Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )

CJGJ

Nucky Thompson
8 minutes ago, Smithee said:

You voted Tory didn't you?

It doesn't matter what I voted, but for the record it was Lib dem, Alex Cole-Hamilton.

I don't pick a political party like a football team, but I would 100% vote Tory if they were up against the SNP in a close seat though.

Do you think politicians or government lackies taking the piss is just a Tory thing?

• Replies 107.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Nucky Thompson said:

It doesn't matter what I voted, but for the record it was Lib dem, Alex Cole-Hamilton.

I don't pick a political party like a football team, but I would 100% vote Tory if they were up against the SNP in a close seat though.

Do you think politicians or government lackies taking the piss is just a Tory thing?

You said you voted Tory last time out, was that not the case?

Bit hypocritical to give it the old "I'm no listening to the government" when that's who you voted for and you back them daily on here

Nucky Thompson
5 minutes ago, Smithee said:

You said you voted Tory last time out, was that not the case?

Bit hypocritical to give it the old "I'm no listening to the government" when that's who you voted for and you back them daily on here

I voted for them at the last GE and the Lib Dems in the latest Scottish election.

Do you agree with everything a government says and does just because you voted for them in an election?

Footballfirst
10 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

Interested to see how many cases in Balingrie Fife. Not like there are serious matters going on in the world.

Just to save you the bother, the 7 day / 100k case rate is 482.3.  Oh, and the village is called Ballingry. :whistling:

Get well soon 🤧

2 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

I voted for them at the last GE and the Lib Dems in the latest Scottish election.

Do you agree with everything a government says and does just because you voted for them in an election?

No, but then I don't publicly and vociferously back them on a daily basis like you do - **** The SNP, I want independence.

Weren't you saying in the last couple of days how much you like Raab and could see him in charge? And come to think of it, didn't you say that you voted libdem to keep the SNP out?

32 minutes ago, Costanza said:

The irony in your posts in portraying people as brainwashed is remarkable.

In the last day you appear to be insinuating that Covid and Climate Change are hoaxes, orchestrated by a mass conspiracy involving all over the world, governments, scientists, journalists and the medical community.

Notwithstanding that you have no evidence of any of this, or indeed any whistleblowers to back this up (given the tens, nay hundreds of thousands of people involved, you'd expect someone to blow the whistle) it's you that is being played here.

The Libertarian think tanks who represent big business and corporate interests hate the idea of regulation, restrictions or constraints to making money.

So these bodies like the Koch Foundation, IEA etc. like to slip into public discourse the idea of lack of liberty, distrust of "experts", downplay the impact on the NHS (if it can't cope, then lets get private business involved) and the "libertarian" sheep lap it up whilst convincing themselves that they are open minded and have the inside track of the shadowy conspiracies going on.

If we can't trust the scientific community or those in the NHS, then we're free to make our own judgements based on whatever evidence aligns with our own confirmation bias and can never hold our hands up and say "Oops I got that wrong".

The vast majority of sane posters on this thread, understand that Covid isn't just some bad flu (2020 wants your 'hot' coronavirus take back), understand that some restrictions were required, understand that those restrictions did come with consequences, understand that governments and some companies take advantage of those restrictions; and don't just blindly swallow what the MSM feeds us without questioning it and doing some actual bloody research.

No one really wants restrictions to continue or cowers at the news of new variants, these are just tired old tropes to belittle people without offering any real evidence.

The truth is that you are just one of the useful idiot foot soldiers that these "libertarian" bodies easily sway with their BS disinformation and yet convince you that you have an open mind.

Covid is a bad flu - that is exactly what it is.

I do acknowledge climate change - the climate has continued to change since the dawn of time.  What is a hoax is the highly convenient 'build back better' and the non-stop pushing of the greener agenda as if the world is going to end in 30 years time.  All these summits and conventions constantly trying to make the standard of life worse for the 99% is not something I will ever get on board with.  

These doomsday fanatics constantly telling us how awful we are and how we should eat grass and insects and live in caves are the scum of the earth.  The whole pushing of the green agenda is so disproportionate to the reality of the situation.  Billionaires with private jets, private islands, China, India and Russia with no ****s given for their two thirds of all CO2 emissions.

Notice how all this carnage the past 2 years is not affecting billionaires, big tech or muiti-nationals?  They are cashing in.  Notice how there seems to be an endless amount of government spending on covid?

Notice how we are all trying to be locked down and silenced?  Notice how we are all trying to be jabbed with **** knows what.  Are you ok with this?

