's see no evil,  hear no evil until it's chewing on our arse though.

I thought the 'S' gene dropout wasn't 100% sure that it's omicron.

You would have thought that we would have found more than 2 cases in 2 days when we are now hunting for it

7 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

We have had forecasts of huge numbers of infections hospitalisations and deaths for nearly two years. Many if not most of them proved to be wildly inaccurate. Not that they were really forecasts but just  outputs of computer modelling dependent on the inputs. Now seemingly forecasts dwarf those previous forecasts. Maybe this tme they will.be right. But yes I will believe it when I see it. 

Indeed.  But you're not prepared to face it that these forecasts are,  by a magnitude,  over the horizon in excess of pervious waves.

The problem is numbers absent from work.  The clinical problem is there as well but it's arguably secondary.  

The solution is to be forced to let it rip and close our eyes to the clinical picture.  One good part is that it will be a short wave.

Edited by Victorian

joondalupjambo

If this new variant rips through in the numbers forecast then the country will grind to a halt unless of course those infected go to work.  The reality as ever is that the lower paid in society are the ones who will both get it and are working in the sector's we need the most to tick over e.g. retail, transport, hospitality etc.  If there is mass infection, and still no increase in basic sick pay then these workers choose between staying at home with next to nothing to survive on and having to work while infected. 

Meanwhile Giles the IT project manager and Lucy the blogger for a consultancy firm sit in their house on full pay until they are safe to get back to the wine bar, their ponies and the golf club.  It is ok though Giles and Lucy probably tick the correct box on the voting form, so all good and wee Rushie will look after them.

Where is Jeremy when you need him😄 

3 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

I thought the 'S' gene dropout wasn't 100% sure that it's omicron.

You would have thought that we would have found more than 2 cases in 2 days when we are now hunting for it

There was some data earlier or yesterday.  I think the S gene dropout is as near to confirmed omicron as is possible.  

1 minute ago, joondalupjambo said:

If this new variant rips through in the numbers forecast then the country will grind to a halt unless of course those infected go to work.  The reality as ever is that the lower paid in society are the ones who will both get it and are working in the sector's we need the most to tick over e.g. retail, transport, hospitality etc.  If there is mass infection, and still no increase in basic sick pay then these workers choose between staying at home with next to nothing to survive on and having to work while infected. 

Meanwhile Giles the IT project manager and Lucy the blogger for a consultancy firm sit in their house on full pay until they are safe to get back to the wine bar, their ponies and the golf club.  It is ok though Giles and Lucy probably tick the correct box on the voting form, so all good and wee Rushie will look after them.

A guy with his eyes open.

Seymour M Hersh
22 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

This guy possibly. Dr Nick Phin.

IIZOE2XFY5RWZT8GHH0X.jpg

Francis Albert
3 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Indeed.  But you're not prepared to face it that these forecasts are,  by a magnitude,  over the horizon in excess of pervious waves.

The problem is numbers absent from work.  The clinical problem is there as well but it's arguably secondary.  

The solution is to be forced to let it rip and close our eyes to the clinical pi.cture.  One good part is that it will be a short wave.

I think in the post you quoted I acknowledged that the forecasts are in your words "over the horizon". I accept that like all previous forecasts that is what the forecasts/computer models say.

I think in the post you quoted I acknowledged that the forecasts are in your words "over the horizon". I accept that like all previous forecasts that is what the forecasts/computer models say.

These forecasts have been presented with a markedly increased degree of confidence.  Backed up to some extent by the picture in S.A. and various lab research.  

But ok,  the proof will be in the viewing.

Edited by Victorian

Nucky Thompson
2 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

A "tsunami" of cases? FFS.🤣🤣🤣

It's more like a fart just now, a silent one at that 

17 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Exactly.  Let's wait for the 100k cases we were told would occur when hospitality opened back in July before we listen to the same chinless wonders predicting 200k.

Meanwhile,  hospital numbeea continue to fall and no-one has died of/with Omicron, as far as we know.

Just to confirm: my work night out goes ahead as planned.  Even going to a 60th tomorrow.👍

Francis Albert
2 minutes ago, Victorian said:

These forecasts have been presented with a markedly increased degree of confidence.  Backed up to some extent by the picture in S.A. and various lab research.  

But ok,  the proof will be in the viewing.

I would be more impressed by a markedly increased degree of accuracy than of confidence.

Just now, Francis Albert said:

I would be more impressed by a markedly increased degree of accuracy than of confidence.

Hopefully not accuracy in actual fact.  Let's hope this is most inaccurate.

Francis Albert
9 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Hopefully not accuracy in actual fact.  Let's hope this is most inaccurate.

Of course. But wildly inaccurate "forecasts" do have very serious consequences. If not seemingly for the forecasters.

Edited by Francis Albert

Of course. But wildly inaccurate "forecasts" do have very serious consequences. If not for the forecasters.

