Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )

CJGJ

Dennis Denuto
1 hour ago, Nucky Thompson said:

The Welsh correspondent on BBC Breakfast this morning said that there was a meeting called between the devolved nations regarding a lockdown between Christmas and New Year. He said that the Welsh knocked it back because they didn't want to put more restrictions on their people.

You know whose grubby mitts are all over this?

Wants the Welsh and Irish to back her up so she doesn't look so bad.

Sleekit wee boot

We don't know what happened but would it not be more likely it was NI that wanted the tougher restrictions as they have much tougher ones just now?

What do you the NI's motivation is for being different from the UK restrictions?

• Replies 107.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

16 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

More tears and snotters are imminent from the “Pant Wetters.”

Would James have taken the vaccine had there not been big media coverage of the pandemic? I doubt it.

He happily takes his jags while shouting down everyone else who follows protocol.

25 minutes ago, Harry Potter said:

moan after it, ha ha, 

We have staff night out next Friday and a family night out the Saturday . None will be cancelled 😞 

Just now, JamesM48 said:

It’s two weeks plus now since it was discovered in U.K. 

In very small numbers at present. We're trying to stop the surge in cases happening by taking early action. If we wait until hospitalisations rise, it's far too late.

South Africa is where there has been a significant surge over the past week or so. We would probably expect to see a significant rise in hospitalisations there next week if there is to be one. It's all eyes on them.

soothefricay.jpg

Just now, Ray Gin said:

In very small numbers at present. We're trying to stop the surge in cases happening by taking early action. If we wait until hospitalisations rise, it's far too late.

South Africa is where there has been a significant surge over the past week or so. We would probably expect to see a significant rise in hospitalisations there next week if there is to be one. It's all eyes on them.

soothefricay.jpg

👍👍

Nucky Thompson
2 minutes ago, Dennis Denuto said:

We don't know what happened but would it not be more likely it was NI that wanted the tougher restrictions as they have much tougher ones just now?

What do you the NI's motivation is for being different from the UK restrictions?

I doubt it would be NI. They just do their own thing without consulting anyone else.

Their motivation is probably because they have a land border with the EU.

Sturgeon is never off the phone to Drakeford. I'm glad he and the Treasury have told her to GTF

Nucky Thompson
6 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

soothefricay.jpg

Looking at that chart, South Africa also had a massive spike in June/July this year.

Maybe it's down to their demographic?

Nucky Thompson

In other news. The NHS Scotland Covid App has just been updated.

My booster is now showing on the App this morning

46 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

I’ll Buck the usual

behaviours before it and moan like **** after it 😂 if applicable

You just referred to Nicola Sturgeon as a psychopath. 🤷🏻‍♂️

6 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Looking at that chart, South Africa also had a massive spike in June/July this year.

All eyes on SA, except the lack of vaccination and mild cases they are experiencing. Not enough data to consider that. 🙄

20 minutes ago, kila said:

Would James have taken the vaccine had there not been big media coverage of the pandemic? I doubt it.

He happily takes his jags while being dragged kicking and screaming while carefully balancing up the decision while shouting down everyone else who follows protocol.

FTFY

Dennis Denuto
6 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

What has happened in previous waves (we don't even know if there will be one here this time) is that it starts in the younger age groups and gradually starts to work up to the over 65s over time, so until we know more it could go either way. I tend to agree with you that comparison with SA isn't really that helpful.

I don't really think we need extra restrictions and the only thing I am worried about just now is having to isolate because Omicron gets into one of my kids classes, it would be nice to get to Christmas without having to be stuck home and change our plans.

15 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

I doubt it would be NI. They just do their own thing without consulting anyone else.

Their motivation is probably because they have a land border with the EU.

Sturgeon is never off the phone to Drakeford. I'm glad he and the Treasury have told her to GTF

What a gruesome looking couple actually . Yuck 🤢 

1 minute ago, Dennis Denuto said:

What has happened in previous waves (we don't even know if there will be one here this time) is that it starts in the younger age groups and gradually starts to work up to the over 65s over time, so until we know more it could go either way. I tend to agree with you that comparison with SA isn't really that helpful.

I don't really think we need extra restrictions and the only thing I am worried about just now is having to isolate because Omicron gets into one of my kids classes, it would be nice to get to Christmas without having to be stuck home and change our plans.