Seems to me that too many people are enjoying being government cucks and it is without doubt obvious that too many people are living of the thoughts of social media.  Part of this build back better is for us to not own anything – this includes thoughts in our head.

8 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

Just to save you the bother, the 7 day / 100k case rate is 482.3.  Oh, and the village is called Ballingry. :whistling:

Get well soon 🤧

How many in the ICU though!

:sob:

33 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

That roaster Cole-Hamilton is my MSP too, unfortunately! Absolute cretin of a human being with nothing good to say about Scotland and contributes zero. He's worse than that idiot Jardine who's my MP. 

Tory folks in that constituency probably lend him and her their votes as too embarrassed to vote for them! Can't stand those whinging, insipid Lib Dems.

Nucky Thompson
19 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Weren't you saying in the last couple of days how much you like Raab and could see him in charge? And come to think of it, didn't you say that you voted libdem to keep the SNP out?

I wasn't being entirely serious :biggrin2: I would take an adolescent Chimp before Bojo though.

7 minutes ago, Roxy Hearts said:

That roaster Cole-Hamilton is my MSP too, unfortunately! Absolute cretin of a human being with nothing good to say about Scotland and contributes zero. He's worse than that idiot Jardine who's my MP. 

Tory folks in that constituency probably lend him and her their votes as too embarrassed to vote for them! Can't stand those whinging, insipid Lib Dems.

I agree regarding him and Jardine but he got my vote to keep out the snp. I’d happily vote for the Tory candidate if I thought they had a chance. 

The Mighty Thor

Get ready folks, Bozo the Clown to launch the dead cat of dead cats this afternoon in a 5pm presser with the announcement of Plan B restrictions for Englandshire.

Adolfa/Nippoleon/Crankie's fault again?

Nucky Thompson
Just now, Dazo said:

I agree regarding him and Jardine but he got my vote to keep out the snp. I’d happily vote for the Tory candidate if I thought they had a chance. 

I find him a decent MP and he always makes himself available and approachable.

I like how he goes after those absolute gimps that run Edinburgh council.

Can't stand Jardine though and don't get me started on that creepy Ed Davey

Nucky Thompson
4 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Get ready folks, Bozo the Clown to launch the dead cat of dead cats this afternoon in a 5pm presser with the announcement of Plan B restrictions for Englandshire.

Adolfa/Nippoleon/Crankie's fault again?

I'm sure the one or two English based folk that post on here will be raging 

5 minutes ago, Dazo said:

Pretty standard now for many such is the disdain for our politicsal leaders.  I would not waste the steam of my pish on any but there is not one political party large or small that I would not vote for before the SNP.

55 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

After a couple of issues with the council I got in touch with them and local councillors regarding the matter. Only the Tory councillor Scott Douglas took any interest and sorted the issues. 

12 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

I wasn't being entirely serious :biggrin2: I would take an adolescent Chimp before Bojo though.

Well no arguments there!

41 minutes ago, Dazo said:

Fair enough. They are charlatans of the highest order. People must be off their heads to vote for them. Tories are well, Tories!

39 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

I find him a decent MP and he always makes himself available and approachable.

I like how he goes after those absolute gimps that run Edinburgh council.

Can't stand Jardine though and don't get me started on that creepy Ed Davey

My wife and daughter voted for him because he's on Facebook! They both voted SNP on the list because they like Nicola Sturgeon. I tried to tell them about voting system but to no avail. 🤣

Dennis Denuto
2 minutes ago, Taffin said:

They can stick plan b where the sun don't shine.

Screenshot_20211208-111536.png

What are the PlanB restrictions? I don't think they are that big a deal are they, bit of masking and VPs for large events.

1 minute ago, Dennis Denuto said:

What are the PlanB restrictions? I don't think they are that big a deal are they, bit of masking and VPs for large events.

And supposedly cost the UK economy £4billion per month according to the institute of economic affairs. 

Nucky Thompson
1 minute ago, Dennis Denuto said:

Work from home and VP's. 

I'm not sure about masks in hospitality, as they see that as a waste of time

5 minutes ago, Dennis Denuto said:

Masks and working from home mainly. Moving to what Scotland has been doing. 

Dennis Denuto
1 minute ago, Taffin said:

And supposedly cost the UK economy £4billion per month according to the institute of economic affairs. 

Just now, Nucky Thompson said:

Work from home and VP's. 

I'm not sure about masks in hospitality, as they see that as a waste of time

Ok thanks.

Also there is the annoyance that they are only getting announced as a distraction from the party/lies fiasco.

