Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )

CJGJ

kingantti1874
15 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

The part in bold is the key part for me.

The biggest daily loss of life China reported was 150, a figure which Italy, Spain, USA, France, UK & Belgium would bite your hand off to have right now.

WHO advised other countries on how to prepare for this based upon the information China was providing, WHO had no other choice because that's all the data they had, however if that data was less than accurate then everywhere else was going to be poorly prepared for the storm that was coming their way.

If the public/governments/WHO had known that the daily death totals were going to be in the 800's + then maybe the advice would have been more dire and maybe everybody's preperations could have been ramped up to match the dire warnings.

Just my opinion, but I really don't think the Chinese were telling the truth in terms of what the real number deaths were and this maybe lulled everyone including joe public into some sort of false security, it was only when things really started to go wrong in Italy that people started to take notice of this thing and just how serious things really were, but by then it was already too late.

agree with all of this, but let’s also be clear - the U.K. chose to largely ignore that advice from the WHO and go our own way, which cost 2/3 valuable weeks.. we will see deaths exceeding 1k per day in U.K. very soon

amd we are STILL ignoring WHO advice by letting flights from NYC and many other virus hotspots to land daily, with now SI on the flight, and no checks and those passengers then spread onto public transport. 

Edited by kingantti1874

• Replies 107.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Brighton Jambo
3 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

I didn’t claim that, take it up with them. What I would say is they have a history of choosing their friends and family, look at how much Mays husband shares in Lockheed Martin made him. Why do you think they would use Dyson? Surely asking as many companies as possible to make what the could would get the ventilators ready quicker?

They made an open plea to any company who can produce ventilators, Matt Hancock was on national TV saying if you can make them

we will buy them which is why Airbus, BAE Systems, Thales, Rolls Royce, Siemens, the F1 teams, existing producers and Dyson  are all

involved plus many more.

i agree with the point about favouring friends and family generally but I would level that at most if not all political parties.  

Pasquale for King
5 minutes ago, Brighton Jambo said:

They made an open plea to any company who can produce ventilators, Matt Hancock was on national TV saying if you can make them

we will buy them which is why Airbus, BAE Systems, Thales, Rolls Royce, Siemens, the F1 teams, existing producers and Dyson  are all

involved plus many more.

i agree with the point about favouring friends and family generally but I would level that at most if not all political parties.  

There has been a plethora of companies who have offered to make them and been knocked back. 
Agreed re all parties, and some football clubs apparently.

Edited by Pasquale for King

1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

If the UK or any other government believed that China were giving out the true numbers then they deserve all they get. There are many articles out there detailing how the UK government not only didn’t prepare properly but are still delaying ventilators construction for example to use their herd immunity theory. 

In hindsight, what would've been the multiplying number that other Governments should've used to foresee this hellish predicament???? I feel for us all mate, me being a pleb, I will never be afforded the truth. I agree with you, the smell of shite from our Government is becoming increasingly nauseating.

The UK government spent three weeks in total paralysis, rabbit in the headlights style.

They then woke up and acted like a responsible government for a week and a bit.

Now it's full on cronyism (only certain companies being given contracts, mostly Tory donors), lying about everything that was said an done in the previous month and cover-your-arse-time.

Pasquale for King
10 minutes ago, Brighton Jambo said:

I’m honestly not trying to pick on your posts but do you really believe that employees at BAE, Rolls Royce, Dyson, Thales, Siemens, Airbus and existing ventilator producers are all being told to or are secretly going slow to support some herd immunity strategy?

also the ventilators are for those who already have it so it won’t help more people to get infected it will mean more die so That point doesn’t make sense

also if you think about it more ventilators would enable a herd immunity strategy not less- I.e.  we have loads so don’t worry if you get sick you will be fine.  Delaying production means people are more at risk of dying and will be aware of that and so will stay home thus scuppering a herd immunity strategy.  

not sure this particular conspiracy theory stands up to scrutiny l.  

I didn’t say they’re going slowly, just that more companies making them makes the process quicker.

I said their herd immunity theory is why they were late in getting these ventilators produced and why they knocked back companies who offered to make them, nothing to do with the disease or what their used for.