My friends daughter's class have to all self isolate until next week ! 

Dennis Denuto
Just now, JamesM48 said:

My friends daughter's class have to all self isolate until next week ! 

At least they get out for Christmas!!

7 minutes ago, Dazo said:

All eyes on SA, except the lack of vaccination and mild cases they are experiencing. Not enough data to consider that. 🙄

No there's not enough data. We'll have a better idea next week.

We still don't know how well our most used vaccine (Astra Zeneca) holds up against Omicron. It could be brilliant, it could be rubbish. Until we know that, looking at what is happening in South Africa and basing our actions on the severity of the situation there is our best option. 

Edited by Ray Gin

2 minutes ago, Dennis Denuto said:

What plans do you need to change ? Unless your going abroad ? Or something like that . Stick to your plans 

27 minutes ago, kila said:

He happily takes his jags while shouting down everyone else who follows protocol.

Dear Kila I did not go “ kicking and screaming “ to my jabs. Please refrain from the fake news . Thanks Jim !

19C6985E-E32E-46B0-B5B8-79C5894F0E73.gif

Anyway In some good news . I’ve only got a mild sore arm from the booster yesterday . No fever etc . I’d recommend what I did last night . One gin and tonic , 2 glasses of white wine , 5 pints of lager and a 3 course meal . That probably killed any adverse reactions to the Jab 😂😎

Dennis Denuto
3 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

What plans do you need to change ? Unless your going abroad ? Or something like that . Stick to your plans 

If someone in the kids class gets Omicron then the whole class has to isolate and we couldn't visit family or have them visit us, nor go to the football etc etc

Just now, Dennis Denuto said:

If someone in the kids class gets Omicron then the whole class has to isolate and we couldn't visit family or have them visit us, nor go to the football etc etc

That’s true. Yes correct . I wonder if people will just take their children out of school a week before Xmas ? 

12 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

No there's not enough data. We'll have a better idea next week.

We still don't know how well our most used vaccine (Astra Zeneca) holds up against Omicron. It could be brilliant, it could be rubbish. Until we know that, looking at what is happening in South Africa and basing our actions on the severity of the situation there is our best option. 

What about what we do know ? Is there a single piece of data to suggest we need tougher restrictions ? 

I am sure I read something that said the whole of Europe had an extra 65 cases of the omicron variant over a 24 hour period. 65 ffs. 🙄

Maybe I’m putting my finger in the air here but maybe there are thousands walking about with omicron but are non the wiser or aren’t getting their pants wet over the sniffles.  

Edited by Dazo

Dennis Denuto
5 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

That’s true. Yes correct . I wonder if people will just take their children out of school a week before Xmas ? 

I am sure some will, I'll just keep fingers crossed like we have done all through this

Nucky Thompson
6 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Anyway In some good news . I’ve only got a mild sore arm from the booster yesterday . No fever etc . I’d recommend what I did last night . One gin and tonic , 2 glasses of white wine , 5 pints of lager and a 3 course meal . That probably killed any adverse reactions to the Jab 😂😎

You're not out of the woods yet James.

It's a 48h window. You'll have to repeat the alcohol intake today, just to be on the safe side :biggrin2:

A lot of internet submissives starting to pull their tadgers at the thought of Mistress Sturgeon dishing out some new demands and orders today.

Dennis Denuto
Just now, Dazo said:

What about what we do know ? I there a single piece of data to suggest we need tougher restrictions ? 

I am sure I read something that said the whole of Europe had an extra 65 cases of the omicron variant over a 24 hour period. 65 ffs. 🙄

Maybe I’m putting my finger in the air here but maybe there are thousands walking about with omicron but are non the wiser or aren’t getting their pants wet over the sniffles.  

There certainly hasn't been a huge spike in cases in South or Southern Africa where this was discovered. Deaths also not going up massively.

In fact Eastern Europe looks in far worse shape.

7 minutes ago, Dazo said:

What about what we do know ? Is there a single piece of data to suggest we need tougher restrictions ? 

You're missing the point in that we're trying to act early enough to avoid a surge in Omicron. If we wait until we already have a massive surge then we're too late. 

Again, where's your source for this just being the sniffles? You keep repeating it but that doesn't make it true.

