Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 minute ago, NANOJAMBO said:

This is easy reading & very informative.

The point about two different viruses potentially hitting at the same time is something that hadn't occurred to me before. 

It’s been happening since March 2020 Sturgeon v Johnson ! 

8 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

But if it’s mild to nowt how would it cause any strain to the NHS ? People. Can just go to their local chemist and get paracetamol 

Why do people always hear what they want to hear and cling to that unthinkingly ?

The Omicron mutation is still relatively unknown, there's no long term data for it. It's far from certain it's less severe.

How many times does this need to be said ? 

Just now, Ainsley Harriott said:

In a nutshell everyone is talking shite, public, politicians, WHO, Kickback etc

😂😂😂

Dennis Denuto
11 minutes ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

I can't believe any sensible adult actually takes Nicola Sturgeon, her media updates and restrictions seriously anymore 

I can't believe any sensible adult doesn't take them seriously, they have the potential to have a huge impact on our daily lives and at very short notice

Just now, Ainsley Harriott said:

In a nutshell everyone is talking shite, public, politicians, WHO, Kickback etc

No. Only the ones who are talking in certainties.

I've only seen people doing this on social media and kickback. Not WHO or politicians.

Just now, NANOJAMBO said:

Why do people always hear what they want to hear and cling to that unthinkingly ?

The Omicron mutation is still relatively unknown, there's no long term data for it. It's far from certain it's less severe.

How many times does this need to be said ? 

So every time there is a bee variant we shut up shop ? Is that really an effective strategy . ? Really ? 

4 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

This is easy reading & very informative.

The point about two different viruses potentially hitting at the same time is something that hadn't occurred to me before. 

Intetesting.  This is something akin to what's called genetic diversity.  Genetic diversity proves nothing for certain but it is worried about.

1 minute ago, JamesM48 said:

So every time there is a bee variant we shut up shop ? Is that really an effective strategy . ? Really ? 

Here we go again.

Ignore what a poster actually said in response to a "point" you made  and wander off talking about lockdowns as a comfort blanket.

2 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Intetesting.  This is something akin to what's called genetic diversity.  Genetic diversity proves nothing for certain but it is worried about.

The "R2" rate is what surprised/shocked me , although I'm not expecting the usual talking heads on here to grasp the significance of that as they mutter about death rates "only" being "x" and hospital admissions are falling. 

But , yes, worrying. 

Dagger Is Back
4 hours ago, Dagger Is Back said:

Am I reading this correctly? You’re a moron and a half wit if you follow restriction orders?

Who should be strung up exactly?

@JamesM48

It’s like waiting in an Argos store waiting for your number to come up 🤣

Any chance of replying to my questions in the near future? 

1 minute ago, Lord BJ said:

Got booster this morning at Ingilston, the queues were massive. Probably, took over a hour to got through the process and I didn’t wait after. Got flu jab for the first time ever, due to the bairn, just got both in one arm. Process was all very smooth. My third vaccine  status has also appeared on the system. My wife had her booster about 6 weeks ago and still nothing on hers🤷🏻‍♂️

I don’t think we will see any increased restrictions this afternoon, more an update on ‘thinking’ and urging increased ‘caution’. 

The route out of COVID was always going to have bumps, but by in large, the plan is still on target. Vaccinate to live our life’s and it appears to be working, even if omicron sets things back a bit (I’m personally optimistic we’ll get through with out too much regression along the exit strategy) it will only be temporary. Hopefully, the incoming data gives us the reassurance govts are looking for.  We really do need to get the rest of the world jabbed up and imo need to bump that up our agenda. 

The long queue this morning did give me a chance to catch up on this thread. :rofl:

Good post.  

3 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

Got booster this morning at Ingilston, the queues were massive. Probably, took over a hour to got through the process and I didn’t wait after. Got flu jab for the first time ever, due to the bairn, just got both in one arm. Process was all very smooth. My third vaccine  status has also appeared on the system. My wife had her booster about 6 weeks ago and still nothing on hers🤷🏻‍♂️

I don’t think we will see any increased restrictions this afternoon, more an update on ‘thinking’ and urging increased ‘caution’. 

The route out of COVID was always going to have bumps, but by in large, the plan is still on target. Vaccinate to live our life’s and it appears to be working, even if omicron sets things back a bit (I’m personally optimistic we’ll get through with out too much regression along the exit strategy) it will only be temporary. Hopefully, the incoming data gives us the reassurance govts are looking for.  We really do need to get the rest of the world jabbed up and imo need to bump that up our agenda. 

The long queue this morning did give me a chance to catch up on this thread. :rofl:

The first flu jab one arm double jab lottery 😂

Good luck lbj, I was floored. 🥲😂

Just now, Dazo said:

The first flu jab one arm double jab lottery 😂

Good luck lbj, I was floored. 🥲😂

I had the double jab in one arm (left) on tuesday,was stiff/ sore for 2 days.

Never had that with previous jabs. 

15 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

Welcome back . Nice to see some positive vibes on this thread 🧵 I actually had my booster  Jab appointment at Ingilston  but changed it to Sighthill no problems . 