If you think it’s scaring people that we don’t have enough ventilators going forward you are over estimating the intelligence of the people who voted for Brexit and gave the Tories a majority.

2 hours ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

So another 563 deaths in the uk. Starting to rise rapidly every day. 

Looks unfortunately that we will soon be in the position that Italy and Spain are in now. If that happens, it will gar me greet that we had a headstart on them, timeline-wise, and weren't able to avoid a similar situation.

Edited by redjambo

Tommy Brown

I posted Trump's tweet the other day about him having an in depth conversion with China's big wig.

It must have been some conversation, the world's two biggest liars out lying each other.

Pasquale for King
12 minutes ago, Old Blue Eyes said:

In hindsight, what would've been the multiplying number that other Governments should've used to foresee this hellish predicament???? I feel for us all mate, me being a pleb, I will never be afforded the truth. I agree with you, the smell of shite from our Government is becoming increasingly nauseating.

I would imagine the intelligence community would have an idea. All governments have prepared for these scenarios, the UK had a dry run a few years back and have plans in place to deal with it. They dithered for whatever reason and everyone all over the world has seen this, even the biased MSM have criticised them for it. South Korea have reacted in the best fashion and although it’s different for every country their example should've been followed where possible. Unfortunately the smell is only being breathed in a little to late.

Pasquale for King
Just now, Tommy Brown said:

I posted Trump's tweet the other day about him having an in depth conversion with China's big wig.

It must have been some conversation, the world's two biggest liars out lying each other.

Come on BJ can hold his own when it comes to lying.

45 minutes ago, robbo1874 said:

Surely another benefit of testing is that you can go back to work (if suitable) if tested positive? Then we can maybe keep the economy going, even if just ticking over..

The testing for NHS/Care etc should be getting done by now. 

My Mrs is head chef at a nursing home of 150 residents and by nature of the job can't social distance working in a kitchen. This is helped to ramp up the pressure/tension in her work. All the staff are feeling under pressure and it makes the job all that more difficult.

Of course they're not frontline as yet, but when the first case hits that place I think pressure will go through the roof.

She's absolutely drained today after 4x 11 shifts. 

So if that's in care home,god knows what the frontline nurses and doctors are feeling. 

She also has to deal with the issue that I'm an at risk,not as bad as some but it's there. She's really worried about bringing it home to me

She's not missed a day so far and is dedicated to her residents, she understands that their meal is an important highlight of the day. 

Is that what you intended to say?

44 minutes ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

London will be skewing the figures massively though surely? Is there a region breakdown anywhere? 

this seems good, it is still to be updated with todays figures. it shows for confirmed cases london has 1/3 of englands total

https://www.arcgis.com/apps/opsdashboard/index.html#/f94c3c90da5b4e9f9a0b19484dd4bb14

4 minutes ago, redjambo said:

Is that what you intended to say?

Yes because I thought once you'd had it that's you immune.

Malinga the Swinga
5 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Come on BJ can hold his own when it comes to lying.

Give it a rest with the constant bitching. It achieves absolutely nothing, but expect you already know that. 

Just now, robbo1874 said:

Yes because I thought once you'd had it that's you immune.

Ah, got you. After a reasonable period of exclusion then. How long would that be though?

Malinga the Swinga
1 minute ago, Barack said:

Branson wanting a Government bailout?

:rofl:

Brass neck of the ****er.

:bolt:

Man of the people my arse. Him and Stelios pair of absolute chancers. 

2 minutes ago, redjambo said:

Ah, got you. After a reasonable period of exclusion then. How long would that be though?

Sorry I'm not really following you. 

What I'm meaning is the following.

Testing for all to tell if they have had it already. Say maybe even a couple of months ago

Test,ok you've had it and no longer spreading so you can work.

Hope this clarifies what I mean 👍

Pasquale for King
9 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Give it a rest with the constant bitching. It achieves absolutely nothing, but expect you already know that. 

Don’t tell me what to do ok, did you tell the others off for slagging Trump and Xi Jinping? It’s ok to slag Branson and Stelliios? Could you make me a list?