Nucky Thompson

I tuned into PM's questions with the popcorn expecting some fireworks.

Turned out to be a bit of a damp squib if I'm honest

2 minutes ago, Dennis Denuto said:

Ok thanks.

Also there is the annoyance that they are only getting announced as a distraction from the party/lies fiasco.

True, that annoys me much more than the party itself. Similar to when sturgeon broke her own rules people's outrage is largely faux outrage imo about the actual act of them having had a party, but now deflecting by suddenly needing plan b stinks.

Dennis Denuto
1 minute ago, Nucky Thompson said:

I tuned into PM's questions with the popcorn expecting some fireworks.

Turned out to be a bit of a damp squib if I'm honest

It's like the Staff were teenagers with an empty, he's trying to tell everyone he doesn't know if there was party in his own house or not!! I mean they pesky kids said they didn't have one...................

Dennis Denuto
1 minute ago, Taffin said:

True, that annoys me much more than the party itself. Similar to when sturgeon broke her own rules people's outrage is largely faux outrage imo about the actual act of them having had a party, but now deflecting by suddenly needing plan b stinks.

NS didn't deliberately break any rules and certainly didn't deny it (in regards Covid anyway).

Boris looks to be using Omicron to get away with yet more lying, he gets away with so easily why even bother playing the game. He should just keep denying it.

21 minutes ago, Dennis Denuto said:

NS didn't deliberately break any rules and certainly didn't deny it (in regards Covid anyway).

Boris looks to be using Omicron to get away with yet more lying, he gets away with so easily why even bother playing the game. He should just keep denying it.

How do  we know this? She was photographed attending a wake and was standing indoors within 1.5 metres of others not wearing a mask and she says, sorry, it was a mistake. Of course Boris has no credibility, but there are question marks over Sturgeon and her selective memory after the Salmond inquiry. Frankly, while others may well see thing differently, and so be it, I wouldn't buy a second hand car from either of them. 

Edited by henryheart
post not complete

Nucky Thompson

Breaking news.

The Pfizer booster jab works against omicron a study has found.

Early lab results indicate 3 doses provide as much protection as 2 doses did for the original variant 

Aye but aye but "jabbed up with **** knows what".

It's only a "bad flu" is wot it is.  Bad flu for everyone at once presents no possible problems.

Edited by Victorian

57 minutes ago, Dennis Denuto said:

That's what I mean, it's the denial and distraction that gets me not the actual rule-breaking. 

We've slightly different definitions of deliberately though on the NS front 😂 

27 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Breaking news.

The Pfizer booster jab works against omicron a study has found.

Early lab results indicate 3 doses provide as much protection as 2 doses did for the original variant 

So with the vulnerable booster’d up it’s pretty much as you were. Pantwetting on hold till the next time ? 

Edited by Dazo

Dennis Denuto
4 minutes ago, Taffin said:

That's what I mean, it's the denial and distraction that gets me not the actual rule-breaking. 

We've slightly different definitions of deliberately though on the NS front 😂 

It's the sort of mistake anyone could have made, my Mother in Law only seems to wear a mask when you don't have to but forgets when you are actually meant to wear one, thankfully she is not in charge of any countries Covid rules.

I get the impression Boris and other politicians use mask non-wearing as a political statement.

6 minutes ago, Dazo said:

So with the vulnerable booster’d up it’s pretty much as you were. Pantwetting on hold till the next time ? 

Hold your horses a bit though.  The boosted will be ok,  by and large.  But lots of cases amongst everyone else could still equal a problem of scale.  Let's hope the mild symptoms theory holds up.

2 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

Covid is a bad flu - that is exactly what it is.

A bad flu that kills people or leaves them with long term illness and can overwhelm health services but hey, downplay it by calling it a bad flu

I do acknowledge climate change - the climate has continued to change since the dawn of time. 

How very noble of you

What is a hoax is the highly convenient 'build back better' and the non-stop pushing of the greener agenda as if the world is going to end in 30 years time.  All these summits and conventions constantly trying to make the standard of life worse for the 99% is not something I will ever get on board with.  

There is a great risk of climate breakdown and ecosystems and mass displacement of millions of people but lets bury our heads in the sand.

The move to a greener economy doesn't need to be borne by the 99% but that's what the 1% want you to think

These doomsday fanatics constantly telling us how awful we are and how we should eat grass and insects and live in caves are the scum of the earth.

No one has said that

The whole pushing of the green agenda is so disproportionate to the reality of the situation.  Billionaires with private jets, private islands, China, India and Russia with no ****s given for their two thirds of all CO2 emissions.

