Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

25 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

I genuinely couldn't give a shit about Omicron, Delta, Kent or any other variant they dig up just in time for Christmas each year.

The Kent variant that led to a 3 month lockdown and tens of thousands of deaths? You seemed to care about it's impact when you were moaning about the restrictions it caused every day.

Delta arrived in the Summer.

9 minutes ago, Rocco_Jambo said:

It's classed as a pre existing conditions by the NHS when it records covid deaths.

It's classed as a pre existing condition.... because that is what the law requires.

If they're killed by Covid that is given as cause of  death and any pre existing conditions (could be several) are also to be listed on the death cert below the cause of death. 

51 minutes ago, Dennis Denuto said:

Well done James - your next civic duty is to encourage everyone else to do the same

It’s the governments role to

encourage those who feel they need vaccine to take it , not mine. I took it for purely selfish reasons , to offer further protection if I contracted Covid.  I’d very much like to think I did it as my “ civic duty” but I’d be lying . In any conversations I have had with people about this I have reminded them it’s their personal choice to take it . 

1 minute ago, NANOJAMBO said:

It's classed as a pre existing condition.... because that is what the law requires.

If they're killed by Covid that is given as cause of  death and any pre existing conditions (could be several) are also to be listed on the death cert below the cause of death. 

Yes I'm aware. It's a material fact that is reported by the NHS.

So he had a pre existing condition. According to the article he never had any pre existing conditions. Therefore pile of pish.

Dennis Denuto
1 minute ago, JamesM48 said:

It’s the governments role to

encourage those who feel they need vaccine to take it , not mine. I took it for purely selfish reasons , to offer further protection if I contracted Covid.  I’d very much like to think I did it as my “ civic duty” but I’d be lying . In any conversations I have had with people about this I have reminded them it’s their personal choice to take it . 

And if they too way up the pros and cons correctly there is only one answer they should get.

2 hours ago, Boy Daniel said:

All very good questions that they have no answers to when they are ploughing on with unwarranted restrictions 

Every question come from her anti lockdown mindset and is intended to bolster her own position. No surprises there. 

58 minutes ago, Dennis Denuto said:

Well done James - your next civic duty is to encourage everyone else to do the same

37 minutes ago, Rocco_Jambo said:

Don't expect to see it in the Guardian but the guy had the underlying condition of Asthma according to the same sister.

The fact that they've ignored or deliberately left out that a guy who died of a respiratory disease had a pre existing disease in the airways of his lungs makes the article a pile of pish.

I read that he had Asthma too 

26 minutes ago, Alex Kintner said:

Must be quite mild if he’s a mountain climbing, bodybuilding triathlete.🤷🏻‍♂️

Come on Alex , you sound like a DWP assessor for PiP or ESA . Bit low for you really . People with chronic health conditions can have good or bad days . 

3 minutes ago, Dennis Denuto said:

And if they too way up the pros and cons correctly there is only one answer they should get.

Not with some of the people I know . They have weighed up the pros and cons of it and not got vaccinated . It’s their choice . 

2 minutes ago, Rocco_Jambo said:

Yes I'm aware. It's a material fact that is reported by the NHS.

So he had a pre existing condition. According to the article he never had any pre existing conditions. Therefore pile of pish.

The article is not a "pile of pish" - granted it may have omitted a material & significant fact (re his asthma and  if under control). The article contained some very simple & illuminating facts on the efficacy of vaccines and the circumstances of the poor guys death. 

38 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

I'm fully vaxed, boosted, flu etc etc. Unless they bring out a vaccine to protect against death and taxes, we should all be done with vaccines for the foreseeable. 

I genuinely couldn't give a shit about Omicron, Delta, Kent or any other variant they dig up just in time for Christmas each year.

The collective pant-wetting and daily updates, at a time when hospitalisations are down and all signs point to it being weaker, is simply state sponsored  scaremongering.

Following on from the Christmas party at No 10 fiasco, I doubt many people will pay any heed of new restrictions on their life.

I don't give Covid a second thought when I'm out and I wouldn't know one end of a lateral flow test from the other.

Let the fully vaxed get on with it and start focusing on speeding up the booster programme and encouraging the unvaxed to get vaxed.

