Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )

CJGJ

6 minutes ago, FWJ said:

Like the one last night where he called people who approved of and followed the regulations ‘morons’ and ‘half wits’?

But yes, reminding him of previous posts - some only a couple of days old - is ‘tragic behaviour’.

Not at all judgemental.

He’s already outright lied today. Have decided to be kind and spare his blushes. 👍🏻

• Replies 107.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Seymour M Hersh
3 minutes ago, Alex Kintner said:

A highly transmissible variant with an R number between 2-3 leading to lots of employees self-isolating. There’s already an A&E dept toiling after a load of the staff caught it on a night out.

What’s your plan?

Keep calm, carry on and stop stop shitting your pants every time a new strain appears. WHO announce zero deaths from the Xi variant (to give it it's correct title) and mild symptoms. Would everyone with a seasonal head cold also self isolate in your world because colds transmit pretty easily? 

2 hours ago, Ray Gin said:

Yes. Just urging people to test before going out, and avoid work parties to try and prevent entire workplaces having to isolate.

Good advice, Avoid work Xmas parties. You don't want to catch something from people you work with and take it into work where you could infect the people you work with.

1 minute ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Keep calm, carry on and stop stop shitting your pants every time a new strain appears. WHO announce zero deaths from the Xi variant (to give it it's correct title) and mild symptoms. Would everyone with a seasonal head cold also self isolate in your world because colds transmit pretty easily? 

Is your plan then that people don’t self-isolate when they are awaiting test results or if they test positive. They just carry on normal?

At least that would be a strategy and fair play to you for stating an alternative one unlike other posters 👍🏻

1 minute ago, Herbert said:

Good advice, Avoid work Xmas parties. You don't want to catch something from people you work with and take it into work where you could infect the people you work with.

:wow:

Herbie rides again with an absolute belter😂

1 hour ago, Ray Gin said:

A certificate signed by the First Minister.

No thanks 

39 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Hi Elsie. 

Lol 

22 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

What impact? 

I know . 

6 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Exactly . Glad to see some sense on this thread . What happened to personal  risk assessment ? 

1 hour ago, Alex Kintner said:

That’s your solution to the health impacts.

What’s your solution to the employment impacts?Inevitable staff shortages in key sectors which are already starting in hospitals and transport?

Yes there will certainly be a few staff shortages soon in the nhs  when “ the unvaccinated “ staff  are sacked . Now that’s not exactly sensible really . Your far far too risk averse . A serious question what were you like pre covid regarding risk ? 

The Real Maroonblood
1 hour ago, Ray Gin said:

James is absolutely in his element. Great opportunity to get that post count for the thread up to 7000.

This.

We need to carry on as normal . Minimal risks to the vast majority of the population . Living life in fear of the day you might never see is not a life . Some people have just forgotten that life is about personal risk every day . Unfortunately they need to comfort blanket of Govt to shield them 

taking Nucky advice and swallowing a few pints tonight ! Living life not living in fear . it’s the weekend take s chill pill , smoke a funny fag , have a drink whatever floats your boat 

Dennis Denuto
Just now, JamesM48 said:

We need to carry on as normal . Minimal risks to the vast majority of the population . Living life in fear of the day you might never see is not a life . Some people have just forgotten that life is about personal risk every day . Unfortunately they need to comfort blanket of Govt to shield them 

taking Nucky advice and swallowing a few pints tonight ! Living life not living in fear . it’s the weekend take s chill pill , smoke a funny fag , have a drink whatever floats your boat 

Maybe you should have actually watched Nicola today or listened to the Radio this morning when Jason was on, there isn't any new restrictions today, if anything it is slight easing.

Just make sure you take a LFT before you go out to play James

17 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Sometimes that’s the right thing to do depending on circumstance.  My job used to take me into nursing homes.  If I had a cold I didn’t go - mild for me but potentially very risky for the frail or elderly.

So your double jagged plus a booster, test negative as well but still can’t go out the house for 10 days if someone in house has it.

So there will be people having to stay at home and not be able to work for 10 days when nothing wrong with them.....crazy 

People will seriously think what’s the point of the booster if I have to stay in the house anyway so no point in getting the booster 

Francis Albert
25 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

I may have missed it but has anyone died from Omicron variant. In the UK or even in the world?