Yeah.  If this ends up wrong then something fairly serious has gone wrong with the forecasting or basic science.  There probably should be some consequences for anyone at fault.  If this goes well,  everything willing,  nobody anywhere will believe a thing told to them.

Edited by Victorian

James is boring and predictable now, I tend to just scroll past as most of the time it's the same old meltdown with some gifs.

Herbert on the other hand...  👀

1 hour ago, Herbert said:

Don't go off topic of jamming things up bums please. We will get back to you wanting all the unvaxed locked up in camps later.

Fabulous 😂

44 minutes ago, joondalupjambo said:

Nailed it, throughout!

7 minutes ago, kila said:

James is boring and predictable now, I tend to just scroll past as most of the time it's the same old meltdown with some gifs.

Yet here you are talking about him so he must be doing something right.

11 minutes ago, Savage Vince said:

Speak for yourself you tragic mess. 

Ooooft what a response. Well done 👏 

Francis Albert
6 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Yeah.  If this ends up wrong then something fairly serious has gone wrong with the forecasting or basic science.  There probably should be some consequences for anyone at fault.  If this goes well,  everything willing,  nobody anywhere will believe a thing told to them.

I am not sure about basic science. There is a huge range of scientific views. Computer modellers seem to have had a disproportionate influence. Especially those making themselves available to the media.

Over a decade ago businesses were convinced by risk management computer modellers that a financial collapse could not happen . Then came 2008. The problem was none of the senior managers making decisions understood what the risk management people did. I doubt many making decisions about Covid really know  about "the science"and its limitations but use it as a crutch to lean on.

1 minute ago, Francis Albert said:

I am not sure about basic science. There is a huge range of scientific views. Computer modellers seem to have had a disproportionate influence. Especially those making themselves available to the media.

Over a decade ago businesses were convinced by risk management computer modellers that a financial collapse could not happen . Then came 2008. The problem was none of the senior managers making decisions understood what the risk management people did. I doubt many making decisions about Covid really know  about "the science"and its limitations but use it as a crutch to lean on.

We'll find out and quite quickly.  I'll be more than happy to join you in outright condemnation of whoever got it wrong.  This would be the mother of all false alarms and it will be really damaging for credibility.

Just now, jonnothejambo said:

Was the use of the word 'Tsunami' a wise move on the FM's part?

No.  Not for her personally.  She's on a complete no-win.  She'll know that herself.

14 minutes ago, ArcticJambo said:

Nailed it, throughout!

Problem is I am now a close case after being in a car with someone that has tested positive for Omnicron, we actually went to get tested because I was coughing all day never in a million years did we think he had it.

My point being it is clearly not always obvious you have it, he had been at a Christmas night out on the Saturday with huge crowds so is not that much of a surprise but there were no symptoms.

Edited by steve123

Your straight friends may not be so straight if they are into that, Maybe in denial about being bi or think they are straight because they aren't attracted to men. But you not need to be attracted to someone to have sex with them. I was married to a pig for long enough I should know.

They say they are straight so that’s fine with me . You do know that anal sex isn’t exclusively a gay thang ? And in fact many gay people do not perform this ? We don’t need to replicate penetrative sex to orgasm . 😂 I certainly wouldn’t have sex with someone I wasn’t attracted to? Surely that’s the whole point ? 

1 hour ago, manaliveits105 said:

If turns out to be mild and no deaths hopefully Jimmy Krankie will do the right thing and resign 

win win 

Highly unlikely . She has no humility 

The supply chain is ****ed because of lack of drivers which is having a knock on effect in shops. Any empty shelves will be caused by drivers leaving the industry thus leaving goods in hubs. The hospitals have seemingly been short of nurses for years and with the upcoming sackings it's going to get worse but the NHS are shooting themselves in the foot with that one. Can people in important offices work remotely anyway which wouldn't really change much. All of these problems apart from the office one would be here without covid. Covid is being used to scare people into believing its worse then it actually is.

The obvious answer is that those maybe exposed to those who have covid and have double jabbed triple jabbed do not self isolate . She’s at it . She’s deliberately cAusimg misery for people just to Score political points . Following the science my arse 

Get real the arsehole will never resign, She wants to be seen as someone important in global politics hence her going all out for selfies at the climate conference. Scotland is a backwater. No one really cares about us were just somewhere nice to visit on holiday and trace some family from 500years ago. Its a confusing time for politics because you don't know who you should concentrate your rage on. It liars in Hollyrood or the liars in London.

She’s a nobody with delusions of grandeur on the international stage . Wish she would just bolt to that job with climate change of the UN or something wishy washy . 

She had more than salad on her finger when it came out.

It’s called a “ toffee apple “ in the h world 😎😂

1 hour ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Omg 

58 minutes ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

Her knickers get damper with every case

Yuck 

56 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Unluckydug furiously back peddling.