Well said .👍👍

21 minutes ago, Alex Kintner said:

Must be quite mild if he’s a mountain climbing, bodybuilding triathlete.🤷🏻‍♂️

Quite. "Asthma" is very varied as to how it affects the individual. I'm asthmatic but it has now become very mild indeed. Technically it might be considered by some as an underlying condition if I were to die of Covid, but I can guarantee that my lungs are in better condition than a lot of people who don't have asthma. This whole "underlying condition" is very hazy indeed. If you don't have any "underlying conditions" after you reach middle age, you're doing well. Folk who have asthma in the way I do weren't given priority for the jabs, so I think that bears witness as to how much of an underlying condition it is regarded to be if it doesn't seriously affect the individual. According to Asthma UK: "People with well-controlled asthma do not seem to be at higher risk of dying from COVID-19. Adults and children with poorly controlled asthma are considered at higher clinical risk from COVID-19. As a result, some people with asthma were included in the clinically extremely vulnerable (CEV) group at the start of the pandemic."

48 minutes ago, Rocco_Jambo said:

Don't expect to see it in the Guardian but the guy had the underlying condition of Asthma according to the same sister.

The fact that they've ignored or deliberately left out that a guy who died of a respiratory disease had a pre existing disease in the airways of his lungs makes the article a pile of pish.

His sister seems confused about his "pre condition" 

Previously Jenny described how John was the "fittest" and "healthiest" person she knew and just four weeks before his death he was climbing Welsh mountains and wild camping.

She said: "The only pre-existing health condition he had was the belief in his own immortality.

6 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

The article is not a "pile of pish" - granted it may have omitted a material & significant fact (re his asthma and  if under control). The article contained some very simple & illuminating facts on the efficacy of vaccines and the circumstances of the poor guys death. 

It didn’t just omit he had an underlying condition.

It explicitly said he didn’t have any.

Pile of pish.

Pile of pish.

In case you missed my post -

Previously Jenny described how John was the "fittest" and "healthiest" person she knew and just four weeks before his death he was climbing Welsh mountains and wild camping.

She said: "The only pre-existing health condition he had was the belief in his own immortality.

Edited by NANOJAMBO

3 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

In case you missed my post -

From another article.

His twin sister Jenny McCann from London said he was the 'fittest, healthiest person I know' and had thought he would only have a 'mild illness' if he contracted coronavirus, adding that he had a 'belief in his own immortality'. Mrs McCann said that Mr Eyers had 'no underlying health conditions' but did also state that he had asthma. 

From another article.

His twin sister Jenny McCann from London said he was the 'fittest, healthiest person I know' and had thought he would only have a 'mild illness' if he contracted coronavirus, adding that he had a 'belief in his own immortality'. Mrs McCann said that Mr Eyers had 'no underlying health conditions' but did also state that he had asthma. 

Why do you think I mentioned her apparent confusion ? 

20 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Come on Alex , you sound like a DWP assessor for PiP or ESA . Bit low for you really . People with chronic health conditions can have good or bad days . 

Are you suggesting bodybuilding, mountain climbing and triathlons are indicative of severe asthma?

11 minutes ago, Rocco_Jambo said:

Pile of pish.

You’re right. It did incorrectly state he had no underlying conditions.

I can post an almost identical report from another paper which does include the asthma condition. 

Either way, it’s not the key point of the story. 

1 minute ago, Alex Kintner said:

I can post an almost identical report from another paper which does include the asthma condition. 

Please do.

I'd be interested to know what paper Guardian readers go to when they need to get their facts.

1 minute ago, Alex Kintner said:

It's not the key point of the story but it is for some it seems.

His own sister contradicted herself in two newspaper articles and the truth of his asthma isn't known because it's not verified by any medcial professional. 

But as has been said, even if he did have asthma , if he was going mountain climbing you'd think it was well under control as I doubt he'd take the risk of having the mountain rescue team come out to save him. 

But hey , it's an excuse to have a dig , especially at the tired old Guardian. 

Dennis Denuto
23 minutes ago, Rocco_Jambo said:

Pile of pish.

Well done you have exposed the article for a glaring omission which they could have used as an opportunity to explain why asthma was not contributing factor in the mans death.

You then posted some pish about Asthma and Lungs and made statements that seemed to say he only died of Covid because he had Asthma, or maybe I read you wrong.

So for those of you with Asthma who have been suddenly alarmed by Rocco's scaremongering do not fear, if you continue to take your medication you are in no greater danger from Covid than anyone else.

5 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

It's not the key point of the story but it is for some it seems.

His own sister contradicted herself in two newspaper articles and the truth of his asthma isn't known because it's not verified by any medcial professional. 

But as has been said, even if he did have asthma , if he was going mountain climbing you'd think it was well under control as I doubt he'd take the risk of having the mountain rescue team come out to save him. 