There is mass hypocrisy on this, that is true (we got there half way in!)

Notice how all this carnage the past 2 years is not affecting billionaires, big tech or muiti-nationals?  They are cashing in.  Notice how there seems to be an endless amount of government spending on covid?

Billionaires tend not to be impacted by mass health or economic shocks. This isn't the hot take you think it is or just with covid

Notice how we are all trying to be locked down and silenced? 

yeah, I haven't heard any discerning voices on social media or the mainstream media. Thankfully our authoritarian  overlords haven't yet infiltrated Kickback and you can show us all the light.

Notice how we are all trying to be jabbed with **** knows what.  Are you ok with this?

Yes, I'm fine with an approved vaccine that has passed clinical trials, much like other vaccines I have taken. The reduction of hospitalisations and deaths since the vaccine update is just a quirk. Disappointingly still no inbuilt 5g signal or magnetism (no change there) either.

Seems to me that too many people are enjoying being government cucks and it is without doubt obvious that too many people are living of the thoughts of social media.

Part of this build back better is for us to not own anything – this includes thoughts in our head.

Hold on, people just parrot stuff on social media? You should write a paper and quick too before your thoughts are controlled by those who want us to take the vaccine and play 3-4-3.

2 minutes ago, Boy Daniel said:

Good news. 
3x doses of the Pfizer vaccine neutralises the Omricon Virus 

Can be rolled out by March

:yas:

There will only have been another 3 new variants by then. 

In 5 years you will still have certain people on here looking forward to the next booster for the latest variant. Utterly pathetic individuals.

4 minutes ago, Boy Daniel said:

Good news. 
3x doses of the Pfizer vaccine neutralises the Omricon Virus 

What happens to the people who had Moderna as the booster - do they need a 3rd dose of Pfizer ? I had AstraZenaca 🤷🏻‍♀️

8 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

In 5 years you will still have certain people on here looking forward to the next booster for the latest variant. Utterly pathetic individuals.

If it's needed and protects the individual then I'll take it.  But I'm not sure what you mean by looking forward to it.  Bizzare Si.  Not sure what your problem is but you're making a complete fool of yourself with all the wild lashing out.

Find something else to do buddy.

2 minutes ago, Victorian said:

If it's needed and protects the individual then I'll take it.  But I'm not sure what you mean by looking forward to it.  Bizzare Si.  Not sure what your problem is but you're making a complete fool of yourself with all the wild lashing out.

Find something else to do buddy.

My problem is Vic that this will never end - there is literally no end in sight and to me (and just my view) there is some deeper shit going on.

As long as people lap it up the politicians will get away with (literally) murder.

There will never be zero cases or anywhere close.  There will always be a 'covid' on the horizon now the world knows big banks etc can work remotely and we will be the governments bitches without even a murmer.

Two years in and John Swinney is talking about possible lockdowns again.  Two years Vic. Two years!  There is quite simply far more serious shit going on in life.  This is not ending - we only have 2 options.  Option one is live with it or option 2 is be controlled by it.

19 minutes ago, fbjambo said:

What happens to the people who had Moderna as the booster - do they need a 3rd dose of Pfizer ? I had AstraZenaca 🤷🏻‍♀️

500 billion more in the bank for the Pfizer big wigs if the world goes with this one though.  Poor wee souls.

Just now, i8hibsh said:

My problem is Vic that this will never end - there is literally no end in sight and to me (and just my view) there is some deeper shit going on.

As long as people lap it up the politicians will get away with (literally) murder.

There will never be zero cases or anywhere close.  There will always be a 'covid' on the horizon now the world knows big banks etc can work remotely and we will be the governments bitches without even a murmer.

Two years in and John Swinney is talking about possible lockdowns again.  Two years Vic. Two years!  There is quite simply far more serious shit going on in life.  This is not ending - we only have 2 options.  Option one is live with it or option 2 is be controlled by it.

We're all feeling it mate.  Please quit the lashing out.  I'll take vaccines if they are needed.  Nobody is looking forward to any more of this shite.  I'm looking forward to less of this shite tbh.  

52 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Hold your horses a bit though.  The boosted will be ok,  by and large.  But lots of cases amongst everyone else could still equal a problem of scale.  Let's hope the mild symptoms theory holds up.

I know it’s early days but I don’t think we have heard anything other than mild symptoms ? 

Worrying about a mild virus really needs to be knocked on the head and should never had started to be honest. 

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )
  • JKBMod 12 featured, locked, unlocked and unfeatured this topic