Yes im not daft I saw what he did 

50 minutes ago, joondalupjambo said:

39 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

A "tsunami" of cases? FFS.🤣🤣🤣

She’s a drama queen 

36 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

It's more like a fart just now, a silent one at that 

Lol 

34 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Exactly.  Let's wait for the 100k cases we were told would occur when hospitality opened back in July before we listen to the same chinless wonders predicting 200k.

Meanwhile,  hospital numbeea continue to fall and no-one has died of/with Omicron, as far as we know.

Just to confirm: my work night out goes ahead as planned.  Even going to a 60th tomorrow.👍

Have a great weekend 👍

21 minutes ago, Victorian said:

47619392-12CC-4485-9DE8-08D46AA72B69.gif

What's tickling me right now is the growing murmer of discontent, At the start of covid people were willing to do what ever to get back to normal. Anyone that spoke out was just a conspiracy theorist and a loon. They called out the government lies at the time and have been not far off the mark with alot of things that are happening around the world. Now normal people are waking up to it and the ones caught up in the msm/government fear campaign are the ones looking silly. How can you trust a government that blatantly lies to you time and time again? How can they not see the covid restrictions are more damaging to the population than covid? Australia has covid camps would you want them here, were ment to be a free country but were run by 2 ****ing clowns.

22 minutes ago, kila said:

831E4D54-4449-4FA2-9302-A0890797E822.gif

2 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

They say they are straight so that’s fine with me . You do know that anal sex isn’t exclusively a gay thang ? And in fact many gay people do not perform this ? We don’t need to replicate penetrative sex to orgasm . 😂 I certainly wouldn’t have sex with someone I wasn’t attracted to? Surely that’s the whole point ? 

Highly unlikely . She has no humility 

The obvious answer is that those maybe exposed to those who have covid and have double jabbed triple jabbed do not self isolate . She’s at it . She’s deliberately cAusimg misery for people just to Score political points . Following the science my arse 

She’s a nobody with delusions of grandeur on the international stage . Wish she would just bolt to that job with climate change of the UN or something wishy washy . 

It’s called a “ toffee apple “ in the h world 😎😂

Omg 

Yuck 

Yes im not daft I saw what he did 

She’s a drama queen 

Lol 

Have a great weekend 👍

47619392-12CC-4485-9DE8-08D46AA72B69.gif

You've obviously never got to a club late on and need to find someone to pump sharpish, attraction doesn't come into it 😂 

27 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

Was the use of the word 'Tsunami' a wise move on the FM's part?

Just looked on on her own twitter and she’s getting it tight even from her own supporters after today’s statements 

Francis Albert
32 minutes ago, Victorian said:

We'll find out and quite quickly.  I'll be more than happy to join you in outright condemnation of whoever got it wrong.  This would be the mother of all false alarms and it will be really damaging for credibility.

I would not blame the scientists except to the extent  that some of them seem to have grabbed an opportunity for self promotion and publicity that probably comes around once in a lifetime in their  world. But few if any in politics or the media have had the ability or will to critically challenge or question them. Instead they are used for a headline or an excuse.

I mean who would imagine for examle that Boris could critically evaluate and question scientific advice?

Edited by Francis Albert

manaliveits105
9 minutes ago, theshed said:

Just looked on on her own twitter and she’s getting it tight even from her own supporters after today’s statements 

splendid 

Malinga the Swinga
1 hour ago, Victorian said:

If it turns out modellers are wrong, they won't face consequences. They will simply come up with excuse.

Ferguson has been consistently wrong, but is still carrying on regardless.

23 minutes ago, theshed said:

Good . 

3 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

If it turns out modellers are wrong, they won't face consequences. They will simply come up with excuse.

Ferguson has been consistently wrong, but is still carrying on regardless.

They will be roasted this time.  Absolutely eviscerated.  This would represent the straw that broke the camel's back regarding scientific predictions affecting people.  There will probably be a bit of a barney between the scientific advisors and the governments as well.  

This will play out quickly.  The predictions involve it happening quickly.  No hiding place for anyone who's either culpable for dodgy warnings and no hiding place for anyone in denial of what may occur.  

2 minutes ago, Victorian said:

They will be roasted this time.  Absolutely eviscerated.  This would represent the straw that broke the camel's back regarding scientific predictions affecting people.  There will probably be a bit of a barney between the scientific advisors and the governments as well.  

This will play out quickly.  The predictions involve it happening quickly.  No hiding place for anyone who's either culpable for dodgy warnings and no hiding place for anyone in denial of what may occur.  

👍

God help us when the first person dies from omicron as will be breaking news and be main headline 

Meanwhile probably over 100 people will die of cancer the same day 

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )
  • JKBMod 12 featured, locked, unlocked and unfeatured this topic