But hey , it's an excuse to have a dig , especially at the tired old Guardian. 

😄 The whole article is based on what his sister has said.

Now in your strange desperation to protect the crebility of the article you are yourself questioning her credibility and the truth of what she has said to avoid any critcism of the article and paper.

In other words pile of pish.

The Real Maroonblood
6 minutes ago, GBJambo said:

Pfizer CEO has said likely need a 4th vaccine due to Omnicron variant 

Great news. 

Bring it on. 

24 minutes ago, Alex Kintner said:

Are you suggesting bodybuilding, mountain climbing and triathlons are indicative of severe asthma?

No I am stating that those who have underlying chronic conditions can have good and bad days . The fact is he had asthma so not 100 💯 heathy  . He seemed to have it well under control. I never said he had “ severe “ asthma . 

Edited by JamesM48

3 minutes ago, Dennis Denuto said:

Well done you have exposed the article for a glaring omission which they could have used as an opportunity to explain why asthma was not contributing factor in the mans death.

You then posted some pish about Asthma and Lungs and made statements that seemed to say he only died of Covid because he had Asthma, or maybe I read you wrong.

So for those of you with Asthma who have been suddenly alarmed by Rocco's scaremongering do not fear, if you continue to take your medication you are in no greater danger from Covid than anyone else.

It's scaremongering now to point out facts missing from an article that is arguably trying to scaremonger a group of people by misrepresenting the facts.

I've aways thought it was concerning for people to put their political party on a pedestal and support them like a footbal team bit this is the first time I've seen people do it with a media outlet.

Just now, Rocco_Jambo said:

😄 The whole article is based on what his sister has said.

Now in your strange desperation to protect the crebility of the article you are yourself questioning her credibility and the truth of what she has said to avoid any critcism of the article and paper.

:facepalm:

So , now,  putting up a quote from a different newspaper article from the same source that is self contradictory  is "strange desperation". 

"you are yourself questioning her credibility"... well, her comments on his "asthma" aren't verified by any medical professional and given she is the only source - and has absolutely contradicted herself - it does seem reasonable to question the veracity of her comments. But you don't want that , you just want to go with the "he had asthma" approach as that underpinned your whole view of what you've been posting about.

Anyways, you can have the last word as I'm not wasting any more time on this irrelevance. 

Dennis Denuto
5 minutes ago, Rocco_Jambo said:

It's scaremongering now to point out facts missing from an article that is arguably trying to scaremonger a group of people by misrepresenting the facts.

I've aways thought it was concerning for people to put their political party on a pedestal and support them like a footbal team bit this is the first time I've seen people do it with a media outlet.

I don't care about the Paper or the article, I do care that you were trying to insinuate that he only died because he had asthma, which is just not true.

3 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

:facepalm:

So , now,  putting up a quote from a different newspaper article from the same source that is self contradictory  is "strange desperation". 

"you are yourself questioning her credibility"... well, her comments on his "asthma" aren't verified by any medical professional and given she is the only source - and has absolutely contradicted herself - it does seem reasonable to question the veracity of her comments. But you don't want that , you just want to go with the "he had asthma" approach as that underpinned your whole view of what you've been posting about.

Anyways, you can have the last word as I'm not wasting any more time on this irrelevance. 

I totally agree that she may not be the most credible source. However, she is the source for the whole article so in your attempts to undermine her as the source of asthma you are also undermining the whole article and "point of the story" (or do you want to pick out the bits that suit?).

1 minute ago, Rocco_Jambo said:

I totally agree that she may not be the most credible source. However, she is the source for the whole article so in your attempts to undermine her as the source of asthma you are also undermining the whole article and "point of the story" (or do you want to pick out the bits that suit?).

AS said by another poster -

I don't care about the Paper or the article, I do care that you were trying to insinuate that he only died because he had asthma, which is just not true.

13 minutes ago, Dennis Denuto said:

That's not what I'm insinuating at all. You're just making stuff up now.

The vast majority of people who die with covid have an underlying condition. He had an underlying condition according to the source of the whole article.

That makes it a material fact in the article. Not only did the article omit this it directly contradicted it. The article has no credibility and is a pile of pish.

Even Nano in his own round about way seems to be suggesting it's a pile of pish from a source lacking in any credibility.

The only insinuating I can see is from the article that he wouldn't have died if he had the vaccine.

Edited by Rocco_Jambo

Dennis Denuto
1 minute ago, Rocco_Jambo said:

That's not what I'm insinuating at all. You're just making stuff up now.