36 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

The part in bold is the key part for me.

The biggest daily loss of life China reported was 150, a figure which Italy, Spain, USA, France, UK & Belgium would bite your hand off to have right now.

WHO advised other countries on how to prepare for this based upon the information China was providing, WHO had no other choice because that's all the data they had, however if that data was less than accurate then everywhere else was going to be poorly prepared for the storm that was coming their way.

If the public/governments/WHO had known that the daily death totals were going to be in the 800's + then maybe the advice would have been more dire and maybe everybody's preperations could have been ramped up to match the dire warnings.

Just my opinion, but I really don't think the Chinese were telling the truth in terms of what the real number deaths were and this maybe lulled everyone including joe public into some sort of false security, it was only when things really started to go wrong in Italy that people started to take notice of this thing and just how serious things really were, but by then it was already too late.

I'm on the same script JJ 👍 . Unfortunately yes, it's too late for tens of thousands, but good people are working their 7th pair of socks off to deter this pathogen claiming more innocents. 

Fast track vaccines currently being tested on Brits as we speak, who are these volunteers, are they currently terminally ill with other b*st*rd diseases?

2 minutes ago, robbo1874 said:

Testing for all to tell if they have had it already. Say maybe even a couple of months ago

Ok, sorry I'm slow on the uptake at the moment. Spent most of the afternoon asleep for some reason. Obviously my brain isn't yet engaged. :)

All the best to your other half for the great work she's doing.

Pasquale for King
3 minutes ago, iantjambo said:

Wimbledon, unsurprisingly, the latest sporting event to be cancelled.

No need to find folk to pick those strawberries then.

6 minutes ago, robbo1874 said:

Unfortunately there is pretty much zero evidence that you are immune after you've had it.  Even if you do become immune we don't know the timescale, you could be immune for a month or a year, no one knows enough about the virus yet. 

Just now, redjambo said:

Ok, sorry I'm slow on the uptake at the moment. Spent most of the afternoon asleep for some reason. Obviously my brain isn't yet engaged. :)

All the best to your other half for the great work she's doing.

Haha she's having a disco nap as I type

I think we're all a bit fuzzy at the moment.

Thanks for the kind words.

As a society we really have to remember who/what really matters when this is over

Just now, Pasquale for King said:

No need to find folk to pick those strawberries then.

Bollocks to that. I still like my Strawberries :D

1 minute ago, Longshanks said:

Unfortunately there is pretty much zero evidence that you are immune after you've had it.  Even if you do become immune we don't know the timescale, you could be immune for a month or a year, no one knows enough about the virus yet. 

Is that right? Never knew that. Well there's that argument up in the air then.

So makes their herd immunity a pretty rubbish argument then. 

20th March: EasyJet pays out over £170million in dividends.

31st March: EasyJet begs for a government bailout.

*yes, I know that the dividend was announced at the AGM in february and was legally binding 

Edited by Cade

The amount of greed is becoming clearer and clearer every day. The richest are still wanting more, and willing to protect their privilege, no matter the cost. We're hardly all in this together.

Wonder what the fatality rate of this virus is on the top 1%...

Pasquale for King
17 minutes ago, iantjambo said:

Bollocks to that. I still like my Strawberries :D

Yeah me too, hopefully they will grow less this year if it’s possible. 

13 minutes ago, Cade said:

20th March: EasyJet pays out over £170million in dividends.

31st March: EasyJet begs for a government bailout.

*yes, I know that the dividend was announced at the AGM in february and was legally binding 

I don’t see the problem.

Malinga the Swinga
27 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Don’t tell me what to do ok, did you tell the others off for slagging Trump and Xi Jinping? It’s ok to slag Branson and Stelliios? Could you make me a list?

Give me a day or so and will see what I can do regarding list. Do you want companies/organisations ( would be easier) or individuals?

21 minutes ago, Longshanks said:

I thought the scientific consensus was you would have some immunity which is based on other coronaviruses?

Although not hard evidence, you’ve got to just go with what’s available because as you say the virus is new. 