Edited by Francis Albert

Rupert Pupkin
7 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Careful now... OMICRON is out there waiting for ya.. I heard it presents Hangover like symptoms... 

10 days isolation for you..😂😂😂😂

Edited by Rupert Pupkin

Francis Albert
3 minutes ago, FWJ said:

Sometimes that’s the right thing to do depending on circumstance.  My job used to take me into nursing homes.  If I had a cold I didn’t go - mild for me but potentially very risky for the frail or elderly.

To be brutal they have to die of something. If I was  a long term inmate of a nursing home I would welcome death by common cold.

16 minutes ago, Alex Kintner said:

:wow:

Herbie rides again with an absolute belter😂

If you work 5days a week with people then your at no more risk than you are at your work. My works Xmas party is being held in a venue that is wanting proof of at least 1 jab. So some can't go for a meal and drinks but can sit next to the same people the very next day and have lunch. Belter right enough.

Dennis Denuto
10 minutes ago, theshed said:

So your double jagged plus a booster, test negative as well but still can’t go out the house for 10 days if someone in house has it.

So there will be people having to stay at home and not be able to work for 10 days when nothing wrong with them.....crazy 

People will seriously think what’s the point of the booster if I have to stay in the house anyway so no point in getting the booster 

Apart from taking the booster to help prevent you getting sick.

It is far better than have to isolate if you are just a close contact of someone as it used to be and has been with Omicron until today - remember it will be the only show in town by next week anyway.

5 minutes ago, Herbert said:

I'm beginning to think your gay.

Is it the fact the he's an openly gay man that gave it away? 

8 minutes ago, theshed said:

My missus tested positive the Wednesday before the derby and I got a negative PCR result on the Thursday. On the Sunday morning I didn't have any symptoms, but had already decided that I wouldn't go to be on the safe side. Which is just as well, as on the Monday as the day went on I started to fell unwell. Went and got another PCR test at 6.30 that night, came back positive the next day.

The rules had allowed me to go to the game, but if I had, I would possibly have infected numerous people that day on the train/in the pub/in the stadium. My Dad(who's pushing 70) and my Dad's mate, (who was going away on holiday to Spain 6 days later would most probably have got it too, leading to him having to cancel his holiday)

1 minute ago, Norm said:

I was making a joke about the gif he posted. I did know he was gay. 

41 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Yes there will certainly be a few staff shortages soon in the nhs  when “ the unvaccinated “ staff  are sacked . Now that’s not exactly sensible really . Your far far too risk averse . A serious question what were you like pre covid regarding risk ? 

I bleached my groceries and had to be dragged kicking and screaming to Aldi 👍🏻

Francis Albert
39 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

I may have missed it but has anyone died from Omicron variant. In the UK or even in the world?

Must admit when I posted I expected to be shot down in flames. Anyone? Anywhere?

40 minutes ago, Herbert said:

If you work 5days a week with people then your at no more risk than you are at your work. My works Xmas party is being held in a venue that is wanting proof of at least 1 jab. So some can't go for a meal and drinks but can sit next to the same people the very next day and have lunch. Belter right enough.

You do realise the issue isn’t the staff catching it from each other on the night out right?

Just now, Alex Kintner said:

You do realise the issue isn’t the staff catching it from each other on the night out right?

What's the issue then?

Malinga the Swinga
6 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Must admit when I posted I expected to be shot down in flames. Anyone? Anywhere?

I'll have a go at answering.

No, no recorded deaths from this variant, but so the reasoning goes, they haven't had time to analyse data, so could still be to come.

1 hour ago, Alex Kintner said:

Stop the staff all getting together for a Christmas night out would be fairly high on my list 👍🏻

18,000 people at Tynie = fine

30 folk in a function suite = reckless

Are you a tad special AK?

23 minutes ago, Alex Kintner said:

I bleached my groceries and had to be dragged kicking and screaming to Aldi 👍🏻

Aldis ? Darling it’s Waitrose all the way for me ! 