The vast majority of people who die with covid have an underlying condition. He had an underlying condition according to the source of the whole article.

That makes it a material fact in the article. Not only did the article omit this it directly contradicted it. The article has no credibility and is a pile of pish.

Even Nano in his own round about way seems to be suggesting it's a pile of pish from a source lacking in any credibility.

Yes but his underlying condition has nothing to do with his covid death, you suggested it did, go back and read what you posted.

The Guardian article was wrong, they had no reason to hide his asthma it would have helped the article if had been mentioned, they are probably just as poorly informed as you are.

The fact that they've ignored or deliberately left out that a guy who died of a respiratory disease had a pre existing disease in the airways of his lungs

Just now, Dennis Denuto said:

Yes but his underlying condition has nothing to do with his covid death, you suggested it did, go back and read what you posted.

The Guardian article was wrong, they had no reason to hide his asthma it would have helped the article if had been mentioned, they are probably just as poorly informed as you are.

How do you know that? Have you seen the death certificate or discussed it with his doctor?

Presumably your guessing now and making stuff up.

Dennis Denuto
4 minutes ago, Rocco_Jambo said:

How do you know that? Have you seen the death certificate or discussed it with his doctor?

Presumably your guessing now and making stuff up.

Because he had his condition under control, he was climbing mountains, therefor it would not have caused any reason for him to have more serious covid illness.

1 minute ago, Dennis Denuto said:

Because he had his condition under control, he was climbing mountains, therefor it would not have caused any reason for him to have more serious covid illness.

You are just guessing.

Just because ashthma isn't shown in studies to increase asthma sufferers chances of ending up with serious illness or dying and just because asthma didn't cause him to have serious covid illness it does not mean that it was not or cannot be a factor when that person actually ends up seriously ill in hospital with covid and is struggling to breathe.

You have no idea whether his asthma had anything to do with his covid death. Neither do I. All we can say is it's very relevant in the circumstances of the article.

56 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

No I am stating that those who have underlying chronic conditions can have good and bad days . The fact is he had asthma so not 100 💯 heathy  . He seemed to have it well under control. I never said he had “ severe “ asthma . 

👍🏻

The asthma discussion takes away from what for me is the most interesting part of that article. That certain people are predisposed in their genetics to get very ill if they catch Covid. That predisposition doesn’t seem related to overall fitness and health. The best protection against being in the harrowing circumstances set out in the article is vaccination.

Nucky Thompson
17 minutes ago, LMc said:

Actual real time data from hospitals and not lab experiments.

Encouraging, even though it's early days

1 hour ago, Alex Kintner said:

The asthma discussion takes away from what for me is the most interesting part of that article. That certain people are predisposed in their genetics to get very ill if they catch Covid. That predisposition doesn’t seem related to overall fitness and health. The best protection against being in the harrowing circumstances set out in the article is vaccination.

Yes that was interesting regarding the predisposition . 

1 hour ago, LMc said:

So 50% less serious illness but 4 times more transmissible than Delta. Clearly this still presents a problem if these early numbers are accurate.

Edited by Ray Gin

Nucky Thompson
7 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

So 50% less serious illness but 4 times more transmissible than Delta. Clearly this still presents a problem if these early numbers are accurate.

It didn't say if the patients were vaccinated or not either.

I'm guessing most of them weren't as South Africa has only 25% coverage.

Hopefully yesterdays data saying that 3 doses work against Omicron means we won't have as big a problem as feared .

Time will tell

4 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

It didn't say if the patients were vaccinated or not either.

I'm guessing most of them weren't as South Africa has only 25% coverage.

Hopefully yesterdays data saying that 3 doses work against Omicron means we won't have as big a problem as feared .

Time will tell

Fingers crossed. Keen to hear how 2 doses of AZ plus a Moderna booster holds up, as I think this is what most over 40s have in the UK.

Edited by Ray Gin

1 hour ago, Alex Kintner said:

100%. A lot of interesting information, very informative.

Hopefully the "genetic" angle will make people reconsider as this is another  powerful pro vax consideration. 

Салатные палочки
6 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

Just on the news. People in Scotland advised to cancel Christmas parties.

Oh for crying out loud. I had so many planned as well and I was really looking forward to them all. 

Nucky Thompson
8 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

Just on the news. People in Scotland advised to cancel Christmas parties.

A public health Scotland doctor.

He can feck right off with his advice

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )
  • JKBMod 12 featured, locked, unlocked and unfeatured this topic