3 minutes ago, Dennis Denuto said:

There certainly hasn't been a huge spike in cases in South or Southern Africa where this was discovered. Deaths also not going up massively.

In fact Eastern Europe looks in far worse shape.

Not enough data seems to be enough for the suckling masses. Forget about what is actually happening in real time. 

5 minutes ago, Dennis Denuto said:

There certainly hasn't been a huge spike in cases in South or Southern Africa where this was discovered.

Yes there has.

soothefricay.jpg

Just now, Ray Gin said:

You're missing the point in that we're trying to act early enough to avoid a surge in Omicron. If we wait until we already have a massive surge then we're too late. 

Again, where's your source for this just being the sniffles? You keep repeating it but that doesn't make it true.

I thought a weaker variant was our wet dream ? So what if it spreads and becomes the dominant strain. 

Dennis Reynolds
19 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Getting mines today so I'll take your advice fully 😏

1 minute ago, Dazo said:

I thought a weaker variant was our wet dream ? So what if it spreads and becomes the dominant strain. 

Great if it is weaker and nobody gets seriously ill. That is not yet known.

14 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

You're not out of the woods yet James.

It's a 48h window. You'll have to repeat the alcohol intake today, just to be on the safe side :biggrin2:

Oh thanks lol actually on Wednesday night I felt a bit flush . I had the flu jab on the Tuesday . So it looks like I’ll need to taje the medicine again tonight 😂

4 minutes ago, LMc said:

Getting mines today so I'll take your advice fully 😏

5 pints was only guidance ! You can drink more of you wish ! 👍😂

6 minutes ago, Dazo said:

As far as I know it’s meant to be a weaker variant but more transmittable with only mild symptoms to no symptoms . So if this is accurate it means no drain on the NHS 

1 minute ago, JamesM48 said:

As far as I know it’s meant to be a weaker variant but more transmittable with only mild symptoms to no symptoms . So if this is accurate it means no drain on the NHS 

According to the link someone posted yesterday, early numbers suggest a 50% reduction in serious illness compared to Delta.  At 4 times more transmissible, that means significant strain on the NHS. 

But our vaccines may hold up ok against them, meaning no added strain. We don't know.

The only certainties at the moment are these:

Anyone who is claiming this is definitely nothing to worry about is talking shite.

Anyone who is claiming this is definitely going to be catastrophic is equally talking shite.

6 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

According to the link someone posted yesterday, early numbers suggest a 50% reduction in serious illness compared to Delta.  At 4 times more transmissible, that means significant strain on the NHS. 

But our vaccines may hold up ok against them, meaning no added strain. We don't know.

But if it’s mild to nowt how would it cause any strain to the NHS ? People. Can just go to their local chemist and get paracetamol 

13 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Everyone that doesn't work for the NHS vanishing off the face of the earth would still leave them under strain. Its all we hear.

1 minute ago, JamesM48 said:

But if it’s mild to nowt how would it cause any strain to the NHS ? People. Can just go to their local chemist and get paracetamol 

How is a 50% reduction in severe cases mild to nowt?

5 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

Anyone who is claiming this is definitely nothing to worry about is talking shite.

Anyone who is claiming this is definitely going to be catastrophic is equally talking shite.

This.  Always every bit of this.

1 minute ago, Herbert said:

Everyone that doesn't work for the NHS vanishing off the face of the earth would still leave them under strain. Its all we hear.

Time to have a grown up conversation about it . It’s the elephant in the room

This is easy reading & very informative.

The point about two different viruses potentially hitting at the same time is something that hadn't occurred to me before. 

12 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Jesus Christ.  

Cheer up dear . Your pal is on the telly  🔜 

E240B3F2-C11D-4BBF-8D3E-3FE8C4FA16D2.gif

Dennis Denuto
29 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

Yes there has.

soothefricay.jpg

It is in the midst of an Omicron spike but has still not reached the level of Cases or Deaths in the UK.  It is a spike but not a huge spike, it looks worse than it is because it started from a very low position.  

I agree there is too little data, but the data we do have still doesn't look too bad and any extra restricitons announced today will not be significantly more than we have just now.

Ainsley Harriott
12 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

In a nutshell everyone is talking shite, public, politicians, WHO, Kickback etc

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )
  • JKBMod 12 featured, locked, unlocked and unfeatured this topic