Footballfirst

From the Evidence paper

13.3% of PCR tests showing "S" gene dropout, almost certainly Omicron.

Expected that it will account for almost 100% of cases within the next ten days

Edited by Footballfirst

Just now, SteauaNeedarest said:

Sturgeon back talking shite on the TV. 

I can’t actually stand listening to hear so I’ll just read up on it later on trusted and unbiased media platforms . They are hard to find mind you . 

Dennis Denuto
2 minutes ago, Boy Daniel said:

Is it safe to come out from under the blanks yet?m

No you should stay there, we'll let you know when it is safe

1 minute ago, Dennis Denuto said:

No you should stay there, we'll let you know when it is safe

Ok I’m glad someone is looking out for me! 

regarding todays briefing nothings changed from the other day. 
only 100 odd people have Omricon out of 6+ million. 

Footballfirst

Key messages.

Mainly recommendations to avoid unnecessary contact, including Christmas parties. Reinforcement of earlier messages on hygiene measures

Stronger self isolation requirements for those in contact with Omicron cases.

6 minutes ago, Boy Daniel said:

Is it safe to come out from under the blanks yet?m

No think she’s still talking. She likes that . Talking . But actually not really saying anything. I have had a look on Twitter and Some talk about “ defering” Xmas nights out ? When until ? July ? 😂😂🤢 she literally is a party pooper 💩 

Footballfirst
Just now, Boy Daniel said:

Confirmed cases perhaps, but in the 1,000s if the "S" gene dropout is indeed the primary indicator of Omicron.

1 minute ago, Boy Daniel said:

Oh no batten down the hatches , protect the NHS at all costs . Apart from sacking much needed staff who are pro choice that is 🤢

1 minute ago, Footballfirst said:

Key messages.

Mainly recommendations to avoid unnecessary contact, including Christmas parties. Reinforcement of earlier messages on hygiene measures

I didn't think it was Omicron cases but all cases if the positive was in your household

2 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

Key messages.

A Xmas party is a necessary contact for me and probably many others . Those who like to actual live life and not in fear will make their own health risk assessment regarding an apparently mild variant .

Footballfirst
7 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

I didn't think it was Omicron cases but all cases if the positive was in your household

You may be correct. I will re-listen to the briefing later.

If the projected proportion of Omicron cases is accurate, then Delta will have all but disappeared within the next couple of weeks.

Edited by Footballfirst

Just now, The Real Maroonblood said:

Can I still go for a beer?

Yes she says you can but no parties 🎉 

15 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

I can’t actually stand listening to her so I’ll just read up on it later.

Translation: I find it distressing spitting feathers while my face is covered in tears and snotters.

Just now, escobri said:

"The attack rate of Christmas events" 🤣 its no just the slappers to dodge now.

Lol what does that even mean ? What was the context ? I didn’t watch it hence asking 

Just now, Footballfirst said:

You may be correct. I will re-listen to the briefing later.

If the projected proportion of Omicron cases is accurate, then Delta will have all but disappeared withing the next couple of weeks.

I could be wrong but I think it was they are now at the point that there won't be separate advice for Omicron and if a member of your household tests positive you would need to isolate even if you were fully vaccinated and had a negative test. However if you were a contact but not in their household if someone you could test out of isolation

1 minute ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Can I still go for a beer?

Yes. Just urging people to test before going out, and avoid work parties to try and prevent entire workplaces having to isolate.

8 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

Key messages.

Perfect so glitterfest it is tonight then. 🍻

Edited by Dazo

Just now, Alex Kintner said:

Translation: I find it distressing spitting feathers while my face is covered in tears and snotters.

Not At all dear . I can’t stand her whines twang so just read up later . No tears or snotters here at all . I will continue as I have before . Judging bf other social media comments the advice is getting a massive thumbs down 

8F2ACE7E-CD12-482F-BACA-4E424034221B.gif

19 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

From the Evidence paper

13.3% of PCR tests showing "S" gene dropout, almost certainly Omicron.

Expected that it will account for almost 100% of cases within the next ten days

13% of yesterday's case total multiplied by a 2.5 day doubling rate gets close to 2m in 4 weeks.

I suggest people get stocked up for scran and,  of course,  bog roll.

2 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Great news.

That’s me sorted.

👍🍺🍷

Yes get a few down you ! Party on 

Dennis Denuto
2 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

I could be wrong but I think it was they are now at the point that there won't be separate advice for Omicron and if a member of your household tests positive you would need to isolate even if you were fully vaccinated and had a negative test. However if you were a contact but not in their household if someone you could test out of isolation

New isolation rules

Ms Sturgeon outlines new rules around self-isolating. 

She says given that Omicron is becoming dominant, the rules must change. 

From tomorrow, the advice is that all household contacts of any confirmed Covid case should isolate for 10 days regardless of vaccination status - even if they initially get a negative PCR test. 

Ms Sturgeon says this is essential to ease transmission. 

However, some exemptions will be made for critical services. 

Non-household contacts should isolate pending a PCR result. If it is negative, they can leave isolation at this point as long as they are double vaccinated. 

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )
  • JKBMod 12 featured, locked, unlocked and unfeatured this topic