9FB35B35-5B93-464B-B9A6-3551F2B70B46.gif

13 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

None 👍

40 minutes ago, Herbert said:

I was making a joke about the gif he posted. I did know he was gay. 

😎😎

43 minutes ago, Norm said:

“ openly “ gay ! What age are you 😂😂

8AF59889-D30C-41E0-B1C6-3ABA9F93857C.gif

6 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

18,000 people at Tynie = fine

30 folk in a function suite = reckless

Are you a tad special AK?

Don't confuse special and gullible. Although I may be wrong.

4 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Aldis ? Darling it’s Waitrose all the way for me ! 

9FB35B35-5B93-464B-B9A6-3551F2B70B46.gif

Ok, sweep results are in. Who had 16:51 for James’ first post from the pub?

Francis Albert
58 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

To be brutal they have to die of something. If I was  a long term inmate of a nursing home I would welcome death by common cold.

I know quoting myself Is wrong. But by far the most horrifying images in the coverage of the pandemic have been of inmates of care homes dancing with their carers. Covid or whatever please spare me that. 

15 minutes ago, Herbert said:

What's the issue then?

You’re lucky I have two very young children and are thus adept at spoonfeeding 👍🏻

Ten nurses all go on their Christmas night out to Venue X. Other guests at Venue X are carrying Omicron and pass it on to some or all of the nurses. Ten nurses missing from the ward for between 2-10 days. 

4 minutes ago, Herbert said:

You mentioned grinder last night I expect your open 24/7.

No I have to sleep sometimes 👍

5 minutes ago, Alex Kintner said:

Ok, sweep results are in. Who had 16:51 for James’ first post from the pub?

Pub at 451 ? Never . I try not to sit in any pub until after 7 in the evening . It’s more civilised time . 

2 minutes ago, Alex Kintner said:

You’re lucky I have two very young children and are thus adept at spoonfeeding 👍🏻

Ten nurses all go on their Christmas night out to Venue X. Other guests at Venue X are carrying Omicron and pass it on to some or all of the nurses. Ten nurses missing from the ward for between 2-10 days. 

But won't those nurses come into contact with omicron at work?

1 minute ago, Herbert said:

I think that there's a chance that they may not have been wearing full PPE on their night out, i suppose.

Francis Albert
15 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

I'll have a go at answering.

No, no recorded deaths from this variant, but so the reasoning goes, they haven't had time to analyse data, so could still be to come.

The variant has apparently been around even here in the UK  since October. 

Could of course. Favourite word of the experts queuing up to get onto any media they can.

4 minutes ago, Herbert said:

Reported for homophobia 

I can have a good bit of banter. I dint mind being ribbed . I can give and take 😎 hardly experienced any direct homophobia on this forum which is nice . Certainly some undercurrents at times though . There was a view that I was a woman hater , espoused by a few . I found that homophobic and upsetting . But thinks are going in thd right direction with equality and respect for minorities. I’ve always been around straight men anyway . I’m not a “ gay ghetto queen” I have a wide variety of people in my orbit . 

2 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

No I have to sleep sometimes 👍

Serious question you know when a woman shags about she's a slag and when a man does it he's a legend, do gay men have that kind of thing for tops and bottoms?

2 minutes ago, Herbert said:

While they’re fully PPE-ed up? Probably.

Is the level of risk to the ward/transport system/SW office any way near them all heading out to the same venue on a night out? Not even close.

Just now, Herbert said:

Serious question you know when a woman shags about she's a slag and when a man does it he's a legend, do gay men have that kind of thing for tops and bottoms?

Yes “ bottoms “ are looked down on by “tops “ in more ways than one 😂😎but I suppose someone has to do it 

2 minutes ago, TheDogWithTheShiftyEyes said:

I think that there's a chance that they may not have been wearing full PPE on their night out, i suppose.

Do they wear full PPE on breaks? I see hospital staff all huddled around smoking shelters everytime I go through a hospital.

2 minutes ago, TheDogWithTheShiftyEyes said:

:jjyay:

6 minutes ago, Herbert said:

Yes . Let’s ban NHS staff from nights out then ? That would solve some of the issue ! 😂

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )
  • JKBMod 12 featured, locked, unlocked and unfeatured this topic