Pasquale for King
Just now, Malinga the Swinga said:

Give me a day or so and will see what I can do regarding list. Do you want companies/organisations ( would be easier) or individuals?

Whatever you fancy 👍🏽.

Footballfirst

Latest figures from Italy

Italy reports 4,782 new cases of #Coronavirus and 727 new deaths Total reaches to 110,574 confirmed cases and 13,155 deaths.

New cases up but deaths down on yesterday.

Pasquale for King
13 minutes ago, kila said:

The amount of greed is becoming clearer and clearer every day. The richest are still wanting more, and willing to protect their privilege, no matter the cost. We're hardly all in this together.

Wonder what the fatality rate of this virus is on the top 1%...

Absolutely. As for the top 1%, they know they can catch it so it might just help more money be out into a money spinning vaccine 🤞.

The Old Tolbooth
1 hour ago, kingantti1874 said:

agree with all of this, but let’s also be clear - the U.K. chose to largely ignore that advice from the WHO and go our own way, which cost 2/3 valuable weeks.. we will see deaths exceeding 1k per day in U.K. very soon

amd we are STILL ignoring WHO advice by letting flights from NYC and many other virus hotspots to land daily, with now SI on the flight, and no checks and those passengers then spread onto public transport. 

This, for me, is utterly bewildering, and downright negligent, in fact, all of it is negligent, they really do have so much to answer for. 

1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

Absolutely. As for the top 1%, they know they can catch it so it might just help more money be out into a money spinning vaccine 🤞.

The medical resources available for the top 1% will be enormous so I can't see any of them getting too worried. Need a high end ventilator and all round care in your home? No problem. Need supposed short supply chloroquine to mitigate the effects? Here you go.

Not trying to derail this thread into the conspiracy one but I am curious if there are any notable deaths of the richest yet. Prince Charlie only experienced mild symptoms but I wonder if that is the full story and what treatment he got that others would be denied due to resources.

1 hour ago, Brighton Jambo said:

involved plus many more.

They told the G-Tech guy not to bother despite him wanting to help.Wtf was that about.

2 minutes ago, kila said:

The medical resources available for the top 1% will be enormous so I can't see any of them getting too worried. Need a high end ventilator and all round care in your home? No problem. Need supposed short supply chloroquine to mitigate the effects? Here you go.

Not trying to derail this thread into the conspiracy one but I am curious if there are any notable deaths of the richest yet. Prince Charlie only experienced mild symptoms but I wonder if that is the full story and what treatment he got that others would be denied due to resources.

Princess Maria Theresa of Spain died. 

Seymour M Hersh
4 hours ago, John Findlay said:

What's Jimmy Calderwood done now?

Become US President it would seem. :laugh:

6 minutes ago, Victorian said:

So Peston did not follow up on Gove's reagent bullshit from yesterday.

He supposedly  hardly ever does.Good on twitter very much tows the party line in reality though from what I read last night.

Jambo-Jimbo
1 hour ago, kingantti1874 said:

First part I agree totally, we were too slow to act.

Second part, I thought the WHO the other day said that flights should still be carrying on as normal, because as there was community transmission, air passengers weren't going to make any difference on the infection rates.  Sure that's what I heard.

Seymour M Hersh
5 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

They told the G-Tech guy not to bother despite him wanting to help.Wtf was that about.

Too many cooks spoiling the broth perhaps? 

Just now, vegas-voss said:

He supposedly  hardly ever does.Good on twitter very much tows the party line in reality though from what I read last night.

I suspect there was Government - ITN back channel chat.    

C4 News went to town on them yesterday.   Let's see what comes today.

2 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Too many cooks spoiling the broth perhaps? 

Feck knows I just remember he was asked long before Dyson came on board

2 minutes ago, Victorian said:

I suspect there was Government - ITN back channel chat.    

C4 News went to town on them yesterday.   Let's see what comes today.

Aye C4 don't **** about

Motor vehicle use takes a sharp increase from it's low point.    Just as the police were being criticised for their application of lockdown.    Coincidence?

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )
  • JKBMod 12 featured, locked, unlocked and unfeatured this topic